March 29, 2024, 02:15:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 358363 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/28/70-magnitude-earthquake-hits-peru/?test=latestnews

6.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru

Published October 28, 2011

LIMA - A magnitude 6.9 earthquake struck southern Peru on Friday, the USGS said.

The quake hit the southwest coastal city of Ica, shaking buildings in Peru's capital Lima, Reuters reports.

There was no immediate warning of a tsunami.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/28/70-magnitude-earthquake-hits-peru/?test=latestnews#ixzz1c6fAHLDa

I hope Joran was skeeerrrrrd.    Monkey Devil!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »

The Release of Joran Van der Sloot - 90 Days LaterLoving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 182:  September 1 Helen calls to say the court is asking for DNA from the Kalpoes and Joran van der Sloot and that their attorneys are fighting this.  She also says the suspects are pointing the finger at one another. ....

Helen is very positive.  "It looks good that they will remain in custody" she says.  Then just three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.  Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!.  Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information. So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island from the defense side that all three suspects will walk.  Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me that it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.   And we are the last ones to find out.

Pages 184: The opportunity to hide behind Hurricane Katrina is too inviting.  The three suspects will be released while all eyes are turned to the devastation in New Orlean.

Page 185: The last announcement I make on television is never seen.  Hurrican Katrina gives the island the cloak of cover it needs to let the suspects walk free and relieve itself of its media burden. ....

The island authorities originally planned to release the three suspects at two o-clock in the morning on Saturday, September 3.  The Strategic Communications Task Force undoubtedly helped them make a less conspicuous move and release them in the afternoon instead.

Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran's parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there.  It's the U.S. vice-consul.  At the van der Sloots' house.  Why is she here?   She spots me.  Jumps in her car and follows me to a resturant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone.  I don't want to talk to her.  Who can we trust? ...

When Helen calls, I stand in a corner of the hotel room, phone to my ear, tapping my head against the wall over and over.  Tears fall hard.  "I'm done, Helen.  I'm done.  No justice for Natalee in Aruba.  I'm done."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »

THE RELEASE OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT

Original Ruling Reversed

Aruba suspect’s father says son to be released
dated 9/1/2005 8:08:36 PM

<snipped>

The judge in the case issued two rulings: In the first, he agreed with prosecutors' request to extend the period of van der Sloot's pretrial detention by 30 more days.

But later Thursday, the judge issued another ruling that sided with the defense — an order to immediately suspend the execution of his earlier pretrial detention order.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9163292/

Released with Restrictions

Suspects in teen’s disappearance released
updated 9/3/2005 7:30:04 PM ET

SAINT NICOLAAS, Aruba - All three suspects in the disappearance of an Alabama teenager were released from jail Saturday in a setback for the prosecution and the biggest blow yet to Natalee Holloway’s family.

Joran van der Sloot, an 18-year-old Dutchman, and two Surinamese brothers, Satish Kalpoe, 18 and Deepak Kalpoe, 21, were released on condition they remain in Dutch territory and be available to police for questioning.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9188932/

Restrictions Lifted

Aruba court lifts curbs on three suspects in missing teen case
September 27, 2005

“An Aruban court has ruled that three suspects in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway can remain free without conditions.”

“Wednesday's ruling overturned an earlier decision that restricted the suspects' travel and required them to remain available to investigators. The appeals court said there was a "lack of sufficient grounds and serious suspicions" to keep the restrictions on the three men. Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers -- Deepak and Satish Kalpoe -- are suspects in the May 30 disappearance of the Alabama teen. They were released from jail on September 3rd on the condition they remain available for questioning.

<snipped>

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3857796&nav=0RdEeaxB

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2643990/aanklacht-van-sloot-weer-teruggestuurd.html

Van der Sloot indictment sent back
Last update: October 17, 2011 9:08 p.m.

AMSTERDAM - The Peruvian court that the case against Joran van der Sloot deal, the charges against him for the second time sent back to justice.

The court was not satisfied with the way it was reformulated. The charge is sent to a higher prosecutor, attorney Edward Alvarez said Monday.

