March 28, 2024, 07:34:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #11 10/19/11 - 11/22/11  (Read 277205 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: November 15, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/11/casey-anthony-jeff-ashton-puts-a-fork-in-her-shes-done.html
Casey Anthony: Jeff Ashton puts a fork in her; she’s done
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, Jose Baez — posted by halboedeker on November, 15 2011 12:07 AM

Has Jeff Ashton made any hoped-for interview with Casey Anthony pointless?

In his book, ”Imperfect Justice,” former prosecutor Ashton supplies the sort of ah-ha moment that makes jaws drop in mysteries and legal dramas. He writes that Anthony, in interviews with two mental-health experts, accused her father of killing Caylee Anthony.  The Sentinel reports on his book in today’s editions.

The prosecution scoffed at the accusation against George Anthony, and it never made it to trial. Yet the revelation in the book, which goes on sale today, gives another chilling insight into Anthony.

Is it possible that Anthony, often described as the most-hated person in America, could become more reviled?  She comes off as the Bad Seed.
 ::snipping2::

She would be wise to stay out of view once Ashton’s version of events becomes widely known. His take on the story has value, and he acknowledges a major failing: The prosecution couldn’t tell the jury exactly how the toddler died.

His book also means you should brace yourself for more interviews with other major figures in the Anthony saga.

I’m sure we’ll hear from defense attorney Jose Baez, whom Ashton genuinely dislikes.

But I think Ashton rendered any Anthony interview worthless. “I have seen my share of liars, but never one quite like this,” Ashton writes of Anthony.

What good is interviewing a liar?

What do you think?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: November 15, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »

Here's a fun fact.....On the way to Pinellas County for jury selection, Linda Drane-Burdick had on a Casey 82 Hoodie and oversized white sunglasses,which Jeff totally ignored,didn't notice until Frank George mentioned it.
Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: November 15, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/29772508/detail.html
Casey Prosecutor's Book Hits Store Shelves
Ashton: Baez 'Smarmy,' Careless With Facts
POSTED: 5:33 am EST November 15, 2011
UPDATED: 9:00 am EST November 15, 2011

Video at link.
"Cheney had decided he needed to step in. He approached Linda Drane Burdick about a deal. Linda told him that if Casey wanted to plead to 2nd degree murder for a specific sentence of 30 years she could do that," Ashton says in the book.

Ashton said Anthony wouldn't consider a plea.

"Cheney told us Casey refused to even listen to the idea of a plea...he said her expression gave him concerns about her competency," he wrote.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/29772508/detail.html#ixzz1dmmE3sQi

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: November 15, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/november/343928/Jeff-Ashton-gets-personal-in-new-book-on-Casey-Anthony-trial
The first third of the book is a rehash of the circumstances of the case, with Ashton's thoughts sprinkled in here and there.

When he gets into December 2008, Ashton wrote one of the most gripping and emotional passages, describing himself in Medical Examiner Jan "Dr. G" Garavaglia's office, looking down on the autopsy table at the remains of Casey Anthony's 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

I had seen adult skeletons many times, but this was my first time seeing a child's. How could anyone just throw Caylee away like that, with a laundry bag as her coffin? For a moment, I allowed myself to hate Casey Anthony.

Shortly after that, the death penalty was put back on the table, though in this book, Ashton said he would have been happy if death wasn't on the table, because he didn't think a jury would ever go for it.

Other memorable parts include Ashton calling Tropical Storm Fay from August of 2008 a "guardian angel" that worked in Casey's favor.

He also called the defense's request to remove Judge Stan Strickland "the stupidest move anybody in the Florida legal community had ever heard of."

And he said Casey's defense at trial was "a complete crock of crap."

