April 19, 2024, 01:46:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 359525 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #660 on: November 29, 2011, 03:22:26 PM »

Opened up my browser to Yahoo and this was staring me in the face:

::snipping2::
Joran van der Sloot, the man still suspected of murdering disappeared American student Natalee Holloway in Aruba, has filed a lawsuit against authorities with the Chilean and Peruvian government as well as Richard Flores, the father of a second murder victim whom van der Sloot is suspected of slaying. Van der Sloot's suit, which seeks $10 million in damages, alleges that the defendants violated his human rights as he was investigated for the murder of Stephany Flores.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/murder-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-files-lawsuit-145113958.html

Geez......... I'm surprised he left out Beth in his suit.  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:36:07 PM by CBB » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: November 29, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »

Joran van der Sloot, the man still suspected of murdering disappeared American student Natalee Holloway in Aruba, has filed a lawsuit against authorities with the Chilean and Peruvian government as well as Richard Flores, the father of a second murder victim whom van der Sloot is suspected of slaying. Van der Sloot's suit, which seeks $10 million in damages, alleges that the defendants violated his human rights as he was investigated for the murder of Stephany Flores.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/murder-suspect-joran-van-der-sloot-files-lawsuit-145113958.html

CBB

Could it be that Beth Holloway will be included in a lawsuit against John Q. Kelly when Joran van der Sloot is returned to the States to face extortion charges?  Could the lawsuit claim "enticement/entrapment"?

I hate Joran van der Sloot for the ongoing grief he continues to cause the families of Natalee and Stephany!!  Joran and his advocates are evil personified.  IMO

Janet

++++

Offered to Pay

Van der Sloot "true story" book
Published: 10/17/2010 11:39 am
Updated: 10/17/2010 11:51 am

<snipped>

The book, due out October 19, was co-written by Bert Huisjes and John van den Heuvel, the reporter who recently interviewed van der Sloot in his Castro Castro prison cell in Lima, Peru. That interview which appeared in De Telegraaf as well as on Dutch television contained little about the Natalee Holloway case beyond van der Sloot's admission that he scammed Natalee's family out of $25,000.

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family - her parents have been making my life tough for five years," the paper quoted him as saying from prison in Peru.  "When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not'?"

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-true-story-book/zMY1TGGVkU2Kc8LMCiU6pA

Only took $100 to Convince

Holloway attorney details van der Sloot sting
updated 6/11/2010 12:58:39 PM ET

In March, van der Sloot reached out to Kelly, demanding $250,000 from Holloway’s mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, in exchange for leading Kelly to the teenager’s remains, Kelly told TODAY.

Kelly said that when van der Sloot contacted him, he did not think he was going to learn the truth. His feelings, he said, were, “skepticism, caution, assuming everything he was going to tell me was false — but I had to understandably think that it might be true, also; so approach it very carefully and keep communicating.”

Kelly agreed to meet van der Sloot alone and brought no money — angering the suspect. Kelly then called the FBI to set up a sting, telling TODAY it only took $100 to convince van der Sloot to start talking with him again.

<snipped>

He regained van der Sloot’s attention by sending him $100. Then, with a promise that he would bring $25,000, another meeting was set up for May 10 in Aruba

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37635627

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »

This guy sure has some nerve! I hope I live to see the day(s) that karma catches up with Joran and KC. Blech!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #663 on: November 29, 2011, 05:58:26 PM »

This guy sure has some nerve! I hope I live to see the day(s) that karma catches up with Joran and KC. Blech!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: November 29, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/joran-van-der-sloot-sues-lima-murder-victim-dad-ex-peruvian-president-article-1.984028

Joran Van der Sloot sues Lima murder victim's dad, ex-Peruvian president

Murder suspect says his rights were violated

BY Jaime Uribarri & Michael Sheridan

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, November 29 2011, 2:22 PM

The notorious poker-playing Dutchman accused of killing a woman in Peru is crying foul - and suing the victim's father.

Joran Van der Sloot has filed a $10 million lawsuit claiming his rights were violated when he was nabbed in Chile and hauled to jail in Peru, according to El Comercio.

