March 28, 2024, 03:23:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Demand Jobs And Products v. Obama  (Read 1460 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 15, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »

"We have a choice to make as a nation, because we will be buying renewable energy products, you know, whether it's wind, biofuel, solar, whether alternative -- rather, you know, advanced battery technology, we're going to be buying that stuff. Do we want to buy it with a stamp on it that says 'Made in America' or are we going to buy it from the Chinese or from other countries?" Carney asked.

read more here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/15/despite-stimulus-funding-solyndra-and-4-other-companies-have-hit-rock-bottom/

How many energy products does one buy on a daily basis?  Electric?  Gas (oil and natural)?

How often does one buy solar panels?  A new car battery?

How many jobs are any of these products likely to provide?  Enough to employ all of us?

What are the products folks use and buy every day?  A quick to Walmart, Target, and other big box stores might provide some answers.

When I go to the mall or to a store, I see displays begin restocked nightly, daily, and empty shelves.  What are folks buying?

Shoes, clothing, electronics, books, toys, snacks, tires, linens, seasonal, camping goods, homegoods...the list seems endless.  How many items do these stores stocks?  Hundreds of thousands? 

I've never seen a solar panel or electric car battery.

How many jobs are Obama's big 'green' plans likely to produce?  I think, few if any long term.  Why?  Outpriced by Chinese goods.  Sounds a lot like what happened to all those other products in China.

Why doesn't Obama's job team include small growing business?  Folks that manufacture things right here?

I find it hard to believe that $200 gym shoes, made outside the US have a higher labor cost as compared to the $20 pair. 

How many jobs in China has Obama created?  Why do the Chinese need out borrowed tax dollars?  Don't they get enough money from their own government?

The high demand jobs and products are all around us.  For some reason, Obama focuses on jobs that are dead end.  Taxes that make American goods uncompetitive in any market.

For some reason, the Obama admin folks want to keep outsourcing jobs.  Gibson guitar is just one example in the news.  How many businesses just give up and relocate? 

Why isn't Obama making it easier for Americans to keep their businesses here?  Why keep throwing money at our competition?  Washington just doesn't make sense...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »

A hundred years ago, what were the jobs of the future?  Auto assembly line?

What did people buy?  Clothing?  Shoes?  Fabric?  Furniture?  Bedding?

What jobs did government throw money at?  How many presidents threw money at businesses, foreign business, foreign governments, foreign workers, global business...to create jobs in foreign countries?

There is something wrong, when government seems to do more harm than good...and keeps up programs that aren't working.

just my humble opinion

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.