March 28, 2024, 11:50:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KERRA WILSON 8 YO MISSING 9/21/11 MITCHELL,NE (Body Found-Arrest)  (Read 48322 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: September 22, 2011, 09:04:39 PM »

http://www.nebraska.tv/story/15527397/search-continues-for-missing-mitchell-girl

Search Continues for Missing Mitchell Girl

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 3:25 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 22, 2011 3:25 PM CDT

(Mitchell, Neb.) - The search continues for a Mitchell girl missing for more than 24 hours.

The Nebraska State Patrol (NSP) in conjunction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Scotts Bluff County Sheriff's Office, Scotts Bluff County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and the Mitchell Police Department, along with community volunteers, continue to search for 8-year-old Kerra Wilson.

"We have a little girl who hasn't been seen since Wednesday morning," said Nebraska State Patrol Lieutenant Monica Bartling. "We are focused on finding Kerra and reuniting her with her family."

Kerra was last seen on Wednesday, Sept. 21, when she was dropped off just before 8 a.m., (MDT), in the parking lot of the Mitchell elementary school by her stepfather. School officials notified Kerra's family when she was not in class.

She was reported missing to law enforcement by family members shortly before 3 p.m. (MDT).

::snipping2::
Edit to Subject Line.  MB
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:17:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

http://www.nebraska.tv/story/15527397/search-continues-for-missing-mitchell-girl

Search Continues for Missing Mitchell Girl

Kerra Wilson is an 8-year-old, white female with brown hair (with red streaks) and blue eyes, 4'2" tall, weighing 78 pounds. She was last seen wearing a sky blue short-sleeve shirt with white lettering, darker blue shorts and twinkle toe shoes. She was possibly carrying a blue knapsack with "Kids Fitness and Nutrition Day" written on it in white lettering.

Additional information and pictures can be found on the Nebraska State Patrol website through the Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

Anyone with information that may help in locating Kerra Wilson is asked to call the Nebraska State Patrol at (308) 632-1211.

Courtesy: Nebraska State Patrol

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »

what a sweet looking little girl...I hope she is safe somewhere..We are needing a miracle here God..please allow us another one...xxxx

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »

http://lostnmissing.posterous.com/urgent-missing-kerra-wilson-8-mitchell-nebras

URGENT MISSING: Kerra Wilson, 8 Mitchell, Nebraska

Nebraska State Patrol investigator Monica Bartling says there are no leads in the disappearance of a Mitchell elementary third grader, Kerra Wilson.

Eight year old Kerra M. Wilson of Sioux County was last seen in the parking lot of the elementary school around 8 a.m. Wednesday after her stepfather dropped her off. School personnel alerted her mother Amanda Lopez Wednesday afternoon she had not been seen at school and that's when Lopez and school officials became concerned and contacted law enforcement.

Bartling says the girl, 4'2" tall and 78 [pounds, has brown, shoulder length hair with red stripes in it. The girl was wearing a sky blue short sleeve blue shirt, possibly with white numbers or letters on it. She was also wearing dark blue cotton shorts and had a blue knapsack.

Bartling says anyone with information should call the Scotts Bluff County Communications center at 436-6666 or the Nebraska State Patrol at 632-1211.

(Kerra may have this with her)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »

what a sweet looking little girl...I hope she is safe somewhere..We are needing a miracle here God..please allow us another one...xxxx

an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/FBI_Joins_Search_for_Missing_Girl_130362658.html

Updated: 7:39 PM Sep 22, 2011

FBI Joins Search For Missing Girl

Last seen Wednesday morning

The FBI has joined in the search for 8-year-old Kerra Wilson, last seen in the parking lot of her elementary school in the Nebraska panhandle town of Mitchell on Wednesday morning.

Kerra was dropped off at Mitchell Elementary School around 8 a.m. The building has security cameras. They did not show her walking into school that morning.

The search has widened to rural areas of Scotts Bluff County, both from the air and on the ground. “We are utilizing every resource available to us in our search for Kerra,” said Nebraska State Patrol Lt. Monica Bartling. “We would encourage anyone who may have seen her or has any information they believe would aid in finding Kerra to please contact authorities.”