The 24-year-old, who was charged in September with the 2010 murder of Stephany Flores in a Lima hotel, names several people in his suit, including the former Peruvian President Alan Garcia, Chile's former interior minister and several police generals, the Peru newspaper reported.

Garcia is accused of using "pressure" to force the Chilean government to extradite Van der Sloot, according to the lawsuit.

Van der Sloot also contends Chilean officials denied him the right to contact his family while in custody and that he was not provided a defense attorney.

It is unclear why Flores' dad, Ricardo, is named in the suit.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/joran-van-der-sloot-sues-lima-murder-victim-dad-ex-peruvian-president-article-1.984028#ixzz1f8cD0WD9

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #665 on: November 29, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »

Reminder:

09 June 2010

INTERPOL Chile and Peru co-operation leads to Dutch murder suspect’s arrest

Van der Sloot is also wanted in USA for extortion linked to Aruba disappearance of US teenager

The arrest of a Dutchman suspected in the killing of a woman in Peru following close liaison between INTERPOL’s National Central Bureaus in Lima and Santiago, supported by INTERPOL’s 24-hour Command and Co-ordination Centre at the General Secretariat headquarters in Lyon has been praised by the head of the world police body as a ‘perfect example of police co-operation in international investigations.’

Joran van der Sloot, aged 22, was expelled to Lima on Friday after being taken into custody by Chilean police the previous day in the coastal town of Vina del Mar after INTERPOL Peru alerted the international law enforcement community that he was wanted in connection with the death of 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez, whose body was found in a Lima hotel room on Wednesday 2 June.

“This case is a perfect example of international police co-operation in combining collaboration and action by INTERPOL National Central Bureaus on the ground and the ability for these to instantly share and communicate information on wanted persons by our Command and Co-ordination Centre and Fugitive Unit at our Lyon headquarters,” said INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble.

“Van der Sloot’s arrest is a credit to law enforcement authorities in Chile and Peru and once again demonstrates the power and effectiveness of international co-operation between police in obtaining information to identify, locate and apprehend fugitives around the world,”
added Mr Noble.

In a separate case, Van der Sloot remains a named suspect by authorities in Aruba in the disappearance on the Caribbean island of 18-year-old US citizen Natalee Holloway on 30 May, 2005.  INTERPOL issued an international missing persons alert (Yellow Notice) for the teenager following her disappearance, which still remains valid.

Van der Sloot was arrested but never charged over her disappearance. However, he faces an arrest warrant by US authorities in Alabama on charges of extortion and wire fraud linked to that case.

http://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News-media-releases/2010/N20100609
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: November 29, 2011, 07:18:19 PM »

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/november_30__2011

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: November 29, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »

Reminder:

09 June 2010

INTERPOL Chile and Peru co-operation leads to Dutch murder suspect’s arrest

Van der Sloot is also wanted in USA for extortion linked to Aruba disappearance of US teenager

The arrest of a Dutchman suspected in the killing of a woman in Peru following close liaison between INTERPOL’s National Central Bureaus in Lima and Santiago, supported by INTERPOL’s 24-hour Command and Co-ordination Centre at the General Secretariat headquarters in Lyon has been praised by the head of the world police body as a ‘perfect example of police co-operation in international investigations.’

Joran van der Sloot, aged 22, was expelled to Lima on Friday after being taken into custody by Chilean police the previous day in the coastal town of Vina del Mar after INTERPOL Peru alerted the international law enforcement community that he was wanted in connection with the death of 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez, whose body was found in a Lima hotel room on Wednesday 2 June.

“This case is a perfect example of international police co-operation in combining collaboration and action by INTERPOL National Central Bureaus on the ground and the ability for these to instantly share and communicate information on wanted persons by our Command and Co-ordination Centre and Fugitive Unit at our Lyon headquarters,” said INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble.

“Van der Sloot’s arrest is a credit to law enforcement authorities in Chile and Peru and once again demonstrates the power and effectiveness of international co-operation between police in obtaining information to identify, locate and apprehend fugitives around the world,”
added Mr Noble.

