April 26, 2024, 12:12:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #638 6/10 - 6/13/2007  (Read 171667 times)
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: June 13, 2007, 11:15:12 AM »

Hi everyone,

Back from my trip and finally caught up. None, if you are still here, I was about 100 miles from y'all and I really enjoyed it up there!

I guess things have been quiet... ? I see discussion about Madeleine McCann today.

I hope I didn't miss much... I did NOT get a chance to go online at all while I was gone (which may actually be a GOOD thing at times  Wink )

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: June 13, 2007, 11:15:21 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Anyone ever had a deep fried twinkie?  Just curious......   Laughing

NO, but I've always wanted to try one just to say I did  Laughing
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #942 on: June 13, 2007, 11:19:43 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Anyone ever had a deep fried twinkie?  Just curious......   Laughing

NO, but I've always wanted to try one just to say I did  Laughing

I was reading about the banana twinkie making a comeback and it got me to thinking about the fried ones.  I saw them on TV, but have never had one.  I did find a recipe and it don't sound half bad! lol
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: June 13, 2007, 11:22:48 AM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/

Vrouwen deze zomer niet topless

I wont post the pic so I can stay on Klaas good side Smile Reminds me of my teenage years at club med..Those europeans sure love to go topless Cool

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: June 13, 2007, 11:25:40 AM »

The divergence of thinking in regard to Maddy McCann’s disappearance really strikes a chord with its similarity to the Natalee Holloway case.  Is it the instant notoriety that these families receive, or is it something deeper and more disturbing lingering in people’s minds?  

Through life experience, I have learned that the most suspicious, jealous natured people are so, because they react to situations based upon what they might do in a given situation.  Has very little to do with the object of their emotional manifestations.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: June 13, 2007, 11:26:42 AM »

Quote from: "*******"

I wont post the pic so I can stay on Klaas good side Smile Reminds me of my teenage years at club med..Those europeans sure love to go topless Cool

Thank you for not posting the photo.  I was unaware there was a photographer on the beach when I went for a dip  Laughing  Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: June 13, 2007, 11:28:41 AM »

Thank you for not posting the photo.  I was unaware there was a photographer on the beach when I went for a dip  Laughing  Laughing

ROFL!! That was more for easy and rob Wink

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #947 on: June 13, 2007, 11:33:03 AM »

ROFL!! That was more for easy and rob Wink

I've learned better than to open those NL links while at work. lol  I made the mistake of trying to find that Joran interview in Panorama and had to do a major history clean-up afterward!   Shocked
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #948 on: June 13, 2007, 11:35:05 AM »

KInd of reminds me a bit of that lil girl from san diego 10 yrs ago or so. The creepy lawyer defending David Westerfield was attacking the parents because they went out for a drink and had smoked the occasional MJ..He was also garnering support and creeps were coming out of the woodwork attacking these poor parents. Internet wasnt big back then but I am sure all sorts of false rumors would have been spread just like with NH and Madeline.

He knew his client was guilty and was going for a plea bargain to tell the prosecution the location of the body. Problem was they found it before a deal was made. Went to trial and he attacked the parents all the way through. He lost and Westerfield is on death row.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #949 on: June 13, 2007, 11:36:45 AM »

The divergence of thinking in regard to Maddy McCann’s disappearance really strikes a chord with its similarity to the Natalee Holloway case.  Is it the instant notoriety that these families receive, or is it something deeper and more disturbing lingering in people’s minds?  

Through life experience, I have learned that the most suspicious, jealous natured people are so, because they react to situations based upon what they might do in a given situation.  Has very little to do with the object of their emotional manifestations.

Easy- I worte this last nite to respond to some that seem to have the McCann's in their cross hairs.

LogicMan- are you familiar with the Natalee Holloway case? In this case was a propaganda machine to protect tourism on Aruba. If you know about what happened here, I would just caution you to not take the words of 'Vacation Town Portugal' as the Gospel.. They small town cops, and especially ones that totally rely on tourism do things you would not believe to protect it. If I told you all the lies told by the Aruban Authorities, I would be typing well into my next lifetime.

If you think that you are going to be in Portugal for two years something is not right. Why not 5 years?