Lt. Bartling said the girl's mother and stepfather are cooperating. Kerra has no history of running away and no major disagreements with her parents. Lt. Bartling said an Amber Alert hasn't been issued because the patrol has no information that the girl's been abducted.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »

I don't like the way this sounds 

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/22/news/local_news/doc4e7bdd201d9a2272603131.txt

Whereabouts of 8-year-old girl still a mystery

By MAUNETTE LOEKS
Staff Reporter
Published: Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:13 PM CDT
 MITCHELL — Authorities have been investigating the disappearance of eight-year-old Kerra Wilson for nearly 36 hours now. Despite the best of efforts, her whereabouts remain unknown, Lt. Monica Bartling of the Nebraska State Patrol said Thursday evening.

Searchers with the Nebraska State Patrol, Scotts Bluff County Sheriff’s Department, Scotts Bluff County Emergency Response, Mitchell Police Department and many others have been vigorously searching for Wilson. The girl’s grandmother reported her missing at about 3 p.m. “We have a plethora of people here,” Bartling said, saying that all resources are being exhausted. The FBI and National Centers for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) arrived in Mitchell Thursday to assist.

The girl’s stepfather has told police that he dropped off the girl at the Mitchell elementary school she has attended since kindergarten. Her stepfather is the last person reported to have seen her.

However, Bartling said during a press conference Thursday, video camera does not show Wilson entering the school. Video from surveillance cameras from businesses near the school also does not show Wilson and reports that she had gone to a nearby Subway have not been able to be confirmed.

Authorities know that Wilson did not enter the school.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »

I don't like the way it sounds either Klaas.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 09:34:35 PM »

Mom's facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000879506244

Stepdad's facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000881757952&sk=wall
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »

I saw that LE has asked that local not do searches.  That tells me a lot right there.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MISSINGKerra-M-Wilson/275996465751841

MISSINGKerra M. Wilson
Community

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »

I saw that LE has asked that local not do searches.  That tells me a lot right there.

wow..I missed that!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »

saw it after reading her facebook page..I just left a message over there for her...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

http://www.kotanow.com/story/15528349/state-patrol-holding-6-pm-press-conference-on-missing-girl

State Patrol holding 6 p.m. Press Conference on missing girl
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 2:56 PM PDT Updated: Sep 22, 2011 2:56 PM PDT

The Nebraska State Patrol, in conjunction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, will hold a media briefing, today, Thursday, Sept. 22, on the search for 8-year-old Kerra Wilson of Mitchell.

Wilson went missing Wednesday morning from Mitchell Elementary School. Search and rescue teams have been out searching for the girl for the past 24- hours.

Tune in to KOTA Territory News at 10 o'clock for details from tonight's briefing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »

There is going to be a news conference at 10pm according to someone on facebook

MISSINGKerra M. Wilson
There will be a conference from the N state patrol, can be seen on KOTA at 10.
Like · · Share · 2 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MISSINGKerra-M-Wilson/275996465751841
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110922/NEWS97/110929904/1007

Kerra Wilson was reported missing Wednesday shortly before 3 p.m. MDT by her grandmother.

Published Thursday September 22, 2011

Search on for missing girl

By Maunette Loeks
WORLD-HERALD NEWS SERVICE

Kerra, daughter of Amanda Lopez, was described as 4-foot-2 and weighing 78 pounds.

She has brown, shoulder-length hair with red streaks in it. She was wearing a sky blue short-sleeved shirt, possibly with white numbers or letters.

Kerra also was believed to be wearing darker blue cotton shorts and could be carrying a blue knapsack with strings that says, “Kids Fitness and Nutrition Day.”

“She is a tiny girl,” Bartling said.

The FBI is among the agencies involved in the search. A consultant from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children of Alexandria, Va., arrived to help.

The State Patrol has used its airplane and helicopter. Local authorities used a search dog.

Officials are discouraging searches by citizens.

“I understand the frustration,” Scotts Bluff County Attorney Doug Warner said, saying that he knows efforts to put together search teams are well intentioned. “However, it is not preferred.”

The Scotts Bluff County CERT team, made up of area citizens, also is involved in the search.

Warner said, however, the CERT volunteers are trained specifically to assist in searches and understand “the history of a scene is important.''

“There is more to it than tramping through the weeds,” he said. “That is why we have people trained in searches.”

Warner said citizens wishing to help are urged to “keep their eyes open” and report anything suspicious to police. Farmers can help by checking their properties and looking for anything amiss.

