March 28, 2024, 02:24:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aliayah Lunsford, 3yo #1  (Read 371553 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: November 15, 2011, 10:15:06 AM »

I too, want to know why this case is not more high profile?  Where are the news people?  It should be up there with Lisa Irwin.  This baby deserves more!

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #341 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »

Monday, Nov. 28, 2011

Drug counseling ordered for missing girl's mom

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::
ELKINS, W.Va. —

A woman whose 3-year-old daughter has been missing for more than two months was ordered Monday to live apart from her husband after he admitting buying and using synthetic drugs called bath salts.

U.S. Magistrate John Kaull also ordered 29-year-old Lena Lunsford to undergo drug counseling while she stays with her mother in Walkersville and awaits trial on federal welfare fraud charges. Prosecutors had asked for home incarceration, but Kaull denied that request.

Prosecutors accused Lunsford of violating two conditions of her pre-trial release — that she refrain from using bath salts and other drugs, and that she report any and all contact with law enforcement to her probation officer.

Kaull ruled that Lunsford violated one of those terms by failing to report her Nov. 1 interaction with a state trooper but said there was not enough evidence to conclude the bath salts called "Sextacy" were hers.

Lunsford and her husband, Ralph, were caught with the drugs outside a Clarksburg paraphernalia shop. But Ralph testified Monday that the drugs were his, that he believed they were legal to buy, and that his wife didn't know he had them until the trooper approached the car.

"She didn't know what I was doing," he said. "I never told her I was going to buy it."

During the nearly two-hour hearing, Trooper Dennis Cayton revealed that State Police have had the Lunsfords under steady surveillance since their daughter Aliayah vanished from the family's rented home in Bendale on Sept. 24.
 ::snipping2::
Lunsford said his wife has not taken him to the Clarksburg shop since Nov. 1 and said the two have been living apart since they were evicted from their home.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Shawn Morgan said the landlord claims he is owed more than $1,400, suggesting the couple were at least three months behind on rent.

"So you haven't been paying rent, but you've been buying bath salts?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'd say you're right," he answered.
http://www.wtov9.com/ap/ap/crime/drug-counseling-ordered-for-missing-girls-mom/nFpJS/

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: December 02, 2011, 12:12:23 AM »

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/111201_7583.shtml

LUNSFORD CASE GOES NATIONAL
Nancy Grace Picks Up Story Of Missing 3-Year-Ol
d

Reported by: Send eMail Leslie Rubin
Web Producer: Leslie Rubin
Reported: Dec. 1, 2011 10:25 PM EST
Updated: Dec. 1, 2011 10:39 PM EST

The case a of missing toddler is brought back into the national spotlight.

Our very own Leslie Rubin spoke live on air with Nancy Grace tonight about Aliayah Lunsford.

Back when Aliayah first went missing, the show covered the story, but it hasn't been talked about on a national level since.

Now, it's once again caught the attention of HLN's Nancy Grace.

Grace spoke with many people on Thursday night's broadcast, but no local law enforcement from Lewis County or the FBI appeared on the show.

Video at the link above
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: December 02, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »

LE descriptions indicate she has her top four teeth missing.  Strange for a three year old.

My thoughts exactly.  She shouldn't be losing teeth for a couple of years, at least.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: December 02, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »

A little info on "bath salts."

“Bath Salt” Abuse Hits Epidemic Proportions
by Timothy Erickson, MD on April 13, 2011

The patient is a 27-year-old stock exchange worker who presents to the ED with a complaint of anxiety, chest pain, sweating, palpitations and a feeling of “paranoia and impending doom” following the recreational ingestion of “bath salts” two hours prior at a company party.

His pulse is: 120 beat/min; blood pressure: 170/100; respiratory rate: 32 breaths/min and temperature 100.7 F. He is pacing around the triage area demanding to see the “doctor in charge.”

Bath Salt Abuse
Bath salts are designer or synthetic drugs often containing amphetamine-like substances such as mephedrone, methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) which are similar to the amphetamine-like substance metcathinoine found in Cat or Qat.  Concentrated bath salt products are widely available on the internet and can be found in stores, truck stops and gas stations under names like Zoom 2, Aura, Vanilla Sky, Ivory Wave and White Rush. (Table 1) Mephedrone is a central nervous system stimulant, causing a sympathomimetic reaction with occasional psychological symptoms such as delusions, paranoia, psychosis and hallucinations. Addictive properties have been described with chronic use. The number of calls reported to national Poison Control Centers and visits to emergency departments have risen exponentially over the past several months. The most profound side effects from large overdoses include seizures, rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, and rarely death.

