March 28, 2024, 05:18:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 358334 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: November 30, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »

Look who got elected to stand in the way of Gary Giordano's exit from KIA last night.   Well considering how she is, she probably volunteered!  Monkey Devil!

Was that stance really necessary?     Gary probably liked it.   

http://www.awe24.com/20111129/9131/Gary_Giordano_despues_di_mas_di_100_dia_deteni_porfin_a_recobra_su_libertad

I just posted that pic over in Robyn's thread, I wasn't sure it was her. lol

I swear if Renfro would spend time finding the bodies in Aruba that are missing she could really cash in big time.

That car probably fit right through her legs. 

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: December 01, 2011, 01:13:42 AM »

US man wins Aruba appeal in missing tourist case
November 30, 2011 7:01 PM

AP)  ORANJESTAD, Aruba — A U.S. businessman who spent nearly four months in an Aruban jail before a judge ordered his release scored another legal victory Wednesday when an appeals court rejected a prosecution appeal to put him back in pretrial detention.

Gary Giordano had already left Aruba when the three-judge appeals court panel ruled that prosecutors lacked sufficient evidence to continue holding him as a suspect in the disappearance and presumed death of his traveling companion, Robyn Gardner.

The prosecutor's office said it was disappointed with the ruling, still considers Giordano a suspect and is continuing to pursue the case with the assistance of the FBI.

"While we believe the circumstances warranted his detention, we respect the court's ruling," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501715_162-57334306/us-man-wins-aruba-appeal-in-missing-tourist-case/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #682 on: December 01, 2011, 01:32:48 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: December 01, 2011, 10:04:58 AM »

Look who got elected to stand in the way of Gary Giordano's exit from KIA last night.   Well considering how she is, she probably volunteered!  Monkey Devil!

Was that stance really necessary?     Gary probably liked it.   

http://www.awe24.com/20111129/9131/Gary_Giordano_despues_di_mas_di_100_dia_deteni_porfin_a_recobra_su_libertad

I just posted that pic over in Robyn's thread, I wasn't sure it was her. lol

I swear if Renfro would spend time finding the bodies in Aruba that are missing she could really cash in big time.

That car probably fit right through her legs. 

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Hot dang, that was a GOOD one!!!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: December 01, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »

REMINDER

Joran's defense strategy?

Altez previously told The Associated Press that he would appeal the judge's decision to a higher court, and CNN reports that Altez has said van der Sloot's strategy is to "paralyze the process."

Altez told CNN that van der Sloot will use every possible law available to him, and will even reach out to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica once he has exhausted his options in Peru.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20009115-504083.html

Grace ... I agree.  It has been a strategy from the getgo.

Janet

++++

June 29, 2010 8:39 AM
Van der Sloot Will "Paralyze the Process" in Murder Trial, Says Report

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20009115-504083.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »

Considering a January 6th trial date has been established ... will Jimenez still attempt to gain Joran his freedom following the December 4th deadline?  Is there a hearing date?  I have been googling and have not found any online article addressing this issue.

Janet

++++

Original murder charge against van der Sloot will stand
November 22, 2011

<snipped>

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

No date has been set yet on the case.

"The delay is not his fault. We have been acting in good faith. He has been cooperating with the authorities. And they still don't have a translator," said Jimenez.

It will be up to the court to decide whether van der Sloot is freed. Because of the case's complexity, a judge could rule to keep him behind bars. Once Jimenez presents his habeas corpus motion, a panel of judges will meet to interview van der Sloot and make a determination.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

The article below was posted on November 22; it might have the answer your question.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/22/joran-van-der-sloot-indicted-on-murder-and-robbery/

November 22, 2011
Joran van der Sloot indicted on murder and robbery

::snipping2::

On December 4th, Joran van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in a Peruvian prison. On this day his defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro is preparing to file an habeas corpus with the court requesting that he be set free.

Four more days!!

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: December 01, 2011, 11:53:43 AM »

Considering an extention to the deadline is not a given ... I am concerned.  I begrudge Joran van der Sloot ... a flight risk ... even one month's freedom prior to sentencing for the brutal murder of Stephany Flores.

Janet

++++

Ricardo Flores

Woman's family wants speedy trial for van der Sloot
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 17, 2011 -- Updated 2200 GMT (0600 HKT

CNN) -- The family of a slain Peruvian woman is urging prosecutors to file their case against murder suspect Joran van der Sloot, warning that he may be released by December unless the case goes ahead.

"We are worried because Peruvian law says that if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months after his arrest, authorities are obligated to set the suspect free," Ricardo Flores, the dead woman's father, told CNN.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/17/peru.van.der.sloot/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: December 01, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »

Family Attorney

Joran van der Sloot could be free in 2012
Published on 17 August 2011 - 9:02pm

Dutch citizen Joran van der Sloot has a good chance of being freed from remand in Peru at the end of this year, says the lawyer acting for the family of Stephany Flores.

Mr Van der Sloot is suspected of the murder of Ms Flores, a 21-year-old student who was found dead in his hotel room in Lima over a year ago.

Lawyer Edward Alvarez says Peru’s justice authorities are proceeding too slowly with the case. He complains that as yet no indictment has even been formulated.

