March 28, 2024, 11:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: " Obama Says America's Grown 'Soft' " - In the head?  (Read 1815 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 30, 2011, 06:41:53 PM »

“This is a great great country that had gotten a little soft and we didn’t have that same competitive edge that we needed over the last couple of decades,” Mr. Obama said in response to a question about the country’s economic future. “We need to get back on track.”

Interesting perspective.  I wonder where America could have lost its competitive edge. It couldn’t possibly have anything to do with a government that blows billions on green energy boondoggles while making it harder to drill for oil while trying to make electricity rates “skyrocket.” It couldn’t have to do with extending unemployment benefits to 99 weeks (and rising), or to bailouts or perhaps advice like this offered by Michelle Obama:

“We left corporate America, which is a lot of what we’re asking young people to do,” she tells the women. “Don’t go into corporate America. You know, become teachers. Work for the community. Be social workers. Be a nurse. Those are the careers that we need, and we’re encouraging our young people to do that. But if you make that choice, as we did, to move out of the money-making industry into the helping industry, then your salaries respond.” Faced with that reality, she adds, “many of our bright stars are going into corporate law or hedge-fund management.”

video here - http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2011/09/30/obama-says-americas-grown-soft

Seriously, in 2008 we elected a community organizer, state senator, college instructor first term senator over a guy who spent five years in a Vietnamese prison. And now he’s lecturing us about how America’s gone “soft”? Really?

read more here - http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/278769/wait-malaise-french-soft-jonah-goldberg

How does any American compete when Obama admin gives away billions to foreign companies, big global companies, cronies, foreign governments? 

All of this paid for by future generation of jobless on Main Street?

Washington has spent our children's lifetime earnings...in just a few decades. 

Soft in the head?  Maybe that's a better thing for Mr. Obama to suggest?

The nation gives away free school breakfasts, lunches, dinners, food stamps...food pantries give away so much food to the 'needy' their food stash would be the envy of Glenn Beck and other survivalists?

How many working Americans have hundreds of cans of food laying around?  Get free meat every week?  Free medical?  $2 copays?

How does any American compete when the Fed 'gives' money away to foreign banks?  Foreign business?  Big global players?  All on the backs of generations of Americans?

The Treasury and Fed always seems to be saying 'our global financial system is integrated'...

Why didn't they build/maintain a financial firewall?  Why are they bailing out strangers?  Foreigners?  Foreign governments?  What happened to the mission for Main Street?

Maybe they really  mean 'well connected through fraud, scams, nepotism, cronyism, and corruption'?

just my humble opinions...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:06:20 PM »

How many foreign governments are giving money away to American businesses?  To hire American workers? 

Something is wrong when Americans come last in America.

Just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.