March 29, 2024, 07:30:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #638 6/10 - 6/13/2007  (Read 171217 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: June 13, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Easy, here's another one:

Couple finishes restaurant meal while child tied in hot car

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/13/child.hot.car.ap/index.html

Waaahhhhh!!!!! That happened here and I'm sooooo embarrassed.  :oops Embarassed  Embarassed

Thank goodness the people in the restaurant called the police before the child had been trapped in that car long enough to die. I saw pics of the mom and her boyfriend on the local news, and they looked like something that had crawled out from under a rock.

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: June 13, 2007, 10:31:40 AM »

Rob thanks for the info you posted and that thread of discussion, I do have a lessons learned concern however; and I also was concerned the parents left their children alone while dining so please don't misinterpret but.....

1- I'd want to know "who" is doing all this checking at the bar, at the room windows, etc

2- Why not post the offending transcript from the blog? That makes no sense to me, just references to it but no samples? Has someone posted these elsewhere?

2- I think the portuguese police have been cited as slow to respond adequately, etc which raises some questions in my mind as lessons learned from Aruba LE.

3- I am not surprised one bit by the questions nor some who remind me of RU searching for some reason to hate/dislike the parents of this missing child. It is most unfortunate they did leave their children but I also caution lets not take any of this too seriously until one knows the source for the information and have that validated.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: June 13, 2007, 10:34:05 AM »

Poor Paris, people are now upset because they had been waiting for hours to visit their loved ones in jail and were sent away when Paris' visitors arrived and were taken straight in to see her.

The sheriff is also taking more heat for favoritism, because Paris is in the medical ward.

The 26-year-old celebrity was later ordered back to jail. She was sent to a medical ward, where sheriff's officials said it costs $1,109.78 a day to house a female inmate compared to $99.64 a day in the general population.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: June 13, 2007, 10:35:31 AM »

None...please check e-mail.

Good morning monkeys.... Very Happy

Easy, I am with you....I am waiting to see what will happen.
I have no problem with a mother saying that her child is kidnapped.
Whether they checked on the kids or not, if she goes back to the condo
after eating and one of the kids is missing, and there are signs of a break-in, I would say kidnapping.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #924 on: June 13, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Some of that message board talk is disturbing, but it is strangely reminiscent of the talk about Natalee’s family.  Some people love a good conspiracy theory and can pull all stops to come up with a storyline.  I’m going to take a wait and see on all of that.

I agree Easy, but for the most part they are very civil. The difference in the two cases is once the rumors were dispelled in Natalee's case the trolls refused to believe it even though there was ample evidence to prove that there was a propaganda machine responsible for the dis-information. In Madeleine's case there doesn't seem to be a 'campaign manager' hired by anyone but the McCann's.

I'm not saying they are involved, just that there are some aspects that raise some flags... that's all... in Natalee's case there are tons of coincidences that have nothing to do with anything, but yet they are there.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #925 on: June 13, 2007, 10:38:11 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
SkyNews says the Portuguese Police are investigating an area 9 miles from Madeleine went missing. On a tip from a Dutch source.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1270362,00.html

Nice work Rob!! You are all over this story!!

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #926 on: June 13, 2007, 10:39:16 AM »

Thanks MeMere, I will check but my internet is acting up off and on all morning? wonderful world of technology  Rolling Eyes

I can't even number correctly today either it appears  Laughing

Easy, why didn't Paris' momma take that child some homebaked cookies or cupcakes too?  Laughing

FYI, further in that article it states they typically close the visiting room at lunchtime and allow "visitors in high profile cases" to come during lunch? I just wanna know why mom didn't bring her something to eat !  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #927 on: June 13, 2007, 10:43:01 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
None...please check e-mail.

Good morning monkeys.... Very Happy

Easy, I am with you....I am waiting to see what will happen.
I have no problem with a mother saying that her child is kidnapped.
Whether they checked on the kids or not, if she goes back to the condo
after eating and one of the kids is missing, and there are signs of a break-in, I would say kidnapping.