In a separate case, Van der Sloot remains a named suspect by authorities in Aruba in the disappearance on the Caribbean island of 18-year-old US citizen Natalee Holloway on 30 May, 2005.  INTERPOL issued an international missing persons alert (Yellow Notice) for the teenager following her disappearance, which still remains valid.

Van der Sloot was arrested but never charged over her disappearance. However, he faces an arrest warrant by US authorities in Alabama on charges of extortion and wire fraud linked to that case.

http://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News-media-releases/2010/N20100609

Thanks Buckeye!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: November 29, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »

Considering an appeal was a given ... why was a 24/48 hour (?) travel restriction not a condition of Gary Giordano's release?

Somehow .... something akin to Joran van der Sloot ... I do not believe that Giordano ... the prime suspect in a murder of a touist on the Island of Aruba ... will be held accountable by the Aruban justice system.  Without a voice ... without an advocate ... could it be that Aruba anticipates that Robyn Gardner will become a distance memory.

Janet

+++++

Released!!

US man freed from Aruba jail, and free to leave island, but still a suspect in tourist death
Published: November 28 | Updated: Tuesday, November 29, 4:26 PM

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Maryland businessman Gary Giordano has been released from jail in Aruba after nearly four months of detention as a suspect in the disappearance of his traveling companion, Robyn Gardner.

Giordano is now free to leave the Dutch Caribbean island but his immediate plans are not clear. Prosecutors still consider him a suspect in Gardner’s presumed death. He left the jail with his lawyers.

A judge allowed his pretrial detention order to expire Tuesday, ruling prosecutors failed to present enough evidence to continue holding him as a suspect in the presumed death of Robyn Gardner.

<snipped>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/americas/us-man-to-be-released-from-aruba-jail-but-remainsl-suspect-in-companions-disappearance/2011/11/29/gIQAOD8R7N_story.html

Immediate Extradition

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Aruba to Seek US Man's Extradition in Tourist Case 11/29/11
November 29, 2011

<snipped>

Solicitor General Taco Stein says Aruban authorities will immediately seek the extradition of Gary Giordano if an appeal's court rules in the prosecution's favor and extends his pretrial detention. Earlier, prosecutors said they might wait to gather more evidence before seeking extradition.

The appeal ruling is expected Wednesday.

A judge ruled last week that prosecutors lacked enough evidence to keep holding Giordano as a suspect in the disappearance and presumed death of his travel companion, Robyn Gardner in August. Giordano denies wrongdoing. Stein spoke Tuesday, hours before the American's scheduled release.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=30738

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: November 29, 2011, 08:42:48 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET TONIGHT!

Click the link below to listen to the show at 9pm ET
http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: November 29, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2011-11-29-joran-van-der-slot-no-tiene-record-criminal-afirma-su-abogado-noticia_426849.html

Google translation

Joran Van der Sloot has no criminal record, says his lawyer
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 | 10:32 a.m.

Aldo Cotrina said everyone is entitled to the presumption of innocence, a benefit that was not given when it was moved from Chile to Peru to face the process for the murder of Stephany Flores.

Aldo's lawyer said his sponsored Cotrina, Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot, has no criminal record, however, was treated in Chile as a murderer.

"Legally, if we ask Joran criminal record, goes blank, all are accusations and allegations, suspicious, but has not been convicted by any court because they did not kill Miss Aruba (Natalee Holloway)," he said.

The Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot, the confessed murderer of young Peruvian Stephany Flores, filed a complaint with the Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) in which the Chilean state complaint alleged irregularities in the process of extradition to Peru.

The killer claims he was deprived of his right to defense and police investigations of Chile did not allow a call to his family, gave no guarantees of due process and counsel.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: November 29, 2011, 11:56:44 PM »

http://www.la-croix.com/Actualite/S-informer/Monde/Le-Perou-veut-inscrire-le-feminicide-dans-son-code-penal-_EP_-2011-11-29-741563

Google translation

29/11/11 - H 17 42
Peru wants to enter the "femicide" in its penal code
The murder of women by their partners are recognized officially in 2009 in Peru.

