March 29, 2024, 03:50:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 358376 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #400 on: November 14, 2011, 11:04:53 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: November 15, 2011, 01:18:21 PM »

Hearing Date: November 16, 2011
Time: 8:30 a.m.

Trial Date: November 21, 2011

tick......tock......

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: November 15, 2011, 01:38:22 PM »

Ribbit!!!

IF the trial is not postponed ... IF the defamation lawsuit is not dismissed ... IF the defamation lawsuit is not dropped or ... IF an undisclosed settlement is not reached between Phil McGraw and the Kalpoe brothers ... the trial which has been ... almost to the day ... five years in the making will go forward in less than one week.

Janet

FLASHBACK

Wrongful Death, Defamation Lawsuits Filed in Natalee Holloway Case; Dr. Phil Named As Defendant
Published December 15, 2006

Two lawsuits have been filed in the case of a college student who vanished in Aruba nearly two years ago, FOX News has learned.

A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, two of the young men last seen with Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teenager who disappeared in Aruba in May 2005.

The suit of Beth Twitty and Dave Holloway was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court as a related case to a defamation lawsuit the Kalpoe brothers filed Wednesday against pop psychologist and talk show host Dr. Phil, CBS and Paramount, among others.

"All we want is justice for our daughter," Twitty said in a press release issued about the civil case. "There is no doubt in my mind that Deepak and Satish played a role in my daughter's death and should be held accountable. It's unconscionable that they have not been punished so far."

Allegations against the Kalpoes, who are residents of the Caribbean island where the 18-year-old Holloway was traveling on a class trip when she vanished without a trace, say the brothers caused her death by "intentionally, negligently, wantonly ... unlawfully conducting themselves," bringing about injuries that proved fatal.

The Kalpoes' suit against Dr. Phil, whose real name is Phillip C. McGraw, maintains that an interview filmed with the brothers "was manipulated and later broadcast by the 'Dr. Phil' show as being accurate and which portrays Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe 'as engaging in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway and constitutes defamation per se.'"

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236558,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: November 15, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »

tick......tock......

tick tock

Kermit ... the 24 hour countdown to the outcome of this crucial hearing has begun.  I can feel the beating of my almost 65 year old heart.

bounce

Teacher DIL emailed me during her break that she had trouble staying focused on this morning's lessons.

There is a saying and do believe it is applicable ... "God grant me patience but please hurry".

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: November 15, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET TONIGHT!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: November 15, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »

T. J. Ward is on Nancy Grace tonight re Karen Johnson Swift disappearance.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: November 15, 2011, 10:19:05 PM »

Jeff Ashton is on Dr. Phil tomorrow talking about his new book and the Casey Anthony case.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »

Does attorney William Haggerty still represent Phil McGraw?  When did Charles L. Babcock enter the scenario?

Janet

++++++

FLASHBACK

'Dr. Phil' lawyer denies suit charges
Posted 1/30/2007 12:24 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Two brothers who sued the Dr. Phil show for airing a segment about their roles as former suspects in the disappearance of an Alabama teen in Aruba should not be entitled to punitive damages, an attorney for the show said.

Deepak and Satish Kalpoe of Aruba filed the defamation suit in December seeking unspecified damages against talk show host Phillip McGraw, CBS Television Distribution Group and private investigator Jamie Skeeters.

The lawsuit alleges the show altered portions of a secretly recorded conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and Skeeters to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

William Haggerty, an attorney for McGraw and CBS, said in court papers filed Friday in Los Angeles that widespread news reports of the brothers' arrest "mitigate any damages allegedly suffered by them and bars or reduces their right to recover any damages."

Haggerty also denied his clients intentionally misrepresented any fact to the brothers or acted with malicious intent.

<snipped>

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-01-30-dr-phil-lawsuit_x.htm

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: November 15, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »

FLASHBACK

Ex-Holloway Suspects Sue Dr. Phi
lFri., Dec. 15, 2006 12:04 PM PST
by Josh Grossberg

<snipped>

Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, teenage brothers who were once considered prime suspects in the 18-year-old's May 30, 2005, disappearance while vacationing in Aruba, is suing the Dr. Phil show, claiming they were defamed on national TV.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accuses McGraw, along with private investigator Jamie Skeeters and the CBS Television Group, of committing libel and slander, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy by editing and airing an interview between Skeeters and Deepak Kalpoe to suggest the brothers somehow committed a crime.

