March 28, 2024, 11:01:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #11 10/19/11 - 11/22/11  (Read 277222 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: October 27, 2011, 04:22:36 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-ethics-discussion-20111027,0,2966122,full.story
Casey Anthony trial: Key players chat about ethics, media
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
3:40 p.m. EDT, October 27, 2011
 ::snipping2::
"Jose reached out and he got good people to back him up," Mason said. But many of those folks "left us in a lurch" before the trial out of fear the defense would lose and they be associated with that loss.

He responded to a question about a delay in the trial, noting there was a lot of work to be done reviewing the state's evidence, getting a new judge and handling the indigence of the client. A massive amount of work was done with a limited budget.

Mason said he, too, wants changes to the public records laws that allowed release of discovery and media coverage.

"That's what led to us having a change of venue," Mason said. "That's what led to a jury having to reverse the media conviction of Casey."

Sheaffer disagrees and said: "I think that's a slippery slope when you start having trials in secret."

The pretrial access to discovery, he said, "benefitted this defense."

Sheaffer maintains the defense "didn't perpetrate a fraud on the court" despite a defense that sometimes "defied logic."

Sheaffer said his thoughts didn't matter, though, at trial. What mattered was what was conveyed to the jury.

He said Casey "didn't have one friend in this whole earth, one advocate, other than Mason and Baez."

He disagreed that rules of professional conduct were relaxed in this case.

The one key attorney not scheduled to take part in the ethics discussion —lead Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez.

Baez did not return calls from the Bar to attend this event, according to a Bar spokeswoman.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: October 27, 2011, 04:26:14 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
Bar spokeswoman told me Baez did not respond to invite“@MistyJohnson9: @bobkealing Did Cheney say why Jose is not attending?”
56 seconds ago http://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

I long for the day he gets disbarred.
No money for going.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2011, 04:28:43 PM »

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Orange county bar meeting praising judge Belvin Perry for work on #caseyanthonytrial
1 minute ago
Casey Anthony News13
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Mason worked pro Bono on #caseyanthonytrial. He says he lost out on $600,000
4 minutes ago http://twitter.com/#!/CFNews13Casey

bobkealing bob kealing
#cheneymason #josebaez would not quit." He walked the walk that's for sure." #CaseyAnthony.
5 minutes ago http://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

Mason is a azz wipe. Boo Woo he lost out on all that money because he worked pro bono for Casey. I don't think he should even be on this panel. He didn't show one once of professionalism thru the whole thing from the beginning to the end.  I can't stand the man.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
#cheneymason reveals he is working on a book #CaseyAnthony
9 minutes ago http://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-ethics-discussion-20111027,0,4823030.story
2:41 p.m. EDT, October 27, 2011

The Orange County Bar Association is hosting a discussion this afternoon titled "Lessons in Ethics & Professionalism from the Casey Anthony Trial."

The event, designed as continuing education for Bar Association members, features most of the primary players from the Casey Anthony trial. It's billed as a "unique seminar" that local Bar members have paid $50 to attend.

More than 120 people are packed into a ballroom near Church Street in downtown Orlando for the event.

Prosecutors Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick were the first to speak.

Both Ashton and Burdick agree a discussion needs to be had regarding pretrial release of evidence in a process known as discovery.

The one key attorney not scheduled to take part in the ethics discussion —lead Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez.

Baez did not return calls from the Bar to attend this event, according to a Bar spokeswoman

Can't say as I blame Baez.   He would have to wear a bag over his head.  Plus, while things are pending against him,  it wouldn't be prudent.  Complaints are still pending, correct?
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: October 27, 2011, 05:29:03 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
#cheneymason of the jury "there has never been a more courageous group of people." This portion is over/applause some people standing.
1 minute ago http://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

Monkey Devil!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2011, 05:30:11 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
#cheneymason reveals he is working on a book #CaseyAnthony
9 minutes ago http://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

Good luck with that, buddy.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2011, 05:31:52 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-ethics-discussion-20111027,0,4823030.story
2:41 p.m. EDT, October 27, 2011

The Orange County Bar Association is hosting a discussion this afternoon titled "Lessons in Ethics & Professionalism from the Casey Anthony Trial."

