April 26, 2024, 04:46:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 359858 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: November 28, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »

An act of rage!!!  A crime of passion!!!  I do not think so.

The Peruvian prosection and the Peruvian panel of judges were aware that Joran van der Sloot lied in his confession regarding the reason he murder Stephany but ... to the delight of Joran's attorney ... the reduced charges were applied and upheld nevertheless.

Janet

+++++

Original Story - Internet

Joran Van Der Sloot Confession: 'The Girl Intruded on My Private Life'
June 8, 2010

<snipped>

Police investigators told Lima's La Republica newspaper that van der Sloot's bombshell confession came late Monday night when he tearfully admitted that he grabbed Stephany Flores Ramirez by the neck when she began reading articles about him on the Internet.

"I did not want to do it. The girl intruded into my private life," he told investigators, according to La Republica . "She had no right."

"I confronted her," he continued. "She was frightened, we argued and she wanted to get away. I grabbed her by the neck and I hit her."

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/joran-van-der-sloot-confession-girl-intruded-private/story?id=10853209

Joran's Lie Revealed

March 28, 2011 11:55 AM
Joran van der Sloot Laptop Lie? Peru police say computer exposes lie in Stephany Flores killing

CBS/AP) LIMA, Peru - A study of Joran van der Sloot's laptop shows he is lying when he says he killed a young Peruvian woman in a fit of rage after she discovered his connection to Natalee Holloway's disappearance while using the computer, a senior Peruvian police official said Friday.

Stephany Flores did not view any such information on the laptop after accompanying Van der Sloot to the Lima hotel room where she was killed on May 30, the technology chief of Peru's police, Col. Oscar Gonzales, told The Associated Press.

"She didn't view anything about Holloway. It's a lie that she tried to ask him about (the case)," Gonzales said.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20047862-504083.html

Changed Story - Printed Pages

In January, Dutch begins trial charged with murder in Peru
The Associated Press | Fecha: 11/25/2011

<snipped>

Jimenez said that Van der Sloot admitted killing Flores, but says he did when entering a state of rage when he realized she had been reading printed pages with information about the Holloway case the Dutch had taken from the Internet and kept in your room.

<snipped>

http://feeds.univision.com/feeds/article/2011-11-25/en-enero-inicia-juicio-a

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: November 28, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »

::snipping2::

Changed Story - Printed Pages

In January, Dutch begins trial charged with murder in Peru
The Associated Press | Fecha: 11/25/2011

<snipped>

Jimenez said that Van der Sloot admitted killing Flores, but says he did when entering a state of rage when he realized she had been reading printed pages with information about the Holloway case the Dutch had taken from the Internet and kept in your room.

<snipped>

http://feeds.univision.com/feeds/article/2011-11-25/en-enero-inicia-juicio-a

Google Translation

Credit: grace-land

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: November 28, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-sues-over-extradition/SptNOlV4qEGqhQJ5XFFYvA.cspx

Van der Sloot sues over extradition
Published: 2:36 pm
Updated: 3:03 pm

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  Joran van der Sloot wants $10 million dollars for what he calls human rights violations when he was extradited from Chile to Peru a year and a half ago.

The lawsuit comes just days after a Peruvian court gave van der Sloot a January 6 trial date on charges he murdered a 21 year old Peruvian student he met at a poker tournament.

The Dutchman has admitted he killed Stephany Flores.  He says it was in a fit of rage after she found material relating to vanished Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway on his laptop. Peruvian investigators say that the Holloway material was accessed the day before Flores died and that the motive was robbery. ::snipping2::

For me, the fact Joran was so aware of the anniversary date of killing Natalee adds buckets of ice to the chilling nature of Stephanie's murder. I know it's old news, but it takes my breath every time I'm reminded of it. He is one sick puupy and dangerous beyond belief. His exit from this earth cannot come too soon, IMO.

I still say the best case scenario is for the Flores family to get to the inmates and offer them money to put Joran to the test. The inmates need to give him one chance to tell what he knows about Natalee's whereabouts, and only if it turns out to be verifiable, tell him he can live.

Either he tells it or he doesn't, but either way, they should play with him then take him out. That's my best case scenario, anyway.
BBM
I totally agree CBB

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: November 28, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »

With video

http://www.ntn24.com/news/videos/experts-say-van-der-sloot-may-only-serve-10-years-peru-murder-7766

Experts say Van der Sloot may only serve 10 years for Peru murder
November 23, 2011

Mario Amoretti, a Peruvian lawyer specializing in criminal law, said the public had expected prosecutors would try for a stiffer sentence against Van der Sloot but had to scale back their plans because of sentencing guidelines for murders in which robbery could be the primary motive.

