March 28, 2024, 01:19:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robyn Gardner #3 12/04/11 -  (Read 400769 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=21766

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: July 30, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/#!false/First-on-4---Robyn-Gardner-s-Sister-Speaks-Out/164225826

(Video)

Jul 30, 2012

First on 4: Robyn Gardner's Sister Speaks Out
It's been nearly a year since Gardner's family got that devastating news--and the world first heard of her traveling companion, Gary Giordano. Now, Gardner's sister is breaking her silence in her first television interview.News4's Darcy Spencer has a story you'll see first on 4.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: July 31, 2012, 01:48:15 AM »

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/siblings-of-robyn-gardner-seek-closure-to-their-sister-s/article_b8049238-3bfa-5013-b0ca-7cd2b4728f9c.html

Siblings of Robyn Gardner seek closure to their sister's disappearance in Aruba
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:00 am | Updated: 12:21 am, Tue Jul 31, 2012.

Almost a year has passed since Robyn Colson-Gardner disappeared in Aruba Aug. 2, 2011, but her siblings remain hopeful that their sister will eventually return home.
 ::snipping2::

The siblings refused to comment on Giordano’s connection to her disappearance and what they believe may have happened to their sister, but they do challenge reports of Gardner snorkeling at the time of her disappearance. Their sister wasn’t a strong swimmer and wouldn’t even be seen in the pool at family parties during summer months.

“Our family has a hard time believing she would go snorkeling at [Baby] Beach at that time of day,” Gardner’s older sister Danielle Colson-Unglesbee said.

Colson, of Elkridge, and Unglesbee, of Hampstead, have avoided talking publicly about the incident at the request of their mother, but are now speaking up about the struggles their family has endured as they search for answers.

Colson remembers trying to stay calm by believing that they would find her unharmed at another location on the island. While the Aruban authorities searched for close to a month, according to Colson, they still did not find out what happened to Gardner.

It’s important to the family that it not remain a cold case.

“I think the case is still ongoing and we’re anxious for the Arubans to finish their investigation so we can finally know what happened to our sister,” Unglesbee said. “We hope that someone who maybe did not want to get involved a year ago will find the strength to come forward to authorities now so that we can have the closure we desperately need.”

While Colson approves of the attention his sister’s case has received around the country, he thinks the only adverse outcome has been the negativity cast upon Aruba and its authorities. Colson and Unglesbee, who did not go to Aruba, said officials were accommodating and empathetic to their mother when she visited the country shortly after Gardner’s disappearance.

“I think they did the best they could given their resources and time,” he said.

The passing of time has been a slight help to the family members as they go through the grieving process, but Colson describes the year gone by as a double-edged sword since they still have no answers.

“I don’t want other families to go through the same thing,” he said. “I just want to get awareness out there and help everybody.”
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: August 01, 2012, 01:27:49 AM »

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/214989/189/Family-Marks-Anniversary-Of-Robyn-Gardners-Disappearance

(Video)

Danielle Colson-Unglesbee of Carroll County, Md., sister of Robyn Gardner, still believes she's alive one year after vanishing in Aruba
9:01 PM, Jul 31, 2012   

CARROLL COUNTY, Md.  (WUSA) -  Thursday will mark the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of 35-year-old Robyn Gardner of Frederick, Md.

She was last seen vacationing in Aruba with Gary Giordano, a Gaithersburg man who was held for months in an Aruban jail, but was released in November 2011 for lack of evidence.

On Tuesday afternoon, Gardner's sister spoke with Andrea McCarren for the first time. Gardner's family is convinced Robyn is still alive. And it wants the FBI and Aruban authorities to continue their investigation.

"My brother and I believe she's still alive and we want to keep hope out there and we're waiting for her when she comes home." said her sister, about Robyn, missing in Aruba since August 2 of last year.

Robyn's sister is haunted by the disappearance, and hopes to travel to Aruba some day and try to make sense of the unthinkable.

For now, the family wants everyone to remember the fun-loving, spontaneous woman behind the smiling photographs.

"She's a wonderful woman and I wish everyone could know her and I'm waiting for her and I love her," said Robyn's sister.

Wednesday evening, Robyn Gardner's family and friends will gather in Frederick to remember her, as they continue to hold out hope for her safe return.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: August 01, 2012, 08:38:40 PM »

http://twitter.com/KarenParksFOX45/statuses/230818042345562112

Karen Parks - FOX45
‏@KarenParksFOX45

About 75 people are here inside an art gallery for what they are calling a "service of hope". Robyn Gardner 35, is from Frederick Md.