There were definitely some serious mistakes made by the parents in my opinion, but I am not ready to publicly crucify them based upon what I am reading.  I have always thought it was and is a bad idea for a bunch of 18-year-olds to go to other countries that have vastly different laws about drugs and alcohol.  It’s just asking for trouble!  But, that is my opinion and I am not going to extrapolate my personal feelings forward into some strange conspiracy involving banking, incest and all the rest of the garbage some of these people have put forth.

In Natalee’s case the crime is pretty obvious to me and what happened afterward are the strangest things I have ever seen unfold in a missing person’s case.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #928 on: June 13, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »

Easy- Im not ready to hang the McCann's either. You mentioned all the things we all know and as parents we would not do.

For some reason people let their guards down on Vacation.... I don't know why. I'm as guilty as anyone. Believe me I learned my lesson.

I think it was a good idea Beth founded International Safe Travel. That was sorely needed.

Also, just to add, the people on the Mirror Board do not seem to be anything more than people who gathered info and made some decisioned based on the info. They have been accumulating info for about 45 days.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: June 13, 2007, 11:00:51 AM »

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/mcC070613nws

Dutch paper tipped off about Madeleine McCann by Sebastiaan Gottlieb*

13-06-2007

Leading Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf has received an anonymous letter containing clues regarding the whereabouts of the missing British girl Madeleine McCann. Police are taking the letter very seriously, because it was apparently written by the same person who last year sent a letter providing the exact location of the two murdered Belgian girls Stacey and Nathalie.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: June 13, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »

Easy- Im not ready to hang the McCann's either. You mentioned all the things we all know and as parents we would not do.

For some reason people let their guards down on Vacation.... I don't know why. I'm as guilty as anyone. Believe me I learned my lesson.

I think it was a good idea Beth founded International Safe Travel. That was sorely needed.

Also, just to add, the people on the Mirror Board do not seem to be anything more than people who gathered info and made some decisioned based on the info. They have been accumulating info for about 45 days.

I started seriously following missing persons cases with Jessica Lunsford.  It's been my observation that there are always plenty of people ready to blame the family in missing person cases.  The longer the person is missing the worse it gets.  In the case of Jessica Lunsford many had her family (father, and grandparents) guilty of incest and murder.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #931 on: June 13, 2007, 11:07:04 AM »

Here's a website with a bunch of missing people in Portugal. Someone had it in their sig line.

http://www.pj.pt/htm/Ingles/missing_person.htm

This is a planet wide problem.

+++

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #932 on: June 13, 2007, 11:08:52 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

13-06-2007

Leading Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf has received an anonymous letter containing clues regarding the whereabouts of the missing British girl Madeleine McCann. Police are taking the letter very seriously, because it was apparently written by the same person who last year sent a letter providing the exact location of the two murdered Belgian girls Stacey and Nathalie.

(snipped)

I read some of the comments below and one of them mention brians predictions.I looked at a few of his predictions in the past and I think he is a fraud!!

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #933 on: June 13, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »

I started seriously following missing persons cases with Jessica Lunsford.  It's been my observation that there are always plenty of people ready to blame the family in missing person cases.  The longer the person is missing the worse it gets.  In the case of Jessica Lunsford many had her family (father, and grandparents) guilty of incest and murder.

Klaas, not to disrupt anything here, but in most case stats show that children are harmed most often by their own parents.

Doesn't mean Gerry and Kate did anything but leave an opportunity that someone could capitalize on.

I agree that some people will blame the parents for anything.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: June 13, 2007, 11:11:42 AM »

Posted at that UK Madeline forum:

Some of the posts on here have made me cringe, but on the whole, it's a good forum with lots of good theories and (I think) decent people who just want to get to the bottom of it all. When there's very few facts, peoples imaginations, including my own, can run riot.

