March 28, 2024, 10:21:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #861 10/16/11 - 12/23/11  (Read 358287 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 6
updated 4/7/2006 12:15:41 PM ET

RITA COSBY, HOST:  What do you make of the fact that it‘s so strange that here‘s this guy who‘s his brother-in-law, Gerold Dompig?  Isn‘t that weird to you, too, just that strange connection?  And the fact—it was interesting.  When we were down there, the authorities were sort of, like, Well, we can‘t really focus on him because of, basically, who he‘s connected to.

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE‘S MOTHER:  Well, you know, it’s really not any stranger to me than it is that the Kalpoes are cousins of Gerold Dompig.  So you know, they‘re all very connected on that island. It‘s hard to find someone who‘s not a relative or a cousin.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12205086/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: December 19, 2011, 10:22:33 PM »

Video interview with Joran's American lawyer, Aldo Cotrina, is in Spanish.  However, when he gets to Washington, maybe he will give an interview in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d65aproPrPk
YouTube video: "Van der Sloot to Peru tomorrow demand"
Uploaded by WillaxTV on Dec 19, 2011

NEW YORK .- Tomorrow's lawyer Joran Van der Sloot, Aldo Cotrina will arrive in Washington to file suit against Peru, for violation of human rights, while the allocation request international observers to have a Van der Sloot fair trial. Following the report of our partners in New York, Liliana Bringas and Julio Cuesta.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: December 19, 2011, 10:38:26 PM »

Video interview with Joran's American lawyer, Aldo Cotrina, is in Spanish.  However, when he gets to Washington, maybe he will give an interview in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d65aproPrPk
YouTube video: "Van der Sloot to Peru tomorrow demand"
Uploaded by WillaxTV on Dec 19, 2011

NEW YORK .- Tomorrow's lawyer Joran Van der Sloot, Aldo Cotrina will arrive in Washington to file suit against Peru, for violation of human rights, while the allocation request international observers to have a Van der Sloot fair trial. Following the report of our partners in New York, Liliana Bringas and Julio Cuesta.

Thanks Grace.

Since the lawsuit announcement ... the Dutch/Peruvian/American media silence regarding the Stephany Flores case ... upcoming trial has been deafening.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: December 20, 2011, 10:50:52 AM »

A two-page article.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/19/inside-joran-van-der-sloot-s-prison-in-peru.html

Inside Joran Van Der Sloot’s Prison in Peru
Dec 19, 2011 7:40 PM EST

The Daily Beast gets a tour of the tough, overcrowded Peruvian prison housing accused murderer Joran van der Sloot, whose murder trial begins on Jan. 6.

When Jose Luis Perez Guadalupe steps into Peru’s Miguel Castro Castro prison, the inmates greet him affably. They’re well aware that as the government’s most senior prison official he can order an unexpected search in the middle of the night and he can decide where they’ll serve the rest of their sentences. But they also remember his efforts in the tumultuous early 1990s that helped improve conditions at the prison. Thirteen years of volunteering as a pastoral officer at the chaplaincy appear to have helped create something of a bond between him and the prisoners.

::snipping2::

According to two sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity, van der Sloot is addicted to video games, and uses cocaine that keeps him up at night.  Perez Guadalupe would not confirm those reports.

Perez Guadalupe’s recent appointment may have ended van der Sloot’s alleged happy days. “He’s in this area with four others,” says Perez Guadalupe as we ascend to the second floor of a small block of cells. I enter the area where van der Sloot currently lives. It consists of two sections. There’s a small kitchen counter on the right where inmates can store and prepare food. There’s a door that leads to a small bathroom. A gate opens into a hallway, where the five cells stand in a row.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: December 20, 2011, 10:59:23 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Joran-is-addicted-to-cocaine-and-making-rosaries/KIBhfzbfGkKZ853z-djQrw.cspx

December 20, 2011
"Joran is addicted to cocaine and making rosaries"

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  Joran van der Sloot is making world wide headlines again...and it's hard to top this one from the Dutch website AD.nl: "Joran is addicted to cocaine and making rosaries"

Whether it's various tabloids discovering his American "guardian angel" Mary Hamer..an American M.D. with Alabama roots or the latest legal wrangling on his murder trial scheduled for early January, van der Sloot continues to stir interest on every continent.

