March 19, 2024, 05:11:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robyn Gardner #3 12/04/11 -  (Read 400066 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #460 on: August 07, 2012, 01:24:17 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51096:homber-cu-a-hoga-na-baby-beach-tabata-un-nba-all-star-&catid=1:local&Itemid=5

Papiamentu translation:

man cu owing to hoga at baby beach was one nba all star

monday, 06 august 2012 19:54

he dan roundfield cu monday afternoon owing to lose his life in sea at aruba was acolyte of nba all star team at three ocasion. roundfield was conoci for is one hungador defensivo much podereso. the was have one carera profesional for 11 anja. the was of vacacion at aruba y owing to hoga in the area of baby beach monday afternoon.

COMMENTS:

scirbi for hooiberg, august 06, 2012
in another word we can wait for cobertura of media mericano again, hooopi maloooo self. -2 come across...

scirbi for good aruban, august 06, 2012
my have to owing to read the commentario anterior two trip because my not can owing to believe cu have person so cruel;.e poor man owing to hoga hour past owing to try scapa life of his senjora then now the preocupacion of hooiberg is cu we is go hanja ccbertura of the media mericano. foei, foe, foei. bad ehempel hooiberg. acaso do you not have corazon come across.bonita word of you for prensa mericano publica. esey if is give aruba one good name again. very tristo self thing owing to happen. the pareha here owing to escohe aruba for come happen they vakantie then algo tristo so have cu happen. much compel at his senjora y family, sosega at paz sr, roundfield. come across

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: August 07, 2012, 02:12:21 AM »

There have been many drownings at Baby Beach in the years I've read the Aruba news, I don't recall one where they didn't find the body.

If someone else remembers one, please remind me.  TIA

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: August 07, 2012, 02:15:09 AM »

American tourist dies at Baby Beach?

http://www.awe24.com/20120806/11472/Homber_turista_a_hoga_ora_ela_bay_rescata_su_casa_cu_tabata_den_lama_bruto_na

man tourist owing to hoga hour ela bay rescata his casa cu was in lama bruto at baby beach

version policial.. monday nightfall for more or less 13:30 hrs, central of police is achieve one call of cu one person will is perdi in lama, just pafo of the mouth of baby beach. autoridadnan necesario (kustwacht, police maritimo, slachtofferhulp, helicopter of police, brandweer, sarfa, etc, etc).ta being send at the sitio y eynan they're come encontra cu several boluntario (civil) cu was buscando in lama end. after of more or less 1 hour of buskeda owing to come encontra the curpa without life of the victima, the tourist masculino: danny roundfield u.s.a. 26 of half 1953 hospedando cu his madam in renaissance hotel according declaracionnan at the sitio the madam will owing to haye in problem in lama bruto y the victima will owing to save his madam pe the hour ey wordo lastra the self door of lama bruto y corriente strong. till so far not have niun indicacion of cu is deal here of one crimen but more bien of one caso of hogamento in lama bruto. recherche have the caso. slachtofferhulp of police is dunando sosten at the madam of the victima. of part of awe24.com y cuerpo policial wanted send condolencia at the family of the victima. come across

If I understand it correctly, the man drowned trying to save his wife.   

I've highlighted the part that I think says that above in blue.

May he rest in peace.   Sad an angelic monkey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Roundfield

Danny (Dan) Thomas Roundfield (born May 26, 1953 in Detroit, Michigan) is a retired American professional basketball player. The 6'8" forward/center graduated from Chadsey Senior High School in 1971. On the collegiate scene, Roundfield was twice selected to the All-Mid-American Conference Team for Central Michigan University; he was also the 1975 M.A.C. Player of the Year.

Roundfield spent 11 seasons in the National Basketball Association, playing for the Indiana Pacers (1976–1978), Atlanta Hawks (1978–1984), Detroit Pistons (1984–1985), and Washington Bullets (1985–1987). Roundfield earned a reputation as a strong rebounder and tenacious defender, and during his career he was named to five NBA All-Defensive teams and three All-Star teams. His nickname was Dr. Rounds.