"In the Van der Sloot case, the Supreme Court has arranged the following - that he be tried and get no more than 30 years for premeditated homicide. And that he not be tried for aggravated robbery resulting in death, which would merit life in prison. Because under our laws, something incredible, says that if I kill someone to rob them the penalty carries minimum of 15 years and a maximum of 35. If I rob someone and as a result of the robbery someone is killed [by accident], the penalty is life imprisonment. It is unbelievable but that is how our legislation is. And, according to the investigation that has been carried out, it concludes that Van der Sloot only did what we call a premeditated homicide. He killed in order to rob," Amoretti said.

If convicted in Peru, Amoretti says the Dutch citizen would be eligible for parole after having served 10 years and could finish out part of his sentence in his native country.

"Imagine that they sentence him to 30 years. According to the penitentiary legislation he could get out with penitentiary benefits in 10 years -- which is a third of his sentence -- for good behavior, sentence reduction for working, for a psychological evaluation that recommends he be processed and set free. And according to our penitentiary legislation there is the possibility that he could be transferred to the Netherlands to finish out his sentence -- even though there is no treaty like there is with Italy and the United States -- the transfer and shipping of prisoners to their home countries is, in this case, in order that there be a sense of reciprocity. Peru will send Van der Sloot to Holland so that if there is a Peruvian sentenced in Holland they might be sent to finish their sentence in Peru," Amoretti added.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: November 28, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »

With video

http://www.ntn24.com/news/videos/experts-say-van-der-sloot-may-only-serve-10-years-peru-murder-7766

Experts say Van der Sloot may only serve 10 years for Peru murder
November 23, 2011

Mario Amoretti, a Peruvian lawyer specializing in criminal law, said the public had expected prosecutors would try for a stiffer sentence against Van der Sloot but had to scale back their plans because of sentencing guidelines for murders in which robbery could be the primary motive.

"In the Van der Sloot case, the Supreme Court has arranged the following - that he be tried and get no more than 30 years for premeditated homicide. And that he not be tried for aggravated robbery resulting in death, which would merit life in prison. Because under our laws, something incredible, says that if I kill someone to rob them the penalty carries minimum of 15 years and a maximum of 35. If I rob someone and as a result of the robbery someone is killed [by accident], the penalty is life imprisonment. It is unbelievable but that is how our legislation is. And, according to the investigation that has been carried out, it concludes that Van der Sloot only did what we call a premeditated homicide. He killed in order to rob," Amoretti said.

If convicted in Peru, Amoretti says the Dutch citizen would be eligible for parole after having served 10 years and could finish out part of his sentence in his native country.

"Imagine that they sentence him to 30 years. According to the penitentiary legislation he could get out with penitentiary benefits in 10 years -- which is a third of his sentence -- for good behavior, sentence reduction for working, for a psychological evaluation that recommends he be processed and set free. And according to our penitentiary legislation there is the possibility that he could be transferred to the Netherlands to finish out his sentence -- even though there is no treaty like there is with Italy and the United States -- the transfer and shipping of prisoners to their home countries is, in this case, in order that there be a sense of reciprocity. Peru will send Van der Sloot to Holland so that if there is a Peruvian sentenced in Holland they might be sent to finish their sentence in Peru," Amoretti added.

Thank you Grace!

When it was realized lesser charges were to be implimented again Joran van der Sloot ... lesser charges which implied a 30 year sentence rather than a life sentence ... a 30 year sentence which in actuality means a 10 year sentence ... my immediate fear was that Joran would be allowed to served at least some of this relatively short time in Holland/Aruba.

Could the lesser charges have been a negotiated outcome arrived at between Aruban/Dutch "powers that be" ... the Peruvian prosecution ... the defence attorney and ... the panel of Peruvian judges ... a negotiated outcome that would appease Joran van der Sloot and in turn assure his silence in regards to those who participated in the happenings encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 and ... silence regarding those within the Aruban/Dutch administrations who prevented justice from prevailing fo Natalee Holloway.

Janet

s.t.

