April 28, 2024, 12:30:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'A rising tide lifts all ships' v. Obama's Job Speech  (Read 3690 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 08, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »

'A rising tide lifts all ships' is often attributed to John F. Kennedy. When one states prospers, it helps other states.  A speech about investments and how they benefit everyone.  Today, many are critical of this quote, and some even suggest that while the rich get their lift, the poor are sinking even faster.  Why is that? 

Who are the rich?  Those making $200,000 per year?  I watched WH news the other day, and someone reported that revenues are rising.  For some reason, there is a minimal recovery.  Anyone see some new business?

The other reason cited?  Wage inflation.  Folks are getting raises and their 'wage inflation' is pushing them into higher brackets.  How long (with inflation, or hyperinflation) before average people are Obama millionaires?  Making $200,000?

In JFK's time, the nation didn't have a $14 trillion dollar (and rising) debt, TRILLIONS in unfunded liability, and a Federal Reserve that just wishes money into existence and seems to give it away to foreign countries, nations, banks, business, and ???   Did any of those getting the money fill out an application?  Tell the Fed what they want the money for, who would get it, benefit from it, and what time frame they would pay it back?

Does anyone really know how much money the Fed has wished into existence?  How much actually gets paid back in a timely manner?  How much never get's paid back?  Who are the winners in the Feds inner circle?  Anyone rejected?  How many get money over and over and never pay it back?  Just how much has the Fed given out?

Obama wants almost a trillion, how much has the Fed given away these past two years?

How much does dollar devaluation rob from Americans each year?  Rob from retirement accounts?

Why doesn't Obama talk about the money the Fed is giving away?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:37:41 PM »

There are private construction companies all across America just waiting to get to work. There's a bridge that needs repair between Ohio and Kentucky that's on one of the busiest trucking routes in North America. A public transit project in Houston that will help clear up one of the worst areas of traffic in the country. And there are schools throughout this country that desperately need renovating. How can we expect our kids to do their best in places that are literally falling apart? This is America. Every child deserves a great school — and we can give it to them, if we act now.

Bridges?  Public transit?  Why aren't local communities funding these projects?  Reallocating funds?  Where did the money go? 

Schools?  'Our kids' deserve great schools.  Where are these schools in America that are falling apart?  What haven't the local communities kept these schools in repair?  Did they get money from various entities?  Where did the money go? 

Why isn't Obama allowing communities to solve their own problems?  In Wisconsin, they addressed out of control spending on employee benefit programs.  The savings allowed for some districts to have a surplus, hire more teachers and other staffs, and NOT raise taxes. 

Why isn't Obama pushing for communities to solve their own problems?  Why isn't Obama asking Holder to follow the money and find out why those schools are crumbling?

If no one seems to know or care about why the money disappeared in these communities, why the schools are crumbling, is there any guarantee that 'our' money will be well spent?  That 'our' money won't go astray?

What happened to the billions spent on the last stimulus/porkulus?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »

"...And we'll set up an independent fund to attract private dollars and issue loans based on two criteria: how badly a construction project is needed and how much good it would do for the economy."

If you have private dollars, why do you need taxpayers to help with money?   Maybe taxpayers will be stuck with all the bad loans?  Again?

Who picks members of the the 'independent fund'?  Maybe it will be loaded with union leaders?  Folks from Freddie/Fannie?  Community organizers?

How much good did all those shovel ready jobs from the stimulus do?  TARP? 

More temporary jobs that cost $350,000 each? 

Why should everyone pay for all this special interest partisan spending?

Why aren't these communities funding these projects themselves?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:46:46 PM »

"I'm also well aware that there are many Republicans who don't believe we should raise taxes on those who are most fortunate and can best afford it. But here is what every American knows. While most people in this country struggle to make ends meet, a few of the most affluent citizens and corporations enjoy tax breaks and loopholes that nobody else gets..."

How 'bout all those fortunate folks that get money in secret from the Fed?  How much are they paying in taxes?  How many American jobs are they creating?  How many foreign jobs are they creating?  How many yachts are they buying?

"And I believe the vast majority of wealthy Americans and CEOs are willing to do just that, if it helps the economy grow and gets our fiscal house in order."

How about those wealthy GLOBAL players that get American dollars from the FED?  Dollars that devalue the savings, investments, and retirement of all the little people on Main Street?   All those everyday people that are unemployed, work in jobs, pay ever increasing taxes? 

What about the wealthy global players and the Fed?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »

"I'll also offer ideas to reform a corporate tax code that stands as a monument to special interest influence in Washington."

What does any tax matter if some get money from the Fed in secret deals, pay no taxes, pay taxes to foreign countries, get all this money in secret?

Does it matter how much the well connect pay in taxes when they may get more in secret deals from the Fed?

'Raise my taxes, I should be paying more!!!'  Only the little people pay taxes, the big people get money from the Fed in secret deals!!!

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »

"We now live in a world where technology has made it possible for companies to take their business anywhere. If we want them to start here and stay here and hire here, we have to be able to out-build, out-educate, and out-innovate every other country on Earth."

Why would anyone build here?  How many countries bleed their innovators dry through taxation? 

How many lawmakers want to tax American companies out of business? 

Seems like China is growing its standard of living, creating millionaires at an amazing rate.  China doesn't have anything like Obamacare, no bogus overpriced healthcare.

If China can make an H1N1 vaccine for $.50 per dose, why were Americans paying $300 to $600?

Who's looking out for American taxpayers?

Why aren't Americans paying $.50 too?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »

"...I reject the argument that says for the economy to grow, we have to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, or rules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that prevent the health insurance industry from shortchanging patients..."

Hidden credit card fees?
  What about the TRILLIONS in SECRET deals at the FED?  Anyone wonder how much that costs Americans in devalued currency?  Who has access to all that special money?

A health insurance industry that shortchanges patients?  If a private insurance company differentiated by 'disparity' like Obamacare, would that be discrimination?  A shameful thing? 

Why does Obamacare have built in preference for anyone?  Why wasn't Obamacare written to treat everyone the same?  Off the same safeguards folks had under private insurance?

Why doesn't Obamacare ensure that folks will have the same access regardless of race, ethnic, or other characteristic?

Why doesn't Obamacare concern itself with all sick people?  Not just the disparity cases identified by political folks?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »

Rising tides lift all ships. 

Why do Obama's plans seem to keep the ships belonging to special interests afloat?

Add weight to the ships of average people?  Make holes in the ships of small and medium sized business?

Why does the team doing the inflating seem to consist of 'leaders' that are expert in exporting jobs to foreign countries?  Foreign workers?

How much of Obama's latest stimulus/jobs bill will go to foreign workers?  Guest workers?  Former illegal aliens?  Foreign companies?

Who gets stuck making good on Obama's blank check?  Wage inflation millionaires?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 09:34:48 PM »

WhiskeyGirl,  Have you been keeping up with the Gibson Guitar raids? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.