March 29, 2024, 01:38:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Alert issued-Lillian High 82 yo, Houston, TX- Last Seen 10/3/11(Deceased  (Read 14896 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 06, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-83-year-old-Chase-Bank-employee-131054063.html
Family, volunteers expand search for missing 82-year-old Chase Bank teller
October 5, 2011

HOUSTON—The search has expanded for the 82-year-old woman who was last seen as she left for work Monday, and as each hour passes, worried family members grow more desperate.

Lillian High was last seen leaving her home at 6:15 a.m., as she headed to her job at a nearby Chase Bank, located on the Sam Houston Parkway at Black Hawk. Family members said she works at the bank as a part-time teller.

But on Monday morning, something went wrong. Chase called her son around 7:15 a.m. and said High never made it to work.

"She just got up, got in the car, drove to work and never made it, and we’ve been searching for her since," Earl High said. "This is not Momma. This is not typical of her behavior at all."

High was last seen driving a black Dodge Avenger, license plate number CD6J492. It was a rental car, because hers was in the shop. She does not have a cell phone.

High was wearing her bank uniform—black slacks, black shoes and a blue Chase Bank collared shirt.

Family members said she has no history of dementia. They said she’s in overall good health, but she has suffered mini-strokes in the past.
 ::snipping2::
Texas EquuSearch set up a command center for volunteers at Sagemont Church, located at 11323 Hughes Road.

The Laura Recovery Center also set up a command post in front of the AMC 30 Movie Theater near I-45 and the Sam Houston Parkway, where volunteers were passing out fliers.

Family members said High could be as far away as Kansas or Arkansas, where she has some family roots.
Video at Link
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:53:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8381174
Search for missing elderly woman resumes
October 6, 2011

Lillian High, 82, hasn't been seen since Sunday night. Searchers will be looking in the Beaumont area today. Police issued a Silver Alert yesterday, and flyers with High's picture have been faxed to hospitals and fire stations in nine counties.

Police are also on alert in High's hometown of Wichita, Kansas.

High was last seen driving a black 4-door Dodge Avenger with Texas plate CD6-J492. High's own car was in the shop for repairs.
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:40:49 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=1&pid=8381174
Images of search for Lillian High (11 images in slideshow)
October 5, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8382999
Relatives of missing woman not giving up hope
October 7, 2011

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Relatives of a missing Houston area woman are not giving up hope.
Lillian High, 82, has hasn't been seen since Sunday. Volunteers are back out searching for her.

This is day five of the search for Lillian, and her children find it incredibly unsettling that, not only is there no sign of their mother, but also still no sign of the car she was driving.

The search for the 82-year-old southeast Houston woman began Monday morning when she didn't show up for her work shift at a Chase Bank. She vanished, along with her purse, and the rental car she was driving while her vehicle was in the repair shop.

Lillian was driving a 2010 black four-door Dodge Avenger. The family has received tips on her whereabouts, but nothing has produced a solid lead.
Lillian was driving a 2010 black four-door Dodge Avenger with Texas license plate CD6 J492. Family members say Lillian typically only frequented a small number of locations, such as a grocery store, all near her home. There has been no activity on Lillian's banking accounts.
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 04:07:34 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Search-continues-for-missing-82-year-old-2209184.php
Search continues for missing 82-year-old
October 8, 2011

Lillian High Photo: HPD / HC

With no leads in the disappearance of Lillian High, Houston police and volunteers continued their week-long search Saturday for the 82-year-old bank teller who failed to show up for work Monday.
The Laura Recovery Center, which has been helping with search all week, has a mobile command post on the Beltway 8 service road near Beamer Road. Some volunteers are passing out fliers while others are searching the area close to High's home and others are looking farther afield, said Dawn Davis.

"We are continuing to send people out with fliers as well as to drive parking lots and roadways to see if we can locate Lillian or her car," Davis said.
One of High's five children, daughter Amy McClure of Friendswood, said High is independent and reliable, leaving her family perplexed at the lack of clues about her whereabouts.

"It's just so unbelievable," McClure said Saturday. "We're heartsick. We cannot imagine what could have happened. It's just such abnormal behavior for my mom."

Given that her blood-pressure medication for Monday was gone from the daily-dose container High uses, she apparently left her home on Outlook Street early that morning and headed for her job at Chase Bank on the Beltway 8 service road near Beamer Road, McClure said.

High, a teller at the bank drive-through, was scheduled to start her shift at 6:30 a.m. She was last seen Sunday evening by her son, Earl High of Pasadena.

"We know she took that medication Monday morning," McClure said. "She would not have taken it Sunday night."

On her way to the bank, High would have taken Shaver Street to Texas 3 and would have followed Texas 3 south to Beltway 8, her youngest daughter said.

When she didn't arrive by 7:15 a.m., bank personnel called Earl High. The bank has also hired its own investigator, McClure said.