::snipping2::

Bump

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: August 07, 2012, 02:17:39 AM »

Beautiful video, was shown at Robyn's vigil.    an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3625452230824

Help Find Robyn Colson - Gardner : Missing in Aruba
Yesterday

Robyn's Timeline

For you, Robyn. We showed this at your vigil. We love and miss you!!!

(For those without Facebook, you can click on the picture to see the video)

an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:03 AM »

There have been many drownings at Baby Beach in the years I've read the Aruba news, I don't recall one where they didn't find the body.

If someone else remembers one, please remind me.  TIA

Exactly so where is Robyn?  

Also, where are the lifeguards or the warnings? 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:33:45 AM by klaasend » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: August 07, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »

They spend millions every year on advertising and promotional gimmicks to get the tourists there...but won't spend a dime to keep them safe while they're there.  jmo

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: August 07, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: August 07, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/122864-introductie-waarschuwingsborden-en-strandwachten-vastgelopen

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:07

The mortal remains of Dan Field Round by members of the fire is carried away on Baby Beach.

SAN NICOLAS - The dropping of warning signs and the introduction of lifeguards on beaches as Baby Beach is still stuck in the bureaucracy. This says Tourism Minister Otmar Oduber (AVP) at Daily Herald. Now yesterday, another tourist, a former professional basketball in the United States, was drowned at Baby Beach, says he to have put extra pressure on the implementation of the plan for two years there.by our reporterAriën RasmijnIn response to the drowning Minister Oduber said this morning that he has ordered to speed up the warning signs, buoys and lifeguards, including at Baby Beach. In recent years, there are regular tourist drowned while swimming or snorkeling. "It's all stuck in the bureaucratic mill. In the past two years there is still everything to bear as the TPEF fund. We still need, for example with government DIP DOW and talk about where the signs now are allowed to be placed. Management should also formulate legislation the liability, "said the minister. Meanwhile, make the American media reported the drowning of former NBA player Dan Round Field. Minister Oduber said to have been informed.In 2010, announced Minister Oduber stated that there were signs and lifeguards would come and that this would fall under Aruba Marine Foundation. Aruba Hotel Security Foundation (AHSF) then gave the Amigoe also expressed in full-time lifeguards when hiring. The foundation, which falls under Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (Ahata), co-funded that year, the certification of 24 lifeguards. However, there were not enough funds. Also lacked an appropriate legal arrangement, whereby the liability for accidents among users of the beach remains, says AHSF. ::snipping2::

Hard flow

The announcement of the loss of Round Field yesterday was one thirty in the afternoon inside. According to police spokesperson John Larmonie volunteers were already in the water searching for victims when emergency services arrived. According to witnesses the victim and his wife went snorkeling while currently quite turbulent sea. The woman got into trouble at some point, Round Field shot to her aid but was supported by the strong currents and waves dragged further out. Eventually, the woman is the way to achieve, but Round Field disappeared.

Under a rock

The Coast Guard sent a helicopter to Baby Beach and SARFA Search & Rescue was activated. Carlos Peterson was the first of two SARFA volunteers who arrived. Together with an employee of the maritime police, an American diver and a local volunteer, they went into the water to Round Field to search. After a long search, Peterson was the victim along with the American diver. "We found the victim wedged under a rock. At that time he had no snorkel equipment anymore. Given the position he stuck clamped, I think he was in a last attempt tried to himself pushing up, but his strength was short. "When asked if Round Field and his wife served were with warning signs, says Peterson," The flow there is so hard and the waves are so unpredictable. I think the government should prohibit tourists even in that neighborhood to go snorkeling. "

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: August 07, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/251221/40/Ex-Hawks-All-Star-Dan-Roundfield-drowns-in-Aruba
Ex-Hawks All-Star Dan Roundfield drowns in Aruba
Aruba police spokesman John Larmonie says Roundfield and his wife were caught in strong currents Monday while swimming beyond a protected reef area on the southeastern tip of the island. Roundfield helped his wife to safety but then the current swept away the 59-year-old former player.

Larmonie says a search team found Dan Roundfield's body underwater about 90 minutes after he was swept away, trapped by rocks. Officials said Roundfield's wife was still on the island Tuesday after being treated for shock.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #469 on: August 07, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »

They spend millions every year on advertising and promotional gimmicks to get the tourists there...but won't spend a dime to keep them safe while they're there.  jmo

And that's the truth! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »

Just a reminder, Baby Beach is not where Gary Giordano claims he and Robyn were snorkeling, but it is close to where he said they were.

