April 15, 2024, 10:19:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 359272 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #620 on: November 27, 2011, 03:36:59 PM »

cecilita and grace-land

Thank you
muchas gracias
for all you do
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: November 27, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-sues-over-extradition/SptNOlV4qEGqhQJ5XFFYvA.cspx

Van der Sloot sues over extradition
Published: 2:36 pm
Updated: 3:03 pm

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  Joran van der Sloot wants $10 million dollars for what he calls human rights violations when he was extradited from Chile to Peru a year and a half ago.

The lawsuit comes just days after a Peruvian court gave van der Sloot a January 6 trial date on charges he murdered a 21 year old Peruvian student he met at a poker tournament.

The Dutchman has admitted he killed Stephany Flores.  He says it was in a fit of rage after she found material relating to vanished Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway on his laptop. Peruvian investigators say that the Holloway material was accessed the day before Flores died and that the motive was robbery.

::snipping2::
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: November 27, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »

In September ... the family's attorney had concerns about the prosecution's case ... concerns that went beyond the disputed charges ... concerns that aspects of prosecution's case could be a catalyst to a mistrial.

Janet

++++++

Prosecution Charges

Peru to beef up Joran van der Sloot charges
Published on 17 September 2011 - 3:38pm

At the first public hearing, on 12 September 2011, Mr Van der Sloot was charged with murder and robbery. The Public Prosecutor called for a 30-year jail sentence and damages of 50,000 euros.

The lawyer for the victim’s family said the charges should not be “murder followed by robbery” but “robbery followed by murder”, which carries a life sentence. He also rejected the 50,000 euro compensation as insufficient.

The judge hearing the case has instructed the Public Prosecutor to reformulate the charges, which will delay the trial.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/peru-beef-joran-van-der-sloot-charges

Mistrial?

Hearing for Van der Sloot held in Peru
12:01 PM, Sep 12, 2011

<snipped>

Alvarez said there were also some discrepancies with the evidence presented in the case and the official charges of voluntary manslaughter.

"We have said there are inconsistencies in the prosecution's account and its accusations, between the evidence it uses and what it is asking for.  These inconsistencies could bring about negative consequences at trial because it could result in a mistrial," Alvarez said.

<snipped>

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/172815/288/Hearing-for-Van-der-Sloot-held-in-Peru

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: November 27, 2011, 05:30:36 PM »

It appears that the Peruvian prosecution, defence and "panel of judges" were one in regards to the lesser charges against Joran van der Sloot which could possibly imply a 10 years sentence rather than a life in a Peruvian lockup for the brutal murder of Stephany Flores.

Could it be that the same panel of judges will rule on the December 4th motion presented by Joran's attorney in regards to a month's freedom for Joran?

I hope not.

Janet

+++++++

Big Win! 

Date set for van der Sloot murder trial
Published: 11/25 9:44 am
Updated: 11/26 8:25 am

<snipped>

In September, the victim's family asked a three-judge panel for a more stringent charge akin to aggravated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, but the panel of judges ruled on the prosecution's side.

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro told CNN'S In Session this was a big win for his client. If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Date-set-for-van-der-Sloot-murder-trial/J1Yl6nagmkmRXf0qcfRMXA.cspx

The December 4th Deadline

Original murder charge against van der Sloot will stand
November 22, 2011

<snipped>

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

No date has been set yet on the case.

"The delay is not his fault. We have been acting in good faith. He has been cooperating with the authorities. And they still don't have a translator," said Jimenez.

It will be up to the court to decide whether van der Sloot is freed. Because of the case's complexity, a judge could rule to keep him behind bars. Once Jimenez presents his habeas corpus motion, a panel of judges will meet to interview van der Sloot and make a determination.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

s.t.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #624 on: November 27, 2011, 06:46:10 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: November 27, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »

Ricardo Flores

November 10, 2010

Google Translation

FLORES FAMILY SAY JORAN LIVES LIKE KING

Stepahany Flores was murdered on 30 May in a hotel room, which hosts the Dutch Joran Van derSloot. Who is the prime suspect in the death of the young.

Everything indicates that the murderer would derSloot Van Stephany, because a video shows that he was the last to see her alive and enter the room where he was brutally murdered.

However, the family of the victim shows his great reproach to the Peruvian justice system, noting that Joran lives "like a king in jail."

"It is shameful what happens in prisons. I think the INPE has to give the same treatment to all criminals," said Ricardo Flores outraged father of the girl killed.

He added that it's been six months since the detention of the Dutch and "until this day refuses to give his statement to the judge," he said to a local television station in Lima.

"Unfortunately it seems that there are laws in Congress to protect the criminal, not to try and sentence them." Flores said indignantly.

http://www.generaccion.com/noticia/83737/familia-flores-aseguran-que-joran-van-der-sloot-vive-como-rey

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8719.msg1259600;topicseen#msg1259600

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: November 27, 2011, 07:23:43 PM »

Ricardo Flores

Woman's family wants speedy trial for van der Sloot
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 17, 2011 -- Updated 2200 GMT (0600 HKT

CNN) -- The family of a slain Peruvian woman is urging prosecutors to file their case against murder suspect Joran van der Sloot, warning that he may be released by December unless the case goes ahead.