5:11 PM - 1 Aug 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »

http://twitter.com/CamThompsonWNEW/statuses/230801642541416448

Cameron Thompson
‏@CamThompsonWNEW

Follow
Friends and family of Robyn Gardner gather in Frederick MD to mark 1 year since her disappearance in Aruba. pic.twitter.com/hnqpwPMI

http://twitter.com/CamThompsonWNEW/status/230815713957388288

Cameron Thompson
‏@CamThompsonWNEW

Follow
Robyn Gardner's mother, Andrea, speaks to people at a vigil in her daughters memory, 1 yr after going missing in Aruba pic.twitter.com/kkTWnSxX

http://twitter.com/tomrousseyABC7/status/230816360643588096

Tom Roussey
‏@tomrousseyABC7

Follow
Robyn Gardner's mother, in blue, just read statement at vigil marking 1 year anniv. 2morow of her disappearance pic.twitter.com/WQlmCWgv

http://twitter.com/ABC7NEWS11/statuses/230819385235869696

Tom Roussey
‏@tomrousseyABC7

Follow
Robyn Gardner's brother speaks at vigil marking 1 year since her disappearance in Aruba pic.twitter.com/LAYlw9fW
Retweeted by ABC7NEWS11

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: August 01, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »

Thank you for all the updates texasmom.  I was surprised it's already been a year since Robyn disappeared.  I fear we may never have the answers. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: August 01, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »

http://twitter.com/CamThompsonWNEW/status/230822144072876032/photo/1

Cameron Thompson
‏@CamThompsonWNEW

Follow
Candles lit at vigil for Robyn Gardner, the Frederick MD woman who went missing in Aruba a year ago. pic.twitter.com/iqnIRTEg

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: August 01, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »

Thank you for all the updates texasmom.  I was surprised it's already been a year since Robyn disappeared.  I fear we may never have the answers. 

You're welcome MuffyBee.  I know it doesn't seem like it has been a year does it?  So sad they haven't found her, her family needs answers desperately. 

Still praying!   an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: August 01, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »

You're welcome MuffyBee.  I know it doesn't seem like it has been a year does it?  So sad they haven't found her, her family needs answers desperately. 

I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for Robyn's family.  Not only has she been missing for a year under suspicious circumstances, she disappeared in Aruba.  Harder to find answers there for sure.  I fear unless someone starts talking we may never know what happened to Robyn.  I'm trying to be more positive about it, and there's always hope, even if it's just a sliver!   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: August 01, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »

I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for Robyn's family.  Not only has she been missing for a year under suspicious circumstances, she disappeared in Aruba.  Harder to find answers there for sure.  I fear unless someone starts talking we may never know what happened to Robyn.  I'm trying to be more positive about it, and there's always hope, even if it's just a sliver!   an angelic monkey

Me either MuffyBee, it's heartbreaking.  And most of the lead officials in the case are gone now.  Maybe the new eyes will see something that was overlooked, a witness that wasn't interviewed...anything that might help give this family closure.  They need to go over it ALL again!  We never heard anything about the electronic devices either that were supposedly sent to Curacao iirc for testing; were any calls made between the last time Robyn was seen and her being reported missing?  Were their phones pinging...can they tell where they may have gone when they left that area?  There's so many things I still wonder about...and I know her family must have so many questions too.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: August 01, 2012, 11:59:18 PM »

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wbff_one-year-anniversary-robyn-gardner-disappearance-14459.shtml

Video

Wednesday, August 1 2012, 10:41 PM EDT

This week marks the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Robyn Gardner and tonight, friends and family gather to remember the Frederick native.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: August 02, 2012, 12:04:26 AM »

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/08/01/robyn-gardners-family-marks-a-year-since-she-disappeared/

Robyn Gardner’s Family Marks A Year Since She Disappeared

August 1, 2012 11:19 PM

FREDERICK, Md. (WJZ) — One year later and no new leads. Maryland native Robyn Gardner vanished in Aruba but her family isn’t giving up hope that she’s alive. Kai Jackson has more on the grim anniversary.

Robyn Gardner’s family has very little information about her disappearance, but the hope that they’ll learn more keeps them going.

Aruban authorities conducted an exhaustive search but her body was never found.

Inside a small art gallery, family and friends gathered to remember Gardner. This is the first time they’ve spoken publicly.

“We’re here to remember her,” said her sister, Daniele Unglesbee.

The family hopes they will know what happened to her.

“If anyone had any information, that would be great. We’ll take it,” she said.