What is new in the Daily Beast article is the perspective of Jose Luis Perez Guadalupe who they describe as the government's senior prison official.  The Daily Beast says Perez Guadalupe is more concerned with keeping van der Sloot safe than the various bizarre claims about his prison life:  “So, I have to make sure no one comes near him, not a fellow inmate, nor a penitentiary employee, nor any visitor,” says Perez Guadalupe. “Many things may have happened before I arrived, but I can only be held responsible for what goes on during my administration. I’ve had his cell searched, but I can’t tell you what I’ve removed.”

There have long been rumors that the family of murder victim Stephany Flores has put a bounty on van der Sloot.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: December 20, 2011, 07:15:11 PM »

<snipped>

Original murder charge against van der Sloot will stand
November 22, 2011

<snipped>

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

"The delay is not his fault. We have been acting in good faith. He has been cooperating with the authorities. And they still don't have a translator," said Jimenez.

It will be up to the court to decide whether van der Sloot is freed. Because of the case's complexity, a judge could rule to keep him behind bars. Once Jimenez presents his habeas corpus motion, a panel of judges will meet to interview van der Sloot and make a determination.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

s.t.

Considering NOTHING has been forthcoming in the media regarding the outcome of a habeas corpus motion by Joran van der Sloot's attorney in regards to a release pending the trial ... could it be a panel of Peruvian judge "quietly" complied?  I have a hinky feeling.

Think about it.  Mary Hamer was refused visitation twice.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: December 20, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »

<snipped>

Original murder charge against van der Sloot will stand
November 22, 2011

<snipped>

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

"The delay is not his fault. We have been acting in good faith. He has been cooperating with the authorities. And they still don't have a translator," said Jimenez.

It will be up to the court to decide whether van der Sloot is freed. Because of the case's complexity, a judge could rule to keep him behind bars. Once Jimenez presents his habeas corpus motion, a panel of judges will meet to interview van der Sloot and make a determination.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

s.t.

Considering NOTHING has been forthcoming in the media regarding the outcome of a habeas corpus motion by Joran van der Sloot's attorney in regards to a release pending the trial ... could it be a panel of Peruvian judge "quietly" complied?  I have a hinky feeling.

Think about it.  Mary Hamer was refused visitation twice.

Janet

It is frustrating not to be informed of the outcome of the habeas corpus motion--if there was one.  Hmmm.  Maybe they denied it because he is a flight risk?  Regarding Mary, the prison authorities don't want Joran to do interviews with reporters.  They are suspicious of her being a journalist and going to the media--which, of course, she did.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »

This Dutch article seems to paint another picture of life in prison for Joran from the one by his latest visitor, MH, about his new found "friends."

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/article/detail/3084467/2011/12/20/Joran-is-verslaafd-aan-cocaine-en-maakt-rozenkransen.dhtml

Google translation

Tuesday, December 20, 2011
"Joran is addicted to cocaine and making rosaries"

Guadalupe has new locks on cell doors of Joran to turn. He tells the Daily Beast website: "We are not so much worried about what others can do it, but we make us particularly concerned that other prisoners to attack him."

Flores
The warden then refers to all kinds of maps that could be forged within the prison walls. The Peruvians want is revenge for the death of Stephanie Flores. On June 2, 2010 Peruvian media reported that Van der Sloot is suspected of involvement in the death of Stephanie Flores, daughter of Peruvian businessman and racing driver Ricardo Flores. Her body was found after a tip. Autopsy showed that Flores died on May 30, 2010, exactly five years after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Van der Sloot is still suspected of involvement in the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway in 2005.

Work
Prisoners can earn some money in the Castro Castro prison work. In a workshop, but also in their cells, as Joran. According to his lawyer, Jose Jimenez, Van der Sloot rosary beads and silver necklaces and bracelets.

Confinement
After any conviction Joran will also take into account that his time alone in a cell will have to spend. "For," said Director Guadalupe, "given his reputation and his crimes, it is too dangerous for him and us to him in the workshop enabled. He will just have to sit in his cell. "
(Eric Borsje)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: December 20, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »

It is frustrating not to be informed of the outcome of the habeas corpus motion--if there was one.  Hmmm.  Maybe they denied it because he is a flight risk?  Regarding Mary, the prison authorities don't want Joran to do interviews with reporters.  They are suspicious of her being a journalist and going to the media--which, of course, she did.

Grace

You could be right but ... I cannot imagine Joran's attorney not attempting to gain his freedom pending the trial.  If the motion was denied ... why was it not reported?  If the motion was granted ... I can understand the attempt to keep it quiet.