"We are worried because Peruvian law says that if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months after his arrest, authorities are obligated to set the suspect free," Ricardo Flores, the dead woman's father, told CNN.

<snipped>

Investigators delivered their case file to prosecutors in June for a decision on charges. Ricardo Flores said the prosecutor in the case, Miriam Riveros Castellares, is "not moving with the speed that a case of this magnitude merits."

"We're asking that either the prosecutor file charges or that authorities remove her from this case and name somebody else," he said.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/17/peru.van.der.sloot/

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: November 27, 2011, 08:06:39 PM »

http://feeds.univision.com/feeds/article/2011-11-27/holandes-acusado-de-asesinato-en

Google translation

Dutch accused of murder in Peru sues Chile in IACHR
AFP | Date: 11/27/2011

The Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, the suspect accused of the murder of Peruvian Stephany Ramirez Flores in 2010, filed with the Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) suit against the Chilean government for alleged irregularities in his extradition to Peru.

Van der Sloot says in a note released Sunday by the Sunday program The Panamericana Television, which was "deprived of his right to defense and police investigations of Chile did not allow a call to his family, gave no guarantees of due process and legal counsel. "

In the lawsuit, currently being tested in the Commission, also includes former Peruvian President Alan Garcia and former Interior Minister Octavio Salazar.

The Dutchman asks $ 10 million in damages.

Says that he was extradited to Peru because "there was pressure from then President (Alan) García Pérez to the Chilean government to obtain his extradition."

The announcement of the lawsuit comes to 48 hours of the Judiciary scheduled for January 6, 2012 the beginning of the process for the murder of Dutch Stephany Flores Ramirez.

"Van der Sloot will be processed as an alleged perpetrator of the crimes of homicide and theft perpetrated against simple Stephany Ramirez Flores, 21, who allegedly murdered in a hotel in 2010," said the note on the Judiciary.

After the death of the young flowers, the Dutch fled to Chile. There he was arrested and deported to Peru, where he told police he had been the perpetrator.

The Specialized Penal Prosecution has requested for Van der Sloot 30 years in prison and payment of civil damages of 200,000 soles ($ 74,000).

::snipping2::
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: November 27, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »

Who is pay Joran van der Sloot's attorney fees?

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

The grisly discovery in the Lima hotel room set off a search for van der Sloot that culminated in his arrest in neighboring Chile and his return to Peru.

According to the Lima daily El Commercuo "there was pressure from the then President of the Republic Alan García Pérez" to the Chilean government to extradite the Dutchman, who was arrested in Arica shortly after the murder."

Also named in the lawsuit are former interior minister, Octavio Salazar former Police General Cesar Guardia and Miguel Hidalgo , and the murdered girl's father, Ricardo Flores.

Van der Sloot has previously raised the same issues of due process and police irregularities....claims that have been dismissed by Peruvian courts.

<snipped> 

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-sues-over-extradition/SptNOlV4qEGqhQJ5XFFYvA.cspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: November 27, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »

Dutch murder suspect raps Chile over extradition
(AFP) – 1 hour ago

LIMA — Dutch national Joran Van der Sloot -- set to go on trial next year for the murder of a young Peruvian woman -- has demanded Chile pay him $10 million for violating his rights by extraditing him to Peru.

Van der Sloot -- who also remains the lead suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, a US tourist who was 18 when she went missing in Aruba in 2005 -- has filed his claim with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.

His complaint, made public Sunday on the Panamerica Television channel, alleges that he was "deprived of his right to counsel" and was forbidden by Chilean police to call his family.

The complaint, currently under review by the commission, also names former Peruvian president Alan Garcia and former interior minister Octavio Salazar, claiming that the pair pressured Chile to agree to the extradition.

The trial of Van der Sloot for the murder last year of 21-year-old Stephany Flores is due to begin in a Peruvian court on January 6.

<snipped>

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gdkjUbzVTWKWqF17GcqMPAhMCkgw?docId=CNG.267ee7c6df139dfd8639153103085a00.151

_____

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: November 27, 2011, 11:46:35 PM »

Jorans reaction when shown his bloody shirt he used to finish off murdering Stephany.

Joran almost vomits after being shown his bloody shirt in his confession

Perhaps the JUDGE in PERU will show Joran poor little Stephany's body after he finished beating her.

's

My take away from that video was that Joran mostly told the truth about what he did and it sure didn't seem like this was new for Joran nor his first experience at it.  This felt much like it would have been when he sat across the desk from van der Staaten and told him what all he'd done to Natalee before calling Pops.  He mostly told the truth, even down to imitating the sound of her last breaths. 

Joran did tell Aruba the truth.  Aruba hid it.  This video only reinforced that for me.

JMO and only MO.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: November 28, 2011, 12:58:12 AM »

I agree Lifesong.  But as with Stephany, he didn't tell the whole story; Natalee's body proved that, and that's why she was never returned to her family for a proper burial.  jmo

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: November 28, 2011, 01:34:28 AM »

::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: November 28, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »

::justice2NJ::

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: November 28, 2011, 02:40:34 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #635 on: November 28, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  Joran van der Sloot wants $10 million dollars for what he calls human rights violations when he was extradited from Chile to Peru a year and a half ago.