Like amphetamines and cocaine, the drug can be snorted, smoked, injected but can also be mixed into alcoholic beverages. Recreationally, the drug’s use was intended to be a legal synthetic high, much like the synthetic cannabinoid K-2 or Spice. The street value of a half gram package generally costs $25 to $30. Currently banned in the UK and several US States, there are plans to introduce a bill in Congress to impose a nationwide ban.

The drug can also cause combative behavior. ::snipping2::

http://www.epmonthly.com/subspecialties/toxicology/bath-salt-abuse-hits-epidemic-proportions/
BBM

I agree with the landlord.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: December 02, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »

From Facebook  LET'S SPREAD ALIAYAH's info NATION WIDE

Diane Miller Fuller
Vickie L Bowen
FACT : I just talked to a State Police Officer and he said I could post this :
Ralph Lunsford has been given 2 poly graph tests. the results were : 1, INCONCLUSIVE and 2, FAILED

https://www.facebook.com/groups/296662163679762/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/10632-ten-weeks-later-still-no-sign-of-aliayah-lunsford
Ten Weeks Later; Still No Sign of Aliayah Lunsford
Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2011 11:45 Written by Katie Lusso Sunday, 04 December 2011 00:52

Video at link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: December 07, 2011, 11:00:30 AM »

I too, want to know why this case is not more high profile?  Where are the news people?  It should be up there with Lisa Irwin.  This baby deserves more!

I think this case broke during the Michael Jackson case trial.  Every station was focused on that and this one seems to have slipped under the radar. 

I also believe that the mother's pregnancy kept her from taking a lie detector test, and everything went silent until the babies were born.  By then, the Michael Jackson trial had started. 

At least that is my best guess.   

littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #348 on: December 19, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »

http://www.wboy.com/story/16355931/2011/12/19/lena-lunsford-heads-to-child-protective-services-hearing

Lena Lunsford, the mother of three year old Aliayah Lunsford who disappeared almost three months ago, had a Child Protective Services hearing Monday.

Relatives said Lunsford is trying to regain custody of her six children including twins born just last month.

Demonstrators formed outside the Lewis County courthouse before the hearing.

The demonstrators want CPS to keep Lunsford's children in foster care at least until Aliayah is found.

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #349 on: December 19, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/11046-ralph-lunsford

5 NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Watch Us Question Ralph Lunsford

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: December 19, 2011, 09:10:10 PM »

Moving to the high profile area in hopes we get more interest in this case. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: December 19, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »

Per your suggestion, I moved it up to the high profile area in hopes she will get more attention.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #352 on: December 19, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »

Thanks klass for moving the thread an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #353 on: December 19, 2011, 11:59:41 PM »

http://www.wboy.com/story/16355931/2011/12/19/lena-lunsford-heads-to-child-protective-services-hearing

Lena Lunsford, the mother of three year old Aliayah Lunsford who disappeared almost three months ago, had a Child Protective Services hearing Monday.

Relatives said Lunsford is trying to regain custody of her six children including twins born just last month.

Demonstrators formed outside the Lewis County courthouse before the hearing.

The demonstrators want CPS to keep Lunsford's children in foster care at least until Aliayah is found.

I'm so glad there were protesters there.  We need to do this more often.  Sadly, the only way our kids will be protected is if enough of us stand up and scream about.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: December 20, 2011, 07:46:15 AM »

Good morning monkeys. I was lurking this morning & just saw this thread. Wanted to give a heads up on bath salts... There is a couple that live a few house away from me. I found out a few months ago that they both "do" bath salts that they get from a local gas station. I asked wth would bath salts do to a person, like how many baths can a person take in one day? Heck, I'm thinking they must bc OCD on cleanliness if they have to take a few baths a day, either that or they just flat out smell rank. So my neighbor, the one that shared with me this info, began laughing hysterically! Then she explained to me what these bath salts do when used inappropriately... Wow, I was blown away. This couple that I'm referring to will do bath salts & have sex, with whomever. It's comparable to X & is just as addicting as heroin. It's fairly cheap. It makes a person paranoid enough to stalk somebody after the first use. The person coming down from their euphoric high on bath salts turns that high into heightened anger stemming from paranoia. While they're experiencing their high, they can also get delusional and confuse something or someone with others. The lady that I'm referring to in my example walked into another neighbor's house and went through her drawers looking for old phone bills bc she thought her husband was sleeping with this young lady that lives there. She threatened her in numerous ways. She prank called her & posted really bad stuff online of this young lady that wasn't true. The lady on bath salts had also "reported" a suspected Peeping Tom to police over last summer. I now know it's all a lie due to her constant paranoia from bath salt use. Before anyone asks, yes police are aware - I made sure of that. I live in a decent neighborhood, low crime supposedly, yada yada. Little did I know about the serious recreational drug use going on here. Heroin is huge here but it's a small town & people sweep it under the carpet, police don't publish it, it's throughout the high school in abundance, etc. Bath salts are equally abundant bc they're readily available. An adult doing bath salts is even more of a risk than a teen bc they're older, experienced more, smarter, most of the time quicker - they'd snap faster and be quicker with revenge.