Counsel for the family of the murdered Stephany Flores expects the revised indictment within one week is back in court.

If the court accepts the complaint, the actual process against Van der Sloot planned. "That will be in November," said Alvarez.

::snipping2::

One week came and went 4 days ago.  The December dealine is looming.

Janet

+++++

JORAN VAN DER SLOOT FREE BY XMAS
August 18, 2011

The prime suspect in the NATALEE HOLLOWAY disappearance, JORAN VAN DER SLOOT may be freed from Peruvian prison by Christmas.

The Dutch thug who remains incarcerated in notorious hellhole Castro Castro prison for the murder of Stephany Flores may be free within months if prosecutors don’t move ahead with their case. And NOW Stephaney’s family fears that is indeed what will happen!

"We are worried because Peruvian law says that if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months after his arrest, authorities are obligated to set the suspect free," Ricardo Flores, Stephany's father, told CNN.

It also appears that there is some political payback for sloth-like due process directed at Ricardo Flores, a prominent Peruvian businessman and former elected official.

Flores' lawyer told El Comercio newspaper that prosecutors have all the evidence they need to convict, but have done nothing.  The attorney, Edward Alavrez, specifically targeted senior prosecutor Miriam Riveros Castellares.

"It's just irresponsible," Alvarez charged. "She's amassed all the files and is not taking into account the time. ... This case seems to matter very little to her."

Ricardo Flores told CNN that if she doesn't do something SOON, someone else should take charge over the heinous murder case.

"We're asking that either the prosecutor file charges or that authorities remove her from this case and name somebody else," he said.

<snipped>

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/joran-van-der-sloot-free-by-xmas

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-release-unlikely/Tr35DhdbC02G4KBWnSL3iA.cspx

The family is pushing hard for faster action by the Peruvian legal system.  The Flores family’s lawyer, Edward Alvarez, has raised the alarm that van der Sloot could be released if not indicted within 18 months. Legal expert Amoretti says that 18 month limit is flexible.

The Peruvian justice authorities have confirmed that Van der Sloot’s remand can indeed be extended as Mr Amoretti says, but stress that there’s as yet no question of that being necessary. The Public Prosecutor is said to have received the file in July and to be dealing with the case.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2011, 11:31:22 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-release-unlikely/Tr35DhdbC02G4KBWnSL3iA.cspx

The family is pushing hard for faster action by the Peruvian legal system.  The Flores family’s lawyer, Edward Alvarez, has raised the alarm that van der Sloot could be released if not indicted within 18 months. Legal expert Amoretti says that 18 month limit is flexible.

The Peruvian justice authorities have confirmed that Van der Sloot’s remand can indeed be extended as Mr Amoretti says, but stress that there’s as yet no question of that being necessary. The Public Prosecutor is said to have received the file in July and to be dealing with the case.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2011, 03:58:59 AM »

Justice for Natalee and Stephany!

::justice2NJ::

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2011, 12:23:56 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2643990/aanklacht-van-sloot-weer-teruggestuurd.html

Van der Sloot indictment sent back
Last update: October 17, 2011 9:08 p.m.

AMSTERDAM - The Peruvian court that the case against Joran van der Sloot deal, the charges against him for the second time sent back to justice.

The court was not satisfied with the way it was reformulated. The charge is sent to a higher prosecutor, attorney Edward Alvarez said Monday.

Counsel for the family of the murdered Stephany Flores expects the revised indictment within one week is back in court.

If the court accepts the complaint, the actual process against Van der Sloot planned. "That will be in November," said Alvarez.

A week has come and gone five days ago.  The deadline is looming.

Janet

+++++

b]Joran van der Sloot unlikely to be freed
Published on 18 August 2011 - 9:57pm[/b]

It is highly unlikely that Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot will be released from remand before he stands trial, says Peruvian legal expert Mario Amoretti.

Van der Sloot is suspected of the murder of Stephany Flores, a 21-year-old student who was found dead in his hotel room in Lima over a year ago. He was arrested in June 2010 and has been in custody since. Under Peruvian law, remand is limited to 18 months.