The show's producer, Paramount Studios, slammed the lawsuit. "We stand by the integrity of the Dr. Phil show, our editing process and the accuracy of the program that we aired. We will vigorously defend against these baseless claims."

<snipped>

The complaint states that Skeeter secretly videotaped an interview with Deepak Kalpoe and then aired the illicit recording on Dr. Phil—after cutting it in such a way as to "create false, incriminating and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

Per court documents, McGraw & Co. specifically implied that the siblings slipped Holloway a date-rape drug, forced her to have nonconsensual sex and then supposedly aided in killing her and hiding the body, allegations which the Kalpoes and Van Der Sloot have denied.

But Paramount disputes the charge. "Deepak Kalpoe’s statements, which aired on the Dr. Phil show, were his own words presented in a manner that the show believed accurately reflected the sum and substance of what he said in a recorded interview with Jamie Skeeters in Aruba."

<snipped>

http://ca.eonline.com/news/Ex-Holloway_Suspects_Sue_Dr_Phil/53983

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: November 15, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »

$800 Million!!!

FLASHBACK

Surinamese brothers sue Dr. Phil for defamation
Daily News Wire
Article Last Updated: 06/13/2008 08:52:49 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES - Two brothers who filed an $800 million defamation suit against Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS over a broadcast concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway are already too tarnished to claim libel, according to attorneys for the defendants.

<snipped>

A lawsuit filed in December 2006 by Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe maintains they were defamed in a Sept. 15, 2005, "Dr. Phil" show, when it was alleged they gave Holloway a date-rape drug and had non- consensual group sex with her. They also contend the episode implied they helped kill Holloway and dispose of her body.

The "Dr. Phil" segment included statements by Deepak Kalpoe that were "significantly manipulated and altered," the suit alleges. In addition to defamation, the Kalpoes' suit alleges invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

But in court papers filed Wednesday, attorneys for CBS, McGraw and Kay Skeeters -- widow of Jeremy Skeeters, a private investigator hired by McGraw to interview Deepak Kalpoe -- maintain the brothers are "libel-proof."

They say the brothers' reputations were irreparably stained by prior published accounts of the Holloway case, meaning they cannot claim to have been damaged by the "Dr. Phil" broadcast.

<snipped>

http://origin.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9575645

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: November 15, 2011, 10:52:18 PM »

Jeff Ashton is on Dr. Phil tomorrow talking about his new book and the Casey Anthony case.

Thanks Magnolia!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: November 15, 2011, 10:54:28 PM »

MARCH, 2011

Beth Holloway dragged into Dr. Phil lawsuit
Published: 3/16 7:25 am
Updated: 3/16 7:41 am

Birmingham, Al  (CBS42)  Beth Holloway will have to do a deposition in a lawsuit against talk show host Dr. Phil according to documents cited by the website TMZ.

It's all part of a suit filed by Deepak and Satish Kalpoe against Dr. Phil and his syndicator, CBS. The defamation suit claims the show "was deceptively clothed as an investigative piece looking into the disappearance of [Natalee]" but was "in reality an abhorrent example of manufactured media sensationalism at its worst."

<snipped>

The lawsuit claims Beth Holloway was privy to information "surrounding the motives and production of the show." 

Lawyers for Dr. Phil and CBS say they only fought the deposition because it would slow down action on their motion to dismiss the lawsuit.  According to TMZ, the judge in the case is proceeding with both the deposition and consideration of the motion to dismiss.

The show in question aired in September 2005 just months after Natalee's disappearance.  The Kalpoe brothers filed their lawsuit in December in Los Angeles Superior Court accusing Phil McGraw, along with private investigator Jamie Skeeters and the CBS Television Group, of committing libel and slander, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy by editing and airing an interview between Skeeters and Deepak Kalpoe to suggest the brothers somehow committed a crime.

At the time the lawsuit was filed, the show's producer, Paramount Studios said "We stand by the integrity of the Dr. Phil show, our editing process and the accuracy of the program that we aired. We will vigorously defend against these baseless claims."

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Beth-Holloway-dragged-into-Dr-Phil-lawsuit/jmg9Nn_al0yExRHHa--mrg.cspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: November 15, 2011, 11:01:04 PM »

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
Aired August 18, 2005

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY:  TWITTY: Well, I mean, we've known from day one that Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are way deeply involved in this crime with Natalee.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/18/lkl.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: November 15, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »

tick......tock......

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

11/16/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference (T/D 11-21-2011)

11/21/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (J/T 35 DAY EST.)