I'm sickened by this little girl missing. If both parents (geck even just one) were doing bath salts, she could have been sexually violated while her parents were delusional & killed while they were coming off their high, then disposed of in the river where the dogs took their handlers.

Side note: after I found out about the couple that live a few houses away from me, I did a little bit of research on bath salts. If the high coincides with their sex, then the pairing could include masochism...morbid masochism. Also, being a delusional paranoid schizophrenic is a pretty common side effect.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #355 on: December 21, 2011, 06:07:39 AM »

There is an epidemic of Bath Salts here in Maine now. My Nephew is in deep with it and is also a dealer. He was recently arrested in Brewer, ME with nearly a pound of it. It is sold in grams. Along with that, he also had 4 firearms--2 in his motel room and 2 LOADED in his vehicle along with switchblades, that are illegal. If convicted, he will be going to Federal Prison, out of state and will never regain custody of his son (2 years old). My sister and the other grandmother now have shared custody of the baby. The child's' mother is not capable of taking care of him. The effects this synthetic drug has on people varies, but it is comparable to LSD/PCP of my generation -- 60's/70's as well as comparable to Meth. The main problem is...it is easy to OD because the effects do not last long and the user wants more and more. They don't wait to 'come down' before they ingest more/hence violent, psychotic behavior. It is very dangerous, not only to the user...but all who are around them. Just wanted to share.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: December 21, 2011, 10:08:45 AM »

From what Titch and Nut are saying, this is a frightening new drug.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: December 21, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »

Very frightening! I can't believe that I seriously never heard of bath salts being used as a drug until a little while ago. It's crazy & flat put stupid the measures people will take to secure a high. Wth is wrong with people?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: December 21, 2011, 10:32:09 AM »

This is very informative and Directly from the NIDA so I'm posting the whole thing...

http://drugabuse.gov/about/welcome/MessageBathSalts211.html

Quote:
Message from the Director on "Bath Salts" - Emerging and Dangerous Products

"Bath Salts", the newest fad to hit the shelves (virtual and real), is the latest addition to a growing list of items that young people can obtain to get high. The synthetic powder is sold legally online and in drug paraphernalia stores under a variety of names, such as "Ivory Wave," "Purple Wave," "Red Dove," "Blue Silk," "Zoom," "Bloom," "Cloud Nine," "Ocean Snow," "Lunar Wave," "Vanilla Sky," "White Lightning," "Scarface," and "Hurricane Charlie." Because these products are relatively new to the drug abuse scene, our knowledge about their precise chemical composition and short- and long-term effects is limited, yet the information we do have is worrisome and warrants a proactive stance to understand and minimize any potential dangers to the health of the public.

We know, for example, that these products often contain various amphetamine-like chemicals, such as methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MPDV), mephedrone and pyrovalerone. These drugs are typically administered orally, by inhalation, or by injection, with the worst outcomes apparently associated with snorting or intravenous administration. Mephedrone is of particular concern because, according to the United Kingdom experience, it presents a high risk for overdose. These chemicals act in the brain like stimulant drugs (indeed they are sometimes touted as cocaine substitutes); thus they present a high abuse and addiction liability. Consistent with this notion, these products have been reported to trigger intense cravings not unlike those experienced by methamphetamine users, and clinical reports from other countries appear to corroborate their addictiveness. They can also confer a high risk for other medical adverse effects. Some of these may be linked to the fact that, beyond their known psychoactive ingredients, the contents of "bath salts" are largely unknown, which makes the practice of abusing them, by any route, that much more dangerous.

Edit to snip article.  MB

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:26:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #359 on: December 21, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »

Very frightening! I can't believe that I seriously never heard of bath salts being used as a drug until a little while ago. It's crazy & flat put stupid the measures people will take to secure a high. Wth is wrong with people?
I had never heard of this kind of bath salts either.  Your neighbor would have been laughing at me too!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.