April 27, 2024, 09:20:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars - Season 13 - J.R. Martinez Mirror Ball Trophy Winner!  (Read 728624 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1800 on: November 07, 2011, 10:30:40 PM »

Goodnight Everyone.  See you tomorrow night.

Good night & Sweet dreams  an angelic monkey

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1801 on: November 07, 2011, 10:30:53 PM »

Booooo on you Len!  

Send lazy big butt Kardashian home you meany!

Nancy works 10 times harder than he does!

The judges probably just sent Nancy home.

She does work harder than Rob.  Nancy is about 53 and Rob is 24.  30 year difference and she works 5 times harder than Rob and Nancy has two kids to take care of.

I'm still mad about the "6".  Seriously Len?  

I don't think the dance is what made him do that, I think it was the cartwheel and begging towards the judges at the end.  She was just trying to make the best of what she knew was not a perfect dance, like she'd wanted.  But take that away and it was at least a 7, maybe even an 8 imo.

But that's jmo...  

The point I was trying to make is others had stops and starts or other issues with the instant dance, but it didn't cost them like it did Nancy and Tristan.

It's almost like they gave her low scores to make sure she doesn't come back next week.

Yes, it is.  

I hope everyone votes, and just maybe that won't happen.

If it does, oh well...Nancy's come further than I would have ever imagined.

She can hold her head high.

See everyone tomorrow night!  Off to the other boards!  

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1802 on: November 07, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »

Hi Guys!

I read your comments while I am going through the reruns (I don't want to miss an episode), so even though I am not in the right time, I still see what you write and appreciate your comments.

Hi Bearly.  Let us know if you agree with what we said.

Thanks, TM!

San, I think you guys should be judges.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1803 on: November 08, 2011, 07:31:18 AM »

Booooo on you Len!  

Send lazy big butt Kardashian home you meany!

Nancy works 10 times harder than he does!

The judges probably just sent Nancy home.

She sure does work hard.  7 to 8 hours a day, 7 days a week! 

Critique yes, rudeness uncalled for! 

Thanks for all the comments you provide weekly Monkeys! 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1804 on: November 08, 2011, 07:33:01 AM »

Hi Guys!

I read your comments while I am going through the reruns (I don't want to miss an episode), so even though I am not in the right time, I still see what you write and appreciate your comments.

Hi Bearly.  Let us know if you agree with what we said.

Thanks, TM!

San, I think you guys should be judges.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1805 on: November 08, 2011, 08:41:46 AM »

Final judges scores.

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/DANCING-WITH-THE-STARS-Showdown-Double-Trouble-20111107
DANCING WITH THE STARS Showdown: Double Trouble!
November 7, 2011

There's a fairly good recap of the night in this article.

Tomorrow night, tune in while the semi-finalists are revealed along with performances from Andra Boccelli and more!

Read more: http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/DANCING-WITH-THE-STARS-Showdown-Double-Trouble-20111107#ixzz1d7YKrFv2
Final Judges' Scores:

J.R. Martinez and Karina: 60/60
Ricki Lake and Derek: 52/60
Hope Solo and Maks: 52/60
Rob Kardashian and Cheryl: 51/60
Nancy Grace and Tristan: 44/60

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1806 on: November 08, 2011, 08:48:42 AM »

Posting the article, FWIW.  (Frankly, I'm glad we'll be spared Ms. Kim's appearance IF she stays away.  After all, this shouldn't be about her, imo)  Being a Kardashian might be handy for Rob at times, but the more I think about it and the more I've watched, it works against him many times.  His dancing has improved since earlier days on this season's DWTS.  JMHO

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/11/07/kim-kardashian-dancing-with-the-stars-rob-kardashian/
Kim Kardashian Will Not Support Rob At ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Tonight!
November 8, 2011

The entire Kardashian clan will be in the audience cheering on Rob, but Kim will remain in hiding. Does this make her a bad sister?
HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that Kim Kardashian will not be in the Dancing with the Stars audience on Nov. 7 to support her baby brother Rob Kardashian.  Everyone in their reality TV show clan will be there: Kourtney Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, Bruce Jenner, Kris Jenner and even baby Mason!