Under Peruvian law, suspects can only be held for up to 18 months without a verdict in their case. If he is indeed released at the end of December when this period is up, Mr Van der Sloot will have to remain in Peru until his case comes to trial.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/joran-van-der-sloot-could-be-free-2012

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: December 01, 2011, 01:02:42 PM »

I find myself looking up in the rafters  still expecting to see 2NJ, but of course,   she's not signed in.  It's going to take a long, long time for it to sink in for me that she won't be posting with us anymore.

<Respectfully snipped by Tamikosmom>

Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it

WE HAVE THIS MOMENT

Tender words, gentle touch and a good cup of coffee
And someone who loves me and wants me to stay
Hold them dear while they’re near don’t wait for tomorrow
To look back and wish for today.

We have this moment to hold in our hands
And to touch as it slips through our fingers like sand
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come
But we have this moment, today.

Bill and Gloria Gaither

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: December 01, 2011, 01:05:02 PM »

::justice2NJ::

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: December 01, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »

SAN

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: December 01, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »

It wasn't the first rodeo for Deepak and Satish

"Joran van der Sloot, the mystery man from Aruba, along with his TWO SIDEKICKS, ON THE NEWS"

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9791.520
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: December 01, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »

Considering a January 6th trial date has been established ... will Jimenez still attempt to gain Joran his freedom following the December 4th deadline?  Is there a hearing date?  I have been googling and have not found any online article addressing this issue.

Janet

++++

Original murder charge against van der Sloot will stand
November 22, 2011

<snipped>

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

No date has been set yet on the case.

"The delay is not his fault. We have been acting in good faith. He has been cooperating with the authorities. And they still don't have a translator," said Jimenez.

It will be up to the court to decide whether van der Sloot is freed. Because of the case's complexity, a judge could rule to keep him behind bars. Once Jimenez presents his habeas corpus motion, a panel of judges will meet to interview van der Sloot and make a determination.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

The article below was posted on November 22; it might have the answer your question.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/22/joran-van-der-sloot-indicted-on-murder-and-robbery/

November 22, 2011
Joran van der Sloot indicted on murder and robbery

On December 4th, Joran van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in a Peruvian prison. On this day his defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro is preparing to file an habeas corpus with the court requesting that he be set free.

Four more days!!

I wonder if there is a bounty on his head?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: December 01, 2011, 01:47:01 PM »

http://www.caretas.com.pe/Main.asp?T=3082&S=&id=12&idE=980&idSTo=0&idA=55955

Google translation

Exhibitions:::: Maria Elena Ramirez, mother of Stephany Flores, exhibits paintings that pay tribute to murdered daughter.
Thursday December 1, 2011

In the Name of the Daughter

Every night for 21 years, Maria Elena Ramirez Flores long brown hair combing her daughter Stephany as she sang "pretty doll, with golden hair, teeth of pearl and ruby lips." But the night of May 30, that tradition complicity between mother and daughter ended suddenly. The Dutchman Joran Van Der Sloot killed Stephany and Maria Elena left a hole in the heart.

The initial pain, which was after it, like a shot in the brain, followed five months in which only got out of bed to go to church and paint. "I could not get out of bed. So today I asked what happened? All I know is that I took to my princess, my principessa, as I said. My life changed completely. Everything lost its meaning for me until right now I've managed to stay in touch with her ​​through the painting. "

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: December 01, 2011, 02:07:55 PM »

http://www.caretas.com.pe/Main.asp?T=3082&S=&id=12&idE=980&idSTo=0&idA=55955

Google translation

Exhibitions:::: Maria Elena Ramirez, mother of Stephany Flores, exhibits paintings that pay tribute to murdered daughter.
Thursday December 1, 2011

In the Name of the Daughter

Every night for 21 years, Maria Elena Ramirez Flores long brown hair combing her daughter Stephany as she sang "pretty doll, with golden hair, teeth of pearl and ruby lips." But the night of May 30, that tradition complicity between mother and daughter ended suddenly. The Dutchman Joran Van Der Sloot killed Stephany and Maria Elena left a hole in the heart.

The initial pain, which was after it, like a shot in the brain, followed five months in which only got out of bed to go to church and paint. "I could not get out of bed. So today I asked what happened? All I know is that I took to my princess, my principessa, as I said. My life changed completely. Everything lost its meaning for me until right now I've managed to stay in touch with her ​​through the painting. "

Thanks Grace.

If only the Aruba ... rather than protecting ... had held Joran van der Sloot accountable ... Stephany Flores would not have had an encounter with this monster who is unable to control his rage.  Stephany would be persuing her dreams and ... another mother would not have been forced into a literal h--- on Earth.

The mother of Natalee Holloway saw the the writing on the wall.

Janet

+++++

Monkeys Media Reminder … Beth Holloway & Peter R. DeVries on Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio
February 13th, 2008

Beth Holloway:

47:50 - I feel strongly that he (Joran) is a time bomb that is waiting to go off.  He will strike again.  It is not just for Natalee that I would like to see him behind bars.  I think he has shown us all he has no control over himself or his actions.