When I see this I wonder if they expect the trial date to be moved beyond January 2012

01/03/2012 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Dismiss (THIRD MOTION TO DISMISS ANDREQUEST FOR TERMINATING SANCTIONS)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

11/16/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference (T/D 11-21-2011)

11/21/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (J/T 35 DAY EST.)

When I see this I wonder if they expect the trial date to be moved beyond January 2012

01/03/2012 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Dismiss (THIRD MOTION TO DISMISS ANDREQUEST FOR TERMINATING SANCTIONS)

Thanks Klaas

I was hoping for an update regarding this morning's hearing.

Considering the trial day has not yet been officially changed ... the January 3/12 hearing date to dismiss is confusing.

What are the sanctions that McGraw's attorneys are requesting to be terminated?

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »

Why were the Kalpoes' attorneys not required to reveal through disclosure who was financially backing this defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw?

The words of McGraw's attorney in March of this year imply that those financial backers have yet to be identified.

Janet

+++++

Fri., Dec. 15, 2006 12:04 PM PST
by Josh Grossberg

<snipped>

But Paramount disputes the charge. "Deepak Kalpoe’s statements, which aired on the Dr. Phil show, were his own words presented in a manner that the show believed accurately reflected the sum and substance of what he said in a recorded interview with Jamie Skeeters in Aruba." ....

In a parting shot in its statement, Paramount says, "We also intend to discover who or what has motivated this lawsuit from the Kalpoe brothers, two of the primary suspects in Natalee’s disappearance and two of the last people seen driving away with her in their car."

<snipped>

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b53983_Ex-Holloway_Suspects_Sue_Dr_Phil.html

Is Dr. Phil Winning or Losing the Natalee Holloway Case Battle?
Mar 16, 2011 – 4:09 PM

<snipped>

Babcock said he expects that the lawsuit against Dr. Phil will ultimately be "thrown out." He also said he suspects there is more to the suit than meets the eye

"I will tell you what is going on here, which is just crystal clear if you know how lawsuits work: This is being funded by somebody other than these two guys. Dr. Phil called for a boycott of Aruba, and this is being supported by the Aruban tourism industry and maybe some hotels, some casinos, maybe the government itself," Babcock alleged. "But these guys are spending millions of dollars [on] this case, so this isn't two young guys perusing a claim. This is guys with larger backing."

The Aruba Tourism Authority told AOL News that it is "not involved financially or otherwise in this lawsuit."

The Chicago law firm representing the Kalpoe brothers did not immediately return calls for comment.

<snipped>

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/16/is-dr-phil-winning-or-losing-the-natalee-holloway-case-battle/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »

tick......tock......

tick tock

tap tap tap tap

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2011, 03:57:07 PM »

The Pudding

My wise grandfather used to say ... "The proof is in the pudding".  I never had a clue what the saying implied and I never asked.  I hated riddles way back then!

However ... in the defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw ... could the "pudding" be Jamie Skeeter's hard drive?  Could the "pudding" be the catalyst that will determine the outcome of this lawsuit once and for all?

Janet

+++++

ACCURATELY REFLECTED THE SUM AND SUBSTANCE

lFri., Dec. 15, 2006 12:04 PM PST
by Josh Grossberg

<snipped>

But Paramount disputes the charge. "Deepak Kalpoe’s statements, which aired on the Dr. Phil show, were his own words presented in a manner that the show believed accurately reflected the sum and substance of what he said in a recorded interview with Jamie Skeeters in Aruba."
<snipped>

http://ca.eonline.com/news/Ex-Holloway_Suspects_Sue_Dr_Phil/53983

MY TAPE, ITS OBVIOUS

'The Abrams Report' for Nov. 23rd
updated 11/23/2005 11:26:34 PM ET

<snipped>

SKEETERS:  ... When I downloaded the DVDs, the program off my laptop to a DVD I sent that to the “Phil” show.  He in turn downloaded my original DVD to VHS‘s for purposes that you television people do.  He had to take a two-hour interview and cut it into about 12 seconds.

Yes, he went into those VCR tapes or VHS tapes, not mine, but into his for—to put it on the show.  Definitely, if anybody looks at that, you‘re going to see where they cut pieces out here and there to put it on.  But my tape, it‘s obvious.  Even after he caught me by surprise when he said we did, I said oh.

<snipped>

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10187338/from/RL.4/

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2011, 04:16:21 PM »

Natalee

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.