The fight for the mirrorball trophy is in high-gear and it’s down to the final five couples on tonight’s episode! Despite the recent divorce controversy surrounding the Kardashian family, Rob has persevered and has done his best to not let it affect his dancing on the reality competition show.
 ::snipping2::
There's a poll at the end of the article where you can vote:  "Do you think it's wrong of Kim to not support Rob?"

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1807 on: November 08, 2011, 08:54:15 AM »

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2011/11/dancing_with_the_stars_recap_m_1.html
'Dancing with the Stars' recap: Military veteran earns two perfect scores
November 8, 2011

'Dancing with the Stars' contestant JR Martinez performs with his partner Karina Smirnoff

Military veteran J.R. Martinez set one goal before his performance last night on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ – earn the season’s first perfect score for his waltz with partner Karina Smirnoff.

Martinez not only achieved his goal, he exceeded it, earning two sets of perfect judges scores for his prepared dance and his instant dance. Former talk show host Ricki Lake earned a nearly perfect score for her prepared waltz, but couldn’t match Martinez’s instant jive.

Judge Carrie Ann Inaba told Martinez he was in “a class all (his) own” after seeing his electric jive, while judge Bruno Tonioli told Martinez his performance was “sensational” with “impeccable timing.”

When Martinez performed his waltz, judge Len Goodman critiqued the performance using military terminology.

“Each week is a battle,” said Goodman, who is notoriously the toughest judge. “Last week, you retreated a little. This week you came back all guns blazing.”
 ::snipping2::Talk show host and former prosecutor Nancy Grace performed a decent tango with partner Tristan MacManus, but the judges did not appreciate her quick step. Goodman went so far as to call for her departure from the show.

“It’s a Cinderella story,” Goodman said. “You came to the ball and lasted eight weeks. Now it’s midnight and it’s time to go home.” 

Tune in to ABC tonight at 9 p.m. to see which couple will not make it to the competition’s semi-final round.

The Contestant’s Prepared and Instant Dance Scores:

• Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy – 27, 25

• J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff – 30, 30

• Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus – 24, 20

• Ricki Lake and Derek Hough – 28, 24

• Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke – 27, 24

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1808 on: November 08, 2011, 08:58:07 AM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20543233,00.html
David Arquette Finding His Rhythm After Dancing with the Stars
November 7, 2011

Despite his elimination from Dancing with the Stars, David Arquette says things are looking up.

"Everything is really good," the actor told PEOPLE at the Malaria No More International Honors event in New York on Sunday. "It all seems like there's a bigger picture and everything happens for a reason."

He adds: "I learned a lot from Dancing with the Stars. It was an amazing experience, a great opportunity for personal and physical growth."

Arquette also enjoyed the chance to have his daughter Coco, 7, in the audience with her mother, Courteney Cox. "[Coco] was amazing," Arquette said. "It was so beautiful to have her there. She had such a great time with the whole experience."

The Scream star, 40, says being voted off the show has one major benefit: "Now that I'm gone, I have a lot more time for myself."

His first post-Dancing step was a getaway to New York. "I just love New York," Arquette said. "I went upstate, which was beautiful. I just love the restaurants here in the city – there's such incredible food, the shopping's amazing."

Next, Arquette is turning his attention to opening a theater in Los Angeles – "with singing and dancing and grown-up puppets" – and making his directorial debut on the big screen.

"I'm directing a film called Glutton, which is a thriller about a brother and a sister," he said of the project, which is in pre-production. "The brother is a 1,000-pound man who's confined to his bed."

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1809 on: November 08, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »

Carson is on GMA..he is sooooo funny!

morning everyone..see you back here tonight!

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1810 on: November 08, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »

‘Dancing With the Stars’ Week 8: New York dance experts judge the contestants  

Some of the most skilled pros in the city rate the stars solely on performance

BY Cristina Everett
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Originally Published: Tuesday, November 8 2011, 11:21 AM
Updated: Tuesday, November 8 2011, 2:24 PM

The judges of “Dancing With the Stars” — Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Len Goodman — sometimes judge with their hearts and not their heads.

Other times, it may be because a certain contestant is needed to remain on the show in order to boost ratings (cough, cough, Bristol Palin).

With the help of some of the best-skilled dance pros in the city, each week we judge this season’s contestants solely on how they perform: Did they kill it on the dance floor or do they have two left feet?

Mariana Parma has a B.A. in dance from Rutgers and was the 2008 USA Tango Champion. She specializes in Argentine tango and salsa and once coached Chita Rivera in tango for her role in the stage production of “Venecia.”