The "femicide" will soon be included in the Penal Code and shall be liable to a minimum sentence of fifteen years' imprisonment.

Why are the murders of women by their partners have long been "forgotten"?
Every year, hundreds of women are murdered in Peru by husbands, lovers, lovers ... They are 73 to have died since the beginning of the year, 123 last year, killed out of jealousy or for refusing advances their future executioners. Yet "these murders have been made visible recently, sorry sociologist Liz Melendez. Since 2003, several women's organizations have begun to recognize the crimes committed against women. The State did so until 2009. "

The most national media is that Joran Van der Sloot, accused of murdering a Peruvian 21 years in May 2010. Many other cases have never reached this level of advertising. Today, however, things are progressing. "Violence is becoming less and less tolerated by the people, welcomes the Minister of Women, Aida Garcia. What drives women to file complaints. "

Last year, 95,000 complaints of abuse were filed. From January to November 2011, 121 cases of extreme violence against women were reported, according to Aida Garcia.

Increase penalties against the murderers will be there enough?
The cabinet Monday approved unanimously entry in the Peruvian Penal Code the crime of "femicide." This change must now be approved by Congress. Considered an aggravating circumstance, this new crime will be punishable by a minimum sentence of fifteen years' imprisonment. Aida Garcia welcomed this development "in the symbolism of November 25, International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women".

Moreover, as noted by Liz Melendez, that "a law can not solve everything, even if it was urgent to say no to impunity." Sociologist particularly emphasizes the cultural roots of the phenomenon. A view shared by the anthropologist Gabriel Calderon, who the attackers "have learned a macho society that women should be subject to man."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: November 30, 2011, 02:20:38 AM »

16 year old girl missing in Aruba.

If I understand it correctly when the mother went to the Youth Vice Squad to report her daughter missing, she was told they were having computer problems so it would be difficult to transmit the information about her daughter to all of the units.

How many units are there, what about a telephone call? 

http://www.diario.aw/2011/11/mucha-muher-desapareci-un-siman-caba/

Papiamentu translation:

child muher desapareci one week end

publication: wednesday, 23 november 2011.

categoria: general

buscando albania!

oranjestad(aan): on tuesday owing to present at daily paper, one lady preocupa for his child muher of 16 year, that by week happen the not owing to hear of dje y not owing to mire more. his child muher is alumno of epb hato. week happen owing to resulta cu hour cu past owing to bay buske, the not owing to worde localiza cual owing to arise preocupacion close the family. owing to enter in contacto cu the school y owing to resulta cu was have one day cu the not owing to present but now is resulta keto bay cu the not owing to go back neither at school y niether at home. is deal of the child muher albania marulanda naci at colombia 12 of november 1995. albania his estatura is 1.62 metre, color of eye is berde brown, cabey is black, cuero of curpa is color cla y is pisa more or less 54 kilo.

the mother preocupa owing to worde informe cu his child muher will is in compania of one type cu will is work at one establecimento situa at santa cruz. according version owing to acerca the type the owing to give of conoce the not know of nothing.

all the time school self is preocupa for albania cu not owing to let know nothing of dje.

all the time autoridad owing to worde poni at height of one que another relaciona cu paradero of albania.

also according the mother the owing to hinca the caso in hand of advocate for yude owing to base of ley for localiza his child muher cu for enough day end the not know nothing of dje.

can cierto the mother owing to bay at despacho of jeugd zeden politie at balashi, but the departamento according informe will have problem cu computer y dificilmente will can transmiti the buskeda of the child muher albania cu his detayenan for all unidad.

is haci one call at comunidad if acaso have person (nan) cu know or owing to look at albania marulanda, they can calling his mother cual is enough preocupa of his paradero, at 561-6544.

