March 28, 2024, 09:23:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #11 10/19/11 - 11/22/11  (Read 277215 times)
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »

From FB a minute ago:

Jose Baez
Today is a sad day for our criminal justice system. Our jurors are to be respected and protected. Instead their privacy and homes will be invaded today by reporters who care more about a irrelevant story than they do about common decency.

My response:
The jurors, their function and their names, were never intended to be secret. The point of a PUBLIC trial is that the PUBLIC knows what is going on to insure justice is done fairly. Unfortunately, this jury did not get that memo and have announced to the world that killing your kid who you have no clue about the dad of because you are a slut is fine. Every person in this world has to be held accountable for their decisions - the jurors included.

http://www.facebook.com/theofficialjosebaezpage  (I hope I linked back correctly - never done it before~)   
Bozo oops Baez it was a sad day for the justice system when you were given you law license!!!!   I bet the Bar is wishing they wouldn't have allowed you to practice!

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2011, 04:21:21 PM »

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/217267/19/Casey-Anthony-attorney-Jose-Baez-speaks-exclusively-to-10-News
 ::snipping2::
Baez was on his way to Harvard Law School on Tuesday night to speak with students. Before he left, he was asked if he read reports online about his client.  He joked, "The only thing I pay attention to online is news about the Seminoles and the Yankees."

And, as far as the safety of the jurors, he said, "I wish I could buy all of them pit bulls. They deserve to be safe. I don't want this to stop anyone from wanting to serve on a jury in the future."

big old fat butthead
What the h3ll is he doing speaking at Harvard?  He can't even spell.  I'll bet he's not doing it for free either.  Our tax dollars at work, folks.   
He was on GMA this morning discussing the Michael Jackson case....... pfft.

Wow!  I guess I will have to just watch HGTV and the music channels!   Now I will not watch GMA!

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2011, 04:22:41 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/10/casey-anthony-case-casts-harsh-spotlight-on-jurors-lack-of-privacy.html
Casey Anthony case casts harsh light on jurors' lack of privacy
October 26, 2011 | 12:33 pm

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=1068595&postId=1068595&postUserId=41&sessionToken=&catId=5646&curAbsIndex=0&resultsUrl=DID%3D6%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A41%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A5646%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3
Casey Anthony: Jeff Deen says the acquittal didn’t surprise him
halboedeker
Wed Oct 26 2011 9:20 PM

Deen, a veteran attorney who worked for WESH-Channel 2, repeatedly said the case wasn’t a slam dunk for the prosecution. He turned out to be right when Anthony was acquitted in July of murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee.

Deen serves as regional conflict counsel for the state and oversees lawyers representing indigent criminal defendants in Central Florida. I talked to him recently about his memories of the case and the coverage.

Q. What was the most memorable moment for you?

A. “The most memorable moment was during the day of closing arguments, when the attorneys finally blew up at each other. I thought that was very enlightening. I thought it was one of the most honest moments. I know Cheney Mason and Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick. Finally, they were at the end, emotionally drained, and it got to them all. I thought that was one of Mr. [Jose] Baez’s most impressive moments, when he said he didn’t want anyone to get in trouble.”
 Rolling Eyes

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/casey-anthony-jury-stays-out-of-the-media-spotlight/1198712
Casey Anthony jury stays out of the media spotlight
By Jamal Thalji, Times Staff Writer
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 07:05 PM

The result was a media firestorm. Fearing for their wellbeing, Perry kept the jurors' names sealed for a "cooling off" period. That ended Tuesday. Several media outlets, however, mistook a St. Petersburg woman for Juror No. 5. She called the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office to complain.

"She was a little bit concerned and a little bit distraught about the media attention she was getting," said sheriff's spokesman Cecilia Barreda.

The Sheriff's Office and the St. Petersburg Police Department say they've kept a closer watch on the jurors since the verdict. But the agencies say the jurors have not complained to them about any threats or harassment.

Only three jurors spoke out after the verdict: Jennifer Ford, Juror No. 3, spoke to ABC News; Juror No. 2 spoke anonymously to the St. Petersburg Times; and the foreman, Juror No. 11, was interviewed anonymously by On The Record with Greta Van Susteren.

The Times reached out to all 12 jurors on Tuesday. Those who could be reached declined to comment.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/anthony-jurors-avoid-spotlight-10262011
Anthony jurors avoid spotlight
Updated: Wednesday, 26 Oct 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 26 Oct 2011, 9:22 PM EDT

The Times fought to get the juror names released.

But Clark says whether we agree or disagree with the verdict, it's time to move on.

"Leave them alone. If you think they made a mistake, that is your right, you can express it," Clark said.

And a lot of people did express opinions on Facebook. Someone even posted the names and address of the jurors.

Teresa Lemmenes served as a juror in an unrelated case in Pinellas County, and had no idea her name or any other juror for that matter, was public record.

"I don't think they should be able to do that. I don't think it's safe for the people," Lemmenes said.

Former Hillsborough State Prosecutor Frances Perrone says she's never heard of a juror being injured or harmed following a trial. But she does worry the jury backlash in the Anthony case will have a chilling effect for future jurors.

"No juror should ever feel their safety is at issue, and I don't that's been the case for generations," Perrone said.

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2011, 09:53:12 PM »

maybe the jurors could go hide out with Casey and get therapy with her...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »

As long as they leave their kids and wallets at home she won't mind the company for partying.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2011, 10:08:38 PM »

As long as they leave their kids and wallets at home she won't mind the company for partying.

she might need them to bring their wallets though, she needs their cash!