Delay

The Flores family’s lawyer Edward Alvarez had complained that no indictment against Van der Sloot had yet been formulated. He warned that the delay could lead to the suspect being released to await the start of the trial in freedom in Peru.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/joran-van-der-sloot-unlikely-be-freed

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/28/70-magnitude-earthquake-hits-peru/?test=latestnews

LIMA - A magnitude 6.9 earthquake struck southern Peru on Friday, the USGS said.

The quake hit the southwest coastal city of Ica, shaking buildings in Peru's capital Lima, Reuters reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/28/70-magnitude-earthquake-hits-peru/?test=latestnews#ixzz1c6fAHLDa

If Earthquakes had names, that one would be NatSteph

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2011, 04:53:07 PM »

If Earthquakes had names, that one would be NatSteph

::justice2NJ::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2011, 05:46:11 PM »

Considering Beth Holloway had less than three weeks notice prior to the hearing when Dave Holloway's application to have their daughter declared dead was to be decided on ... why did the judge not grant a delay in proceedings to allow Beth and her attorney a timely opportunity to prepare an opposition?

Considering Beth was the main caregiver of Natalee and Matt following her divorce from Dave ... it makes sense that the judge should have afforded ... at the very least ... an even playing field to both parties in regards to the application to have Natalee declared legally dead.

IMO

Janet

+++++

A Glimmer of Hope

Natalee Holloway could soon be declared dead
Father had asked judge to begin process; mom opposes move
updated 9/23/2011 7:04:36

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama — A judge ruled Friday that Natalee Holloway's father has met the legal presumption of her death and now it's up to someone to prove she did not die six years ago on a high school graduation trip to Aruba.

Jefferson County's probate judge rejected a request by Dave Holloway's ex-wife, Beth Holloway, not to proceed with steps to declare their oldest child dead. The judge's ruling Friday afternoon is the first of two rulings necessary for a declaration of death. The second could come in early 2012.

In a hearing, Dave Holloway became teary eyed and his voice cracked as he asked Probate Judge Alan King to bring legal closure to the case.

Beth Holloway did not attend because she was in California for a speech. Her attorney, Charlie DeBardeleben, said, she was "horrified" by her ex-husband's efforts and she doesn't want her oldest child declared dead.

"There is always a glimmer of hope, especially when there is no hard evidence she is dead," the lawyer said.

The next step is to run legal notices in a newspaper to allow anyone to come forward with evidence that Natalee Holloway is alive at age 24. If no one does, the judge would hold another hearing in about three months, where he could issue a final order of death.

The Holloways divorced in 1993. Natalee Holloway was raised by her mother in Mountain Brook, a wealthy Birmingham suburb, and spent every other weekend with her father, an insurance agent in Meridian, Miss.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44641135/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/natalee-holloway-could-soon-be-declared-dead/

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »

Over six years later ... three current major happenings that have a Natalee Holloway connection imply if Aruba thought that in time the established coverup to prevent justice from prevailing would become a faded memory ... they were wrong big time.

1.  The Stephany Flores Case.
2.  The Defamation Lawsuit
3.  Dave Holloway's Petition.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2011, 01:23:34 AM »

http://treasureworks.com/user/userprofile/Oceanexploration

http://treasureworks.com/forums/6-new-member-intro/4351-hello-all

Oceanexploration

Treasure Hobbyist

Re: Hello all 4 Days, 15 Hours ago   Karma: 0

Hello all,

I too am new here. Looks like a good group. My name's Kyle Kingman. I am a sr. geophysicist and ocean explorer. After 6+ yrs as a private contractor, I joined Aqua Survey Inc. to help develop their geophysical survey methods and equipment. We now have some of the most sensitive all-metal detection equipment in the world (land or sea), as well as traditional cesium mags (G882s), high end side scan sonars, subbottom profilers, and multibeam. Most of our projects lately have been governmental UXO related, but the gear works just as well for finding shiny things. In addition to our underwater high power EM61 (time domain pulse induction electromagnetic detection) systems, we have underwater positioning systems which puts the diver in control. The diver has an underwater monitor which is supplied with military grade USBL (ultra short base line) acoustic positioning information as well as target location, so the diver sees where they are and where the target is in real time, regardless of depth. With this, we achieve sub-meter target reacquisition accuracy. When our EM data is combined with Mag data, we have full control over ferrous/non-ferrous discrimination making clutter rejection fairly straightforward. For target reacquisition we also have an EM-tipped water dredge which turns your traditional water dredge or air lift into a powerful metal detector / digging tool. This data is both diver displayed and sent topside. This is one of my favorite tools because it allows us to quickly and carefully dig the target while telling you precisely where it is at all times. For bombs this is great for obvious reasons. For bullion...this is pure fun.
I look forward to getting to you know all and I trust some of us have already crossed paths!