Still missing...   

http://www.diario.aw/2011/11/dos-siman-y-nada-di-paradero-di-albania/

two week y nothing of paradero of albania

publication: wednesday, 30 november 2011.

categoria: general

oranjestad (aan): diabierna is bay make two week cu the mother preocupa not owing to hear nothing, niether owing to localiza his child muher of that not know his paradero.

is deal of the child muher alumno of epb hato, albania marulanda naci at colombia 12 of november 1995, of that neither school, neither family know of his paradero.

the is wordo busca for his family cu is birando desespera y neither autoridad cu owing to wordo notifica till still not owing to localiza the child here. seems cu consulado also will bay cay in the asunto here for know where y that will can is permiti or owing to ofrece lugar pe sconde for one motibo or another.

family not owing to achieve none sign still that owing to buske at school y owing to bay cune as voluntary or contra of his boluntad.

all the time all patrol of police in all distrito is at height of informe general. departamento of jeugd zeden politie also have atencion of the caso despite cu they have some personal y for colmo they're hand complete of denuncia relaciona cu various caso cual have of haber cu maltrato earnest bao of hobennan.

is go back make one suplica at comunidad of part of the mother preocupa for give one hand if acaso they will can hear algo or owing to look at albania, for reporta or calling 5616544.

family will not sit hand cruza but will make all will possible for know where albania is y of con the do not take contacto cu they.

also if acaso have person (nan) is scond’e intencionalmente mihor the or they, come fast.

already is two week y will can have consecuencia earnest owing to base of leynan vigente.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: November 30, 2011, 03:12:17 AM »

http://www.awe24.com/20111122/9072/Ex-polis_ex-comerciante_a_ser_haya_na_un_forma_strano_sin_bida_den_un_estado

Papiamentu translation:

ex-polis, ex-comerciante owing to being achieve at one form odd without life in one estado of decomposicion

1 day happen come across, 22 of november 2011 12:36

tuesday afternoon owing to enter informe of cu have one curpa without life in one estado of decomposicion at one cas at sabana pound, at once owing to dirigi tanto police because; ambulance at the sitio. at arrival of the patrol owing to come compronde cu here is deal of one ex-polis, ex-comerciante of 68 year Theodorus E. Boerlijder, the was in one estado of decomposicion already for some day end. the form odd con the curpa owing to being achieve owing to place cu police have to owing to avisa all instancia concerni y fiscal owing to let confisca the curpa for one investigacion. come across

Shot in head, pistol in hand...laying across his stomach.  Some questioned whether this was suicide or a crime?  They think it was odd that he had the control after shooting himself to have positioned himself that way before he died.  He'd been dead for about 7 days before he was found.  He had been attacked in his home in October too, I don't really understand all that part is saying.

http://boletinextra.com/index.php/local-news/12156-tiro-den-cabes-suicidio-of-crimen-na-sabana-liber

Papiamentu translation:

tiro in cabes.. suicidio or crimen at sabana pound?

wednesday, 23 november 2011 09:39

2 comments

crimen or suicidio? he cu owing to wordo achieve dead upstairs his cama at sabana pound owing to wordo achieve cu one pistola in hand y cu one tiro in cabes. of es form cu el'a wordo achieve, is crea doubt cu is the self can owing to comete the suicidio. boletinextra owing to compronde cu el'a wordo achieve cu his hand good acomoda upstairs his abdomen cu the pistol in hand. in practica hour one person throw his self in cabes, the not have the compel for controla his hand neither his compel y hour the tiro bay the precion is so strong cu the pistola is fly cay y his hand is open. in the caso here is impossible for throw his self one ball in cabes y resisiti the precion for as the arm y place upstairs his abdomen. he have at least 7 day dead end for cual his estado is decompone. owing to ask for haci one autopsia cual talves will can establece the cause of the dead, cual is show cu is for her ball ricibi in cabes. at month of october anja happen the self man owing to wordo atraca while the was sleep upstairs his cama. el'a throw for his nacht-kasje for grab his arm, but the atracador owing to domine first cu el'a coy his arm. they owing to mare y lage mara behind. here is deal of one suicidio or one reglamento of cuenta or is for his conocimento of cualkier secreto?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:44 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: November 30, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »

Look who got elected to stand in the way of Gary Giordano's exit from KIA last night.   Well considering how she is, she probably volunteered!  Monkey Devil!

