April 27, 2024, 06:50:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stepha Henry 22 NY last seen FL 5/07-Man chgd w/ murder waiting for trial  (Read 38389 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 12:00:23 PM »

Parents Of Stepha Henry Get Help In Their Search
http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_218104206.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 08:30:57 PM »

I hope they find her soon, how sad for this young woman.  I am glad the family is getting help...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 09:21:08 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/story/194817.html

MIAMI
Family seeks help finding daughter

Local radio stations have teamed up with Esserman Nissan in Miami to spread the word about a missing 22-year-old woman.

Posted on Tue, Aug. 07, 2007Digg it del.icio.us reprint or license print email
BY ROBBYN MITCHELL
rmitchell@MiamiHerald.com

Sylvia Henry prepared small mountains of curry chicken and roti to encourage someone to come forward with information about her missing daughter, Stepha.

Henry, along with her husband and younger daughter, spent Monday at Esserman Nissan in Miami talking to the media and residents, taking donations and serving food to radio listeners who were drawn by the family's pleas.

''The best thing is that this will increase the reward for information,'' she said. ``That will really help because somebody out there knows something.''

So far the family and community organizations have raised $11,000.

Stepha Henry, a 22-year-old Brooklyn resident and a graduate of New York's John Jay College of Criminal Justice, disappeared on May 29 after being seen at Peppers Cafe in Sunrise about 1 a.m.

During her annual Memorial Day visit to her aunt's home in Miami Gardens, she told her mother she was getting a ride from a friend's brother-in-law.

The 5-foot-2, 110-pound woman with auburn hair was picked up in a dark four-door Acura Integra that night.

That was the last time her family saw her.

Sylvia Henry left her Brooklyn home to try to find her daughter in early June and has been in South Florida since then trying to find ways to reach out to the community to aid in her search.

She did a radio interview on Cox Radio's WHQT-FM 105.1 and caught the attention of Chris Assmar, general manager of Esserman Nissan and a longtime advertiser with the radio station.

''After I heard the interview, I went and Googled Stepha and was disturbed about how little media coverage she had been given,'' Assmar said.

So he contacted the station and set up a fundraiser for reward money at the dealership, which also donated $5,000 to the Stepha Henry Fund. Esserman also vowed to donate $200 to the fund from every vehicle sold during the event.

But the main objective of the event was media coverage, to keep Stepha's name on the mind of the public.

''When Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba, I felt like I knew her because her family was on TV every night talking about her it seemed,'' said Jerry Rushin, vice president and general manger of WEDR-FM and WHQT-FM, which co-sponsored the event. Both stations broadcast live at the dealership from 1 to 8 p.m.

''We're just trying to get that kind of exposure for Stepha,'' Rushin said. ``I've seen it a 1,000 times. Once you put the call out on the radio, the community will respond.''

''It's good to see so many different types of media in one place,'' said Steve Henry, Stepha's father. ``It should help us bring her home.''

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »

Has there been any kind of information regarding questioning the person she went to the party with that "lost" the car he drove to the party?  Seems like that person holds the key to where she is or what happened.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 11:34:03 AM »

Has there been any kind of information regarding questioning the person she went to the party with that "lost" the car he drove to the party?  Seems like that person holds the key to where she is or what happened.

NOTHING that they are saying on the news, jennifer34.

So I don't know if they're withholding reporting about it, or if they haven't asked him yet Rolling Eyes

I'm local to the area so I do a search every few days on our local news sites -- plus what is braodcast on our local news.

Nada. Zero. Zilch. Confused

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 11:45:59 AM »

Surely they have Sharon.  That has to be the obvious place to start.  Seems like they would have been able to get something on this person by now. 

How frustrating for her family.  I bet her dad would like to have a heart to heart talk with that guy.  KWIM.  I know my dad would.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »

I tell you what fellow monkeys - it is too much like Natalee.  They first knew to look at Joran and what happened???

Same thing here, who is this person, a relative of LE or what??? 

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2007, 10:17:08 AM »

Surely they have Sharon.  That has to be the obvious place to start.  Seems like they would have been able to get something on this person by now. 

How frustrating for her family.  I bet her dad would like to have a heart to heart talk with that guy.  KWIM.  I know my dad would.

Oh, I agree jennifer. They MUST have.

They're just not reporting anything about it. At least not here in Miami on the local news. There is a 'blurb' on the local news almost everyday about Stepha. But more about what the community can do and is doing to help her family get the word out.

NOTHING about the guy who picked her up -- and NOTHING about the car.

Other than what they reported in the first few days. Wasn't his car. He borrowed it. He doesn't know where the car is. He lost track of Stepha in the Ft Lauderdale club.

If you are hearing or reading anything else, please post it.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2007, 01:18:30 PM »

I tell you what fellow monkeys - it is too much like Natalee.  They first knew to look at Joran and what happened???

ITA!   This guy knows what happened. He isn't telling anyone anything, to save his own neck.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2007, 03:31:55 PM »

ITA!   This guy knows what happened. He isn't telling anyone anything, to save his own neck.

And they haven't EVER released his name. That I have found.

Or I would go visit him and ask him myself  Very Happy

I mean -- wtf -- you picked the young woman up in a borrowed car, lost track of her in the club -- and you don't know where the car is???

