March 28, 2024, 07:47:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 358278 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 28, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 02:29:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »

Natalee's Candles  an angelic monkey

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=NAH

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Nat's

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »

Thanks for the new thread Muffy  ::boxingjoran::
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »

Thanks for the new thread Muffy  ::boxingjoran::

YW Klaas. ::boxingjoran::  ::boxingjoran::

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »

Thanks TexasMom.  You've linked up some more people, I see. 

I hadn't seen a picture of Paulus the Perv in a while, nor his pug-ugly widow Anita.  He's taken his secrets to his grave, but Anita...she knows.     JMHO

MuffyBee ... I agree.

However ... there are those who are not like minded.

Janet

++++

Wonderful, Wonderful Woman

JOY BEHAR SHOW
Van Der Sloot Admits Extortion
Aired September 7, 2010 - 21:00:00   ET

JOE TACOPINA, FORMER ATTORNEY FOR VAN DER SLOOT:  And remember, Jean, you know this that Joran`s mother Anita, who really is a wonderful, wonderful woman tried in the last year and a half to get him committed.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/04/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=T2

Good Mother

Dutch Crime Reporter Peter De Vries Goes Inside Joran van der Sloot's Explosive Tape
Friday, February 08, 2008

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Both his parents -- were they both present for that?

PETER DE VRIES, DUTCH CRIME REPORTER: : Yes, they were present. Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did Joran's parents say anything to you at that point or even after the show?

DE VRIES: After the show, they apologized for what their son did.  And I think his mother is a good mother. She loves her son, but she doesn't know what he is doing, I think.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329847,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 07:54:10 PM »

It looks like they may try to locate the missing fishing boat with a Remus.

http://www.diario.aw/

October 15, 2011 Diario Front Page

::snipping2::

Papiamentu translation:

buzonan of navy regal owing to busca shanty cu aparatonan sofistica

oranjestad (aan) for of the barco hr. ms. pelikaan, buzonan of navy regal owing to descend in lama big for busca in profundidad for see if will can localiza the boat sahnty cu is perdi cu 2 piscador for of end of week happen. here can see the boat remus is wordo descend cu owing to aparatonan, for her buskeda can take lugar. can read more of this in the edicion here.

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

October 15, 2011 Page 3

In 1999, one of the missing fishermen (Pierre Croes) helped rescue three tourists (I think it says when their catamaran turned over).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-At-Sea-Pierre-Croes-Emiliano-de-Cuba-Help-Us/211465062252107

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 08:16:53 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/dutch-british-forensic-team-launched

Dutch-British forensic team launched
Published on : 16 October 2011 - 7:50am | By Philip Smet    (RNW)

Could this be murder? Was this person wrongly imprisoned? The Independent Forensic Team will look into politically sensitive cases in countries where there’s hardly any scientific investigation into crimes. The Dutch-British team is independent and non-commercial.

The Independent Forensic Team was officially launched a week ago as a nonprofit-making organisation, explains Pim Volkers one of its founders.

“Corruption or human rights abuses - it can be about death in suspicious circumstances or where someone is unjustly imprisoned. We will have done really good work if, after our investigations, it is shown that the person in question hasn’t committed murder or rape.”

Mr Volkers is director of the Verilabs forensic company, which mostly works for the Dutch police and justice departments. One and a half years ago, the firm went to Congo where the well-known activist, Floribert Chebeya, had been found dead under suspicious circumstances.

Experience
A Dutch organisation had requested the help of Verilabs and the Dutch embassy had mediated. “The country has just one clinical pathologist who has little experience in forensic post-mortems. The call went out for an independent team.”

The Congo case led to The Independent Forensic Team being set up.

“If we open the paper, we sometimes read about a situation which has to be investigated. This most often occurs in countries with a less well-developed system of justice – and where there’s absolutely no system of forensic investigation. We feel something should be done about this.”

Disputes
Mr Volkers set the team up together with his colleague, forensic pathologist Frank van de Goot, and British forensic scientist Angela Gallop. Dutch lawyer Geert-Jan Knoops, former London police commissioner John Stevens and Dutch crime reporter Peter R. de Vries are on the board.