Was that stance really necessary?     Gary probably liked it.   

http://www.awe24.com/20111129/9131/Gary_Giordano_despues_di_mas_di_100_dia_deteni_porfin_a_recobra_su_libertad

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #676 on: November 30, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »

Look who got elected to stand in the way of Gary Giordano's exit from KIA last night.   Well considering how she is, she probably volunteered!  Monkey Devil!

http://www.awe24.com/20111129/9131/Gary_Giordano_despues_di_mas_di_100_dia_deteni_porfin_a_recobra_su_libertad

I just posted that pic over in Robyn's thread, I wasn't sure it was her. lol

I swear if Renfro would spend time finding the bodies in Aruba that are missing she could really cash in big time.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: November 30, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/30/world/americas/chile-van-der-sloot/index.html

Van der Sloot sues Chile over his extradition to Peru for murder trial
By the CNN Wire Staff
November 30, 2011 -- Updated 2300 GMT (0700 HKT)

(CNN) -- The Dutch man suspected in the disappearance in 2005 of Natalee Holloway has sued the Chilean government for more than $13 million, alleging his human rights were violated when Chile extradited him last year to Peru to face charges in the death of a Peruvian woman.

"The lawsuit is against the Chilean government, for having violated Joran van der Sloot's basic human rights," his Peruvian lawyer Aldo Cotrina told In Session. The suit was filed September 4 with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights in Washington.

"Maybe they won't accept my analysis in Peru, because they feel this is the way things have always been done," said Cotrina, who is based in New York. "But I believe there are universal human rights and we have to respect those rights. We can't say that because someone is accused of killing a person, you can violate all their rights."

Cotrina said van der Sloot's former attorney, Maximo Altez, contacted him in July 2010 about the complaint, and the two men met the following month to begin researching grounds for the lawsuit on the basis of their claim that van der Sloot's human rights had been violated in June 2010, when Chile expelled him to Peru.

Cotrina said he expects to complete next week a similar document, to be filed against the government of Peru.

Van der Sloot, 24, faces a trial on murder and robbery charges that is set to begin January 6 in Peru.

He is accused of killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room last year. Police say he took money and bank cards from her wallet and fled to Chile, where he was arrested a few days later.

The 13-page lawsuit says an international arrest warrant had not been filed against van der Sloot, but he was arrested by Chilean authorities anyway.

But documents from Peru's Ministry of Interior indicate that the Peruvian police had requested his arrest; Interpol authorities in Chile and Peru were contacted, as was Chile's Ministry of Interior.

The lawsuit further alleges that van der Sloot was not given enough time to appeal his expulsion from Chile, and that that failure was a violation of his basic human rights.

But correspondence between Chile's Ministry of Interior and Peru's Ministry of Interior indicates that officials from both ministries considered that van der Sloot's expulsion was legal under the Southern Common Market (Mercosur) treaty, which allows for international cooperation in matters of criminal activity. The documents were obtained by In Session on TruTV, which is a sister network to CNN.

The resolution to expel van der Sloot from Chile, which was approved by the Chilean government, cites a police report as having been filed on May 13, 2010. Van der Sloot's lawyer points out that his client did not even enter Chile until May 31. The lawsuit refers to the apparent typo as evidence that Chilean and Peruvian officials were violating the Dutch man's rights.

The lawsuit adds that Chilean police did not give van der Sloot the opportunity to call or use a computer to contact relatives, did not give him legal representation and did not give him a translator -- all putative violations of his rights.

Interpol documents obtained by In Session indicate that van der Sloot voluntarily gave a statement in English to Chilean police in which he said that he and Flores had been attacked in Lima and that he fled fearing for his life.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: November 30, 2011, 07:38:36 PM »

I just posted that pic over in Robyn's thread, I wasn't sure it was her. lol

I swear if Renfro would spend time finding the bodies in Aruba that are missing she could really cash in big time.

That car probably fit right through her legs. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: November 30, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »

REMINDER

Joran's defense strategy?

Altez previously told The Associated Press that he would appeal the judge's decision to a higher court, and CNN reports that Altez has said van der Sloot's strategy is to "paralyze the process."

Altez told CNN that van der Sloot will use every possible law available to him, and will even reach out to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica once he has exhausted his options in Peru.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20009115-504083.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.