April 26, 2024, 07:38:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurricane Irene  (Read 36319 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2011, 08:09:28 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/fema/irene

weatherchannel The Weather Channel
The legacy of #Irene may be flooding. News recap: wxch.nl/n9hwnv | Storm reports: wxch.nl/npbFth
33 minutes ago

femaregion3 FEMA Region 3
Under Emergency Declarations for DE, DC, MD, & VA we're working with federal partners, local officials, & power companies to restore power
47 minutes ago

NHgov NHgov
Find the updated listing of power outages throughout the state at ReadyNH nh.gov/readynh
2 hours ago

VDEM VDEM
5 a.m. update: 639,000 Virginia customers still without power. #hrirene
2 hours ago

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2011, 08:21:09 AM »

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20110829/NEWS01/308290001/Tropical-Storm-Irene-death-toll-rises-least-24-victims-eight-states
Tropical Storm Irene death toll rises to at least 24 victims in eight states
August 29, 2011

(List of deaths by name, incident & state)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2011, 09:08:53 AM »

Thank you for your tireless work on all the posts, MuffyBee.
 an angelic monkey

I was just getting ready to post the same thing!  Thanks Muffy for all your vigiliant updates and Klaas for checking in on the Monkeys.  This place truly is a family!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2011, 09:28:14 AM »

Thank you for your tireless work on all the posts, MuffyBee.
 an angelic monkey

I was just getting ready to post the same thing!  Thanks Muffy for all your vigiliant updates and Klaas for checking in on the Monkeys.  This place truly is a family!

YW Dihannah   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2011, 09:38:06 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/29/nyregion/new-york-expects-lengthy-recovery-of-transit-system.html
New York Subway Running in Time for Morning Commute
August 29, 2011

The New York City subway, whose closure in the lead-up to Tropical Storm Irene was perhaps the most unsettling element of a prodigious storm preparation effort, reopened on a limited schedule on Monday morning.
Nearly all of the subway’s 22 lines, including express and local service, have restored, according to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Web site. Fewer trains will run than in a normal morning rush.

Still, other parts of the region’s mass transit network are likely to remain partially paralyzed for the morning commute, including the suburban commuter rail networks that carry thousands of workers to hospitals, investment houses and corner bodegas alike.
 ::snipping2::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/fema/irene

twc_hurricane Hurricane Central
Per @vprnet : Nearly every major Vermont highway damaged from #Irene's heavy rains. t.co/dTuKQr0
3 minutes ago

PhilaOEM Philadelphia OEM
RT @PhiladelphiaGov: Photos showing the impact of Hurricane Irene in Philadelphia t.co/iFUTWHi
21 minutes ago

twc_hurricane Hurricane Central
From @watershedpost: View of Schoharie Valley in the #Catskills. t.co/YCaeNpa (Photo Credit: Amy Colyer Fogerty) #Irene
25 minutes ago
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:29:30 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110829/NEWS02/110829004/Devastation-widespread-Vermont-after-Irene-blows-through?odyssey=mod|defcon|text|FRONTPAGE
Vermont devastation widespread, 2nd death confirmed after Irene blows through
August 29, 2011

Vermont is reeling this morning from what is becoming the state’s worst natural disaster since the epic flood of 1927. Two people, including a child, have died in the storm, hundreds of roads statewide are closed, and thousands of homes and businesses suffered power outages and serious damage from flooding associated with Tropical Storm Irene.

Parts US 4 in Rutland are completely gone, washed away by flood waters from Tropical Storm Irene. / Photo courtesy of Steve Costello, CVPS

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »

http://www.pressherald.com/news/the-force-of-nature_2011-08-29.html
The force of nature
The storm weakens as it arrives in Maine, yet still knocks out electricity to 190,000.

August 29, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2011, 12:10:57 PM »

Shout out to CBB!!     I hope you and your loved ones are safe and we hear from you soon, when you can check in.    

