April 27, 2024, 03:46:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stepha Henry 22 NY last seen FL 5/07-Man chgd w/ murder waiting for trial  (Read 38386 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 12:16:18 PM »

Quote from: "SteveDinMD"
As relating to the case of Stepha Henry, it doesn’t seem that it should be so difficult to solve. She was driven to the nightclub from which she disappeared by a “friend.” When interviewed by police, the “friend” claimed to have left the club without Stepha and without the car. Police have yet to locate the car or determine who owned it. The “friend” claimed that he borrowed the car from a “friend of a friend.” Ok, who believes this nonsensical story??

It should take at most 20 minutes for investigators to trace ownership of the vehicle, assuming the “friend’s” story were true. That they have been unable to do so invites further questions:

1) “If you abandoned the car at the club, how did you get home?”

2) “Having supposedly abandoned the car where you parked it that night, what ever happened to it?”

3) “What did you do with the car keys?”

4) “Who lent you the car in the first place?”

5) “Weren’t you concerned about being unable to return the car to the friend whom you borrowed it from?”

Beyond this, who in the world borrows a car without knowing who owns it??? In all likelihood, this young woman is dead, and the odds are approximately 999 to 1 that the “friend” is either responsible or knows what happened. I don’t know, but it appears as though the investigators in this case are graduates of the Aruban Police Academy.

Good post. I agree, I can only hope the cops know the answers to the questions you have posed, and are waiting for the guy/perp to return to where he dumped her. Then they will likely have more of a case.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 01:34:11 AM »

Tim Miller & Texas EquuSearch Helping Search for Stepha Henry in Florida

http://missingexploited.com/2007/07/04/tim-miller-texas-equusearch-helping-search-for-stepha-henry-in-florida/

Tim Miller stated that the family of Stepha Miller asked us if we could not help bring their daughter home. Tim stated, “that law enforcement has been extremely cooperative in mapping a plan of action to search for Stepha”. We just want to bring Stepha home to her family, said Tim Miller”.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Tim Miller & Texas EquuSearch Helping Search for Stepha Henry in Florida

http://missingexploited.com/2007/07/04/tim-miller-texas-equusearch-helping-search-for-stepha-henry-in-florida/

Tim Miller stated that the family of Stepha Miller asked us if we could not help bring their daughter home. Tim stated, “that law enforcement has been extremely cooperative in mapping a plan of action to search for Stepha”. We just want to bring Stepha home to her family, said Tim Miller”.

Good Evening Red - well I am very happy to hear this.  Anytime Tim Miller gets involved is a huge plus.  Let's all just pray that the family gets answers.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 11:45:47 PM »

Great news.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 01:07:48 AM »

I just hate that the media isn't covering this story - it's a cross between Natalee and Immette St. Gillen...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 08:50:31 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/2zsn8r

Sherri Winston: Where is Stepha Henry?
Published July 4, 2007, 10:18 AM EDT

Where is Stepha Henry?

She is the beautiful 22-year-old college student who came to South Florida for Memorial Day weekend and vanished after being last seen at a Sunrise nightclub.

Her mother, Sylvia Henry, is trapped in an unimaginable chrysalis of hope and fear. Tucked away in a tidy North Miami Beach condo belonging to her sister, Sylvia Henry has resolved not to return to her Brooklyn home until her daughter is found.

"It's my daughter," she says, "I need to know what has happened to my daughter."

It is the middle of the afternoon. Sun streams into the unlit room. Idyllic, it all appears, until you note the grief tattooed on the mother's edges — in her eyes and her body language, in what she says and does not say. "The pain and agony every day. Waking up and not seeing my daughter …" she says before drifting into silence.

I want to reach out and say something — do something. I've been inundated with the horrific story of Jessie Davis, the Ohio single mother who went missing only to be found murdered.

I ask Mrs. Henry if she'd seen the coverage. Quietly, she responds, "Yes."

Did disparity in media attention for her daughter's disappearance and other missing girls concern her?

"Yes, I was … am concerned. I'm calling the media. They call me. But when they call, they ask if there's anything new. They will only do something if there is something new," she says.

Her silent pauses make me cringe. To her this isn't a puzzling mystery, a novelty, a story — it's the life of her little girl. Stepha was a member of step-dancing groups in high school. Stepha was a criminal justice graduate who is supposed to be preparing for her LSAT.

Sylvia Henry rattles off a list of words to describe her daughter:

Spunky, friendly, diverse, responsible and intelligent.

Another word to describe Stepha Henry is missing.

Where is Stepha Henry?

She is not on the cover of People magazine, like the beautiful little British girl who went missing while on vacation with her parents. And she is not leading the 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock … news cycles on cable. She is not among the top items on local news.

Natalee Holloway. Jessie Davis. Laci Peterson. Elizabeth Smart. JonBenet Ramsey. Unless you've been under a rock or in near complete media isolation for the past several years, you know the names. Women, girls, children whose disappearances, abductions, murders or reappearances made national news.