Finally, Ashton dedicated his book to Caylee Anthony, "so no one forgets."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: November 15, 2011, 10:03:15 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/november/343928/Jeff-Ashton-gets-personal-in-new-book-on-Casey-Anthony-trial
i-Poll

Will you buy Jeff Ashton's book on the Casey Anthony trial?
Yes (27%)
No (71%)
Already bought it (2%)

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: November 15, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »

Remember when this all happened? Was it one of the days during court when Casey was ill that Mason was doubting her competency and didn't they have a competency exam and she was found fit?  We had wondered then if there had been a plea deal...am I on the right track?  Too bad she did not take the plea..

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #666 on: November 15, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »

Thanks! Post my vote to share on facebook    tweet it
Results

44%   Voted Yes
56%   Voted No

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2098471_2098472_2098518,00.html #ixzz1dR46RBYd

Let's hope they listen to the public, which has not changed their opinion.

It's at 82% NO now.  I can't even fathom them rewarding a murderer in such a manner.  They should know 99% of the nation HATES her.  They trying to lose sales?  Dumbazzes

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #667 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/11/justice/florida-anthony-lawyer/
One of Casey Anthony's lawyers rushed to Florida hospital
From Mayra Cuevas, CNN
updated 3:16 PM EST, Fri November 11, 2011

(CNN).

"As far as I know, Mr. Mason was conscious at the time," Rodriguez told he was taken away by ambulance.

snip

Was Bozo running after the ambulance, U need a lawyer?

Why do they have to call him "Caylee Anthony's Lawyer"?  He would be just Lawyer if he hadn't thought it to be fun to represent the murderer and probably wouldn't even be in the news.  Makes me sick how she's changed so many things.  She is mentioned constantly in other cases across the country.  She's lovin' every second of it.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: November 15, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »

Remember when this all happened? Was it one of the days during court when Casey was ill that Mason was doubting her competency and didn't they have a competency exam and she was found fit?  We had wondered then if there had been a plea deal...am I on the right track?  Too bad she did not take the plea..

Was that the day with the meetings in the holding cell ? Obseververs in the courtroom heard yelling.
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #669 on: November 15, 2011, 10:31:34 AM »

Reading these snippits of the book has given me answers I've wondered about even though they're not directly made by Jeff. For example, when the biatch killed Caylee, why the duct tape across her face? Now I can understand the need for the duct tape too. I now believe, contrary to her claims that George deliberately drowned Caylee, ( there's always a bit of truth in every lie), the murderess deliberately drowned her. I think she probably drug her so it would be easy as the poor baby wouldn't be fighting for her life. She placed the duct tape over her mouth thinking she sure as he** didn't want them to find evidence of drowning/chlorine in her lungs once her little body was found, after all, what kidnapper drowns their victim in a swimming pool. Hence the duct tape, she didn't want her yelling for help AND didn't want her swallowing all that water, it was easier to suffocate her under water by forcing her only breathing through her nose.

Also, remember that poor baby wasn't well hidden in those woods. It was her plan all along to make it "more believable" to the public that it was a kidnapping once the body was found, another reason for the duct tape. It all took alot of planning and was premeditated by the skank, no doubt about it. You just have to replace "George" with Casey in her whole fabricated story.

My only remaining question is why JP didn't overrule the verdict to a lesser charge like second degree murder. I can only deduce it's the old boys club. That poor, poor baby never had a chance. My God how I still hate those people. G&A had a chance to make things right for Caylee, and they still aren't. They're all so friggen sick, and they make me sick.  

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #670 on: November 15, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »

It was on Friday, June 24th, that Mason asked for a competency hearing. I don't think Casey was feigning illness at that time.  I think it may have been around the time when we saw Casey sneering at Baez.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
4myjoey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #671 on: November 15, 2011, 10:33:06 AM »

Thanks! Post my vote to share on facebook    tweet it
Results

44%   Voted Yes
56%   Voted No

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2098471_2098472_2098518,00.html #ixzz1dR46RBYd

Let's hope they listen to the public, which has not changed their opinion.

It's at 82% NO now.  I can't even fathom them rewarding a murderer in such a manner.  They should know 99% of the nation HATES her.  They trying to lose sales?  Dumbazzes

Kim Kardashian got a vote of 96% NO, and Kim didn't kill a 2 year old.  Something is wrong with that picture.