Dan Roundfield is a hero, but he shouldn't have died out there.  Maybe with his status and the many years he and his wife had visited Aruba, the ball will start rolling a little faster for warning signs, lifeguards etc. on beaches such as this one where the sea and currents are seemingly so unpredictable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-hawks-star-roundfield-drowns-175621375--nba.html

Former NBA All-Star Roundfield drowns in Aruba

By BEN FOX (Associated Press) | The Associated Press – 4 hours ago

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) -- Dan Roundfield, an NBA veteran who had three consecutive All-Star seasons, has drowned off the Caribbean island of Aruba while helping his wife as she struggled in rough water. He was 59.

Roundfield, who played 11 professional seasons with Indiana, Atlanta, Detroit and Washington, had been swimming with his wife, Bernie, off the southeastern tip of Aruba on Monday when they became caught in rough water beyond a protected reef area, said John Larmonie, a police spokesman on the southern Caribbean island.

The former All Star was apparently swept away in a strong current as he tried to help his struggling wife, Larmonie said. Police, firefighters, the Coast Guard and volunteers searched for him, finding his body about 90 minutes later, trapped by rocks underwater.

''It's a real tragedy,'' Larmonie said. ''He drowned saving his wife.''

Bernie Roundfield, who said she was helped to safety by a U.S. tourist snorkeling nearby, said in an interview that the couple, who live in the Atlanta area, had come to the island with their two grandchildren.

The couple had visited Aruba nearly 20 times and were caught off guard by the strong currents at the swimming area known as ''Baby Beach,'' even though they had been there many times in the past, she said.

''We always go to Baby Beach, and we go there because it's so safe,'' she told The Associated Press. ''It happened so fast.''

Bernie Roundfield was treated for shock after the incident and Larmonie said the government had provided a social worker to assist her and other family members as they remained on the island Tuesday.

Julia Roundfield, a sister-in-law of the athlete, who lives in Detroit, said members of the former athlete's extended family were still trying to get details of the incident.

''He was a real sweet guy,'' Julia Roundfield said. ''He really was a sweetheart.''

His wife said he will be remembered as a family man.

''People knew he was a great husband, a great dad, a great grandfather,'' Bernie Roundfield said. ''They knew he would help his friends or any other person who needed help.''

Friends and colleagues mourned an athlete that they said was known for physical play but a gentle nature. ''Danny represented the Hawks with dignity and pride both on and off the court, and this is a tragic loss for us all,'' team General Manager Danny Ferry said in a statement.

Former Hawks teammate Dominique Wilkins called Roundfield the ''most honest and upfront person I knew,'' in a statement released by the team. ''He taught me how to be a professional and took me under his wing,'' he said. ''My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, I will truly miss him.''

In addition to his wife, Roundfield is survived by his sons Christopher and Corey and two grandchildren. Funeral arrangements had not been finalized.

Larmonie said Baby Beach is generally safe but can be deceptive. The water can get treacherous out beyond the reef in rough weather.

''It was a really bad day to go outside the reef,'' he said.

In August 2011, an American tourist, Gary Giordano of Gaithersburg, Maryland, reported that his companion, Robyn Gardner of Frederick, Maryland, disappeared while snorkeling near Baby Beach. Police detained Giordano on suspicion of involvement in her death but he was released for lack of evidence and returned to the U.S.
-----
Associated Press writers Jeff Martin and Charles Odum in Atlanta contributed to this report.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: August 08, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/123046-aanleg-boeien-en-borden-op-baby-beach

Google translation:

Construction signs and buoys at Baby Beach         

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2012 10:05

Minister Oduber on Baby Beach, next to her Finance Minister and local resident Mike Meza and include representatives of the Red Cross, and DOW States member Chris Dammers.

SAN NICOLAS - Commissioned by the government next week started with the construction of buoys in the sea near Baby Beach. The buoys must warn swimmers to where they can stand, where only experienced swimmers are allowed to car and from where the current is too hard to safely swim. The reason for the construction is yet another drowning before yesterday. Also, there are warning signs quickly.

