March 28, 2024, 11:40:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robyn Gardner #3 12/04/11 -  (Read 400756 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #400 on: June 22, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47857513#47857513

TODAY   |  Aired on June 18, 2012

Aruba disappearance suspect makes insurance claim
Gary Giordano, the prime suspect in the disappearance of Robyn Gardner in Aruba, filed a lawsuit to claim a travel insurance payout, a move Gardner’s friends call “infuriating.” NBC’s Jeff Rossen reports.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: June 23, 2012, 02:10:58 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552

Recent Posts By Others

Brenda Covey Sekerak
I have been here in Aruba for 7 days...been to baby beach 2 times... was downtown and all over!!! What was missing I ask. I did not see 1 poster of Robyn to br found and I did look
Like · Comment  · about an hour ago

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: June 23, 2012, 08:53:06 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552

Recent Posts By Others

Brenda Covey Sekerak
I have been here in Aruba for 7 days...been to baby beach 2 times... was downtown and all over!!! What was missing I ask. I did not see 1 poster of Robyn to br found and I did look
Now why doesn't that surprise me.  They just want to push all this under the proverbial rug.  They forget, some of us never forget!

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #403 on: June 23, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »

Recent Posts By Others

Brenda Covey Sekerak
Now why doesn't that surprise me.  They just want to push all this under the proverbial rug.  They forget, some of us never forget!

Having a poster of a missing American, is bad for tourism.

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: June 23, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »

Recent Posts By Others

Brenda Covey Sekerak

Having a poster of a missing American, is bad for tourism.

Seems to me that another American tourist missing for almost a year "without a trace" should be bad for tourism too.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/116337-tackle-human-trafficking-on-curacao-

‘Tackle human trafficking on Curaçao’         

WEDNESDAY, 20 JUNE 2012 11:24

WILLEMSTAD — Curaçao must take a firm line in combating human trafficking and offering victims sufficient protection. “These require a vigorous approach.” This appears from the recent report from the American Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Curaçao has now been placed on the TIER 2 list along with the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica. Last year, Curaçao had even been put on the TIER 2-watchlist.Curaçao can be considered a destination for females, men and perhaps even children who are forced into prostitution or labor. According to the auditors, ‘there are indications that child prostitution is a problem’. However, this cannot be substantiated by facts or figures. The recruitment procedure for the females from the tolerated Campo Alegre is also vague, according to the authors.

Pay off a debt

The local authorities also think migrants are sometimes forced to do housekeeping, to work in the construction sector, lay out gardens or work in shops. Migrants working in restaurants and local shops are more vulnerable because in many cases they have to pay off a debt. Victims of human trafficking come from Columbia, the Dominican Republic, Haiti and Asia (India and China, (editorial office)).

Although the country does its best, it fails to comply with the minimum requirements to ban human trafficking. Last year the new penal code with severe punishments for human trafficking was adopted. However, there’d been no criminal cases to prosecute the perpetrators of human trafficking, unlike in 2010.

The US argue for a vigorous and transparent approach of human trafficking so victims actually dare to report to social workers. This means pro-active guidelines for those working in this sector – from public health workers to officials – who are to recognize the signs of human trafficking and identify the victims. However, as no courses were given for these sectors the past year, no victims of human trafficking were identified, according to the authors.

Besides a large-scale, multilingual awareness campaign, a Spanish social worker and more (health) inspections for instance at Campo Alegre, the auditors believe that perpetrators of human trafficking – including accomplice officials – should be prosecuted.

The government protecting victims of human trafficking is considered ‘weak’. In 2010, four victims of human trafficking were reported, compared to sixteen in 2009. There were no reports last year. This is characteristic for the lack of knowledge to identify victims, according to the authors – despite the significant population of foreign females working as prostitute on Curaçao. Organizations in Columbia and Venezuela report on having supported victims of forced, sexual exploitation on the island. The secret women’s hostels on Curaçao hadn’t received any victims of human trafficking the past year. Nor is there any protection program for victims.