But I can see the devils spawn sitting at the computer and voting every 5 minutes.  Clean out your cookies, vote.  Clean out your cookies, vote.  It's not like she's gotta go to work or anything.

I hate her......
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: November 15, 2011, 10:33:09 AM »

Was that the day with the meetings in the holding cell ? Obseververs in the courtroom heard yelling.
Yep, that's the day.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #673 on: November 15, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »

Bozo as "smarmy"?  I can think of another word that's almost spelled the same that some familiar with Yiddish might know. Here's a clue - sm**m*

Do No Evil 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: November 15, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »

It was on Friday, June 24th, that Mason asked for a competency hearing. I don't think Casey was feigning illness at that time.  I think it may have been around the time when we saw Casey sneering at Baez.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: November 15, 2011, 10:51:28 AM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45288944/ns/today-books/t/man-who-tried-convict-casey-anthony-tells-his-story/
The man who tried to convict Casey Anthony tells his story
In ‘Imperfect Justice,’ prosecutor Jeff Ashton recounts his frustrating struggle

By Jeff Ashton
TODAY books
updated 2 hours 19 minutes ago
At that moment, Judge Perry handed the verdict forms to the clerk and asked the defendant to rise. I didn’t give Casey much notice, staring instead at the clerk. I always try to read the clerk’s body language and eyes to detect how far down the page she is reading. “Guilty” is always the choice at the top of the page, with “not guilty” the lowest. This time, her eyes dropped down the whole page, not a good sign.

“As to Count One, murder in the first degree, we find the defendant not guilty,” she said.

I was stunned, numb, like the feeling a millisecond after an automobile accident when intellectually you know something just happened, but emotionally it’s too surreal to comprehend. When I heard “not guilty” on the second count, aggravated child abuse, I knew it was over. Count Three, aggravated manslaughter, was going to be “not guilty” as well. If the jury didn’t believe Casey had committed even child abuse, they were not going to find her guilty of anything.

Wow.

I could feel myself mouthing the word of disbelief, physically moving my lips and saying it, but not out loud. I stifled the urge to shake my head, even though that was what my body wanted to do. I did not want to demonstrate either approval or disapproval to the jury. To me, one of the most sacred rules of attorney decorum and respect is that you never demonstrate approval or disapproval of a jury’s verdict.

If there were gasps in the courtroom, I didn’t hear them. I don’t even remember hearing the guilty verdicts on the misdemeanor counts. I am not even sure if I heard the “not guilty” verdict on Count Three. Linda, Frank, and I all just sat there. I knew that Linda would be an absolute iceberg. She was the consummate professional and kept her emotions to herself. I was completely in my own head.

I knew what was happening, but I don’t remember processing it. It might be egotistical, but it never occurred to me that all twelve of those jurors, in that amount of time, could have rejected all that evidence. It had always been in our minds that they could find Casey guilty of second-degree murder or manslaughter, but a complete “not guilty”? That was shocking.

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #676 on: November 15, 2011, 10:51:41 AM »

Here's a fun fact.....On the way to Pinellas County for jury selection, Linda Drane-Burdick had on a Casey 82 Hoodie and oversized white sunglasses,which Jeff totally ignored,didn't notice until Frank George mentioned it.
lol...I LOVE Linda!!!!  Oh, to have a picture of that!!!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: November 15, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »

Reuters recap of June 24;   RECAP
Casey Anthony trial delayed by unexplained "legal issue"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/25/us-crime-anthony-idUSTRE75M60020110625
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #678 on: November 15, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »

I wonder how many of the jurors are reading Jeff's book right now?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: November 15, 2011, 11:06:16 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/video-report-former-casey-prosecutor-releases-book/vFCF2/
Video report: Former Casey prosecutor releases book
Prosecutor Jeff Ashton calls Casey Anthony's accusation that her father George began molesting her when she was eight years old, then eventually started raping her, "the nuclear lie."

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.