Mr De Vries has known Volkers and his team for some time:

“If the cause of death is questionable, one side will often accuse the other of influencing the forensic institute. You can then call upon an independent investigation team that is not involved and has no interest in taking sides, people with a good reputation. Then the chance is that the two sides will give up the dispute. That’s how it should work.”

http://www.independentforensicteam.com/advisory_board/

IFT is supported by a special Advisory Board which ensures that the organization stays close to its founding principles of independence, impartiality, and technical excellence. Members of the Advisory Board include Prof Geert-Jan Knoops, Peter R. de Vries and Lord Stevens:

Peter R. de Vries

For more than a quarter of a century, Peter R. de Vries had been the best-known crime journalist in the Netherlands. Born in 1956, De Vries has established an international reputation investigating (cold case) murders, disappearances, extortion, abductions and violent crimes. In 2013, De Vries’ career as a crime reporter will have spanned 35 years. He has solved innumerable murders, exposed miscarriages of justice, explained disappearances, unraveled major fraud cases and tracked-down fugitive criminals. He has researched the activities of organized crime, but also exposed corruption and abuse of power by judicial authorities. De Vries is author of ten true crime books, including the most definitive account of the kidnapping of beer baron Alfred Heineken.

During the course of his career, Peter R. de Vries has investigated more than 500 murders, both in the Netherlands and internationally, and is widely respected as an expert in the field. In many of these cases, De Vries has cooperated closely with police and detectives, while never compromising his independence. His tactical and analytical insight is especially renowned. De Vries has received several awards for his television work, including the prestigious International Emmy Award (2008) for his coverage of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway on Aruba.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 01:59:57 AM »

::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 10:03:55 AM »

Thank you for posting the lovely picture, TexasMom. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »

YW, MuffyBee   

Just wish we could bring her home where she belongs....   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »

Maybe they're hoping Mary Hamer will feel sorry for them too?

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/everything-has-its-price-dutch-prisoners-peru

Everything has a price for Dutch prisoners in Peru

Published on : 17 October 2011 - 3:28pm | By Carlos Cornejo (Photo: Carlos Cornejo)

Nothing comes free in a Peruvian prison. Everything has its price, from toothpaste to female visitors. Three Dutchmen are being held in a jail in Lima's seaport El Callao. They told RNW correspondent Carlos Cornejo about their daily lives, "You don't know when you will be released."

All drug trafficking suspects arrested at El Callao's international airport end up in this prison. Among them are Dutch citizens Behs Willie, Nico Schaper and Anthonius Arnie Delfstra. They are in the foreigners' pavillion on suspicion of trying to export cocaine from Peru. Willie, the best Spanish speaker, does not want to discuss his crime: "I've been in Colombia, I already know all about this and I'm not afraid."

Money
The oldest of the three, 45-year-old Willie, was sentenced to 6 years and 8 months and will be released in two months. He does not want to return to the Netherlands, preferring to stay in Latin America to be close to his daughter. The girl was born while he was in detention.

Delfstra, aged 32 and the youngest of the trio, spends his days laundering clothes. He said, "Everything here costs money, which I haven't got. So instead I clean other people's clothes." Schaper, also in his forties, has a little more leeway. "At least I can go to the gym, do some training or work for a couple of hours."

The three Dutchmen are amazed at the way things are done in this prison, and the Peruvian legal system is a similar mystery. "What do you mean, legal system? There is no such thing here," says Willie. A question nagging Schaper is why there are such diverse penalties for one and the same crime. He still has to serve another six years, and says "The only thing you know for sure is when you enter this place, you never know when you will be leaving it." Arnie Delfstra adds, "If the social worker doesn't like you, you're in for it. If the psychologist finds you unsympathetic, you won't be released. It's totally arbitrary."

Joran van der Sloot
What they miss most is their families. Every day they imagine how it would be to be reunited with them after all those years. But Peruvian law does not allow that to become reality, because relesed prisoners have to stay in the country and report to the police. Their only hope is for their families to join them in Peru.

Until then, they have to pay for everything: toilet paper, cell hire, women, a TV inside the cell, toothpaste, justice. Even if a prisoner wants to receive a female visitor, they have to pay their fellow prisoners for some privacy. The rate is two dollars, a fortune in prison terms. Curtains are hung around the bunk beds to ward off inquisitive gazes.