Madeline has been missing 41 days and they are saying this.  Natalee has been missing over 2 years.  Once a case isn't solved within the first week or so, imaginations start to take over.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #935 on: June 13, 2007, 11:11:43 AM »

Sounds to me, that Portugal has hired the same PR firm as Aruba and their misinformation posters, are hard at work, earning their money.

There's just no winning.  If your dirt poor, it's the seedy lifestyle and characters you're involved with.  If you have money and the means then it is some huge "make more money" conspiracy.

Link to Dutch reporter:

http://www.rnw.nl/rnmediadesk/html/body_gottlieb.html
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #936 on: June 13, 2007, 11:12:05 AM »

Anyone ever had a deep fried twinkie?  Just curious......   Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #937 on: June 13, 2007, 11:13:07 AM »

Hat tip Linda@BFN

Web campaign adds to pain for missing Madeleine's family
DOUGLAS WALKER

WEB-USERS have started a campaign for action against the parents of the missing toddler Madeleine McCann

A petition demanding social services investigate Gerry and Kate McCann for neglect has already attracted thousands of signatures.

Four-year-old Madeleine went missing from her bedroom on 3 May as her parents were eating in a nearby restaurant in the Portuguese town of Praia da Luz.

The petition has been started by Marilyn Baker at petitiononline.com.

It reads: "We the undersigned request that Leicestershire Social Services fulfil their statutory obligation to investigate the circumstances which led to three-year-old Madeleine McCann and her younger siblings being left unattended in an unlocked, ground-floor hotel room.

"We ask that they do this to reflect an even-handed approach to the important issue of child protection.

"We also wish to ensure that no parent will ever be able to evade responsibility for the safety and welfare of their children by citing the example of Mr and Mrs McCann, whose negligence is unreasonably being discounted in the tidal wave of sympathy brought about as a consequence of their media campaign."

So far the petition has attracted almost 2,000 signatures and has seen some strong criticism of Gerry and Kate McCann.

One signatory, giving the name Sarah Fox, says: "The McCanns failed to provide a duty of care to all three children and demonstrated a complete lack of parental responsibility."

Another, named L O'Connor, says: "I am appalled that two doctors could leave their precious young children alone in an unlocked apartment and in a foreign country, while they went out for dinner, and then think they did nothing wrong."

Ms Baker was last night unavailable for comment.

The McCanns flew back to Portugal yesterday.

Last night Madeleine's aunt, Philomena McCann, 48, of Glasgow, said: "Gerry and Kate are unaware of the petition. We haven't told them as they have enough to deal with. At first I was very upset but now I just feel anger towards these people - from all the support we have received they are certainly in the minority.

"They are just adding continued sadness to the whole family. One sick individual has even taken to e-mailing me through the petition every day.

"These people all say how concerned they are for Maddy's welfare. I just wish they would channel their energy more effectively."

• Debbie Clifton, 33, of Cannock, Staffordshire, who allegedly posed as a bogus charity collector claiming to be raising money to help find Madeleine McCann, appeared before magistrates yesterday charged with theft. She was remanded until 18 June.

Related topic

Madeleine McCann
/topics.cfm?tid=1590
This article: http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=922552007

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: June 13, 2007, 11:13:47 AM »

Quote from: "*******"

13-06-2007

(snipped)

I read some of the comments below and one of them mention brians predictions.I looked at a few of his predictions in the past and I think he is a fraud!!

We know that Brian backdated some of his predictions.  I agree, a fraud.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: June 13, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »

I agree Klaas.. It is easy for people to blame the families.  I think it is also that people do not want to think there are others among us who kidnap and kill without a connection, sort of takes away from their sense of safety.

Of course some of the trash that people spew, there is no excuse for.

I will wait to make up my mind on this.  Sure, I don't think those kids should have been left alone - I'd never leave mine, but a error in judgement doesn't make a criminal.

I just pray for Madeline's safe return.  If that is not possible, I hope she is found, laid to rest, and who ever harmed her is punished.  Bless that baby girl.  So Sad.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.