April 23, 2024, 07:21:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #639 6/13 - 6/15/2007  (Read 159662 times)
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: June 14, 2007, 03:51:19 PM »

WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

the DUTCH are gonna get all of them

i can sense it  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #401 on: June 14, 2007, 03:53:19 PM »

THE DEAL

No doubt Van Der Straaten and Van Der Sloot were old time friends. No doubt they would do favors for each other. Van Der Straaten was wiretapped in the beginning of the case with Paulus Van Der Sloot. They had a series of highly suspicious calls.

Contents of calls still unknown.

So how would Joran end up in a mental hospital? Most likely by a guilty plea and found guilty by reason of insanity. However, that would cloud the remaining portion of the Sporter's life.

5 years MAX in a mental institution and no long lasting criminal record. Also, Joran was a minor when the crime was committed. The longest he might have actually been held is until his 21 st birthday. So in a sense, less than 4 years. If you factor in the time it would take to ramp up for the trial and to get the trial concluded, Joran might have served less than two years.

Van Der Straaten certainly tried to back door a plea deal. But where is the deal for the Kalpoes? There probably wasn't one. The Kalpoes would go away for 15 years.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: June 14, 2007, 03:54:55 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
That is a HUGE WoW!

Also sounds much like a plea bargain which we have been assured does not exist in their system.

Yes, why would vd Straten be making this offer if he thought Joran was innocent.  Obviously, he knows otherwise.  Maybe the Dutch KLPD should be questioning vdStraten under oath before a judge and find out what he really knows.

JMO

I didn't know Van der Straaten had the power to make this deal.  I thought it would be Karin Janssen who could cut this deal.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Quote from: "msmarple"
bleached - I just posted your car problem story in the Murder & Crime thread. Thanks you (as always) for picking up on this stuff - I don't think we had that particular incident.

In the process - noticed that the M&C thread has 30,050 views.

BROKE 30,000!

msmarple can you tell me where the crime thread is located now? I see the o/t thread on the front page with 30.000 views but that is all. Thank-you in advance.

bleached - my sig line takes you to the Summary page. Subsequent pages are items that have happened since the last Summary Update, which was January 2007.

It's in Important Case Documents.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #404 on: June 14, 2007, 03:57:21 PM »

June 13th 2005 was also the day Renfro created the diversion with Jug and his friend and said Natalee would be presented at the court house.

+++

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #405 on: June 14, 2007, 03:58:05 PM »

Again we hear about Deepak showing up "with two dogs" . Can only mean 2 other guys, "dawgs", but it is strange none-the-less. I think someone did show up with 2 dawgs but likely it wasn't Deepak. Guido was likely one of the dawgs

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2007, 03:58:33 PM »

The KLPD are reported to have stopped on Bon Aire before arriving on Aruba. Van Der Straaten is on Bon Aire.

+++

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #407 on: June 14, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »

Again we hear about Deepak showing up "with two dogs" . Can only mean 2 other guys, "dawgs", but it is strange none-the-less. I think someone did show up with 2 dawgs but likely it wasn't Deepak. Guido was likely one of the dawgs

Yes, was thinking the same...you beat me!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: June 14, 2007, 04:03:07 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
THE DEAL

No doubt Van Der Straaten and Van Der Sloot were old time friends. No doubt they would do favors for each other. Van Der Straaten was wiretapped in the beginning of the case with Paulus Van Der Sloot. They had a series of highly suspicious calls.

So how would Joran end up in a mental hospital? Most likely by a guilty plea and found guilty by reason of insanity. However, that would cloud the remaining portion of the Sporter's life.

5 years MAX in a mental institution and no long lasting criminal record. Also, Joran was a minor when the crime was committed. The longest he might have actually been held is until his 21 st birthday. So in a sense, less than 4 years. If you factor in the time it would take to ramp up for the trial and to get the trial concluded, Joran might have served less than two years.

Van Der Straaten certainly tried to back door a plea deal. But where is the deal for the Kalpoes? There probably wasn't one. The Kalpoes would go away for 15 years.

Deal or No Deal.  Kalpoes said no deal because they were not the ones who killed Natalee and why should they throw away their lives for this monster.  Kalpoes are guilty of kidnapping and rape.  Due to their age they still would serve more time than Joran.  Van der Straaten needs to be brought up on charges.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: June 14, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »

I agree Bleached.  It was Guido.
the big hammer
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #410 on: June 14, 2007, 04:04:40 PM »

ISA: 5/30/05

Klaas -- a question...

Do you have access to the student comment, or headmaster comment from International SChool of Aruba indicating jvds said Natalee hit her head on a rock and drowned?  This supposedly happened on May 30, 2005.

Do we still have that comment w/ attribution and sourcing?