This says Minister Otmar Oduber (AVP) for Tourism, Labour and Transport. This morning during a press conference at the popular beach on the east side of the island Oduber told that there are lifeguards. Moreover, he goes to sit down with Infrastructure Minister Benny Sevinger (AVP) to talk about a way to the strong currents there to change or diminish. Direct result of the conference and the action is the drowning of former U.S. basketball player Dan Round Field day before yesterday. The minister says that Aruba must guard against its reputation with visitors. "This is an increasingly popular swimming place. Therefore, in recent times more incidents. Even local people do not always know what's going with the flow here, "said the minister. As in past years hurricanes have come close, the situation is completely changed at Baby Beach, which was strong currents. "We're going to ask Minister Sevinger permanent adjustments to make to that situation," said Oduber. "We have long done to ensure a coordinated approach, but now all services are in order in the next week to two weeks to get this done."

Wait a beach n

Yesterday, the minister still Amigoe know that the introduction of safety devices on beaches such as Baby Beach two years stuck by red tape. Thus, Directorate of Legislation and Legal Affairs (DWJZ) is still the responsibility of lifeguards to settle. Today the Minister said that with funding from the Tourism Product Enhancement Fund (TPEF) and the Red Cross Aruba Marine Park Foundation as a pilot project lifeguards will introduce at Baby Beach. If it was not said. In 2010, 24 lifeguards, with funding from, inter alia, Aruba Hotel Security Foundation (AHSF), trained and certified. These individuals were never used as a lifeguard.

Boeie n

Pending lifeguards are therefore already posted signs and buoys. Sea Solutions, a company that constructs mooring buoys for hotels, will make a plan for the construction of the buoys. Manager Olyses Mata Rossi indicates that the government has directly approached his company to do this. "We will conduct an investigation into the seabed and will draw a yellow line of buoys to where swimmers may stand. There is a second line, a blue, which indicates that only good swimmers can go behind. Finally, a third line drawn. Behind the orange line, the flow is too hard and it is too dangerous to swim, "said Mata Rossi. These strong currents, combined with the clear water with many fish, according to him the great danger of Eagle Beach. "Snorkelers attention only on the clean water, white sand and the many fish and do not notice that they are entrained by the flow until it is too late and they can not go back," he explains. In addition to the buoys, the presence of a lifeguard find important Mata Rossi. "They can ensure that those who do not read the signs and still goes swimming in time return."

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: August 08, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »

If someone else remembers one, please remind me.  TIA

What do these 3 women have in common?

St. Martin missing

Leta Cordes,

ANSWER:
Taco Stein
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #473 on: August 08, 2012, 03:50:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WATZZuevJfg

video of Baby Beach.

Unless one goes out beyond that barrier I don't know how someone drowns at baby beach - where people are standing up in the water way out and the water is so crystal clear you can see lots of fish.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: August 08, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »

The water is pretty calm unless one goes out past the reef where you can see the current is pretty rough.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: August 16, 2012, 11:56:13 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51525:prome-borchi-di-advertencia-poni-na-baby-beach&catid=1:local&Itemid=5

Papiamentu translation:

in less cu one week borchinan of seguridad y reglanan poni at baby beach

thursday, 16 august 2012 11:52

after cu week happen minister otmar oduber y minister mike de meza was present together cu various departamento entrenan dow at baby beach already end owing to cuminsa see movecion. this is trabaonan for ilustra on reglanan y advertencianan of the pliger cu have for cierto area at baby beach. not only the blackboard of indicacion is ilustra on the coriente saliendo for of the mouth of baby beach but also another reglanan cu usuarionan have to as cuenta cune. several local y tourist owing to lose they life during ultimo anjanan in the area here. finalmente never is late for actua y pesey self owing to dicidi cu now if is instant for place all the indicacionnan for esnan cu arrive know till where they can arrive. in lama also will place cierto material cu mensahenan cla for show esnan in water cu have danger because the coriente can is strong in water. dow was trahado strong poniendo the first borchinan diahuebs morning y owing to succeed stay cla also. insistencia of the two ministernan owing to place the cos march more liher according marlon jacobs of dow. in combersacion the same boss of dow owing to splica also cu in two day the compania owing to work the borchinan. pesey self owing to go over rapidamente for place they. of the form here can see cu have trip hour hinca cierto trabaonan in hand of cierto departamento the cosnan is stick. as is miss of boluntad or another motibonan cu is place the cosnan go so. in the caso here owing to stay demostra cu cosnan can go rapidamente. is wait for cu the borchinan here can help y so evita cu we will stay achieve noticianan desagradable.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: September 10, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »

APNewsBreak: Md. man held in Aruba sued by insurer
Monday September 10, 2012 10:30 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) — American Express is suing a Maryland man detained for months in Aruba in the suspected death of his traveling companion last year.