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2008/02/13/monkeys-media-reminder-beth-holloway-peter-r-devries-on-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio/

_____

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: December 01, 2011, 02:16:13 PM »

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/12/01/joran-van-der-sloot-sues-chile-for-violating-his-human-rights/
1:49 pm ET December 1, 2011
Joran Van Der Sloot Sues Chile for Violating His ‘Human Rights’
by Happening Now Posted in: aruba, Chile, Joran van der Sloot, natalee holloway, Stephanie Flores   

Video at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: December 01, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »

Thanks, Trimm!

From the article/video--

Geraldo Rivera joined Happening Now with reaction to this new lawsuit. Geraldo explained that Van der Sloot’s basic point is that just because he is accused of a murder, which he has confessed to, doesn’t mean he is devoid of all rights. He said, “He [Joran Van der Sloot] believes it was Flores, the dad, who is pulling the strings here and making this happen.”

Geraldo added that you can be charged with murder and still have your rights violated. He said, “He’s got an argument sufficient enough to have someone draw up papers that don’t make you laugh out loud immediately.”

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/12/01/joran-van-der-sloot-sues-chile-for-violating-his-human-rights/

Stephany's father is doing everything he can legally to bring justice for his daughter!       
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: December 01, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »

For me, the fact Joran was so aware of the anniversary date of killing Natalee adds buckets of ice to the chilling nature of Stephanie's murder. I know it's old news, but it takes my breath every time I'm reminded of it. He is one sick puupy and dangerous beyond belief. His exit from this earth cannot come too soon, IMO.

I still say the best case scenario is for the Flores family to get to the inmates and offer them money to put Joran to the test. The inmates need to give him one chance to tell what he knows about Natalee's whereabouts, and only if it turns out to be verifiable, tell him he can live.

Either he tells it or he doesn't, but either way, they should play with him then take him out. That's my best case scenario, anyway.

CBB

I agree.  The date of Stephany's brutal murder at the hands of Joran van der Sloot is significant.  It implies implies premeditation but the Peruvian prosecution and a panel of Peruvian judges determined otherwise.  Why?

The thought that Joran van der Sloot could gain his freedom within a ten year period makes me so angry.  A ten year sentence is far from justice!!  When did a victim's life become so cheap?

Janet

+++++++

Date set for van der Sloot murder trial
Published: 11/25 9:44 am
Updated: 11/26 8:25 am

<snipped>

In September, the victim's family asked a three-judge panel for a more stringent charge akin to aggravated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, but the panel of judges ruled on the prosecution's side.

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro told CNN'S In Session this was a big win for his client. If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Date-set-for-van-der-Sloot-murder-trial/J1Yl6nagmkmRXf0qcfRMXA.cspx

CBB

Ricardo Flores is of the belief that the date of May 30th may hold a significance in regards to the brutal murder of his beloved daughter by Joran van der Sloot... a significance that implies premeditation.

Janet

+++++

Ricardo Flores

Stephany Flores's Family: 'You Cannot Describe the Pain'
Published June 15, 2010

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VAN SUSTEREN: Why did you think Joran van der Sloot did this? What motivated him?

RICARDO FLORES, STEPHANY FLORES' FATHER (Via translator): He is saying maybe you can know, because it was the same date, May 30th. Five years ago the same date. He says maybe you know more than us, because you have been after this five years. It is the same day, the same day in Aruba.

<snipped>

(END VIDEOTAPE)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;quote=1491828;topic=12038.620;num_replies=696;sesc=f49b5eba5b1678711dc5ef58b836062f

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: December 01, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »

Kermit

I watched your interview with Wolf Blitzer.  You were great!  I told my 10 year old granddaughter who was just dropped off ..."I know that frog".  She rolled her eyes and ... said ... "Mama when are we leaving for the mall."  Shopping for a special Christmas outfit and dinner in town is where it is at for the two of us.

Janet

+++++

Kermit the Frog on Gingrich: 'we both speak amphibian'
December 1, 2011, 4:06 pm

Kermit the Frog is taking Washington by storm.

The world's most famous amphibian did the D.C. publicity circuit on Thursday, talking to several outlets ahead of his appearance at the National Christmas Tree Lighting with President Obama and the First family.

Kermit, or “Kermie” as he’s affectionately called by his paramour, Miss Piggy, disclosed in an interview with CNN on Thursday that the Secret Service apparently doesn’t do any species-profiling, telling anchor T.J. Holmes, “You’d be surprised how easy it is for a frog to get security clearance.”

The Muppets star also said that when he plans to voice his concerns about an important issue with the president when he sees him: inter-species dating. Kermit said while he’s not so sure about the issue, Miss Piggy is all for it.

And the green guy even talked a little politics…well, sort of. He told Wolf Blitzer, “I do have to tell you, that Newt is from the swamp. There are other newts in the swamp too.”

When Blitzer suggested that Kermit join him the next time he interviews Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, Kermit agreed, saying, “We both speak amphibian. We’d be fine.”

<snipped>

http://washingtonscene.thehill.com/in-the-know/36-news/13223-judy-kurtz

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: December 01, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »

Post 697

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,594662,00.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.