March 28, 2024, 08:51:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #11 10/19/11 - 11/22/11  (Read 277210 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: November 16, 2011, 07:01:53 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/casey-anthony/Ashton-discusses-mistakes-in-Casey-Anthony-trial/-/1638630/4770078/-/29e9hgz/-/index.html
Ashton discusses mistakes in Casey Anthony trial
Prosecutor discusses jury, expert testimony, verdict in Anthony murder trial
Published On: Nov 16 2011 05:00:51 PM CST

ORLANDO, Fla. -

In Jeff Ashton's recent release called "Imperfect Justice," he spends a lot of time placing blame, but in an interview with Tony Pipitone on Wednesday, he discusses some of his own mistakes.

Ashton prosecuted Casey Anthony this summer on charges that she murdered her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony. Anthony was found not guilty in Caylee's death.

"The reality is we don't win or lose cases. The facts win or lose cases. We try our best to make the facts reveal the facts to the jury and argue, but ultimately, jurors decide cases and this case was won or lost on the facts, not what either of us did," Ashton said.

Ashton had plenty of criticisms for others involved in the case.

"The outcome doesn't change the quality of the work. There were things (defense attorney) Jose Baez did wrong in this case, things that showed his inexperience," Ashton said.

He also had words for experts in the case, including the medical examiner and FBI and Orange County Sheriff's Office personnel who, he claims, failed to properly preserve, photograph or investigate what turned out to be key evidence.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: November 16, 2011, 07:12:06 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/november/344602/George-and-Cindy-Anthony-read-Jeff-Ashtons-new-book

George and Cindy Anthony read Jeff Ashton's new book

Lippman said George and Cindy Anthony don't begrudge Ashton for writing the book. They said don't have a problem with it, and that Ashton is entitled to his opinions.

If the Anthonys see anything incorrect, Lippman said they will come out and correct it.

As for their communication with Casey, who remains on probation in an unknown location, Lippman said there has been none. Zero.

Lippman said he's been told Casey wants nothing to do with her father, and she has not spoken with either George or Cindy since her release from jail in July.

Cindy still thinks she's running the show!  Monkey Devil!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: November 16, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »

Tupelo...  Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friends/index.html#/v/1278451403001/casey-anthony-prosecutor-tells-all-in-new-book/?playlist_id=86912
November 16, 2011
Casey Anthony Prosecutor Tells All in New Book

Jeff Ashton's in-depth look into case

~ Peter Frampton
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: November 16, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »

Here was my question for Jeff, it's not showing up yet:
  Would the police be able to charge George with Caylee's murder by drowning thereby forcing Casey to take the stand and testify as a witness since that's what she and her lawyers claimed in a court of law?  Why aren't they charged with wrongful disposal of a body? OR
   You said in an interview you wanted us to remember how much Cindy and George loved Caylee.... why are they or one of them not launching a civil suit against Casey for wrongful death then?
I have the same question and also I have another question for him.....if caylee drowned and George was mad because he blamed Casey of caylee's dead "look what you've done" as per Bobo's opening statement (it means that Casey was baby sitting caylee that day) how is possible that hours later her precious baby died she is so happy with her boyfriend renting movies.....or bozzo said that caylee drowned when she was under George's care.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: November 17, 2011, 02:01:59 AM »

I read both comment sections and it looks like the paid commenters are too embarassed to try to put the bozo spin on either article;
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/11/jeff-ashton-tells-dr-phil-i-wish-i-hadnt-smirked.html#comments
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/11/did-casey-anthony-survive-attempt-on-her-life.html
cece5300
Scared Monkey

« Reply #806 on: November 17, 2011, 02:27:02 AM »

Hello monkees!

I haven't been here in a while and I'm trying to read through everyone's comments, but is it true there might be a Lifetime movie made based on Jeff Ashton's book? If thisis true, can I just say how much I LOVE that no one cares / wants anything to do with KC, but they'll make a movie featuring the prosecution's side of the story (a.k.a the truth!)?? The slore must be furious! I hope the world shuns her and I hope Caylee comes to her in her sleep every night.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: November 17, 2011, 06:21:08 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/11/did-casey-anthony-survive-attempt-on-her-life.html
The Enquirer reports that the death threat read: “I know where you are, I’m coming to put a bullet through your brain.”

A source, described as an “insider,” told The Enquirer: ”There are plenty of people who want to kill Casey because they believe she got away with murdering little Caylee. Her bodyguards rushed her off in the middle of the night to another safe house, a prearranged safe hideout that was available in the event of such an emergency.”

I have requested a comment from defense attorney Jose Baez.

Who would risk going to jail for that piece of trash?
Also,if it had been a real "hit man" situation,this story would have a different ending.IMO 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: November 17, 2011, 06:23:35 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/11/jeff-ashton-tells-dr-phil-i-wish-i-hadnt-smirked.html#comments
Ashton said he never believed Caylee had drowned. “Nobody takes a child that is drowned in a pool, then dumps them in a swamp with duct tape over their mouth,” he said.

Ashton said the jury was bland and not made up of passionate, decisive people. “All of those people had already put the pieces together,” Ashton told McGraw.

Why wasn’t there a conviction? Prominent attorney Mark Geragos cited the sequestration of  the jury and “the pretty white girl exception,” which kept the jury from giving death to Anthony.

Marcia Clark, the prosecutor in the O.J. Simpson murder case, described a trial as a popularity contest. “When jurors go into a case and they decide they like the defendant for whatever reason might be, there’s not going to be a way for a prosecutor to convince there’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt,” she said.

Ashton said prosecutors misjudged the jurors and thought they could look beyond performance.

