April 25, 2024, 04:16:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 359762 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: December 02, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »

<Respectfully snipped by Tamikosmom>

Off I go to figure out what to get Miss Piggy this holiday, the pig who has everything!

A Reminder

A mud bath in the small pond that used to exist at the back of Tamikosmom's property is not an option.

Ribbit.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: December 02, 2011, 06:27:17 PM »

http://noticias.terra.com.pe/nacional/juicio-a-holandes-van-der-sloot-sera-en-febrero-de-2012,8a38eabbd7004310VgnVCM20000099f154d0RCRD.html

Google translation

Trial of Dutch Van der Sloot will be in February 2012
December 2, 2011 • 15:37

The senior prosecutor Miriam Zully Castellares Riveros, confirmed that the case against Joran Andreas Petrus Dutchman Van der Sloot, accused of murdering the young Stephany Flores, will begin on February 6.

This, in merit to the allegation made by his office, the Third Criminal Court for inmates in jail. The trial was held in the Hearing Room of the closed regime prison Lurigancho.

Along with Van der Sloot, was also reported John Williams Aparcana Pisconte, John Oswald and Carlos Alberto Aparcana Euribe Pisconte parapet, as perpetrators of crimes against the administration of justice - against the judicial function - staff cover, against the State.

Also, the Judiciary wrote to the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) for the timely transfer of Van Der Sloot accused (defendant in jail) from the prison where the audience hall of said prison.

Similarly, the other three defendants were notified free to attend the oral act, under penalty of being declared unruly inmates and have their catch in case of absence.

During the trial, representing the Attorney General, to support the charge, will be Senior Deputy Attorney José Santisteban Calderón of the Ninth Criminal Prosecutor's Office.

::snipping2::
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: December 02, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »

Thanks Grace.  You amaze me with your updates ... especially Peruvian updates which give us all a heads up.
Edit to fix boo boo for Janet.  MB
February 6th ... not January 6th?  That is two months past the 18 month trial deadline.  It is my hope that Joran's quest for freedom is not granted by the judge when he is interviewed by the panel of Peruvian judges on December 4th.  I do not want this guy to experience even one hour of freedom for a long long time.

Considering December 4th is a Sunday ... could the decision by the panel of Peruvian judge be known today or tomorrow?

Janet

++++++

THE TRIAL DEADLINE

Stephany's Father

Woman's family wants speedy trial for van der Sloot
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 17, 2011 -- Updated 2200 GMT (0600 HKT

CNN) -- The family of a slain Peruvian woman is urging prosecutors to file their case against murder suspect Joran van der Sloot, warning that he may be released by December unless the case goes ahead.

"We are worried because Peruvian law says that if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months after his arrest, authorities are obligated to set the suspect free," Ricardo Flores, the dead woman's father, told CNN.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/17/peru.van.der.sloot/

Flores' Family Attorney

Joran van der Sloot could be free in 2012
Published on 17 August 2011 - 9:02pm

Dutch citizen Joran van der Sloot has a good chance of being freed from remand in Peru at the end of this year, says the lawyer acting for the family of Stephany Flores.

Mr Van der Sloot is suspected of the murder of Ms Flores, a 21-year-old student who was found dead in his hotel room in Lima over a year ago.

Lawyer Edward Alvarez says Peru’s justice authorities are proceeding too slowly with the case. He complains that as yet no indictment has even been formulated.

Under Peruvian law, suspects can only be held for up to 18 months without a verdict in their case. If he is indeed released at the end of December when this period is up, Mr Van der Sloot will have to remain in Peru until his case comes to trial.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/joran-van-der-sloot-could-be-free-2012

Joran Van der Sloot's Attorney

Original murder charge against van der Sloot will stand
November 22, 2011

<snipped>

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

No date has been set yet on the case.

"The delay is not his fault. We have been acting in good faith. He has been cooperating with the authorities. And they still don't have a translator," said Jimenez.

It will be up to the court to decide whether van der Sloot is freed. Because of the case's complexity, a judge could rule to keep him behind bars. Once Jimenez presents his habeas corpus motion, a panel of judges will meet to interview van der Sloot and make a determination.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

s.t.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:29:45 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: December 02, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »

Dutch updates s/b Peruvian updates
Fixed.  MB
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:30:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: December 02, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »

Thank you MuffyBee.