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »

I looked on Harvard Law School's website and I can't find anything about Bozo speaking.  I hope someone in media checks on that.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2011, 12:21:51 AM »

Jose Baez...guest columnist......
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/os-ed-jose-baez-jurors-102611-20111025,0,1139245.story
Jose Baez: Jurors the lifeblood of justice, don't vilify them for doing duty
By Jose Baez | Guest columnist
October 26, 2011
"Nothing can be more abhorrent to democracy than to imprison a person or keep him in prison because he is unpopular. This is really the test of civilization."
-Winston Churchill, "Closing the Ring"

Almost four months ago, the jury in the trial of Casey Anthony found her not guilty of murder, aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter of a child — and the jurors have paid for it ever since.

They have paid for it at the hands of pundits and so-called veteran court watchers, who have relentlessly denounced the verdict and the jurors. It is no surprise that only three of the 17 jurors and alternate jurors had chosen to identify themselves before all the names were released on Tuesday. The media-fueled backlash had left them with little choice but to remain anonymous.

What we have witnessed in these four months is an assault on a jury of our peers who answered the call and endured severe hardships in doing so.

Good morning, Monkeys--

Oh s**t the only thing these idiots endured was worrying about missing their planned vacations.  IMO they all lived better and ate better than they had in their entire miserable lives.  Nice place to live, maid service, catered meals, eating in best restaurants in Orlando, dessert delivered every afternoon. A judge who catered to their every whim.  They never had it so good.  What a waste of money. They should have been put in the local Motel 8 and fed Burger King.
WELL SAID!
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:39 AM »

and husbands!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2011, 08:15:42 AM »

and husbands!

tee hee! you got that right...xxxx

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2011, 09:41:28 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/27/us-celebrities-creepy-idUSTRE79Q3ED20111027
Casey Anthony, Marilyn Manson top list of creepy celebs
By Piya Sinha-Roy
LOS ANGELES | Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:41am EDT

(Reuters) - Casey Anthony, the Florida mom acquitted in July of killing her child, has been voted the No. 2 creepiest celebrity, closely following shock rocker Marilyn Manson, according to a poll released on Thursday.

Creepy ***** maybe.....and I don't mean witch.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:10 AM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/casey-anthony-jurors-lay-1209564.html
Casey Anthony jurors lay low after names revealed
4:51 p.m. Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Associated Press reporters went to the homes where jurors were thought to live, but in most cases, the blinds or drapes were closed and no one answered. Dogs could be heard barking inside some of the homes. When someone did come to the door, they said the juror didn't want to speak or in one case, said the juror didn't live there.

"The jurors have known that this day would be coming for a long time. They've had plenty of time to think about it," said Tampa defense attorney John Fitzgibbons, who was not involved in the Anthony case. "It may simply be that the jurors want to move on from this case. Or it could be some sort of collective decision by the jurors if they are working on something else jointly."

Fearing for their safety, Judge Belvin Perry delayed releasing their names, saying he wanted a "cooling off period" to pass. It may have worked. Vitriolic comments popped up online Tuesday, but in far less numbers.

Legal experts said Perry's decision was reasonable, but highly unusual.

"I can't recall another situation like this, but I think in this case it was necessary," said Leslie Garfield, law professor at Pace Law School in New York. "... You ask people to serve the justice system, but in situations like this there has to be protection for these people. We have to try to protect them somehow."

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2011, 09:49:36 AM »

The Official Jeffrey Ashton Page
I think it is important since the names of the jurors have been released for me to ask everyone not to make any attempts to communicate your disapproval of the verdict to the jurors themselves. As much as we all may disagree with the way they did their job in this case, our system of justice cannot survive if Juror's are not free to do their job as they see fit without fear of personal condemnation. Please share your anger here and in other public forums but not to the jurors themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-Jeffrey-Ashton-Page/167094923356300

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2011, 09:51:04 AM »

Any chance there will be coverage of the ethics meetings today?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2011, 10:16:02 AM »

Any chance there will be coverage of the ethics meetings today?
Wish it were so,but not that I have seen.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/10/casey-anthony-and-now-the-ethics-seminar.html
Casey Anthony: And now the ethics seminar
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WFTV, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on October, 13 2011 3:35 PM

The prosecution will be represented by Jeff Ashton, Linda Drane Burdick and Frank George.

For the defense, Cheney Mason. (Jose Baez is not listed on a flier promoting the event.)

Also on the panel will be legal analysts Bill Sheaffer of WFTV-Channel 9 and Diana Tennis of WOFL-Channel 35. Amy Mashburn, a professor of law at the University of Florida, is taking part, too.

Might this event be broadcast? No, the association said. Still, I’m hoping it will be taped, for historical purposes.

~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2011, 10:33:19 AM »

The Official Jeffrey Ashton Page
I think it is important since the names of the jurors have been released for me to ask everyone not to make any attempts to communicate your disapproval of the verdict to the jurors themselves. As much as we all may disagree with the way they did their job in this case, our system of justice cannot survive if Juror's are not free to do their job as they see fit without fear of personal condemnation. Please share your anger here and in other public forums but not to the jurors themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-Jeffrey-Ashton-Page/167094923356300

I admire Mr. Ashton and have ordered his book, but I think he is wrong to say a jury should do its job "As they see fit."  I think a jury should do its job according to the evidence presented, according to the law and according to the judge's instructions.  I don't think any of these jurors even considered any of those things.  I believe they did find her not guilty because they saw fit to do so but that is not the criteria in deliberating and coming to a reasonable decision.  They failed in their duty, failed common sense and failed the community, IMO.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »

and failed Caylee Marie Anthony

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.