How about some more names:

Kireasha Pam Linkhorne. Marci Crane. Shirley Geanes.

These are women, mothers, daughters who went missing around the same time. Black women whose disappearances did not become household chatter. Women named in an '06 Essence magazine article on the topic of the glaring difference the national and local media makes between the disappearance of black and white women.

"The evidence suggests that there is a clear disparity in the media coverage of black and white women," says Georgia Goslee, a Maryland-based attorney representing the Henry family.

Sylvia Henry is making in-roads. Stepha's photo and information appears on Web sites for Nancy Grace and America's Most Wanted. Stepha's story is due to air at 8 tonight on CNN's Nancy Grace.

Miami-Dade police Cmdr. Linda O'Brien says she is passionate about finding Stepha Henry. "We feel foul play is involved. It's not like she decided without telling anybody to go to some other city and visit friends," she says.

The police continue to search for a four-door, dark-colored Acura Integra. "We keep talking to people, looking for information."

As a mother, Stepha Henry's absence makes me sick. As a black mother, the media's lackadaisical approach infuriates me. As a human being, I join Sylvia Henry, Georgia Goslee and Cmdr. O'Brien in asking the only question that matters:

Where is Stepha Henry?

Sherri Winston can be reached at swinston@sun-sentinel.com or 954-356-4476.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »

Trying Process for Families of Missing

Wednesday, July 18, 2007; 7:07 AM

NEW YORK -- Two days after their daughter disappeared during a trip to the Miami area, Steve and Sylvia Henry left their New York home for Florida in search of answers. That was seven weeks ago.

Bills quickly piled up, forcing Steve Henry to return to New York to his job building transit trains. His wife stayed behind in Florida to look for Stepha, 22.

"I don't want to think the worst," Steve Henry said. "I want my daughter alive. I don't entertain a thought to say the worst happened to her because I want her back home alive.

"We have to go through this each day," he went on. "It's hard. Very, very hard."

Their experience echoes those of families elsewhere dealing with the endless questions about what happened to their missing loved ones. But the anxiety often goes beyond the grief typically associated with such tragedies.

In the case of the Henrys, Sylvia had to put her bank job in New York on hold while she helps with the search. She lives more than 1,000 miles apart from her husband and their other daughter. Her day consists of handing out fliers, praying and reading the Bible and talking to news media and police.

There's also the financial burden of committing so much effort to finding a missing loved one.

Dave Holloway estimates his family spent nearly $15,000 the week his daughter Natalee disappeared during a 2005 high school graduation trip to Aruba. His first cell phone bill after her disappearance was $2,500, although the cell phone company reduced it to about $1,600.

The family has spent tens of thousands of dollars for lawyers on unsuccessful wrongful death lawsuits against suspects. Although police arrested several men early in the case, including three with whom Natalee was last seen leaving a bar, they were released.

There's also the emotional toll. Holloway said he no longer hunts, or swims or tinkers in the yard as much as he did before his daughter's disappearance.

"You get up thinking about it in the morning. It enters your mind all day long until you go to bed at night," Holloway said. "There's not an hour that goes by that it doesn't cross your mind. You think maybe today will be the day."

Although Natalee Holloway's disappearance received much more attention than Stepha Henry's, there are similarities.

>>>>>>The Complete Article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/18/AR2007071800401.html

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 03:26:01 PM »

There is a terrible burden on the families of the missing. It seems like someone could set up a foundation somewhere to help with a family's expenses in times like these. I know people donate money sometimes, but that seems to bring so much criticism down on a family when they really don't need it. There are all kind of foundations to help families of seriously ill children. It's time to do something for the families of the missing. It seems like their numbers are growing week by week.
I just can't imagine having to worry about money when one of my loved ones was missing. I feel so bad for Dave, and for Stepha Henry's family. This is just another way these families are victimized.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 10:48:20 AM »

Not to mention that old phrase of 'time heals all wounds' I suppose in a situation as Dave Holloway described --- not really.  It is truly sad to hear how he feels every day - EVERY DAY - into words.  So many with no closure or still waiting for closure.  Unthinkable.

And now Stepha's mom is basically putting her life on hold as well.  It is such a strain on the finances, family, emotions, etc.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 06:09:49 PM »

i agree Sleeks it gets very frustrating. Often the reasons why or why not things are done in so many missing persons cases are hard to understand. This case, Natalee's of course, and even the missing Mccann girl. Now they will not be able to question the main suspect in that case this week, there is not time? WTH?

I am all for preserving  the rights of all possible suspects in any case. But the victims have rights too.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 07:20:40 PM »

Today is July 30th, 2007 and still no news on Stepha Henry... Sad

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 03:31:34 PM »

Today is July 30th, 2007 and still no news on Stepha Henry... Sad

Sad

No MuffyBee. And since I'm in the area, I check frequently.