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: November 28, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1340192/noticia-abogado-ricardo-flores-demanda-van-der-sloot-poco-seria

Google translation

Lawyer Ricardo Flores: "Van der Sloot Demand is not serious"
The Dutch national, confessed murderer of the young Stephany Flores, said that there was political interference by the then President Alan Garcia
Sunday November 27, 2011 - 9:42 pm

After learning that one of the arguments of Joran van der Sloot in his lawsuit against the Chilean government before the International Court of Human Rights would be an alleged political interference from the former president, Alan Garcia, the lawyer for the family of the young murdered Stephany Flores has described the correspondence as "not serious".

"It seems very serious and irresponsible talk of political pressure and that a president can express an interest to violate someone's rights so that the person be made ​​available to the Peruvian authorities," he said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: November 28, 2011, 08:46:38 PM »

Guess who's back in the news!   

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/11/joran-van-der-sloot-post-traumatic-stress-woman-paying-legal-fees

Joran Van Der Sloot ‘Suffered Post Traumatic Stress,' Claims Woman Paying His Legal Fees 
Posted on Nov 28, 2011 @ 06:00PM

"Can you imagine international cameras pointing at you and having the press harassing you and your family?" she asked. "He has been beaten up and attacked by rich, middle-age Americans who have slandered him all over the world. There have been multiple civil rights violations made against this poor young man."

"I am not a judge or jury and I am not making any statement of guilt or innocence as I don't have the facts," explained Hamer, but when she heard about van der Sloot's arrest in June 2010 she contacted his lawyer to connect with his client.

PHOTOS: Celebs Involved In Murder

Since then, she claims she has visited him twice in the run-down Castro Castro prison that he currently calls home and is planning another trip in December. In addition, she says that she also calls and sends care packages to the alleged killer.

"I talk with his attorneys and his mom, to pay legal fees for him," she told RadarOnline.com, but will not divulge how much she has splurged on his defense campaign. "I am trying to do charity work to help someone who is suffering."

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Died Young

Far from the cold-blooded killer that he is portrayed as, Hamer describes her ward as "polite and intelligent."

"He is learning, he is trying to improve and is now educating me on things," she explained. "He is realistic, but he studies legal books himself. He has asked his attorney for all sorts of legal books and is studying his own legal case, he’s hopeful.”

PHOTOS: Sexy Stars Who Have Been Arrested

Fluent in Spanish and English, Hamer revealed that Joran has made a lot of friends in the 18 months since he was incarcerated.

"He likes the Peruvian people, he gets along very well at the prison," she said. "They like him, they send him birthday cakes, the guards and the other prisoners. He can speak everyone’s languages."

PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Died In Bizarre Circumstances

"It’s amazing the way he has adapted to life there, he doesn’t have many wants, he lives very simply. I ask what do you need, and he says not much."

One criticism she has of Joran is he still smokes. "I am trying to get him to stop smoking, as a doctor I know what lung cancer looks like."

PHOTOS: Celebrity Mugshots

With a concern that is almost maternal, Mary describes herself as Joran's "civil rights advocate, spiritual guide, and guardian angel.”

"I coach him about philosophy and non violence," she claims. "I tell him if you can walk away from anger then you are the new Ghandi.

PHOTOS: Celebs In The Best, Worst And Wackiest Courtroom Couture

"Joran is changing and evolving. I offered to bet him $10 last time I was there, and he told me he doesn’t gamble anymore. He said ‘I realize how hard addictions can be.’"

During her upcoming trip next month, Hamer will spend five days in Lima and visit van der Sloot every day in prison.

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Have Done Jail Time

In between visits, she lovingly sends care packages of essentials to tide him over. "I mail him Germex, Balance bars, books, pens, toothpaste and peppermint soap, because he loves good hygiene. I try to stay away from candy as I’ve already paid for his dental work," she explained.

Van der Sloot remains under lock and key until January 6, when his trial for Flores' murder will begin.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: November 28, 2011, 08:52:15 PM »

Thank you for the interesting article, grace-land. 

That woman is nuts!!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: November 28, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »

That woman is nuts!!!