Steps on Broadway’s Pamela Pribisco teaches ballet and was previously the rehearsal director for the American Ballroom Theatre Company.

Ney Melo specializes in the Argentine tango. He originally was a Wall Street investment banker until the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, when he decided to pursue his love of dance full time. Now a world-renowned tango star, Melo is the guest maestro at the upcoming Firenze Tango Festival and Zadar Tango Festival in Croatia.

ROB KARDASHIAN
SCORE THE ‘DWTS’ JUDGES GAVE HIM: 51
SCORE OUR JUDGES GAVE HIM: 52

Mariana Parma: 9
Wow that was a quick quickstep. Great upper body frame connection with his partner and footwork.
INSTANT JIVE: 9
Definitely intense and fast. Overall, great footwork, and nice lines.

Pamela Pribisco: 9
Rob sparkled through the quickstep. He looked sleek and dashing. The carriage of his body is much improved and he danced with musical awareness.
INSTANT JIVE: 8
Shaky technique, but commendable performance for the time allotment.

Ney Melo: 9
This week, Rob and Cheryl danced a quickstep to 'Take on Me.' There seemed to be a bit of mixup in the beginning but it ended on a great note. Every week, Rob improves and it is clear he is a contender.
INSTANT JIVE: 8
I always say "if the song is good, then you have won half the battle". How can anyone go wrong to “Maneater” by Hall and Oates? Rob's feet were quick and his rhythm was good. It wasn't as technically precise as his first dance, but he did well overall.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/dancing-stars-week-8-york-dance-experts-judge-contestants-article-1.974298
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1811 on: November 08, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »

Posting the article, FWIW.  (Frankly, I'm glad we'll be spared Ms. Kim's appearance IF she stays away.  After all, this shouldn't be about her, imo)  Being a Kardashian might be handy for Rob at times, but the more I think about it and the more I've watched, it works against him many times.  His dancing has improved since earlier days on this season's DWTS.  JMHO

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/11/07/kim-kardashian-dancing-with-the-stars-rob-kardashian/
Kim Kardashian Will Not Support Rob At ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Tonight!
November 8, 2011

The entire Kardashian clan will be in the audience cheering on Rob, but Kim will remain in hiding. Does this make her a bad sister?
HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that Kim Kardashian will not be in the Dancing with the Stars audience on Nov. 7 to support her baby brother Rob Kardashian.  Everyone in their reality TV show clan will be there: Kourtney Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, Bruce Jenner, Kris Jenner and even baby Mason!

The fight for the mirrorball trophy is in high-gear and it’s down to the final five couples on tonight’s episode! Despite the recent divorce controversy surrounding the Kardashian family, Rob has persevered and has done his best to not let it affect his dancing on the reality competition show.
There's a poll at the end of the article where you can vote:  "Do you think it's wrong of Kim to not support Rob?"

Could you image Kim going to the show and showing how much of a fake she is.  She needs to show people she is really upset about her marriage. 
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1812 on: November 08, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »

Hi all, sorry I had to duck out early last night.  Not even sure how much time I can get in here tonight.  Just been a "needy time" for my son.  He goes through days when he doesn't know I exist, and then all of a sudden he has to be on top of my head!

Last night I was feeling a bit crappy with the show, just could not get over what I was percieving as negativity.   And then when Len made the mean comment to Nancy I literally had to change the channel until the next dance.  I could NEVER hurt anyone's feelings like that, even if they were mean to me.   I remember once my then four year old asked me if I would be a Montessori Teacher.   He explained that it was really easy...all you had to do was tell people to go to the end of the line and to always say people's work was nice even if it was only "scribble scrabble".   Somehow, Len missed that lesson. I think I have heard Len say mean things like that before.   

I took Nancy's bravado as her sense of humor, like what we allow for Carson, David, Bruno, etc.   Not everyone gets everyone else, who cares?  One of our goals in life is to make others feel comfortable in our presence.   Shame on Len.

Sorry for my tirade...I was really hurt and taken aback last night.  Today is another day.  I can only hope against hope Len apologizes.  It doesn't mean he wasn't right, it means he had no business making such a personal snide remark.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1813 on: November 08, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »

Hi all, sorry I had to duck out early last night.  Not even sure how much time I can get in here tonight.  Just been a "needy time" for my son.  He goes through days when he doesn't know I exist, and then all of a sudden he has to be on top of my head!