No observers

The initiatives of the past year, for example a multilingual campaign on forced prostitution or labor held with regard to the international Day against Human Trafficking, were deemed inadequate. There aren’t any observers/reporters to monitor the approach of human trafficking, according to the auditors. They concluded the paragraph on Curaçao by remarking that the government hasn’t identified the problem of child sex tourism to the island.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: June 23, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »

http://pulitzerandthompson.com/gary-giordano-and-joran-van-der-sloot-a-new-aruba-murder-mystery/

(No date, but from the statements of current events IMO, August 2011)

Gary Giordano and Joran van der Sloot: A New Aruba Murder Mystery

When one mentions Aruba to persons outside the United States, the name conjures up an image of a tranquil island oasis with blue waters, white sandy beaches and divi-divi trees swaying in the wind, but ask an American about the island and a far different image comes into focus—an island forever associated with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Boats in front of the Holiday Inn in 2005

Now another American, Robyn Gardner, has gone missing and is presumed dead on the tiny Dutch protectorate, and once again the Aruban police and judicial system find themselves in an increasingly uncomfortable position.

::snipping2::

Robyn Gardner

The island of Aruba must have breathed a collective sigh of relief when Joran was arrested in Chile last spring. His callous escapades had decimated Aruba’s tourism industry five years earlier and it had taken years to convince American tourists that their island was safe. And now this—another American, a blonde, missing and presumed dead. Is history repeating itself?

Of course there may still be surprises in store for those not up to speed on Dutch law. Gary Giordano, the prime suspect in the disappearance Robyn Gardner, is currently incarcerated on a 16-day hold. Like Joran and the Kalpoe brothers of six years past the courts cannot hold Giordano indefinitely without charging him.

In our book, Portrait of a Monster, Joran van der Sloot, a murder in Peru, and the Natalee Holloway Mystery, we reveal a conversation between Joran’s father, Paulus, and the three young suspects. In a statement to police, Deepak Kalpoe claimed Joran’s father had told the trio that if they were arrested, the “authorities were required to advise them of their rights; that they would first be held for six hours; that they could be locked up after that; that they would have to be brought before a district attorney; that the district attorney could decide to hold them for an additional eight days; that the judge commissioner could order them held for an additional eight days; that in total they could be held for a total of 116 days; and after that they could go home because, without a body, the police do not have a case.”

Does that mean that Giordano will simply walk away from Aruba after 116 days, as Joran did, if there is not enough evidence to bring charges?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067875/Gary-Giordano-released-Aruba-jail-prosecutors-say-STILL-prime-suspect.html

Back in America: Robyn Gardner murder suspect lands on U.S. soil after flying home a free man (he came clean about one thing at least - he's bald as a cue-ball)

By MARK DUELL and LOUISE BOYLE
UPDATED: 16:28 EST, 30 November 2011

(several snips from the article)

Freed: Gary Giordano, right, is pictured with attorney Jose Baez, left, following his release from custody four months after his lover vanished during a five-day trip to the Dutch Caribbean island

‘The prosecution conducted extensive investigations that either confirmed his story or brought up nothing relevant to the case,’ Mr Lejuez said.

‘Up to this moment there is no proof whatsoever that a crime has been committed or that Giordano may have committed a crime' 
Chris Lejuez

'The investigation must have yielded enough evidence to draft a charge. And we are not in that position yet'
Taco Stein

'The case does not end here. Mr. Giordano will remain our prime suspect'
Taco Stein

'Needless to say, our family is very disappointed that even after all this time, we are no closer to finding out what happened to our Robyn. We trust that the FBI and the Aruban authorities will continue their fervent efforts to investigate her disappearance'
Kelly Reed

Giordano, the divorced owner of an employment services company, first drew suspicion with what investigators felt were inconsistencies in his account of Ms Gardner's disappearance.

Later, they learned he had taken out a $1.5 million accidental death policy on her, which Mr Stein said was viewed as a possible motive.

Ms Gardner's friends and family also had serious doubts about her disappearance, saying it was unlikely the 35-year-old woman from Frederick, Maryland, would have gone snorkelling anyway.