Does the presence of the most notorious Dutch prisoner in Peru, Joran van der Sloot, affect them at all? Not really, according to Willie. "He is dangerous enough. He is kept isolated, and we have no contact with him."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 03:47:32 PM »

Tacopino defending Lisa Irwin's parents 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 04:37:41 PM »

Tacopino defending Lisa Irwin's parents 

Criminal defense attorney Joe Tacopina will represent Irwin family
Posted: 9:46 AM
Last Updated: 1 minute ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Monday-afternoon news conference was held by the family of Lisa Irwin to announce the hiring of a New York-based criminal defense attorney in the investigation into the disappearance of the now-11-month-old girl.

Lisa, who will turn 1 year old on Nov. 11, has not been seen since Monday, Oct. 3. Her parents initially said her mother, Deborah Bradley, put her to bed around 10:30 p.m., but NBC News reported Monday they are now saying she put Lisa to bed closer to 6:30 p.m.

<snipped>

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/lisa-irwin-family-to-hold-230-pm-news-conference

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 04:39:03 PM »

Family introduces Joe Tacopina as their new attorney
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 3:14 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1b4XX1GH5

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2643990/aanklacht-van-sloot-weer-teruggestuurd.html

Van der Sloot indictment sent back
Last update: October 17, 2011 9:08 p.m.

AMSTERDAM - The Peruvian court that the case against Joran van der Sloot deal, the charges against him for the second time sent back to justice.

The court was not satisfied with the way it was reformulated. The charge is sent to a higher prosecutor, attorney Edward Alvarez said Monday.

Counsel for the family of the murdered Stephany Flores expects the revised indictment within one week is back in court.

If the court accepts the complaint, the actual process against Van der Sloot planned. "That will be in November," said Alvarez.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »

http://www.leidschdagblad.nl/nieuws/buitenland/article11906721.ece/Exclusief-interview-met-vertaler-die-Joran-van-der-Sloot-bijstond

Exclusive interview with translator Joran stood by
Published on October 17, 11, 14:24 Last updated on October 17, 11, 14:27

LIMA - Joran van der Sloot is suspected of involvement in the death of Stephany Flores in Peru on May 30, 2010 and the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway in Aruba on May 30, 2005. He was arrested June 3, 2010 in Chile and is attached in the Peruvian capital Lima pending the hearing of his trial.

Van der Sloot was in his case before the tribunal of Lima in Peru, partly assisted by the resident Dutchman Maurice Stein acting as translator. Stein witnessed the confession of Joran. Van der Sloot has sued him for false publication of his role as an interpreter.

Stein does tomorrow, Tuesday, October 18, exclusive story in this newspaper.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 05:39:10 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2643990/aanklacht-van-sloot-weer-teruggestuurd.html

Van der Sloot indictment sent back
Last update: October 17, 2011 9:08 p.m.

AMSTERDAM - The Peruvian court that the case against Joran van der Sloot deal, the charges against him for the second time sent back to justice.

The court was not satisfied with the way it was reformulated. The charge is sent to a higher prosecutor, attorney Edward Alvarez said Monday.

Counsel for the family of the murdered Stephany Flores expects the revised indictment within one week is back in court.

If the court accepts the complaint, the actual process against Van der Sloot planned. "That will be in November," said Alvarez.

Thanks Grace

I hope this time the prosecution gets it right.  The deadline looms.

There was a point in time prior to the filing of the orginal charge when the Flores were not going to challenge the prosecutor's case against Joran van der Sloot ... the charge which would have implied a 30 year sentence.

What were the troubling aspects of the prosecutor's orginal case ... so troubling that the Flores had no choice but to risk a delay ... a delay which would compromise the 18 month deadline and ... allow Joran ... a flight risk ... to be set free?

Now the court ... for a second time ... is sending back the case to the prosecution.

I am thankful that another prosecutor is attempting a revision that will satisfy the court.  However ... I am getting a hinky feeling that the prosecution may not be on the side of justice for for Stephany?

Janet

+++++

Prior to the Filing of Charges

Van der Sloot victim's family caught in time dilemma
Published: 9/09 7:28 am
Updated: 9/09 7:46 am

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  The family of murder victim Stephany Flores has another tough decision to make. 

The Flores family wants prosecutors to seek a longer sentence against confessed killer Joran van der Sloot.  He's currently looking at a thirty year sentence if convicted of killing the 21 year old student.

