March 28, 2024, 10:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "You Don't Deserve To Keep All Of Your Money"  (Read 2660 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 14, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »

This is an interesting discussion with Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) on the Don Wade & Roma show on WLS-AM.

“I’ll put it this way, you don’t deserve to keep all of it. It’s not a question of deserving, because what government is, is those things that we decide to do together," Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) told the Don Wade & Roma show on WLS-AM.

"I think you need to pay your fair share for things we've decided are our national priorities," Schakowsky added.

Host: So Jan Schakowsky, out of every dollar that I earn, how much do you think I deserve to keep?

Schakowsky: What is really your question here? Do you think you should not contribute to firefighters?

Host: No, no, it’s a very simple question. Out of every dollar I earn, how much do you, Jan Schakowsky, think I deserve to keep?

Schakowsky: No, it’s not a simple question. No, it is not a simple question. I’ll put it this way. You don’t deserve to keep all of it.

Host: Why?

Schakowsky: It’s not a question of deserving. What government is, is those things we decide to do together.

listen to the entire discussion here http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/14/dem_congresswoman_you_dont_deserve_to_keep_all_of_your_money.html

How much have 'they' decided we need to do together?  Pay off every parties special interests?  Party at the Fed?

It seems to me the percentage is likely over 500% and growing.  Just a guess.  How many years will it take to pay off Obama & Bush's spending?  Fraud?  Waste?  Abuse?

just my humble opinions...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »

Some Background Info:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-08-31-congresswoman-husband_x.htm

Posted 8/31/2005 4:23 PM
Congresswoman's husband pleads guilty to two felonies
CHICAGO (AP) — The husband of an Illinois congresswoman pleaded guilty Wednesday to tax violations and bank fraud for writing rubber checks and failing to collect withholding tax from an employee.

Robert Creamer, a political consultant married to four-term U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky, could face four years in prison on the two felony counts when he is sentenced Dec. 21.

<snip>

Creamer, 58, a prominent Chicago political consultant, was accused of swindling nine financial institutions of at least $2.3 million while he ran a public interest group in the 1990s.

<snip>

The indictment alleged Creamer caused a series of insufficiently funded checks and wire transfers to be drawn on accounts he controlled as executive director of the Illinois Public Action Fund. According to the indictment, he allegedly then used the inflated balances to pay the group's expenses and own salary.

Schakowsky: What is really your question here? Do you think you should not contribute to firefighters?

Slogger:  If I earn it, I distribute it.  I decide whether to contribute to the firefighters, or to the Food Bank.  You should contribute your money to your choice.

Turtle tunnels aren't things "we decide to do together" and neither are snail darter deficits. 

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »

Schakowsky answered a question by questioning the question and then changing the question in an effort to shame if you don't agree.  Who would not like to contribute to their local firefighters?

Bing Search:

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/537397/201006152257/Reids-Push-To-Nationalize-Police-Unions.aspx

Reid's Push To Nationalize Police Unions
Democrats' union supporters will greatly benefit from nationalized rules for ... More than 75% of the firefighters in USA are VOLUNTEERS. The Firefighter unions have been ...

If "More than 75% of the firefighter in USA are VOLUNTEERS," we are already supporting them with our local, regional tax dollars.  Why is a National Political Figure using Firefighters to shame into her point of view?

http://www.in.gov/dhs/files/volrecruit.pdf

Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment and
Retention in Rural Pennsylvania
Robert S. D’Intino, Ph.D.
Pennsylvania State University Schuylkill
May 2006

Page 7

Fire Companies
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, in 2005, there were 17,438 all-volunteer fire companies in the U.S., or 72 percent of the nation’s 24,294 fire companies.

Will we be shamed into contributing to Nationalized first responders--meaning those in outlying areas will (once again) pay for big cities which can't support themselves?

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.