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »

Trees down everywhere took all wires phone lines with them on my android tab now wont have power for a week living in the rv with three stations bye for now blonde this sucks

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2011, 07:10:01 PM »

Trees down everywhere took all wires phone lines with them on my android tab now wont have power for a week living in the rv with three stations bye for now blonde this sucks

I'm sorry you'll have no power for the next week Blonde.  Please stay safe and we hope to hear from you again soon. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »

http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/17806/Default.aspx
Maine Utilities: Full Power Restoration Could Take Days
August 29, 2011

About 150,000 Maine residents remain without power after yesterday's tropical storm. Crews from Central Maine Power and Bangor Hydro Electric were on the road today, working to fix the outages caused by Irene. Officials say it could be a few more days before all homes are brought back on line.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2011, 08:17:55 PM »

http://www.courant.com/community/farmington/hc-aerial-view-of-connecticut-damage-0829,0,2676757.htmlpage
Aerial View Of Damage Tropical Storm Irene Left In Connecticut

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2011, 08:20:17 PM »

Shout out to CBB!!     I hope you and your loved ones are safe and we hear from you soon, when you can check in.    

I don't think CBB is near the hurricane area.

NUT, SAN and Bearly I think are.  SAN stayed home today but I don't see her online right now so either she is really tired or the power went out.  Bearly is OK, power back on.  Nut did log in this morning but didn't post. 
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »

At DD now so I could get on my laptop going to be 10 days until we get power all the rich people are first then the us this is costing so much in gas for generator and I'm feeling a little crazy right now ..
Walmart lost all of their food their generator did go on this feels like the end of the world no reg gas only $5.00 a gal gas this is BS

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »

Good morning Monkey's,

I am glad to hear everyone made it through the storm. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oamGeD1KyM

Doo-Wop Daddies -- "Who Put the Bomp" Live at Festa Italiana (HD) - July 23, 2011

A fun song for baby boomers.  I realize Irene is a pain in the caboose, I try to make the best of the situation, music and
work Smile 

Blonde, I am sorry you are struggling without power, I am so thankful you are still here.  Brandi and the other Monkey's,
I am so grateful you are here too.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »

Hoping Brandi in VA is okay. an angelic monkey

Thank you for thinking of me, Gypsy!

Just got back.

Lost power Saturday night around 6:30.

There are still ~50% of the customers in our tri-cities area without power. They expect everyone to have power back sometime Saturday. That's a week without power. Sad

We were lucky to have ours finally restored.

Home on our block had an uprooted tree fall on it and literally split the home in two. The elderly couple living in it were lucky to escape.

Trees uprooted, power lines down everywhere. Many gas stations that had power ran out of gas. It's been a mess around here.

We went from being a Jetson household on Saturday to being a Walton household.

The worst part was Saturday night with the winds and not having power, so we could not see what was happening out there. Just heard the winds. Scary.

But we are fine now, and have power!!!

Just working my way through this thread to see how everyone else did. Hope our monkeys fared well.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »

Just got back.

There are still ~50% of the customers in our tri-cities area without power. They expect everyone to have power back sometime Saturday. That's a week without power. Sad

Home on our block had an uprooted tree fall on it and literally split the home in two. The elderly couple living in it were lucky to escape.

Trees uprooted, power lines down everywhere. Many gas stations that had power ran out of gas. It's been a mess around here.

The worst part was Saturday night with the winds and not having power, so we could not see what was happening out there. Just heard the winds. Scary.

Just working my way through this thread to see how everyone else did. Hope our monkeys fared well.

Glad to see everything is ok for you and family!  I couldn't keep track of all the Coastal Monkeys. 

We need a separate thread for Monkeys to post Monkey name and State, so during any natural disaster we can look out for each other!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »

Just got back.

Glad to see everything is ok for you and family!  I couldn't keep track of all the Coastal Monkeys. 

We need a separate thread for Monkeys to post Monkey name and State, so during any natural disaster we can look out for each other!

Thanks, Dihannah!

Glad to see you are fine also.

I had been posting in this thread until we lost power.

I also am anxious to hear from all our monkeys who were in the path of Irene.

I suspect quite a few of us will be without power for about a week.

We were lucky to get it back so soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.