The pair had gone travelling with each other on July 31 after reportedly meeting on a swingers' website called Adult Friend Finder and were last seen at an island bar at 4pm on August 2.

Now in the U.S. he is free to file a claim to redeem the American Express travel insurance policy he took out on Ms Gardner.

American Express could not confirm Giordano has such a policy but said anyone making such a claim would have to produce documentation such as a death certificate and any police reports.

No claim would be paid if it turned out there was fraud or 'anything untoward' that would void the policy, an American Express spokesman said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/13193306-418/suit-man-denied-death-benefit-after-2011-disappearance-of-companion-in-aruba.html

Suit: Man denied death benefit after 2011 disappearance of companion in Aruba
Sun-Times Media Wire June 14, 2012 6:57PM
Updated: June 14, 2012 8:34PM

A man considered a person of interest in a woman’s 2011 disappearance in Aruba filed a lawsuit Thursday against an insurance company for allegedly failing to pay a death benefit on her life.

Gary Giordano is suing Chicago-based AmEx Assurance Company for the $3.5 million benefit, which he contends in a suit filed in Cook County Circuit Court. was part of a travel insurance policy he took out before his trip to Aruba with Robyn Lynn Gardner.

Gardner, 36, of Maryland, has been missing since Aug. 2, 2011, and Giordano reported her disappearance to AmEx two days later, according to the suit. Gardner is presumed to be dead.

The suit claims Giordano paid the premiums on the insurance policy.

Giordano told authorities Gardner disappeared while snorkeling near Baby Beach, Sint Nicolaas in Aruba. He was arrested by Aruban police just three days after Gardner’s disappearance, but never charged.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12718.msg1530641#msg1530641

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/116287-om-naar-vs-voor-fbi-overleg-zaak-gardner

ORANGE CITY - The Public Prosecutor (OM) will soon be in the United States with the FBI talking about the case Robyn Gardner. "There is the FBI deported a number of research which we will have," said Chief Peter Blanken the Amigoe. The FBI has questions about the status of the investigation and the results that the OM has been made. The forthcoming visit to the U.S. authorities has nothing to do with the recent requirement of the prime suspect Gary Giordano said the OM. "Coincidentally, the visit of the OM is this together," says spokesperson Ann Angela. Giordano complained to the insurance arm of American Express. The company refuses namely the life of the American Robyn Gardner to pay. Gardner disappeared without a trace last August during a vacation in Aruba. She had recently completed a life for her trip worth $ 1.5 million. Giordano is registered as a beneficiary. Justice assumes that Gardner is no longer alive. Giordano Travel Partner is the prime suspect in the disappearance and presumed death and several months spent in custody. In the absence of evidence, however, he was released and flew back home to America.

Spokesperson Angela says that the visit to the U.S. is not uncommon. "We have very regular contact with the FBI. But even with the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). This is very important to us. "When asked what the reason for the visit, said the spokesperson that it is a logical stage in the investigation. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: June 25, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »

http://www.openpr.com/news/226518/Missing-Maryland-Woman-and-Media-Overload-Are-Catalyst-for-Thriller-Set-in-Aruba.html?SID=937672f4b98eff232751e37ee080ce3b

06-25-2012 09:10 PM CET - Arts & Culture  Print  PDF  Email

Missing Maryland Woman and Media Overload Are Catalyst for Thriller Set in Aruba
Press release from: Hawser Press

A Novel of Aruba Inspired by Actual Events(openPR) -

The summer is off to a rocky start for Maryland businessman Gary Giordano. Arrested in Annapolis on May 18 for indecent exposure, the lone suspect in the disappearance of Robyn Gardner last year in Aruba is now the inspiration for a new novel that hits stores June 26. Dark Currents, the fifth tome from author Daniel Putkowski, examines an Aruba snorkel trip gone awry and the resulting national media coverage.