After flying in from the States ... Mary Hamer was denied visitation twice.  Why not grant her ONE visit but apply restrictions in regards to media interviews?  Also ... it appears in the above articles ... Joran's new attorney is implying that security is the reason that Joran is being kept out of the limelight at the prison.

Again ... I have that familar hinky feeling.

Off for the evening.

Later, Janet
5:00 PM PT

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #969 on: December 21, 2011, 01:30:27 AM »

I have a familiar hinky feeling too...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/jun/13/internet-trolls-improbable-research

A troll is someone "who constructs the identity of sincerely wishing to be part of the group in question, including professing or conveying pseudo-sincere intentions, but whose real intention(s) is/are to cause disruption and/or to trigger or exacerbate conflict for the purposes of their own amusement".

jmho

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: December 21, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »

Psalm 28:
The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped.

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

I NEVER ASK HIM WHY

Pages 100
: He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.

NOT THE WORK THAT HAS TO BE DONE.  JUST THE BURDEN

Page 103:
I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

TAKING LEAVE OF THE ISLAND.  NOT FROM THE WORK YET TO BE DONE

Page 189:
    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

MY PLEDGE

Page 200:
  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professinals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

A CONSCIOUS DECISION EVERY MORNING

Page 219:
I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.

FAITH WILL SEE ME THROUGH

Pages 230/231:
  I can't say for sure if we'll ever know that answer to whether my daughter is alive or not.  I know it doesn't look good.  But just as that old metal spiral staircase rose from the ashes when our lake house burned down, so too faith stands strong in the remains of this devastating loss.  And just as my Dad built another house around that staircase, I will build another life around hope and faith.  It won't ever be the same.  But I pray that it will, at the very least, be useful.  The hope that filled Natalee's heart fills mine, and I will press on.  Faith got me up this morning, and faith will see me through tomorrow.  And the next day.  And the next.

EVERY CHANCE WE GET

Page 232:
  Without hope we are hungry. And on a very deep level, desperate. But no one has to be. What's so amazing is that we can feed each other. We can help each other. We have the power to give resilience to others who are fading. We can nourish each other's spirits and save one another from defeat and despair. Every one of us possesses this power to "love thy neighbor," and we need to use it every chance we get.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #971 on: December 21, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: December 21, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #973 on: December 21, 2011, 07:31:25 PM »

I have a familiar hinky feeling too...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/jun/13/internet-trolls-improbable-research

A troll is someone "who constructs the identity of sincerely wishing to be part of the group in question, including professing or conveying pseudo-sincere intentions, but whose real intention(s) is/are to cause disruption and/or to trigger or exacerbate conflict for the purposes of their own amusement".

jmho

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.msg878415#msg878415

Please light a candle remembering Natalee and her family's quest for answers.  Since two were created, you may use one or both.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=NAH

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Nat%27s

::justice2NJ::

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: December 22, 2011, 03:37:00 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: December 23, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »

http://www.reisgraag.nl/vakantie_peru/nieuws/witte-kerst-voor-joran-van-de-sloot-in-peru/

Googe translation

White Christmas for the Sloot Joran in Peru
Issued: December 23, 2011

LIMA - The imiddels 1.5 years ago that Joran was arrested as a suspect in the murder of Stefany Flores. The strict security Peruvian prison in the capital Lima, he is locked in a special wing. Together with five other inmates he spends his time making rozenkransjes and snorting cocaine. Despite the climate in Peru Joran is still a white Christmas.

Van der Sloot has been known to murder and there is 25 years imprisonment demanded. Besides this murder he is widely found guilty of the murder of Natalee Holloway in 2005, but here are never found evidence.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: December 23, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »

http://www.reisgraag.nl/vakantie_peru/nieuws/witte-kerst-voor-joran-van-de-sloot-in-peru/

Googe translation

LIMA - The imiddels 1.5 years ago that Joran was arrested as a suspect in the murder of Stefany Flores. The strict security Peruvian prison in the capital Lima, he is locked in a special wing. Together with five other inmates he spends his time making rozenkransjes and snorting cocaine. Despite the climate in Peru Joran is still a white Christmas.

Van der Sloot has been known to murder and there is 25 years imprisonment demanded. Besides this murder he is widely found guilty of the murder of Natalee Holloway in 2005, but here are never found evidence.

If that's true, is it so wrong to wish he'll overdose?   Monkey Devil! 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: December 23, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »

Googe translation

If that's true, is it so wrong to wish he'll overdose?   Monkey Devil! 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: December 23, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: December 23, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.