YW, Mzzz Bee. And she's missing a few marbles! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #649 on: November 28, 2011, 09:49:31 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/40175-atraco-riba-turista-banda-di-eagle-beach.html

Papiamentu translation:

atraco on tourist near of eagle beach

monday, 28 november 2011 09:45

diadomingo night three across from social owing to atraca one pareha tourist cu is hospedando at paradise beach villas near of eagle beach. the pareha owing to end of leave for of restaurant, canando for they hotel, hour cu diripiente 3 desconoci owing to descend for of one car color blanco, bay on they, less they cartera, saca all they coin y give they the credit cardnan bek, for after bandona the sitio. una times at hotel, the pareha at once owing to beat alarma. police have the caso below ; investigacion now.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: November 28, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »

That woman is nuts!!!

YW, Mzzz Bee. And she's missing a few marbles! 

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: November 28, 2011, 10:17:25 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552?sk=wall

Kimberly D. Brewer Talked to some good "Alabama" folks at Shoney's that went to Aruba recently and they brought up "Natalee" at a business and the people that owned the establishment got very angry and told them to leave...I hope Robyn comes home soon......
11 hours ago · Like ·  1

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: November 28, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »

Joran's defense strategy?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20009115-504083.html
June 29, 2010 8:39 AM
Van der Sloot Will "Paralyze the Process" in Murder Trial, Says Report

Altez previously told The Associated Press that he would appeal the judge's decision to a higher court, and CNN reports that Altez has said van der Sloot's strategy is to "paralyze the process."

Altez told CNN that van der Sloot will use every possible law available to him, and will even reach out to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica once he has exhausted his options in Peru.

And from today's article --

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/11/joran-van-der-sloot-post-traumatic-stress-woman-paying-legal-fees

Joran Van Der Sloot ‘Suffered Post Traumatic Stress,' Claims Woman Paying His Legal Fees 
Posted on Nov 28, 2011

"He is learning, he is trying to improve and is now educating me on things," she explained. "He is realistic, but he studies legal books himself. He has asked his attorney for all sorts of legal books and is studying his own legal case, he’s hopeful.”
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: November 28, 2011, 11:37:29 PM »

Joran's defense strategy?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20009115-504083.html
June 29, 2010 8:39 AM
Van der Sloot Will "Paralyze the Process" in Murder Trial, Says Report

Altez previously told The Associated Press that he would appeal the judge's decision to a higher court, and CNN reports that Altez has said van der Sloot's strategy is to "paralyze the process."

Altez told CNN that van der Sloot will use every possible law available to him, and will even reach out to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica once he has exhausted his options in Peru.

And from today's article --

Posted on Nov 28, 2011

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #654 on: November 29, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »

Guess who's back in the news!   

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 @ 06:00PM

"Can you imagine international cameras pointing at you and having the press harassing you and your family?" she asked. "He has been beaten up and attacked by rich, middle-age Americans who have slandered him all over the world. There have been multiple civil rights violations made against this poor young man."

"I am not a judge or jury and I am not making any statement of guilt or innocence as I don't have the facts," explained Hamer, but when she heard about van der Sloot's arrest in June 2010 she contacted his lawyer to connect with his client.

PHOTOS: Celebs Involved In Murder

Since then, she claims she has visited him twice in the run-down Castro Castro prison that he currently calls home and is planning another trip in December. In addition, she says that she also calls and sends care packages to the alleged killer.

"I talk with his attorneys and his mom, to pay legal fees for him," she told RadarOnline.com, but will not divulge how much she has splurged on his defense campaign. "I am trying to do charity work to help someone who is suffering."

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Died Young

Far from the cold-blooded killer that he is portrayed as, Hamer describes her ward as "polite and intelligent."

PHOTOS: Sexy Stars Who Have Been Arrested

Fluent in Spanish and English, Hamer revealed that Joran has made a lot of friends in the 18 months since he was incarcerated.

"He likes the Peruvian people, he gets along very well at the prison," she said. "They like him, they send him birthday cakes, the guards and the other prisoners. He can speak everyone’s languages."

PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Died In Bizarre Circumstances

"It’s amazing the way he has adapted to life there, he doesn’t have many wants, he lives very simply. I ask what do you need, and he says not much."

One criticism she has of Joran is he still smokes. "I am trying to get him to stop smoking, as a doctor I know what lung cancer looks like."

PHOTOS: Celebrity Mugshots

With a concern that is almost maternal, Mary describes herself as Joran's "civil rights advocate, spiritual guide, and guardian angel.”

"I coach him about philosophy and non violence," she claims. "I tell him if you can walk away from anger then you are the new Ghandi.