Putkowski, a part-time expat who lives much of the year in Aruba, has penned other novels set there, including the 2008 bestseller An Island Away. "This is my first foray into crime fiction and the process was both sad and fascinating," says the author. "There were so many twists and turns in the actual case that it was not difficult to fictionalize a scenario."

On the island, the author interacted with reporters and law enforcement to craft his storyline. Independent television journalist Donald Wood--on assignment at the time for NBC--noted, "Putkowski fit right into the pack scouring Aruba for clues in the weeks and months following Gardner’s disappearance. He was out there working leads as hard as any of us journos." CNN anchor and correspondent Martin Savidge said of Dark Currents, "Take it from someone who was there, Putkowski takes fact and wonderfully weaves it into a captivating tale of what if." A reporter who requested anonymity appreciated the author’s sense of humor in Dark Currents, "The real situation was terrible. A missing woman, lots of loose ends. I was grateful Putkowski was able inject a little levity into his novel with characters like fame-obsessed Attorney Jeff Nedd and scowling, desk-pounding Judge Nadine who’s part Nancy Grace, part Judge Judy."

Putkowski, who discussed the Gardner case on the August 31 broadcast of NBC's TODAY show, ended last year with more questions than answers. "We may never know what happened," he now concedes. "I hope someday those who were close to Robyn can find closure." Dark Currents will be available in the U.S. on June 26 and in Aruba in July. The novel can also be read as an e-book. For more information and tour dates, visit DanielPutkowski.com.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: June 25, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/robyn-lynn-gardner/view
ROBYN LYNN GARDNER

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: July 06, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »

Wonder if Esther Baars is related to Janet Richardson-Baars?

http://www.24ora.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49784:esther-baars-abogado-general-nobo-na-ministerio-publico&catid=1:local&Itemid=5

Papiamentu translation:

esther baars abogado-general new at ministerio publico

friday, 06 july 2012 16:54

ministerio publico of aruba have one abogado-general new by first of august 2012. nombracion of mr. esther baars owing to wordo recientemente aproba for conseho of minister, after of voordracht of ministerio publico. madam baars is reemplaza mr. taco stein, the abogado-general anterior of aruba.

the is procedente of ministerio publico of rotterdam, where past owing to work because; senior officier kwaliteit, opsporing provided that vervolging (kov) come across. past owing to cubri several funcion y portefeuilles in ministerio publico at the netherlands. also is so cu one fiscal new owing to cuminza work the month here at ministerio publico. mr. iduna streefland-brink owing to huramenta yesterday fast governor of aruba y had today his first caso. the will reemplaza mr. boot stempher, cu owing to go back the netherlands recientemente. madam streefland owing to work because; fiscal at ministerio publico of in haag. the also owing to work in various funcion important in husticia. so past owing to representa (entre otro) ministerio of husticia of the netherlands in caribbean financial action task force on moneylaundering (1998-2004). ministerio publico is informa besides cu the contrato of the fiscal parent actual, mr. peter blanken, owing to wordo alarga cu one year. sir blanken will stay till november 2013 because; fiscal parent of aruba. ministerio publico is calling madam baars y madam streefland y they famianan bonbini at aruba.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: July 06, 2012, 09:20:51 PM »

www.om.nl/publish/pages/93821/opportuun_2007_nr7.pdf

I think this may be her...
Article from 2007...one of Esther Baars' cases in the Netherlands

Google translation:

Deadly combination
The case against the parents of baby Melanie

One thing is one thing. And really emotional prosecutor Esther Baars not cases in which children are victims are. "But there's almost always something to every thing that you remember.  In this case it was the combination of the two people. That you think: how is it possible that have found each other? "

On December 28, 2005 reports the Sophia Children's Hospital in Rotterdam that a just three months old baby is deceased.  The child is the day before entering, and then it became immediately clear that babies Melanie was the victim of considerable violence, that had been carried out over a longer period. The police is investigating in showing that the father of the child the afternoon of December 27, home alone has been with the girl. He briefly heard as a suspect and almost immediately held.

