March 29, 2024, 08:40:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES update from Mrs. Peaches - Great News!  (Read 2063 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« on: June 14, 2007, 01:12:46 AM »

Hi Monkeys! This is Peaches better half finally sending update on todays "Fun with Surgery" activities. Her laporoscopic right adrenalectomy to resect the adrenal incidentaloma went "very well" according to her Doc. They were able to complete the surgery laporoscopically without having to convert to conventional open surgery so she wil be home tomorrow if they don't kick her out at 3:00 am. She was understandably PO'd that she had to wait in recovery for 4 hours due to a hospital miscue that has something to do with her Doc sending her to extended stay but extended stay having a policy of not allowing adrenalectomy patients. So she had to wait (and wait and wait and wait) for a room. She finally got into her room after 8pm and was only experiencing discomfort from the CO2 they pump into your abdominal cavity so they can see what they're doing during the procedure. Her Doc promised me that while he was in there that he would look around for anything that didn't belong there and he happily reported that there was no sign of any ovarian cancer recurrence. Of course we have to wait for the pathology report to come back from the  roughly fist sized mass they removed but adrenal tumors are fairly rare and even one of that size still has about a 70 to 75 % chance of being benign. Her Doc told me that big doesn't necessarily mean bad so I'm praying this will be nothing other than something thats not there any more. I also ran into her Gyn-Onc Doc and he had spoken to her surgeon and seemed very happy that there was no evidence of ovarian cancer growing in there. So all seems well pending her pathology report. She may be well enough to post tomorrow but I can't guarantee anything.

I want to thank all of you for keeping her in your prayers and wishing her well. Y'all (geez I've been in the South a long time) have been great in supporting her and boosting her morale and I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks and God bless all of you - her dear Monkey friends. You are all family.

Dan

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 01:20:02 AM »

Hi Dan (Mr. Peaches),

GREAT NEWS!  You posted this in the wrong thread so I'm going to copy it and post it in the right place, OK?  

Give Peaches a hug for us!  I just know the pathology report is going to come back fine!

SEE ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM TO LEAVE MESSAGES FOR PEACHES
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.