They also want an end to the legal process that began when their daughter was found dead in van der Sloot's Lima, Peru hotel room in May 2010. 

The family's lawyer tells The Associated Press that Stephany Flores' family won't object to the proposed sentence because it doesn't want the trial delayed.  Lawyer Edward Alvarez says that if the Flores family were to raise objections Monday the trial could be delayed until next year.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Natalee-Holloway-movie-debuts-in-Holland-this-week/ZeIfARIObk-8t4_pR2tINg.cspx

Following the Filing of Charges

Peruvian judges to decide on trial date for Van der Sloot
Published on September 12, 2011

<snipped>

Alvarez said there were also some discrepancies with the evidence presented in the case and the official charges of voluntary manslaughter.

"We have said there are inconsistencies in the prosecution's account and its accusations, between the evidence it uses and what it is asking for. These inconsistencies could bring about negative consequences at trial because it could result in a mistrial," Alvarez said.

<snipped>

http://www.ntn24.com/news/news/peruvian-judges-decide-trial-date-van-der-sloot

Peru to beef up Joran van der Sloot charges
Published on 17 September 2011 - 4:38pm

Peru’s Public Prosecutor has been ordered to reconsider the charges is has brought against Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, who is accused of killing Peruvian student Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room on 30 May 2010.

<snipped>

By December, Mr Van der Sloot will have been held on remand for the maximum 18 months allowed under Peruvian law. This could mean he will be released and await the remainder of his trial as a free person. The Public Prosecutor, however, can request an extension of his pre-trial detention.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/peru-beef-joran-van-der-sloot-charges

s.t.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 05:55:41 PM »

Thanks grace-land!   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 06:43:46 PM »

YW, Janet.  In my opinion, the "higher prosecutor" in Peru will get it right. Stephany's family will demand justice!

YW, texasmom.  I was just about to post the information about Peter de Vries last night when I checked and saw your post. lol  Good job!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 07:03:19 PM »

Considering the deadline ... the family of Stephany Flores was not pleased with how long the prosecutor was taking to present the initial case against Joran to the judge and ... then when that case was presented the Flores' attorney stated that it was flawed which implied a delay in a process with a deadline looming.

I believe if Stephany did not have staunch advocates ... Joran would not be facing a trial ... a trial that the Prosecutor Miriam Riveros Castellares appeared to be attempting to prevent from taking place.

Grace ... I am also thankful that the judge is presenting the case to another more experienced prosecutor but ... it makes sense that a new prosecutor has lots of homework to do if all aspects of the case are fully comprehended prior to returning it to the judge before the 18 month deadline lapses.

Janet

+++++

Woman's family wants speedy trial for van der Sloot
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 17, 2011 -- Updated 2200 GMT (0600 HKT

(CNN) -- The family of a slain Peruvian woman is urging prosecutors to file their case against murder suspect Joran van der Sloot, warning that he may be released by December unless the case goes ahead.

"We are worried because Peruvian law says that if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months after his arrest, authorities are obligated to set the suspect free," Ricardo Flores, the dead woman's father, told CNN.

Van der Sloot faces charges in the May 2010 killing of Stephany Flores, who was found dead in his Lima hotel room. Police say van der Sloot took money and bank cards from her wallet and fled to Chile, where he was arrested a few days later.

Investigators delivered their case file to prosecutors in June for a decision on charges. Ricardo Flores said the prosecutor in the case, Miriam Riveros Castellares, is "not moving with the speed that a case of this magnitude merits."

"We're asking that either the prosecutor file charges or that authorities remove her from this case and name somebody else," he said.

There was no immediate response to the family's concerns from the prosecutor's office.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/17/peru.van.der.sloot/

Peruvian judges to decide on trial date for Van der Sloot
Published on September 12, 2011

<snipped>

Alvarez said there were also some discrepancies with the evidence presented in the case and the official charges of voluntary manslaughter.

"We have said there are inconsistencies in the prosecution's account and its accusations, between the evidence it uses and what it is asking for. These inconsistencies could bring about negative consequences at trial because it could result in a mistrial," Alvarez said.

<snipped>

http://www.ntn24.com/news/news/peruvian-judges-decide-trial-date-van-der-sloot

_____

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.