PHOTOS: Celebs In The Best, Worst And Wackiest Courtroom Couture

"Joran is changing and evolving. I offered to bet him $10 last time I was there, and he told me he doesn’t gamble anymore. He said ‘I realize how hard addictions can be.’"

During her upcoming trip next month, Hamer will spend five days in Lima and visit van der Sloot every day in prison.

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Have Done Jail Time

In between visits, she lovingly sends care packages of essentials to tide him over. "I mail him Germex, Balance bars, books, pens, toothpaste and peppermint soap, because he loves good hygiene. I try to stay away from candy as I’ve already paid for his dental work," she explained.

Van der Sloot remains under lock and key until January 6, when his trial for Flores' murder will begin.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: November 29, 2011, 02:42:47 AM »

::justice2NJ::

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: November 29, 2011, 04:27:06 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/40175-atraco-riba-turista-banda-di-eagle-beach.html

Papiamentu translation:

atraco on tourist near of eagle beach

monday, 28 november 2011 09:45

diadomingo night three across from social owing to atraca one pareha tourist cu is hospedando at paradise beach villas near of eagle beach. the pareha owing to end of leave for of restaurant, canando for they hotel, hour cu diripiente 3 desconoci owing to descend for of one car color blanco, bay on they, less they cartera, saca all they coin y give they the credit cardnan bek, for after bandona the sitio. una times at hotel, the pareha at once owing to beat alarma. police have the caso below ; investigacion now.

I would just like to point out that The Visibility Team is not the police.

If this incident is brought up again, the islanders will say it never happened because there was no police report.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: November 29, 2011, 03:07:51 PM »

The Goal is Twofold

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 189:
   It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

Page 208-209:  The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.

Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive ...

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: November 29, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »

B.S.!

If Jose Baez was sincere ... Gary Giordano would remain on the Island for the outcome of the hearing.  We are talking about hours.

If the Aruba justice system was about justice for Robyn Gardner ... Gary Giordano's release would have been put ahead 24 hours.

Janet

++++

Aruba Suspect Gary Giordano to Leave Island Before Appeal Is Heard
ORANJESTAD, Aruba Nov. 29, 2011

Gary Giordano, the lone suspect in the disappearance of his travel companion Robyn Gardner, is expected to be released from an Aruban jail this evening and bolt from the island before an appeals court can meet to consider keeping him incarcerated.

Giordano, 50, is scheduled to be released about 8 p.m. this evening. He could be back home in Gaithersburg, Md., Wednesday morning.

The island's prosecutors have appealed his release, but Aruba's three judge appeals panel's weekly meeting isn't set to begin until 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Taco Stein, Aruba's solicitor general, is scrambling to convince the appeals panel to convene sooner than Wednesday morning.

<snipped>

Giordano's lawyer, Jose Baez, told ABC News that his client would be willing to comply with any extradition order if needed at a later date.

"Should they decide to extradite him, Gary's not going to run from anything. Gary's not running from anything. He'll come back voluntarily. It's not going to be anything that I think is going to be a problem," Baez said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gary-giordanos-lawyer-running/story?id=15045376

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: November 29, 2011, 03:10:46 PM »

My prayers go out to the family of Robyn Gardner today.

Could it be the silence of the family since the arrest of Gary Giordano be an indication that there was a false confidence that the wheels of Aruban justice were turning on behalf of Robyn?

Janet

+++++

A Dog and Pony Show

The Release of Joran, Deepak and Satish

Holloway Attorney: 'Extraordinarily Painful'
Tuesday, December 04, 2007

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY ATTORNEY: Well, in their press release and even in conversations. I had a long discussion with him (Hans Mo) Thanksgiving morning after the arrests, and you know, he indicated that they were very confident, this new evidence they had, this incriminating evidence. And it turns out, quite frankly, that it is nothing new ...

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: All right. So you can say with 100 percent certainly there's nothing new, right?

KELLY:  I can say it with 99 percent.  I think it was disappointing to me and actually extraordinarily painful and almost cruel for Beth and Dave after being down there.

They'd like to get some answers and they'd like to see some progress made.  And it's not fair to bring them down there with the false promises, with raised expectations, sort of a dog and pony show down there with no substance.

And it was — it just really took whatever spirit, almost, that Beth and Dave had left, went through that this weekend. It was really — it was terribly painful, for lack of a better expression.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314966,00.html

AVOID ARUBA AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT...IT DOES!!!

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.