Last night I was feeling a bit crappy with the show, just could not get over what I was percieving as negativity.   And then when Len made the mean comment to Nancy I literally had to change the channel until the next dance.  I could NEVER hurt anyone's feelings like that, even if they were mean to me.   I remember once my then four year old asked me if I would be a Montessori Teacher.   He explained that it was really easy...all you had to do was tell people to go to the end of the line and to always say people's work was nice even if it was only "scribble scrabble".   Somehow, Len missed that lesson. I think I have heard Len say mean things like that before.   

I took Nancy's bravado as her sense of humor, like what we allow for Carson, David, Bruno, etc.   Not everyone gets everyone else, who cares?  One of our goals in life is to make others feel comfortable in our presence.   Shame on Len.

Sorry for my tirade...I was really hurt and taken aback last night.  Today is another day.  I can only hope against hope Len apologizes.  It doesn't mean he wasn't right, it means he had no business making such a personal snide remark.

Terri don't let Len's comments get to you.  I'm sure Nancy didn't let him get her down.  Nancy is having fun and she is giving it her all.  At least Nancy is trying which is more than I can say for Hope and Rob.

Len is just nasty and he has always been that way and he isn't going to change.

I look forward to the results show tonight to watch the stars comments after their dance.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1814 on: November 08, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »

Well, I've got to say this person has a much different opinion then I do about Hope Solo winning DWTS. 

http://blog.sfgate.com/abraham/2011/11/08/dancing-with-the-stars-hope-solo-for-the-win/
Dancing With The Stars, Hope Solo For The Win
November 8, 2011

This blogger’s still picking U.S. Women’s Soccer Star Hope Solo to win Dancing With The Stars, especially after last night’s performance, which caused her to earn her best scores to date: all 9 from the judges and a 27 total.

YEAH! Go Hope!

Ok, she’s got mean competition from Ricki Lake and JR Martinez, but, like a championship NFL Team in the 4th Quarter, Hop Solo’s peaking at the right time.

And now that she’s performing even better, and remains one of the few dancers, the media can’t ignore her! Take MTV, which reported that she’s “back in the game”:

More....

JMHO

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1815 on: November 08, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »

I hope NG does not spin around and expose her skitties, again, too much information

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1816 on: November 08, 2011, 08:54:42 PM »

Well, I've got to say this person has a much different opinion then I do about Hope Solo winning DWTS. 

http://blog.sfgate.com/abraham/2011/11/08/dancing-with-the-stars-hope-solo-for-the-win/
Dancing With The Stars, Hope Solo For The Win
November 8, 2011

This blogger’s still picking U.S. Women’s Soccer Star Hope Solo to win Dancing With The Stars, especially after last night’s performance, which caused her to earn her best scores to date: all 9 from the judges and a 27 total.

YEAH! Go Hope!

Ok, she’s got mean competition from Ricki Lake and JR Martinez, but, like a championship NFL Team in the 4th Quarter, Hop Solo’s peaking at the right time.

And now that she’s performing even better, and remains one of the few dancers, the media can’t ignore her! Take MTV, which reported that she’s “back in the game”:

More....
   JMHO
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1817 on: November 08, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-dancing-with-the-stars-week-8-20111108,0,5179590.photogallery
Dancing with the Stars Week 8

'Dancing With the Stars' Week 8
( Adam Taylor/ABC )
Cheryl Burke and Rob Kardashian perform a ballroom dance.

Dancing With the Stars' Week 8
( Adam Taylor/ABC )
Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke perform the 'instant dance.'

( Adam Taylor/ABC )
Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus perform a ballroom dance.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1818 on: November 08, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-dancing-with-the-stars-week-8-20111108,0,5179590.photogallery

( Adam Taylor/ABC )
Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus perform the 'instant dance.'

( Adam Taylor/ABC )
J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff perform a ballroom dance.

( Adam Taylor/ABC )
J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff perform the 'instant dance.'

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1819 on: November 08, 2011, 09:02:43 PM »

( Adam Taylor/ABC )
Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy perform a ballroom dance.

( Adam Taylor/ABC )
Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy perform the 'instant dance.'

( Adam Taylor/ABC )
Ricki Lake and Derek Hough perform a ballroom dance.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.