If yes, please post here --

Many Thanks.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #411 on: June 14, 2007, 04:04:52 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Rob"
THE DEAL

Deal or No Deal.  Kalpoes said no deal because they were not the ones who killed Natalee and why should they throw away their lives for this monster.  Kalpoes are guilty of kidnapping and rape.  Due to their age they still would serve more time than Joran.  Van der Straaten needs to be brought up on charges.

This is CRAZY!

+++

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: June 14, 2007, 04:07:06 PM »

please click: {{do not click on the link - virus detected}} Why in the world would Joran want to put that stuff in a book?  Has the woman that wrote the book done any interviews?
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: June 14, 2007, 04:07:39 PM »

June 3, 2005 JVDStraaten was quoted;
The search has not been extended to Venezuela, whose coastline is only 25 miles from Aruba at the nearest point, or the neighboring Dutch island of Curacao, van der Straaten said.

I guess since he knew the facts of the case.....there was no need to extend the search to Venezuela?
+++++++++++++++++++

Thursday June 17th JVDStraaten told associated press;
 "On Thursday, however, Police Superintendent Jan van der Straaten told The Associated Press that authorities used a helicopter "to search for possible remains — but found nothing." He declined to say where the search was conducted."

http://tinyurl.com/2f33de

++++++++++

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #414 on: June 14, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »

please click: {{do not click on the link - virus detected}} Where did that come from?   Shocked
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #415 on: June 14, 2007, 04:08:49 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
please click: {{do not click on the link - virus detected}} Why in the world would Joran want to put that stuff in a book?  Has the woman that wrote the book done any interviews?

Easy,

What is the site you linked to? The computers at work have it blocked.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: June 14, 2007, 04:10:09 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Quote from: "sharon"
Question.

If JORAN wrote that -- WHY should we believe it  Question

So true, Sharon.  When I was reading Deepak's account of Joran's window smashing, etc. I was thinking 'why would Joran put this in his book?'  Sure, there are PVs we have not seen, but it didn't make sense that he'd allow such a negative picture of himself.

I am wondering the same. Why would he put something in writing that portayed him in such a negative light for all the world to read. Arrogance? Stupidity? or is this just back to that old PIMP thing ? ...feeling like a tuff guy, hardcore showoff......

Laughing

I'm such a logical thinker by nature, that I can't get past this part Very Happy

All I can deduce is that Joran feels (or KNOWS) that he is untouchable and he's rubbing it in someone's face.

Or, he wants to be punished Confused

If there ever needed to be an argument in favor of birth control, Joran's picture will accompany it Twisted Evil

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2007, 04:11:01 PM »

Quote from: "the big hammer"
Sounds Like "A Deal"?

From JusticeforNatalee's post: Johanna at BFN

Page 156, June 13 informal talk with Jan van der Straaten.

Jan van der Straaten, head commissar of the police, talked to me after lunch around 1 pm, informally at the police station in Oranjestad. He said: Joran, I have known your father for years. I only want to help you. I am going to see to it that you can go to Holland. That you will not have to go to jail, but that you will be committed in a mental institution. You only will have to tell the truth.

Whoever wrote the book is sure not making Joran out to be the "ordinary teen" his parents and Joe Taco talk about.  To paraphrase, "his OWN BOOK, unbelievable!"   Laughing  Laughing

You mean, as per jvds book, there is a PV or statement indicating this?

What does this sound like to you?

Van der Straaten seems to know that joran killed Natalee, and he's trying to cut a deal.  Probably would use the goon's psychiatric treatments as support for such a defense and finding.

Now that's a "WOW".

lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #418 on: June 14, 2007, 04:14:39 PM »

Embarassed Sorry, my comments got posted in the middle of that quote stack  Embarassed
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2007, 04:17:33 PM »

Quote from: "lexie"
Quote from: "the big hammer"
Sounds Like "A Deal"?

From JusticeforNatalee's post: Johanna at BFN

Page 156, June 13 informal talk with Jan van der Straaten.

Jan van der Straaten, head commissar of the police, talked to me after lunch around 1 pm, informally at the police station in Oranjestad. He said: Joran, I have known your father for years. I only want to help you. I am going to see to it that you can go to Holland. That you will not have to go to jail, but that you will be committed in a mental institution. You only will have to tell the truth.

You mean, as per jvds book, there is a PV or statement indicating this?

What does this sound like to you?

Van der Straaten seems to know that joran killed Natalee, and he's trying to cut a deal.  Probably would use the goon's psychiatric treatments as support for such a defense and finding.

Now that's a "WOW".

Corrected post:
Whoever wrote the book sure does not portray Joran as the "ordinary teen" his parents and Joe Taco talk about.  To paraphrase, "HIS OWN BOOK, UNBELIEVABLE!"    Laughing  Laughing  Add in the comments from Deepak about Joran's delinquent behavior.... What do we have here?  A THUG, pure and simple.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.