All the best,

Kyle Kingman

http://treasureworks.com/forums/49-marine-archaeology/4363-treasure-hunters-discover-two-of-sir-francis-drakes-ships#4372

Re: Treasure hunters discover two of Sir Francis Drake’s ships 4 Days, 16 Hours ago   Karma: 0

Brilliant find and way to go Pat and team! This one is especially close to my heart, as I am decended from Sir Francis Drake's niece, Joanna Drake. Thanks for sharing Tom.

Re: Treasure hunters discover two of Sir Francis Drake’s ships 4 Days, 15 Hours ago   Karma: 0

Yes, that would be Thomas Drake, son of Sir Edmund Drake. Thomas was Sir Francis's brother, who married Marry Parker giving birth to Joanna Drake (1596), who married Henry Kingman in 1616, a puritan pilgrim settling in mass bay colony with Joanna in 1634.
I think it would be incredible if they found his casket! I would go to Panama immediately for that one. Think I'll stay tuned!

Re: Treasure hunters discover two of Sir Francis Drake’s ships 4 Days, 14 Hours ago   Karma: 0

I think that's a bit of a stretch, but I like how you think. That would be my 12th great uncle? I have a good friend / treasure hunter down in Panama now. I'll ask him to keep me posted.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2011, 01:38:35 AM »

Hmmm... OE = Treasure Hobbyist... life must be good.    What about Natalee? 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2011, 01:44:44 AM »

http://vimeo.com/28340916

http://beerbloggle.blogspot.com/2011/10/sierra-nevada-summerfest.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2011, 01:51:50 AM »

Exactly.   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2011, 02:03:53 AM »

Peter de Vries has a new program. 

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/dutch-press-review-thursday-27-october-2011
Dutch Press Review Thursday 27 October 2011
Published on : 27 October 2011 - 10:05am | By Nicola Chadwick (Photo: RNW)

Inside job foiled by TV crime reporter

A Rabobank manager, who was arrested earlier this month for dealing in weapons, was planning to rob the bank from within. AD reports that TV crime reporter Peter R. de Vries will reveal the dastardly plan in his programme on Saturday.

Police arrested 25-year-old Koen B. following a tip from the crime reporter. Ten firearms were found in his car at the time of his arrest. Later a stash of weapons was found in a store room under a station in Rotterdam. The weapons were bought from former arms factory workers in Belgium. The suspect sold weapons to an undercover buyer ‘John’. He also told him he was planning to steal 10 million euros worth of valuables from private safes at the bank.

The bank manager appears to have lived a double life and does not seem to be very pleased with the unwelcome publicity. His lawyer tried to take out an injunction against the broadcast of Saturday’s programme. I dare say he was worried about his reputation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2011, 02:17:47 AM »

http://thehypemagazine.blogspot.com/2010/04/lifestyles-i-faux-with-karma.html

Karma is about your actions, non-action, responsibility, accountability and consequence.
Karma literally means ‘action'. It is an action that has no charge. It is neither a good, nor bad -- it just simply IS. Think about this ‘No action is AN action' ...everything has a consequence, and consequences are at the heart of Karma.

What karma is truly about is accountability, responsibility, and consequences.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2011, 02:28:04 AM »

Texasmom

Do you remember when Peter de Vries is retiring?  The progam that a posted above must be his old program?  He plans to do a talk show, right?  I think that I'm  and tired; it's late!  Good night.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.