Janet

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: December 02, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »

Thank you MuffyBee.

Janet

YW Janet 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #726 on: December 03, 2011, 04:11:20 AM »

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: December 03, 2011, 12:19:47 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/12/joran-van-der-sloot-turns-down-2-million-pay-day-sues-chile

Joran Van Der Sloot Turns Down $2 Million Pay Day, Opts To Sue Chilean Government   
Posted on Dec 02, 2011 @ 04:00AM   
By Debbie Emery - Radar Reporter

Confessed killer Joran van der Sloot rejected a multi-million dollar interview offer from the media before making his startling decision to sue the government of Chile for $13 million, alleging his human rights were violated when they extradited him, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

The Dutch man is currently in a Lima, Peru prison awaiting trial for the murder of student Stephany Flores in May 2010, and remains the prime suspect in the killing of an Alabama teen in Aruba exactly five years earlier.

As van der Sloot hopes to cash in with a big pay day, RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal that he recently turned down a whopping $2 million for an interview with a Dutch media outlet.

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Joran Van Der Sloot's Bloody Clothing

"He knew they were going to ask about the Flores family and out of respect for them he turned it down," his self-proclaimed "guardian angel," Mary Hamer, told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

"He has principles, he didn't want to disrespect the family," said the radiologist from Lake City, Florida, who befriended Joran soon after the alleged murder and has been wiring him money.

"Joran was offered $2 million or half the profit for telling his story, but he said 'no,' and then asked me to help pay his legal fees.

PHOTOS: Joran Van Der Sloot In Custody

"Mr. Flores (Stephany's dad) doesn't even know that he turned down such a big offer," Hamer exclusively revealed, adding that she has not spoken to Ricardo Flores directly but did have van der Sloot hand him a letter in court on her behalf earlier this year.

Instead of talking to the press, Joran is hoping that he will get a high-price victory in court to help pay for the legal battle that will begin on January 6 when his trial starts.

::snipping2::

I guess Joran's decided his "guardian angel" doesn't have enough money, so now he's lied to her too.

Imagine that!

Does she really believe that he "respects" the Flores family too much to take 2 million for a Dutch interview that he might have to answer a question or two about them in....BUT his level of respect for them didn't rise to the level of excluding them from the 13 million dollar lawsuit against the Chilean government?

She just looks loonier by the minute.  She's so engulfed in her five minutes of fame that she apparently can't see that she's just one more idiot that Joran (and Anita imo) have USED to keep Joran comfortable in Castro Castro, while his lawyers (paid by her) figure out how to go after some big money.  Even IF by another injustice they were successful in this, who would take care of all that money while Joran rots in prison?  Could it be...mommy dearest? 

If Joran van der Sloot actually got close enough to Ricardo Flores to hand him a letter (from his psycho groupie "angel" Mary) in court, something's very wrong here.  I just don't believe that ever happened.

Face it Mary, Joran is a liar; and nothing in Castro Castro has changed that.  And keep trusting Anita too, Joran learned from the master.

JMO

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »

Right on, Texasmom!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: December 03, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »

I guess Joran's decided his "guardian angel" doesn't have enough money, so now he's lied to her too.

Imagine that!

Does she really believe that he "respects" the Flores family too much to take 2 million for a Dutch interview that he might have to answer a question or two about them in....BUT his level of respect for them didn't rise to the level of excluding them from the 13 million dollar lawsuit against the Chilean government?

She just looks loonier by the minute.  She's so engulfed in her five minutes of fame that she apparently can't see that she's just one more idiot that Joran (and Anita imo) have USED to keep Joran comfortable in Castro Castro, while his lawyers (paid by her) figure out how to go after some big money.  Even IF by another injustice they were successful in this, who would take care of all that money while Joran rots in prison?  Could it be...mommy dearest? 

If Joran van der Sloot actually got close enough to Ricardo Flores to hand him a letter (from his psycho groupie "angel" Mary) in court, something's very wrong here.  I just don't believe that ever happened.

Face it Mary, Joran is a liar; and nothing in Castro Castro has changed that.  And keep trusting Anita too, Joran learned from the master.