Now that know some of the more intimate details it does raise a lot of questions in my mind. But I still have to say that small town cops in vacation towns cover up so much crime to artificially deflate their crime stats and to use said skewed stats to lure unsuspecting tourist to their resorts or areas where they are some times assaulted and left to deal with the local authorities in a land away from home and in a legal system built on favoritism and influence.

I see some of the same type of propaganda that I have seen before.. and it looks like it might come from a New York Lawfirm I recognize.

just be careful what you believe...and always wonder where it might come from and why.

-for the record, I don't want anyone thinking I have in it for the McCann's. I only care that Madeleine is found one way or the other.

The McCann's raise few flags in comparison to the Van Der Sloots.

When we attempt to tell people not familiar with the small details of Natalee's case they often wonder we where learned that and if it is true. It is sometimes in conflict with what the think they know or heard someone like Taco say.

I don't know all of the small details in Madeleine's case and I do not know all of the peripheral people involved.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: June 13, 2007, 11:43:17 AM »

KInd of reminds me a bit of that lil girl from san diego 10 yrs ago or so. The creepy lawyer defending David Westerfield was attacking the parents because they went out for a drink and had smoked the occasional MJ..He was also garnering support and creeps were coming out of the woodwork attacking these poor parents. Internet wasnt big back then but I am sure all sorts of false rumors would have been spread just like with NH and Madeline.

He knew his client was guilty and was going for a plea bargain to tell the prosecution the location of the body. Problem was they found it before a deal was made. Went to trial and he attacked the parents all the way through. He lost and Westerfield is on death row.

5 years ago.  Here's some information.  I followed that case as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Westerfield
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #951 on: June 13, 2007, 11:43:47 AM »

I see similarities as well..You guys see the Web Campaign against the Mccanns? Perfect timing to attack this family dont ya think?

A petition demanding social services investigate Gerry and Kate McCann for neglect has already attracted thousands of signatures.
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=922552007

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #952 on: June 13, 2007, 11:48:05 AM »

I don't agree with the petition, but understand why it got started. There is no evidence in the past that the McCann's have done anything but raise their children in an appropriate manner.

Most of the signatories to the petition are signing because they think it is an unthinkable act to leave their kids alone on multiple occasions. It didn't just happen on the nite in question.

Maybe the McCann's were totally oblivious to the world we live in... I don't know.

+++

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: June 13, 2007, 11:48:20 AM »

From what little I have seen of it, it looks like Portugal is handling the case OK (just OK, not outstanding) but that the opposition to the parents is coming mostly from England.

Just like in Natalee's case, do not discount the fine hand of domestic politics as having a negative effect on that family.  Wink

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #954 on: June 13, 2007, 11:48:38 AM »

I followed that one too.  What a monster!!!!!!!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: June 13, 2007, 11:49:42 AM »

Some stories just make ya say damn!  Confused

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19207050/
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: June 13, 2007, 11:50:12 AM »

Thx for the link..He attacked the parents in court rather than what we are seeing now..But I will never forget how upset I was at that lawyer!!I am glad to see those parents won that settlement..

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #957 on: June 13, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
From what little I have seen of it, it looks like Portugal is handling the case OK (just OK, not outstanding) but that the opposition to the parents is coming mostly from England.

Just like in Natalee's case, do not discount the fine hand of domestic politics as having a negative effect on that family.  Wink

SB- I agree. A pedophile ring will make it very hard to pinpoint exactly who did what. I believe people in the network call in sightings from all over to confuse the police and make it virtually impossible to locate a child.

Now if you do not know. There is mystery DNA that has been found and it does not match anyone including the only formal suspect - Robert Murat. So if that DNA is from the abductor and not from a former resident of the flat that they were staying in... it looks like they have some evidence.

I'm personally not real impressed with the Chief of Police. He was slow to act and left alot of avenues unchecked in the earlier days.

Cases like these are hard to unravel.

+++

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #958 on: June 13, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

Checkout this little monkey doing hard time!   Laughing

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6020616/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber/8/
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #959 on: June 13, 2007, 11:59:33 AM »

Klaas you are too too funny, so that was you taking a dip?  Laughing  Laughing

I thought I recognized that flowing long hair  Laughing

SB-

You should have come farther north, I had this waiting for you. Metro's supposed to be up this way too, sent him email and phone contacts but I haven't heard back  Sad

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.