Giordano is the lone suspect in her disapperance but was never charged. He was jailed for four months but was let go for lack of evidence.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: August 02, 2012, 12:16:50 AM »

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/215126/158/Family-Friends-Mark-1-Year-Anniversary-Of-Robyn-Gardner-Disappearance

Video

Alex Unglesbee of Frederick,Md., nephew of Robyn Gardner, recalls how she always looked after him

11:28 PM, Aug 1, 2012

FREDERICK, MD (WUSA) ---Robyn Gardner's friends and family met in a Frederick art gallery Wednesday night to mark the one-year anniversary of her mysterious disappearance while on vacation in Aruba.

Among those who gathered at the Frederick vigil Wednesday was her nephew Alex Unglesbee, a college student for who his aunt often did duty as a baby-sitter.

"I remember she would always take me to McDonalds and Burger King and we always used to have fun together. She would always look after me. She was a good aunt," he said.

Participants argued expressly that Wednesday's service was not a memorial.

"The idea is to have a vigil for someone who is missing with the hopes that she's possibly still alive," said organizer and friend Christina Jones.

"She would have done anything for anyone and therefore we're doing something for her," she told 9News Now.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: August 02, 2012, 01:22:47 AM »

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/215126/158/Family-Friends-Mark-1-Year-Anniversary-Of-Robyn-Gardner-Disappearance

(From the Video)

"God bless you Robyn wherever you are, I will miss and love you forever."
Danielle Colson Unglesbee

Robyn's mother thanked the community of Robyn's friends for their year long support.

"Only one person knows what happened to Robyn, and that's Gary Giordano.  One of these days the answer's going to come out, and it couldn't come soon enough."
Christina Jones

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: August 02, 2012, 01:47:44 AM »

http://youtu.be/lXP6WV7UG6I

Robyn Colson Gardner, Still Missing in Aruba

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lXP6WV7UG6I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/lXP6WV7UG6I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: August 02, 2012, 01:06:54 PM »

http://twitter.com/crimemuseum/statuses/231048625038454784

Crime Museum
‏@crimemuseum

Follow

This day last year, Robyn Gardner went missing in Aruba.
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
8:27 AM - 2 Aug 12 via web · Embed this Tweet

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: August 02, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »

http://www.wtop.com/46/2975115/Gary-Giordano-to-fight-indecent-exposure-charge

Gary Giordano to fight indecent exposure charge

Thursday - 8/2/2012, 9:55am  ET

WASHINGTON - Gary Giordano, the sole suspect in the disappearance in Aruba of Robyn Gardner, will fight a charge of indecent exposure after being arrested with a woman in the back of his sport utility vehicle, his lawyer tells WTOP.

"We don't think a crime was committed," says defense attorney Steven Kupferberg.

"The crime of indecent exposure requires a person willfully and intentionally expose himself to others in public, and that didn't happen," says Kupferberg.

In May 2012 charging documents, Annapolis Police officers said they observed Giordano and Carol Ann Bock of Tennessee naked in the rear compartment of a Cadillac Escalade on the second level of a downtown parking garage.

According to police, passersby complained of seeing sexual activity in the SUV.

"The facts as charged don't present a crime," says Kupferberg, who will defend Giordano Aug. 10 in Anne Arundel County District Court.

Police say Giordano and Bock were trying to hide themselves under a blanket.

"There was no exposure. If anyone saw anything it certainly wasn't willful or intentional," says Kupferberg.

One year ago, Robyn Gardner, 35, of Frederick disappeared while traveling in Aruba with Giordano of Gaithersburg.

On the anniversary of her disappearance, Kupferberg said, "it wouldn't be appropriate for him or me to comment on the tragic death."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: August 02, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?StoryID=138918#.UBqzO_ZmTK0

At vigil, recalling Robyn Gardner
Originally published August 02, 2012

By Cara R. Anthony
News-Post Staff

Photo by Travis Pratt

Andrea Colson, mother of Robyn Gardner, lights a candle at a vigil marking the first anniversary of her daughter’s disappearance Wednesday night at the Griffin Art Gallery in Frederick.

A dismal rain slowly moved out of Frederick County moments before a vigil for Robyn Gardner began Wednesday evening.

Clouds were replaced with a bit of sunlight as family members and friends trickled into the Griffin Art Center in downtown Frederick, where memories were exchanged. Gardner, a 35-year-old Frederick woman, vanished in Aruba one year ago today. The case remains unsolved.

"I would hate to think that for 364 days she has been suffering, so for me, I choose to believe that maybe she has passed and that maybe her spirit lives," said Christina Jones, Gardner's roommate, who helped to coordinate the vigil.