The event, designed as continuing education for Bar Association members, features most of the primary players from the Casey Anthony trial. It's billed as a "unique seminar" that local Bar members have paid $50 to attend.

More than 120 people are packed into a ballroom near Church Street in downtown Orlando for the event.

Prosecutors Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick were the first to speak.

Both Ashton and Burdick agree a discussion needs to be had regarding pretrial release of evidence in a process known as discovery.

Baez did not return calls from the Bar to attend this event, according to a Bar spokeswoman

Can't say as I blame Baez.   He would have to wear a bag over his head.  Plus, while things are pending against him,  it wouldn't be prudent.  Complaints are still pending, correct?
As far as I know.  Monkey Devil!

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/29606597/detail.html
Casey Anthony Players Talk Case's Challenges
Some Suggest Discovery Shouldn't Be Public Until Trial
POSTED: 4:49 pm EDT October 27, 2011
UPDATED: 4:54 pm EDT October 27, 2011

Ashton said that making evidence public prior to the trial is "detriment to justice." He said it leads to the case being tried in the public, which is the "worst kind of trial" to have, Ashton said.

Mason took shots at the media and pundits who criticized the defense, and also chided lawyers on the defense team who quit just before the trial started, leaving the defense "in a lurch," as he said.

Mason and prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick got emotional at times.

Burdick said it was difficult as a single mom being away from her daughter during the two-month trial.

Mason said not only he but his wife, grandchildren and 87-year-old mother in law received death threats after the verdict.

"That's why Casey is in hiding," he told the audience.

Prosecutors were asked if they felt in retrospect that the case was not a death penalty case. Both declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/29606597/detail.html#ixzz1c1URJOID

Do you think discovery should be made public?
Close (X)
Choice    Votes    Percentage
Yes    67    
66%
No    35    
34%
Thanks for voting

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/29606633/detail.html#ixzz1c1Uc69TB

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2011, 06:21:41 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/29606971/detail.html
Casey Anthony Attorney To Write Behind-The-Scenes Book
Cheney Mason Announces Book After Fla. Bar Meeting
POSTED: Thursday, October 27, 2011
UPDATED: 6:02 pm EDT October 27, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorney Cheney Mason, who represented Casey Anthony in her first-degree murder trial this summer, announced Thursday that he is penning a book to expose what went on behind the scenes of the controversial trial.

Mason made the announcement as he left an Orange County Bar Association meeting, which was attended by several of the major players in the trial.

Mason said the book is nearly done, and he expects it to be released by the end of the year. He promised it will contain never-before-heard details about the case, including information he said people who covered the case for three years do not even know. ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: October 27, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/october/334576/Cheney-Mason-to-write-book-on-Casey-Anthony-trial
By Kelli Cook, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:14 PM
Mason revealed Thursday that he was writing a book on the trial during a roundtable discussion on ethics and professionalism during the murder trial.

Mason said the book would reveal why "the verdict that the jury returned was not only the right verdict, but the only legal verdict that they could have, and they will be no more guessing about it."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:40 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/10/casey-anthony-cheney-mason-is-writing-a-book.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29
Casey Anthony: Cheney Mason is writing a book
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WKMG, WOTF — posted by halboedeker on October, 27 2011 6:41 PM

This post has been updated:

Can Cheney Mason write a best seller?

We could soon find out. The defense attorney is writing a book about the Casey Anthony trial, he revealed today at a seminar of the Orange County Bar Association.

“I can assure you that part and parcel of it is going to reveal the reasons why the jury verdict was not only the right verdict, but it was the only legal verdict they could have got,” Mason told reporters outside the seminar. Anthony was acquitted in July of murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee.