A local citizen has put together a reward fund.

Cathy Livengood, a Scottsbluff resident, said she had already raised $300 for information on Kerra's disappearance.

Livengood said she has children of her own and a 3 year-old grandson.

“I just feel like I have to do something,” she said, saying that she hopes to raise at least $1,000.

“This has really hit close to home. It doesn't make sense to me that no one has seen her.”

The fund has been set up at Valley Bank and Trust.

Anyone with information on the case should call the Scotts Bluff County Communications center at 308-436-6666, the Nebraska State Patrol at 308-632-1211 or the Omaha FBI office, 402-493-8688.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »

I don't like the way this sounds 

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/22/news/local_news/doc4e7bdd201d9a2272603131.txt

Whereabouts of 8-year-old girl still a mystery

By MAUNETTE LOEKS
Staff Reporter
Published: Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:13 PM CDT
 MITCHELL — Authorities have been investigating the disappearance of eight-year-old Kerra Wilson for nearly 36 hours now. Despite the best of efforts, her whereabouts remain unknown, Lt. Monica Bartling of the Nebraska State Patrol said Thursday evening.

Searchers with the Nebraska State Patrol, Scotts Bluff County Sheriff’s Department, Scotts Bluff County Emergency Response, Mitchell Police Department and many others have been vigorously searching for Wilson. The girl’s grandmother reported her missing at about 3 p.m. “We have a plethora of people here,” Bartling said, saying that all resources are being exhausted. The FBI and National Centers for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) arrived in Mitchell Thursday to assist.

The girl’s stepfather has told police that he dropped off the girl at the Mitchell elementary school she has attended since kindergarten. Her stepfather is the last person reported to have seen her.

However, Bartling said during a press conference Thursday, video camera does not show Wilson entering the school. Video from surveillance cameras from businesses near the school also does not show Wilson and reports that she had gone to a nearby Subway have not been able to be confirmed.

Authorities know that Wilson did not enter the school.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »

http://www.kotanow.com/story/15529610/nsp-gives-updates-on-kerra-wilson

NSP gives updates on Kerra Wilson

A press conference by the Nebraska State Patrol does not shed any new light on the whereabouts of a missing girl from Mitchell.

Lieutenant Monica Bartling addressed local media on the past 36 hours spent searching for 8-year-old Kerra Wilson.

The third grader has been identified as an "endangered missing juvenile".

Bartling says that Kerra's mother and step-father have been cooperative in the investigation.

The biological father has not been interviewed... but may not have *ever* known that he had a daughter.

Someone of Facebook indicated the bio dad is in prison.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 10:28:19 PM »

http://www.kotanow.com/story/15529610/nsp-gives-updates-on-kerra-wilson

NSP gives updates on Kerra Wilson

A press conference by the Nebraska State Patrol does not shed any new light on the whereabouts of a missing girl from Mitchell.

Lieutenant Monica Bartling addressed local media on the past 36 hours spent searching for 8-year-old Kerra Wilson.

The third grader has been identified as an "endangered missing juvenile".

Bartling says that Kerra's mother and step-father have been cooperative in the investigation.

The biological father has not been interviewed... but may not have *ever* known that he had a daughter.

Someone of Facebook indicated the bio dad is in prison.

Thanks Klaas

Nancy Grace covered the disappearance of this little girl.  In the process of elimination ... I hope the mother and stepfather submitted to and passed a polygraph.

Apparently ... there was a report that Kerra was seen sitting on a picnic table across the street from the school at a closed Subway prior to the start of the school day.  There were employees inside but they did not observe her.

Janet

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 10:39:20 PM »

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=cxtx8xzx

Patrol: Citizen searches discouraged

Nebraska State Patrol investigator Monica Bartling says the biological father of missing Mitchell elementary student is not in her life and has not been interviewed about her disappearance.

Bartling made the statement as she conducted a press conference Thursday evening on the search for eight year old Kerra Wilson, a third grader from Sioux County who has been missing since her stepfather Salvador Lopez dropped her off for school around 8 a.m. Wednesday morning. A search for the little girl now includes federal state and local officials..

Bartling says Amanda Lopez indicated the father probably does not know he is involved with the missing girl.

Bartling says while the mother and stepfather have been "cooperative", they are still persons of interest, simply because they were the last ones they know to have seen her.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.