Texas EquuSearch is scheduled to resume its search for High at 8:30 a.m. Sunday. Volunteers are asked to assemble in the parking lot of Almeda Mall in the 12000 block of the Gulf Freeway at Almeda-Genoa, said volunteer coordinator Frank Black.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 10:17:43 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8384504
Search continues for missing woman, 82
Updated 6:58 a.m. today (October 9, 2011)

High was last seen six days ago. Her family says they have not heard from her since.

They've been searching around as much of the city as they can.

The Laura Recovery Center set up a command post in the AMC movie theater parking lot on Beltway 8 near the Gulf Freeway. The post is plastered with photos of the missing woman and volunteers have been coming by to help with the search efforts.

High's employer, Chase Bank, is now stepping in by hiring a private investigator to help the family locate her.

For several days now, High's children have been plastering the community with photos and fliers of their missing mom.
On Saturday, High's family and volunteers organized another search party, passing out maps of the area and driving around neighborhoods looking for the Dodge Avenger rental car she was driving.

"I'm scared. I'm very scared. I worry that, I want to know where she's sleeping. Is she warm? Is she scared? Has she had something to eat? Is she cold? I just want her home," McClure said.

Chase Bank is putting missing persons fliers in mailings to customers. The woman's family and friends believe she may still be in the city somewhere, disoriented or confused.

They're even more concerned that she hasn't had her medicine since Monday morning.

"My fear is that she could be passed out somewhere, and we just need to find her and bring her home," McClure said.

A team of volunteers with Texas Equusearch is expected to help out with the search for High when it continues on Sunday.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 04:00:04 AM »

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/11/search-underway-for-missing-82-year-old-woman/?hpt=ng_mid
Search Underway For Missing 82-Year-Old Woman
October 11, 2011

Police and family members are searching for an 82-year-old Houston woman who has been missing for more than a week.

Lillian High was last seen at her home by her son around 7:30 pm on Sunday, October 2. She was reported missing after failing to arrive for work as a teller at a Houston Chase Bank the following morning.

One of High’s five children, Amy McClure, told the Houston Chronicle that it appeared that she had taken her blood pressure medication on Monday morning, so the family believes she disappeared on her way to work. Her purse and the rented black 2010 Dodge Avenger she was driving have not been located.

Houston Police Department spokesman Victor Senties said the agency was still searching for High on Tuesday. The Texas Department of Public Safety had issued a Silver Alert for her last week, but a DPS spokeswoman said that alert expired last Thursday.

Senties said that officers have canvassed the area and interviewed family members. They have also used helicopters and dive teams to attempt to locate High’s rental car with no success. The missing persons division has asked the homicide division for assistance with the investigation, but Senties stressed that this is not an indication that police believe High is dead.

“They are simply assisting us at this time,” he said. Senties also said that “it’s too soon to tell” whether foul play could be involved in High’s disappearance.

Texas EquuSearch organized volunteer searches for High over the weekend. According to KTRK, Chase is putting missing person fliers in mailings to local customers.

Family members worry that High could be wandering the city disoriented and confused, particularly if she has not had access to her medication since last Monday.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 08:47:24 AM »

Would the rental car have gps or some other way to track it? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 11:04:39 AM »

Would the rental car have gps or some other way to track it? 
That was my question too, KittyMom.
I guess not all rental cars are equipped with gps.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »

Still no news nor sign of Ms. Lillian or her rental car.  I wonder if perhaps she's driven off the road somewhere? 

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm
Texas DPS Missing Persons Bulletin
(Photo of Ms. High and photo likeness of car she was driving at link)
DANGERED
Name: Lillian High
AKA: Lillian Ford High

Case Number: M1110001
Race:White  Sex: Female
DOB:5/16/1929  Age Missing: 82
Height: 5 ft. 02 in.  Weight: 103 lb.
Hair Color: Grey  Eye Color: Hazel
Area Last Seen: Houston (Harris County)
Miscellaneous Notes: Ms. High wears prescription lenses and was last seen wearing a blue collared shirt with a Chase Bank logo and black shorts. She has a health condition that requires medical attention. Ms. High was last known to be traveling in a black 2010 Dodge Avenger 4 door sedan bearing Texas license plate CD6J492.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 08:18:55 PM »

Poor thing. 

I wonder if she had to stop for gas along the way? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »

Poor thing. 

I wonder if she had to stop for gas along the way? 

I'll see if I can figure out the distance from her home to work.  The articles say her job at Chase Bank was "nearby".  She was supposed to be at work by 6:30 a.m. and when she didn't show up at 7:15, Chase Bank called her son, because Ms. High was never late. 

It's still dark at 6:30 a.m. this time of year.  I just don't know what happened.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Search-continues-for-missing-82-year-old-2209184.php
...headed for her job at Chase Bank on the Beltway 8 service road near Beamer Road, McClure said.
"On her way to the bank, High would have taken Shaver Street to Texas 3 and would have followed Texas 3 south to Beltway 8, her youngest daughter said."