Mason said the book should be out by year’s end and will reveal many behind-the-scenes secrets, WKMG’s Mike DeForest reported. “My intentions are to, in fact, let the world know about things that they don’t know and that many of you don’t know,” he told reporters who covered the case.

Mason said he is writing the book by himself without help from any defense team members, DeForest added. “He has repeatedly said that he worked on this case for free,” DeForest noted.

Mason also criticized the defense attorneys who left the team before the trial. ”I’m saying, ‘Huh? You do this now? Three weeks before trial,’ ” Mason said. 

In response to a question from WOFL-Channel 35’s Holly Bristow, Mason said the underlying motive for their departure could be they felt the defense would lose.

Mason cited death threats against his family in explaining why Anthony remains in hiding somewhere in Florida. She is serving a year’s probation for check fraud.

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: October 27, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »

Wonder if Mason is referring to his buddy Linda Kinney Baden who bailed on them? she is a slithering snake like the rest of them...

ha! can't wait till his book bombs!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #293 on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »

The only thing I can think of that Masons book would be good for is to start a bonfire.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #294 on: October 27, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »

The only thing I can think of that Masons book would be good for is to start a bonfire.

I thought TP but not sure i would want him or anything related to him near my hindy!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #295 on: October 27, 2011, 11:59:15 PM »

Mason better tread lightly.  He could be spending many years in court being sued if he goes after LE or states attys without proof.  AND, KC wont take kindly to him making a dollar off her dead baby without cutting her in on the deal.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2011, 05:19:47 AM »

Casey Anthony book: Publishers aren't biting
http://shelf-life.ew.com/2011/10/25/casey-anthony-book/

Simon and Schuster: “We are 100% not interested.  We are NOT NOT NOT  interested. Simon & Schuster is not publishing, and has never intended to publish, any book by Casey Anthony, her family, or any member of her team.

Harper Collins: “We are planning on publishing the Prosecutor’s book who was involved in the Casey Anthony case, so we have no plans in releasing a Casey Anthony book.  We’re sticking with the prosecutor.”

Penguin Group: “We have no plans on doing a book deal with Casey Anthony.”

Another publisher went so far as to say, “Hell no … it’s blood money.”

Not sure if this has been posted but really liked it just wished news media etc would follow suit

After reading this I dont think we have to worry about Mason writing a book on this case if this is true
My distrust is on this case makes me wonder on Ashton finishing his book, wonder when he started writing it and wonder how he came to the title for this book if trial was still going on when he started writing it? My mistrust has me questioning everyone involved in this case from DF team to DAs to the Judge and Jurors, I dont like being this way but my mistrust in our judical system really sux for me since this trial
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2011, 08:35:38 AM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorney Cheney Mason, who represented Casey Anthony in her first-degree murder trial this summer, announced Thursday that he is penning a book to expose what went on behind the scenes of the controversial trial.

Mason made the announcement as he left an Orange County Bar Association meeting, which was attended by several of the major players in the trial.

Mason said the book is nearly done, and he expects it to be released by the end of the year. He promised it will contain never-before-heard details about the case, including information he said people who covered the case for three years do not even know. ::snipping2::
How can he write when he only has the use of one finger?

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: October 28, 2011, 08:39:27 AM »

Mason said the book is nearly done, and he expects it to be released by the end of the year. He promised it will contain never-before-heard details about the case, including information he said people who covered the case for three years do not
 even know. ::snipping2::
The people who covered the case don't know the info because he just made it up....

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: October 28, 2011, 08:55:28 AM »

Mason said the book is nearly done, and he expects it to be released by the end of the year. He promised it will contain never-before-heard details about the case, including information he said people who covered the case for three years do not
 even know. ::snipping2::
The people who covered the case don't know the info because he just made it up....

He wants to prove the public wrong so badly that I suspect he WILL make stuff up.  He is such a grumpy old man.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.