There was a prayer vigil in Kendall about 2 weeks ago (which is in west MiamiDade County and no where near where Stepha was last seen). Her mom and family (an aunt, I think) have been on the news and said they are just going everywhere -- and anyone or anyplace that will help them pray and get the word out and help them find Stepha is fine with them. They have passed out fliers and anything else to keep Stepha's name out there.

This didn't sound like it should be that hard in the beginning (sound familiar?). Just find the guy that picked her up to take her to the bar.

There is nothing on the news about him. There is NOTHING on the news about the car.

All I've heard is that 'no one saw her leave the nightclub'.

When it was reported that TES was coming to help, there was a comment made that the investigation was leaning towards harm or foul play -- and they were in recovery mode rather than rescue. I don't know why.

We have many, many canals and waterways here. It is not uncommon, unfortunately, for a car to end up in one. Many times, accidentally. Sometimes not so much. It was said on TV that grids were being setup for canal searching. I don't know why.

I don't know what to think about the lack of 'reported' news. Is it being held back? Or do they not know?

Whenever her mom is on tv I cry Sad No one should have to go though this. The not knowing.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »

I could not agree more Sharon.  And Sharon it does sound all too familiar.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 01:19:16 PM »

Waiting for 'The View'

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

By Greta Van Susteren

>>>>>SNIPPED

If you watched last night and the night before, we have driven home a common point: Police need to be in closer contact with families of crime victims. Two nights ago, missing Stepha Henry's mother was on our show and she is in enormous pain of not knowing about her missing daughter. The pain seeps through the camera. The pain is bad and we should look towards trying to help this woman and others similarly situated. One easy — but not perfect — way is for the police to have more contact with the families. I am not suggesting that police tip their hands about investigations - it is important to keep matters close to the vest in an investigation - but rather to stay in constant (even daily) contact with families. I keep pushing this: Assign a rookie cop to call the family once a day for 2 minutes. It will help the family (they will realize the police do care and they do) and it will create a life long empathy in a young police officer that will enrich his or her performance on the job. Two minutes is not going to take away from the other responsibilities of a police officer — in fact, it could be done while drinking a cup of coffee (called multi tasking!) Not all crimes can be solved, but there are simple ways to help ease the pain. Showing you care is one of them. It also eliminates what we see often — people getting mad at the police and being a police officer is a tough and important job.

>>>>>>>>The Full Commentary

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291728,00.html

FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 04:50:07 AM »

Clearly the friend knew that the car would be of forensic interest and hid it somewhere because he knew the evidence would be used against him. I wonder about the cell phone signals: why did they end at the club? Was she carrying a purse that night? Many women go to clubs without any handbag: if so, the cell phone would always be with her. Why were the signals not investigated by the police more carefully?

This cavalier attitude of 'I borrowed a car from somebody and didn't worry about returning it and just walked away from it' is clearly the attitude of someone who was involved in a murder.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »

I hurt right along with this poor woman. Her pain is so evident, and it makes me cry when I see her on TV.
I cannot imagine the hell she's going through, and it seems that if a small thing -  like a phone call -could ease her pain in any way, then that's not too much to ask.

God Bless this family, and Stepha.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 11:28:53 PM »

Parents Get Help In Fight To Find Stepha Henry
(CBS4) SOUTH FLORIDA The Stepha Henry Fund received $5,000 from a South Florida car dealership and radio station to help in the search of Sepha Henry who went missing last May.

Police say Henry was visiting South Florida with a friend spending time with relatives and taking advantage of the activities surrounding Hip-Hop weekend. She and an acquaintance visited Peppers club in Ft. Lauderdale, and while she was seen inside the club, she dropped out of sight afterward.

The grad student did not contact her family, and police do not know where she is.

Henry’s parents have relocated to South Florida from New York to continue the search . Esserman Nissan and 99 JAMZ have stepped up to help. A Nissan Altima has been loaned to the family for two months, including fuel, and the two companies contributed $5,000 to the Stepha Henry Reward Fund to help the Henry’s with their search.

Syliva Henry said, " I'm not losing hope. The good Lord will help?"

Anyone with information on Stepha Henry can contact Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_214183211.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 12:46:31 PM »

I heard on the evening news last night that 2 of our local radio stations are doing something to help Stepha's family....I saw it scroll by the screen very quickly again this morning.

I can't get a handle on what they're doing, though Sad

Hot 105 is one of the stations.

I'm not finding anything in the papers (Sun Sentinel or Miami Herald) or on the HOT 105 site --

I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment, but I will look again this evening to see if I can find out the 'specifics'.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »

Laughing Laughing Laughing

muffybee! Thanks!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 01:49:21 PM »

I'm so glad that some wonderful people have stepped up to help this family. That has to help ease the pain somewhat. God Bless those businesses for helping this family when they need it most.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.