"This was one of the first Rotterdam sensitive issues after the presentation of The measures which are derived from the Strengthening Program. It was a case of a tiny baby with nearly no bone is very pale. There were recent and old fractures, and pretty soon it was that there is not just an afternoon very marked violence was, but for a long time, "  Esther said Baars. "We therefore decided all interrogations on video recording. "  Also that of the mother. For the whole team felt that as a mother itself had been abused, albeit at the very least should have noticed. "She was there also repeatedly addressed that there were suspicions. Through the clinic, the doctor, a sister.  Eventually she said in an interview that she had seen. The magistrate drew they later again. "

Meanwhile the child was still buried. The mother's funeral regulated. "When I heard that they may still have conscience, I said: "Has she gone completely crazy? Persist that man! "But I am brought from by the officer in training Dorien Kardol with whom I started my business. He asked or that was really necessary, and whether the memory of the child was no better that the mother could do to the funeral.  Of decency for the child, and also because the significance of the other family, have we chose the mother until after the funeral to be held. "The father was not there, and has no permission requested.  The father took now in full hearings on the blame. He indicated that he would be surprised if his wife something noticing. For the treatment appeared despite the fact that the mother did not work, almost entirely on the shoulders of the father to rest. Perch would, therefore, that both Parents were observed at the same time in the Pieter Baancentrum (PBC). "I wanted to see how the interaction between them. "  And that proved disastrous for Melanie. "A case where a child has been abused by and sad for the parents. But here I found it really almost even sadder fact that two people together literally deadly combination can form. "

Father was quite autistic, but reasonably intelligent. His survival strategy was always admit it. The mother wanted the child does not care, just wanted to but cared for themselves, and would always choose which solution was best for her.  The father was also a sadistic impact to have, and would be from a disorder always a mechanical solution for a search problem. Baars: "So if a child cry, make you think it can not breathe get, then it can not cry. So you the man literally squeezed the air out of her lungs. "  Since the mother does not in fact the wild child care, she continued her husband committed often to call in sick.  Thus he had been a labor. "He went that afternoon of the 27th by the ribbon because the printer cover letters which he printed, crashed. "  The opinion of the PBC was: TBS with compulsory treatment for the father. For the mother followed another opinion: especially never have children, because given the fact that they always - unconsciously or not - the best solution would search for her, would they never take a child protection.  The recurrence rate was very high as the mother would have a child again. The advice boiled down to the probation should ensure that mother never become pregnant.  "The probation service can not, of course, Baars said. She sent, therefore, to that the expert witnesses at hearing would be heard. "I wanted to know if she maybe a tbs advice would come. "But that was not there. 

Because of uncertainty about the interrogations of the mother were now matters of father and mother separately. In October 2006 after the father of a requirement six years and TBS sentenced to four years and TBS manslaughter and multiple attempts to manslaughter.

The remand of the mother was suspended. "I also wanted to see what they did when she was at liberty. Within two weeks she had again via the Internet new friend, a child with note sake! ' 

Eventually the case was on June 1 by the court. At the meeting recognized the mother that it was not for her daughter had made as it should. And they responsibility for a baby apparently could not handle. The mother recognized might have a vague suspicion that her husband had abused their child but that she had done nothing.  Questions from the judges why they do not did, followed by long silences, or "I know not ". The woman is said to want a vasectomy.  Esther asked perch imprisonment Eight of 24 months probation, with an extended trial period of three years the intensive probation in which the woman was to accompany. "Legally, I could not enforce, but I liked it that way and have said that a major concern in the relationship between the defendant and the probation was that the woman no longer become pregnant. "That part of The indictment came in a few newspapers as hard requirement. The court vonniste according for aiding manslaughter and intentionally withholding care and assistance her daughter, but the court said nothing about whether or not pregnant of women.  "I swore when I was in the probation report read that they already had a boyfriend, with a child. I have this case closed with the feeling that we might be her go again. It is something to learn. But her character is just so. "

Text: Jeichien E. de Graaff

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: July 09, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »

Wonder if Esther Baars is related to Janet Richardson-Baars?