Jane Velez-Mitchell of HLN weighed in on the media’s role in the case. “Don’t blame the media. The case was lost from the get-go, because they didn’t find the body for six months,” she said.

Velez-Mitchell added that the public learned “a tremendous amount”  about the legal system through the high-profile case.

Ashton said the media did what they were supposed to do: Report information. But the heavy reporting limited the jury pool, he added.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: November 17, 2011, 06:25:19 AM »

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: November 17, 2011, 07:04:12 AM »

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/251260/20111117/missing-babies-lisa-irwin-tyler-dasher-sky.htm
Missing Babies Lisa Irwin, Tyler Dasher, Sky Metalwala and Caylee Anthony: Who is to Blame?
By Drishya Nair | November 17, 2011 6:05 AM EST
The Curious Case of Missing Babies

From the time Casey Anthony was acquitted of the murder charges of her two year old daughter Caylee, the number of "missing baby" reports seems to have gone up. But wait... Are they simply going up? Or is it that the missing babies in question are being victims of something? Something that may be common in all the recent four cases reported.
A blogger in examiner.com brought out some points in her article on missing children, which are worth pondering about. According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, approximately 2,000 children are reported missing in the United States each day. Now is that fact not alarming enough to start taking steps towards preventing it?

Out of the four recent cases, three mothers are in their early 20s. It started with two-year-old Caylee Anthony going missing, then Lisa Irwin, Tyler Dasher and then Sky Metalwala. All the kids were reported missing from in and around their houses or may be hardly any distance away from the parents. Except for Caylee, the three other kids were reported missing by their mothers. 

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: November 17, 2011, 08:23:36 AM »

Ashton said he never believed Caylee had drowned. “Nobody takes a child that is drowned in a pool, then dumps them in a swamp with duct tape over their mouth,” he said.

Ashton said the jury was bland and not made up of passionate, decisive people. “All of those people had already put the pieces together,” Ashton told McGraw.

Why wasn’t there a conviction? Prominent attorney Mark Geragos cited the sequestration of  the jury and “the pretty white girl exception,” which kept the jury from giving death to Anthony.

Marcia Clark, the prosecutor in the O.J. Simpson murder case, described a trial as a popularity contest. “When jurors go into a case and they decide they like the defendant for whatever reason might be, there’s not going to be a way for a prosecutor to convince there’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt,” she said.

Ashton said prosecutors misjudged the jurors and thought they could look beyond performance.

Jane Velez-Mitchell of HLN weighed in on the media’s role in the case. “Don’t blame the media. The case was lost from the get-go, because they didn’t find the body for six months,” she said.

Velez-Mitchell added that the public learned “a tremendous amount”  about the legal system through the high-profile case.

Ashton said the media did what they were supposed to do: Report information. But the heavy reporting limited the jury pool, he added.

JVM is wrong with that statement.  Sure, there is no scientific cause of death because of the delay in finding Caylee, but COD is not needed. However, the duct tape, which should have never been at the scene for any reason, let alone over her mouth and nose, is an "in your face" visiual COD, imo.  Google Amanda Brown/Willie Crane.    WC got the death penalty and Amanda's body has never been found.  It's speculated that WC put her body in a crab trap in Tampa Bay.  No, this jury for Caylee, did not listen to evidence, blamed George, used no common sense and wanted to go home.  They are truly 12 bland idiots.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: November 17, 2011, 09:22:55 AM »

I agree Tupes!
The jurors were idiots IMO.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: November 17, 2011, 09:34:22 AM »

I agree Tupes!

I agree with both Tupelo and Cookie!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
dani
Scared Monkey

dum spiro spero.

« Reply #814 on: November 17, 2011, 09:35:56 AM »

I'm about 70% done with JA's book. Some of it makes me laugh, but a lot of it brings me back to all of those emotions I felt while watching the trial & hearing the verdict! 

-- my sailor is home, i am complete! --
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: November 17, 2011, 09:42:06 AM »

I agree Tupes!

I agree with both Tupelo and Cookie!

Like 3 blind mice multiplied. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: November 17, 2011, 09:44:01 AM »

http://www.northjersey.com/community/134019183_Observations_from_the_courtroom__Veteran_reporter_discusses_Casey_Anthony_Trial.html?page=all
Observations from the courtroom: Veteran reporter discusses Casey Anthony Trial
Wednesday, November 16, 2011    Last updated: Thursday November 17, 2011, 1:58 AM
BY LINDSEY KELLEHER
STAFF WRITER
The Item of Millburn and Short Hills

Walensky
Sitting in the front row of Florida's Orange County Courthouse, reporter and former township resident Robyn Walensky covered the Casey Anthony Trial for WDBO Radio in Orlando.

From this vantage point, Walensky observed the Casey Anthony Trial from its beginning to its end, which she writes about in her new book, "Beautiful Life? — The CSI Behind the Casey Anthony Trial & My Observations from Courtroom Seat #1." In this book, readers will hear first-hand accounts from the crime scene investigators and detectives at the Orange County Sheriff's Office who investigated the disappearance and death of 2 1/2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony.

~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: November 17, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »

Lengthy (31 minutes) but I quite enjoyed this video with Kathi Belich and Bill Sheaffer.

Thanks!

It is excellent.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #818 on: November 17, 2011, 10:22:03 AM »

I thought Mr. Ashton was being exceedingly kind by calling the jurors "bland."  Monkey Devil! I have some other words for them.

I remember you, Caylee.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: November 17, 2011, 10:25:15 AM »

I thought Mr. Ashton was being exceedingly kind by calling the jurors "bland."  Monkey Devil! I have some other words for them.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.