JMO
[/quote]

I agree with what you stated texasmom.
Joran is repeating a pattern - PAPA van der Sloot sued the gov't too & won then it was reversed if I remember correctly.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: December 03, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »

A Reminder

A mud bath in the small pond that used to exist at the back of Tamikosmom's property is not an option.

Ribbit.

and we both know that veggie probably regrets that decision

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: December 03, 2011, 02:19:49 PM »

Kermit

The only thing is ... Aruba/Holland is not going to allow the house of cards built around the Natalee Holloway case to collapse.  In other words ... Joran van der Sloot holds the ace and he will have to be silenced one way or another.

Could it be that Joran van der Sloot is realizes that all the money in the world is worthless if he is history when the "powers that be" within the Dutch/Aruban administration get wind that he intends on exposing those who had knowledge and ... those who were participants in the corrupt investigation that denied Natalee Holloway justice as well as aspects encompassing the Aruban underground economy ... the Aruban underground economy that Joran was an underage participant?

Could it be that in an effort to appease the talking time bomb sitting in a Peruvian lockup ... Aruban/Dutch attorneys ... the Peruvian prosecution ... the Peruvian panel of judges and ... Joran's Peruvian attorney ... behind the scenes ... negotiated the reduce charges for the brutal murder of Stephany Flores ... the reduced charges that implied no life sentence ... the reduced charges that implied maybe a 30 year sentence ... a 30 year sentence that in actuality translates into 10 years?

Could it be that when the dust settles somewhere not too far down the road ... Joran will "somehow" be afforded a transfer to the Netherlands/Aruba to complete his relatively short sentence.

Janet

When you look at the history of Aruba's drug, sex trafficking, the mafia infested island, the way the banks operate to wash money..........nothing has every happened, eh? So why would they worry about Joran? All they will do is say he lied. Arlene Ellis-Schipper stated in her deposition that she hs already gotten rid of some of the documents in the Holloway case - can you hear that shredder running day & night.

Like I said, if Joran sat down with cameras with his nemesis Peter de Vries and told the truth of what happened with Natalee and how they got rid of her body - he would change his whole case and maybe even get lenience from Peru judges. That's how it is in America - everyone loves a drug addict who has admitted his faults and wants to start on a new path.

It would be the most shocking thing he has ever done, if he would do it. His thinking is he has to hold on to that truth in order to keep himself safe in his world, but as we both know the truth will set you free. And he could negotiate a deal worth millions of dollars because you know everyone in the world would pay to see that interview and the discovery of Natalee's remains. Then he could easily parley that money into investments and make billions of dollars and hire a dream team of attorney's, pay inmates to protect him etc etc. his circle jerk would become the most sensational thing ever done!

but I doubt Joran would ever see the light, too many people like loony Mary that are willing to enable him - on the other hand it's a genius idea.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: December 03, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »

A Reminder

Ribbit.

and we both know that veggie probably regrets that decision

Not really.  Think about it.  All the commotion resulting from Miss Piggy taking a mud bath while her significant other is hopping from one lily pad to another in a frenzy may have cause the neighbours to talk and ... hubby and my reputable standing that we have strived to uphold would have been toast.

Ribbit.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: December 03, 2011, 02:46:18 PM »

The Writing was on the Wall

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 223:
  I knew from the moment I gave a statement at the Bubali police station and saw that torn document with Joran van der Sloot's name on it that we were against way more that we bargained for.  We never Stood a chance to get justice for Natalee.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: December 03, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »

A COVER UP FROM THE GETGO

Not my Words

A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Pages 187:
After waiting months to find out what my statement actually says, Jug calls on my first day in California. He has finally been able to obtain the translation of my statement from prosecutor Janssen. The one the detective brought to me to sign late that night in the restaurant. And I trusted him, and signed every page.

“listen to this, Beth …” The words he reads echo in my head. I begin to sink, and could slide to the ground out of my chair. “Jug, they changed it. They changed my statement.”

I had carefully given intricate details about the encounter in the van der Sloot front yard the first night we got to the island, including names and physical descriptions. Now Paulus van der Sloot is described only as “the man with the glasses.”

Those are not my words.

Earlier we learned from the prosecutor that the statements from the two uniformed officers who were with us in the van der Sloot front yard that morning didn’t mention the sexual encounters described by Joran between Natalee and him. No mention of his sexual contact with her as she was falling asleep and walking up. No mention of his description of her underwear and genitalia. So the judge never heard about all that.