http://www.24ora.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49784:esther-baars-abogado-general-nobo-na-ministerio-publico&catid=1:local&Itemid=5

Papiamentu translation:

esther baars abogado-general new at ministerio publico

friday, 06 july 2012 16:54

ministerio publico of aruba have one abogado-general new by first of august 2012. nombracion of mr. esther baars owing to wordo recientemente aproba for conseho of minister, after of voordracht of ministerio publico. madam baars is reemplaza mr. taco stein, the abogado-general anterior of aruba.

the is procedente of ministerio publico of rotterdam, where past owing to work because; senior officier kwaliteit, opsporing provided that vervolging (kov) come across. past owing to cubri several funcion y portefeuilles in ministerio publico at the netherlands. also is so cu one fiscal new owing to cuminza work the month here at ministerio publico. mr. iduna streefland-brink owing to huramenta yesterday fast governor of aruba y had today his first caso. the will reemplaza mr. boot stempher, cu owing to go back the netherlands recientemente. madam streefland owing to work because; fiscal at ministerio publico of in haag. the also owing to work in various funcion important in husticia. so past owing to representa (entre otro) ministerio of husticia of the netherlands in caribbean financial action task force on moneylaundering (1998-2004). ministerio publico is informa besides cu the contrato of the fiscal parent actual, mr. peter blanken, owing to wordo alarga cu one year. sir blanken will stay till november 2013 because; fiscal parent of aruba. ministerio publico is calling madam baars y madam streefland y they famianan bonbini at aruba.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=15

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: July 20, 2012, 02:19:54 AM »

::justice2NJ::

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: July 20, 2012, 07:51:09 AM »

::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: July 28, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/events/443369935686306/

One Year and Remembering
Public Event · By Lianne DeLawter

Wednesday, August 1, 2012
7:30pm in EDT

In tribute to Robyn Colson Gardner missing in Aruba since August 2, 2011, friends and family will be honoring Robyn's zest for life in a service "One Year and Remembering" August 1, 2012 7:30 p.m. at the Griffin Art Gallery 437 North Market Street Frederick, MD 21701. Light refreshments will follow. If you are unable to attend or would like to do something in Robyn's memory we are requesting that donations be made "In the legacy of Robyn Colson Gardner" to The Heartly House Inc. P.O. Box 857 Frederick, MD 21705. Heartly House Inc. is committed to the effort of achieving a society free of violence by providing public education,working for the equality and empowerment of all, and developing and maintaining comprehensive services to survivors of family violence, rape, sexual assault and child abuse.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: July 28, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »

http://www.heartlyhouse.org/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: July 29, 2012, 03:48:52 AM »

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?StoryID=138738#.UBTo1WFfFgg

Gardner family breaks silence
A year later, siblings holding tribute to their missing sister

Published on July 29, 2012

By Danielle E. Gaines
News-Post Staff

Photo by Graham Cullen
Danielle Colson-Unglesbee, the sister of Robyn Gardner.

The siblings of Robyn Gardner, the 35-year-old Frederick woman who went missing in Aruba last August, say they have faith that their sister is alive and they are speaking publicly for the first time in a bid to renew coverage of Gardner's disappearance.

"We want to keep the story alive, just in case there's somebody out there who knows some information, anything," said her sister, Danielle Colson-Unglesbee.

Andrew Colson, who signs updates to a Facebook awareness group as Gardner's "little 'big' brother," said they are also speaking now to focus attention on Robyn's personality.

"Although she's disappeared, her legacy lives on. Seeing how many lives she's touched, we want to continue to show off our sister to everyone," Colson said. "She's very fun-loving, outgoing, social and very caring at the same time."

The family shied away from media a year ago when Gardner's case was the subject of stories in newspapers, including tabloids such as the National Enquirer, and on television around the world.

"It has been really devastating. Very hard," Colson-Unglesbee said. "To constantly be contacted by the media, to have people show up on your doorstep, have phone calls all day long.

"I stopped the TV. I did not have TV for nine months, because I couldn't stand seeing stuff," she continued. "I distanced myself from all kinds of media because I was going through the grieving process and I just couldn't do that."