Is that Ft Lauderdale speak for 'I left her sleeping on the beach'???

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2007, 03:41:46 PM »

And they haven't EVER released his name. That I have found.

Or I would go visit him and ask him myself  Very Happy

I mean -- wtf -- you picked the young woman up in a borrowed car, lost track of her in the club -- and you don't know where the car is???

Is that Ft Lauderdale speak for 'I left her sleeping on the beach'???

So True Sharon.  How ridiculous.  Maybe LE will just wait for this nut to leave the country too. Laughing

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

Stepha Henry Reward Increases to $15,000

http://tinyurl.com/36739q

"The mother of Stepha Henry has moved to Miami to find her daughter."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2007, 07:16:23 PM »

Bump

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2007, 09:13:48 AM »

They were supposed to hold a vigil for Stepha the other night in NYC.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2007, 10:51:46 AM »

I bet Stepha's family knows the name of that guy.  Wink

I wish I could go down there and help her look for her child. She is living every parent's nightmare, but she seems to be strong like Beth. I hope she gets the answers she needs.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2007, 08:53:34 AM »

Not a great article -- just another 'Stepha's not white and blond' opinion.

But there was a statement in there I had not read before --- interesting  Shocked.

(I have not seen any updates about the decomposed body found in Southwest Ranches -- I rhink I may contact the paper or the writer next week)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/editorial/sfl-editajjcolumnnbsep02,0,4747877.story

The case is in the hands of an "incredible team " of investigators, said Commander Linda O'Brien, of the Miami-Dade Police Department, the agency handling the case. They have searched canals and interviewed a number of people, including the man who Stepha drove off with. But he's not a suspect, O'Brien said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2007, 09:16:37 AM »

Not a great article -- just another 'Stepha's not white and blond' opinion.

But there was a statement in there I had not read before --- interesting  Shocked.

(I have not seen any updates about the decomposed body found in Southwest Ranches -- I rhink I may contact the paper or the writer next week)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/editorial/sfl-editajjcolumnnbsep02,0,4747877.story

The case is in the hands of an "incredible team " of investigators, said Commander Linda O'Brien, of the Miami-Dade Police Department, the agency handling the case. They have searched canals and interviewed a number of people, including the man who Stepha drove off with. But he's not a suspect, O'Brien said.

sharon ~  I'm glad you read through the article I posted and gleaned an interesting tidbit of information from it.  Sharp eyes and good memory Smile sharon.  Perhaps the media likes the rich, white girl stories, but so many of us care about all the missing, no matter their race or background.  I find that there are just so MANY missing people.  And how to keep the message out there for them, day after day.  I'm thinking using the internet like this is the answer, plus good folks like you Sharon that keep on working the cases.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2007, 08:12:42 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/09/09/2007-09-09_mom_cooks_for_fundraiser_to_find_daughte.html

Mom cooks for fund-raiser to find daughter missing in Florida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BY VERONIKA BELENKAYA
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, September 9th 2007, 4:00 AM

Stepha Henry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing at the stove in her Brooklyn apartment yesterday, Sylvia Henry prepared white rice and thought of her daughter.

But instead of making a joyful family dinner, Henry was cooking for a fund-raiser to increase the reward offered for 22-year-old Stepha Henry, who disappeared May 29 while visiting relatives in Florida.

"I'm still hoping to see my daughter alive," said Henry. "It's been more than three months, and we have no answers."

Later yesterday, friends and supporters of the Henry family gathered at the Church Ave. Youth Culture Center in Flatbush to raise money by selling homemade Caribbean food.

"We decided to do something to increase the reward and to create a day of awareness in the community that she is still missing," Henry said.

"New Yorkers should care. She was a resident here and she loved this city."

Since the John Jay graduate's disappearance, her mother has quit her job as a banker and spends most of her time in Florida, raising money and handing out missing-person flyers.

Dozens of people turned out at the center yesterday, paying $15 for a tray of steaming food and hoping that the money will help in finding the young woman who was studying for her LSATs and working at John Jay before she vanished.

"I will always come to anything that can put more emphasis on finding Stepha," said co-worker Rulisa Galloway-Perry, 37. "You just can't help yourself but wanting to help."

vbelenkaya@nydailynews.com

2 4 1
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2007, 10:30:32 AM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flb3bdigest09143nbsep14,0,6083599.story

$17,000 reward offered in woman's disappearance at Sunrise club

September 14, 2007
Students, faculty and staff at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York have raised $2,000 to help find Stepha Henry.

Henry, 22, a recent graduate of the college, disappeared May 28 after last being sighted at Pepper's Cafe, a reggae club in Sunrise.

The funds will be awarded to anyone who comes forward with information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person involved in her disappearance.

The Henry family is also offering a reward of $15,000.

Contributions may be made to the John Jay College Foundation, Inc: Stepha Henry Reward Fund and mailed to John Jay College Foundation, 899 10th Ave., Room 623T, New York, NY 10019.

Anyone with information should contact Miami-Dade CrimeStoppers at 1-866-471-TIPS(8477).

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2007, 10:34:35 AM »

Sharon  This is just one of the many strange cases to date.  I know (as the rest of you) there is something really wrong that the last person known to have seen her, supposedly has no answers about Stepha or the car.  Mad

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.