There‘s no way a police officer could stand there that morning, hear what Joran was saying, and fail to include these details in a statement. No way. In my opinion this information must have been deleted for the officers.

Making up Everyone's Statement?

Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
By Dave Holloway

Page 182:
  The day after our talk with Ms. Flanegan, I had to go to the police staton to turn in the statement that I had given to Dennis Jacobs.  He had given me a copy to go over with my attorney, Vinda.  But, after looking at it, I realized that it was only a page and a half long and had little to do with what we had actually discussed the most, the conversation that I had with Paulus van der Sloot at the prison ...  I had spent a long time with Jacobs, and much of my interview was not in the statement.

When I went back to turn it in and discuss it with him, I was told that Jacobs was in with Jan van der Stratten.

Page 183:  I commented to Jacobs about how short my statement was. He said that I could add anything I wanted to it. Also, I noticed that Eric Soemers' name was on it, but that detective was not even present during the interview. Now I wondered if Jacobs was making up everyone's statement and getting Eric to sign on to them. If that were the case, he could state anything he wanted, and it would look like an official statement made in front of a witness.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: December 03, 2011, 03:09:06 PM »

Was Joran a Participant?

Joran van der Sloot's age implies he should never have been allowed on the premises of the Excelsior Casino.  He should never have been allowed on the premises of Carlos and Charlies'.  He should never have been allowed on the premises of the Radisson Casino.  He should never have been allowed on the premises of the Wyndham Casino.  He should never have been afforded VIP passes.  Yet he was not only given access to these establishments ... given access to unsuspecting young women ... he was allowed to drink alcohol and gamble.

Why did Casino/Club management ... Paulus van der Sloot and ... Aruban authorities turn a blind eye to the illegal activities of underage Joran van der Sloot?  Could it be that Joran was a participant ... a front ... a lure in the furthering of Aruba's underground economy? 

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: December 03, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »

The media silence encompassing Joran van der Sloot's upcoming "interview" with a panel of Peruvian judges is deafening.

Is the timing of this $10,000,000 lawsuit all about distracting media attention away from the happenings going on behind the scenes ... happenings that may afford Joran ... a flight risk ... his freedom from a Peruvian lockup until the start of the trial?

I will continue to be concerned until affirmation is forthcoming that the motion of defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro has been denied.

Tomorrow is the 18 month deadline.  Tap Tap Tap Tap

Janet

+++++

The $10,000,000 Lawsuit

November 30, 2011 6:10 PM
Text Joran van der Sloot sues alleged murder victim's dad, and Peru's ex-president

(CBS/WIAT) - Dutchman Joran van der Sloot names the father of his alleged murder victim Stephany Flores in a $10 million lawsuit, claiming his human rights were violated when he was extradited to Peru from Chile in the May 2010 killing.

<snipped>

According to the Lima daily El Comercio, van der Sloot claims there was pressure from Peru's then-President Alan García Pérez on the Chilean government to extradite. Van der Sloot was arrested in Arica, Chile shortly after Flores was killed.

Several other Peruvian officials are named in the lawsuit, along with the murdered girl's father, Ricardo Flores.

According to WIAT, Van der Sloot has previously raised the same issues of due process and police irregularities, claims that have been dismissed by Peruvian courts. This time he filed his claim with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57334139-504083/joran-van-der-sloot-sues-alleged-murder-victims-dad-and-perus-ex-president/

The Interview

Original murder charge against van der Sloot will stand
November 22, 2011

<snipped>

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

No date has been set yet on the case.

"The delay is not his fault. We have been acting in good faith. He has been cooperating with the authorities. And they still don't have a translator," said Jimenez.

It will be up to the court to decide whether van der Sloot is freed. Because of the case's complexity, a judge could rule to keep him behind bars. Once Jimenez presents his habeas corpus motion, a panel of judges will meet to interview van der Sloot and make a determination.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: December 03, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/november_30__2011

The Morning News (Aruba) November 30, 2011
Page 4

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: December 03, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/november_30__2011

The Morning News (Aruba) November 30, 2011
Page 4

Remember his name.  I predict suicide with his hand in his pocket.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: December 03, 2011, 11:24:01 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.