All the attention added to family's grief and growing questions about Gardner's disappearance, they said.

Colson-Unglesbee didn't know her sister had gone on a trip until Aug. 4, two days after Gardner, who often traveled to destinations around the world, vanished.

"It was pretty common of her just to go on vacations somewhere without us knowing. We would usually hear about it after the fact," Colson said.

Such spontaneity is a cornerstone of Gardner's personality, Colson-Unglesbee said.

"She always, on the spur of the moment, going away somewhere. She was well-traveled. She loved traveling," she said.

Gardner's siblings said they were unable to answer many questions about ongoing litigation or investigations but set up two interviews recently to encourage anyone with information about the case to step forward.

"We just need some type of closure on this," Colson-Unglesbee said. "Any type of information, we'll take it."

Both siblings say they also want to go to Aruba.

"I just want to go down there to see what the terrain is like, where the restaurant was, where the hotel was, where Baby Beach was and just try to get a sense of everything," Colson-Unglesbee said. "I have a lot of unanswered questions. I wish that I could go down there to ask people certain specific questions about logistics and stuff like that. That would make me feel a little bit better if I knew."

Colson, 22, said he wants to see if he can connect with his older sister.

"Since Robyn and I are brother and sister, maybe there's some sort of telepathic connection that could lead to any clues to where she is," he said. "I also want to go so I can see and feel some of the places that Robyn was last seen."

Phone calls and an email seeking information about the case to police and prosecutors in Aruba on Friday and Saturday were not immediately returned. People who answered the phones at various government offices said they were not authorized to speak about the case.

For now, the family cherishes the memories of Gardner, particularly those from their last trip as a family.

In May 2011, the family converged on Disney World to celebrate Colson's graduation from Florida Institute of Technology.

On Friday night, the siblings leafed through a bound picture book with snapshots of that last trip.

"You can tell how perky and how happy she is," Colson-Unglesbee said, pointing out one photo.

"She always had a smile on her face," her brother added.

Despite the sadness they feel now, the trip is a bright spot for the family, they said.

"Me and my sister were able to really bond there," Colson-Unglesbee said. "I think we spent two hours at the pool just sitting and chatting about life, and it was just wonderful."

"It's almost like it was meant to be," Colson added.

On Monday, the family will join with Gardner's friends and other relatives at a vigil in Frederick. On Tuesday, they will spend a quiet day together, praying for Gardner's return.

"We believe in the power of prayer," Colson-Unglesbee said.

"I believe she's alive," Colson said. "I still feel her presence, whether it's talking to her friends or random strangers or in my dreams. I can just feel her presence in almost everything I do."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: July 29, 2012, 04:47:42 AM »

I believe in the power of prayer too, and I continue to pray for Robyn's family to have the answers they need, and for Justice for Robyn.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: July 29, 2012, 08:36:47 AM »

I believe in the power of prayer too, and I continue to pray for Robyn's family to have the answers they need, and for Justice for Robyn.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: July 29, 2012, 09:52:52 PM »

http://www.boletinextra.com/famia-di-e-desapareci-robyn-gardner-ta-kibra-silencio/

FAMIA DI E DESAPARECI ROBYN GARDNER TA KIBRA SILENCIO.. NAN TA KERE CU E TA BIBO!

(Papiamentu translation:  family of the desapareci robyn gardner is break silencio.. they're believe cu the is bibo!)

WRITTEN BY BOLETIN ON JULY 29, 2012. POSTED IN LOCAL

Family of Robyn Gardner breaks silence — The siblings of Robyn Gardner, the 35-year-old Frederick woman who went missing in Aruba last August, say they have faith that their sister is alive and they are speaking publicly for the first time in a bid to renew coverage of Gardner’s disappearance.

“We want to keep the story alive, just in case there’s somebody out there who knows some information, anything,” said her sister, Danielle Colson-Unglesbee.

(The body of the article is in English, same article as from the Frederick news posted earlier.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.