The federal lawsuit seeks to void a travel insurance policy that Gary Giordano, of Gaithersburg, took out in Robyn Gardner's name before their trip. The suit says the policy is void because Giordano and Gardner aren't married, aren't related and weren't business partners.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2012/09/10/us--aruba-missing-american.html
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: September 10, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »

http://washingtonexaminer.com/maryland-man-accused-in-aruba-disappearance-sued-over-insurance-policy/article/2507512

Maryland man accused in Aruba disappearance sued over insurance policy
September 10, 2012 | 12:05 pm

In a lawsuit filed in federal court in Greenbelt last week, AMEX seeks for the accidental death and dismemberment coverage to be voided. The complaint alternatively asks for a declaration that no valid claim could be made for death benefits pertaining to Gardner, and it alternatively asks for damages from Giordano for fraud and/or negligent misrepresentations in documents involving the policy.

The complaint argues that Giordano didn't have an insurable interest in Gardner's life because they weren't relatives, married, or involved in business together or had joint property.

It also alleges that Giordano engaged in fraud when he named Gardner as his "partner" on the policy. In television interviews following his release from Aruba, Giordano said he met Gardner on a website called "Adult Friend Finder" and described their relationship as casual and non-exclusive.

In June, Giordano sued AMEX in a court in Cook County, Ill., seeking to be paid the "full death benefit" of $3.5 million from the policy. According to AMEX's lawsuit, Giordano's complaint does not provide an explanation for the claim that he is entitled to get $3.5 million.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: September 10, 2012, 02:26:20 PM »

http://www.ksro.com/news/article.aspx?id=3216674

9/10/2012 10:56 AM

APNewsBreak: Md. man held in Aruba sued by insurer

ERIC TUCKER

WASHINGTON (AP) — An American Express subsidiary is suing a Maryland man who was jailed for months in Aruba in the suspected death of his traveling companion.

The subsidiary, AMEX Assurance Company, seeks to void a travel insurance policy that Gary Giordano, of Gaithersburg, took out in Robyn Gardner's name before their Caribbean vacation last year. The lawsuit, filed last week in federal court in Maryland, says the policy isn't legally enforceable because Giordano and Gardner aren't married or otherwise related, weren't business partners and didn't own property together.

It also accuses him of lying on insurance forms by identifying Gardner as his "partner" when the two actually had what the company calls a "casual and non-exclusive" relationship.

"You have to have an economic interest in the person" when taking out a policy, American Express spokeswoman Gail Wasserman said Monday.

The suit also says that Gardner remains a missing person, and that aside from Giordano's public statements suggesting she is dead, "there is no other direct evidence that she is no longer alive."

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #479 on: September 10, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »

Another article.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Insurer-Sues-Gary-Giordano-Over-Robyn-Gardner-Travel-Insurance-Policy-Missing-Aruba-169220286.html

Robyn Gardner disappeared in Aruba in August 2011By Eric Tucker |  Monday, Sep 10, 2012  |  Updated 4:42 PM EDT

An American Express subsidiary is suing a Maryland man who was jailed for months in Aruba in the suspected death of his traveling companion.

The subsidiary, AMEX Assurance Company, seeks to void a travel insurance policy that Gary Giordano, of Gaithersburg, took out in Robyn Gardner's name before their Caribbean vacation last year. The lawsuit, filed last week in federal court in Maryland, says the policy isn't legally enforceable because Giordano and Gardner aren't married or otherwise related, weren't business partners and didn't own property together.

It also accuses him of lying on insurance forms by identifying Gardner as his “partner” when the two actually had what the company calls a “casual and non-exclusive” relationship

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.