The lawsuit comes just days after a Peruvian court gave van der Sloot a January 6 trial date on charges he murdered a 21 year old Peruvian student he met at a poker tournament.

The Dutchman has admitted he killed Stephany Flores.  He says it was in a fit of rage after she found material relating to vanished Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway on his laptop. Peruvian investigators say that the Holloway material was accessed the day before Flores died and that the motive was robbery. ::snipping2::

For me, the fact Joran was so aware of the anniversary date of killing Natalee adds buckets of ice to the chilling nature of Stephanie's murder. I know it's old news, but it takes my breath every time I'm reminded of it. He is one sick puupy and dangerous beyond belief. His exit from this earth cannot come too soon, IMO.

I still say the best case scenario is for the Flores family to get to the inmates and offer them money to put Joran to the test. The inmates need to give him one chance to tell what he knows about Natalee's whereabouts, and only if it turns out to be verifiable, tell him he can live.

Either he tells it or he doesn't, but either way, they should play with him then take him out. That's my best case scenario, anyway.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: November 28, 2011, 01:21:23 PM »

Natalee Holloway's father wishes daughter were alive, but awaits court to declare her dead
Published: Monday, November 28, 2011, 7:00 AM
Updated: Monday, November 28, 2011, 8:00 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- The five months since Natalee Holloway's father asked a Jefferson County judge to officially declare her dead have gone like the excruciating 78 months that preceded it: with no proof of his missing daughter's fate.

Lawyers for Dave Holloway don't expect to get the answer their client really wants -- evidence that the then-18-year-old who disappeared on a class trip to Aruba in 2005 is really alive.

Instead, they expect to convene in Probate Judge Alan King's courtroom on Jan. 12, and for the judge to quickly sign an order of legal presumption that she is dead, said Karen Hennecy and Mark White, Dave Holloway's lawyers.

<snipped>

Beth Holloway, Natalee's mother, has not officially responded to her ex-husband's petition.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/11/natalee_holloways_father_wants.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »

For me, the fact Joran was so aware of the anniversary date of killing Natalee adds buckets of ice to the chilling nature of Stephanie's murder. I know it's old news, but it takes my breath every time I'm reminded of it. He is one sick puupy and dangerous beyond belief. His exit from this earth cannot come too soon, IMO.

I still say the best case scenario is for the Flores family to get to the inmates and offer them money to put Joran to the test. The inmates need to give him one chance to tell what he knows about Natalee's whereabouts, and only if it turns out to be verifiable, tell him he can live.

Either he tells it or he doesn't, but either way, they should play with him then take him out. That's my best case scenario, anyway.

CBB

I agree.  The date of Stephany's brutal murder at the hands of Joran van der Sloot is significant.  It implies implies premeditation but the Peruvian prosecution and a panel of Peruvian judges determined otherwise.  Why?

The thought that Joran van der Sloot could gain his freedom within a ten year period makes me so angry.

Janet

+++++++

Date set for van der Sloot murder trial
Published: 11/25 9:44 am
Updated: 11/26 8:25 am

<snipped>

In September, the victim's family asked a three-judge panel for a more stringent charge akin to aggravated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, but the panel of judges ruled on the prosecution's side.

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro told CNN'S In Session this was a big win for his client. If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Date-set-for-van-der-Sloot-murder-trial/J1Yl6nagmkmRXf0qcfRMXA.cspx

_____

crazybabyborg
« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »

Janet, there is absolutely no doubt; none, nada, that Joran was determined to commemorate that anniversary with the blood of another young girl. The day before he murdered Stephanie, he was reviewing his breakthrough into infamy via Natalee. He knew the date and exactly when the milestone of the 5th year would occur. He was a predetor on the hunt with a ticking clock. Poor Stephanie had no idea when she looked into his eyes, he was looking back as if through the site of a gun. He was going to get his kill.

Stephanie's murder was an act of premeditation and obsession, committed by a sociopath that was allowed to roam free collectively by an island government. Natalee's blood spills from that island and Joran's hands. I wish they could dig a grave deep enough for him on Aruba to sink the island in on top of him.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: November 28, 2011, 03:06:10 PM »

Janet, there is absolutely no doubt; none, nada, that Joran was determined to commemorate that anniversary with the blood of another young girl. The day before he murdered Stephanie, he was reviewing his breakthrough into infamy via Natalee. He knew the date and exactly when the milestone of the 5th year would occur. He was a predetor on the hunt with a ticking clock. Poor Stephanie had no idea when she looked into his eyes, he was looking back as if through the site of a gun. He was going to get his kill.

Stephanie's murder was an act of premeditation and obsession, committed by a sociopath that was allowed to roam free collectively by an island government. Natalee's blood spills from that island and Joran's hands. I wish they could dig a grave deep enough for him on Aruba to sink the island in on top of him.

CBB

Your post is a keeper!

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.