Wednesday's service also served as a fundraiser for Heartly House Inc., a Frederick nonprofit dedicated to providing services to victims of domestic violence.

During the vigil, there was no mention of Gardner's traveling companion, Gary Giordano, the Gaithersburg man who said Gardner did not return to shore after snorkeling at Baby Beach near the southern tip of the island.

On Wednesday evening, Gardner's relatives and friends focused instead on her life.

"We just wanted to do something that was less in-your-face media, but that really brought the community together," Jones said.

But the media showed up anyway, with television cameras filling one side of the gallery. On the other side was the small group of Gardner's family and friends who had gathered to celebrate her life.

Tissue boxes were scattered throughout the gallery, and candles were given to each person in attendance, including Gardner's mother, who spoke about her daughter for the first time since her disappearance last year.

Dressed in blue with her hair pulled back, Gardner's mother, Andrea Colson, emotionally thanked community members for their support.

"It means so much to us, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart," she whispered, tears streaming down her face.

Gardner's friend Lianne DeLawter stood next to Colson as she spoke. DeLawter also helped to coordinate Wednesday's vigil, and she shared her own memories.

"I first met Robyn about 10 years ago when I worked at a nightclub in Frederick, and she had that infectious personality and a wicked sense of humor," DeLawter said during opening remarks.

Gardner's brother, Andrew Colson, said he felt both grief and hope as a small crowd arrived for the vigil. Andrew Colson and his sister Danielle Colson-Unglesbee plan on spending time together today praying for their sister's return.

"I can honestly say that time does not heal, it is what we do with the time that heals," Andrew Colson said.

He went on to share a memory of Gardner that involved her pulling a prank on him when he was about 10. Gardner put a hot pepper on a slice of pizza when he was not looking.

"Before I knew it I took a bigger bite of the jalape?o pepper than I did the pizza and consequently gulped down a glass a milk to extinguish the fire in my mouth," he said.

Those in attendance also learned that Andrew Colson is still taking care of Gardner's two cats, Kobi and Nichi.

"They wait by the door every day for you to come home," he said.

Prayers and songs of hope were mixed in between shared memories of Gardner.

Andrew Colson had also created a video slide show for his sister. One photo showed Gardner during a primary school graduation in 1981; another picture showed her celebrating a new year, wearing a hat and a smile.

"For me, it has not been a year of mourning but a year of remembering. ... I am the luckiest person in the world to have a sister like you," Andrew Colson said.

The slide show ended with a moment of silence for Gardner. Then attendees said a prayer for Gardner as they held candles that symbolized a light for Gardner to follow on her way home.

"God bless you, Robyn, wherever you are. I miss and love you forever," said her sister, Danielle Colson-Unglesbee.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: August 02, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »

http://your4state.com/fulltext?nxd_id=265782

Robyn Gardner's Family and Friends Hold Candlelight Vigil

By: Dawn White
Updated: August 2, 2012

FREDERICK, MD - A group of Robyn Gardner's friends and family held a candlelight vigil on the eve of her disappearance.

The sound of music and the flickering of candles filled the room at the Griffin Arts Center in Frederick.

"We had a one-year remembering service for Robyn, and we just wanted to comfort each other and talk about our good friend robyn," said Lianne DeLauter, Gardner's friend.

Her family called the a service to remember her, not a memorial service. Family and friends also hope the community remembers Gardner by donating in her name to the Heartly House in Frederick.

"I'm extremely emotional. I was in tears in there. Everything touched me. It just brings back all the thoughts and feelings I had last year at this time, so it's very difficult," said Danielle Colson-Unglesbee, Gardner's sister.

Family members and friends cried at the service, as they reflected on Gardner, who they describe as beautiful, outgoing and having a great sense of humor.

"Every day is a constant battle, a constant roller coaster up and some. Some days we have good days when we're able to reflect on Robyn and all the memories that we have, but on other days we tend to grieve a lot because we don't have any definitive answers," said Andrew Colson, Gardner's brother.

Even though there aren't definitive answers, Gardner's family still clings to the thought they'll see her again.

"I still believe she's alive," Colson said. "I still feel her presence. I see her in my dreams. I still feel like she's right next to me. I almost feel like she's trying to communicate and talk to me every day and just in the smallest of ways."

Colson says he has confidence in the Aruban authorities and hangs onto the hope Gardner will come back home soon. He also says her family and friends aren't the only ones looking for her. Gardner's two cats, who he is taking care of, look for her every day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.