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/11/search-underway-for-missing-82-year-old-woman/?hpt=ng_midLillian High was last seen at her home by her son around 7:30 pm on Sunday, October 2. She was reported missing after failing to arrive for work as a teller at a Houston Chase Bank the following morning.

One of High’s five children, Amy McClure, told the Houston Chronicle that it appeared that she had taken her blood pressure medication on Monday morning, so the family believes she disappeared on her way to work. Her purse and the rented black 2010 Dodge Avenger she was driving have not been located.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »

http://www.khou.com/news/Cash-reward-offered-for-info-on-missing-82-year-old-Chase-Bank-teller-131998153.html
Cash reward offered for info on missing 82-year-old Chase Bank teller
October 17, 2011

HOUSTON – The family of an 82-year-old Chase Bank employee who went missing more than two weeks ago is offering a cash reward for information leading to her recovery.

Lillian High was last seen by her son on the evening of October 2.
The family organized a search effort, assisted for a time by the Laura Recovery Center and Texas EquuSearch, but they’ve found no trace of the missing great-grandmother.

Now, High’s family is offering $5,000 for information leading to their loved one.

Anyone with information on Lillian High’s whereabouts is asked to call HPD’s Missing Persons Division at 713-731-5223.

Family members have said High could have gone as far as Kansas or Arkansas, where she has family roots.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 11:47:09 AM »

I'm thinking if she stopped for any reason, someone may have jumped in the car with her.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »

I'm thinking if she stopped for any reason, someone may have jumped in the car with her.

I agree KittyMom.  If she left for work in time to make it at 7:15 a.m.., it's still dark and it would be even easier for someone to get in the car with her.  If she stopped at a stoplight and her car doors weren't locked, it only takes seconds for someone to get in with her.  Even if she was accustomed to locking her car doors when she drove, she was in a rental that morning and maybe that helped cause a change in her routine. 

My 78 year old Mom lives in a very small, rural town and to use her cell phone, she has to drive a few miles toward town to get reception.  One early evening, she got in her car and drove to a Western Auto store that had been closed for years.  She parked in the parking lot to make her calls and finished up just before dark.  She got ready to leave but her car wouldn't start.  And she was between her home and town, out in the middle of nowhere and it was already getting dark.  She of course had her cell and called a neighbor to come pick her up.  This could have turned into a bad situation.  Someone could have even come up on her while she was making her calls.  And mom has congestive heart failure and other health issues.  She couldn't have just driven off, because her car wouldn't have started.  What if some bad folks had come by?  I had all kinds of scenarios running through my mind.   

I hope Ms. Lillian can be found soon.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 09:32:13 AM »

http://www.khou.com/news/Cash-reward-offered-for-info-on-missing-82-year-old-Chase-Bank-teller-131998153.html

From comments section...

yorkiemom1 said on October 18, 2011 at 1:36 PMIf she left via a toll road, and the rental doesnt have an EZTag, they should be getting a thing in the mail showing a violation. If the rental did have an EZ-Tag, they would already know about her going thru, if they pulled the records of traffic passing thru. I am thinking she left via I-45, or Hwy. 3. I have never followed Hwy 3 going north, so I dont know where that ends up..surely they have checked going south, all the way to the water. If she is still driving, she would have needed to get gas....I would hope with all the publicity about her missing, someone would have seen her in the gas station.....her gas credit card will reflect any purchases made.I havent read anything that says that has happened..this precious little soul seems to have vanished into thin air, yet we all know that is not possible. Someone, somewhere, has seen this little darling....Come on Chase....I KNOW what you collect from just ME in interest fees on my card! You can well afford to double the reward!!

I hope that something shows up soon to help point LE in the right direction.  The stuff about the EZTag should help, right?  We don't travel toll roads so I have no clue how this works.  Aren't there lanes for paying the toll with actual money?  Could she have done this?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8404123
Elderly woman, 82, now missing for three weeks
October 25, 2011

It's been three weeks since Lillian High was last seen, and family and friends have been desperate to find her. There have been searches and a reward has been offered, but there's still no sign of her.

Now, there's a new push to get the word out about her disappearance. It includes new billboard on Interstate 45 North and South as well as the Eastex Freeway.

High would rarely go outside the four-mile radius from her home and always checked in with her family. Monday nights were bridge nights with her neighbors, but she hasn't been seen in weeks.
The 82-year-old has been missing since October 3. Since then, volunteers with the Laura Recovery Center and Texas Equusearch have passed out thousands of flyers and covered many miles. High's family has also done what they can, and this weekend Clear Channel Outdoor pitched in, putting digital messages on three billboards in the area. You would think there'd be something.
Not only is High missing but the rental car she was driving at the time is, too. Though there has been no activity on her credit card and bank accounts, her children now fear she's a crime victim.
The rental car she was driving was a dodge Avenger with the license plate number CD6 J492.

This is an active Houston Police Department missing person's case, so anyone with information is encouraged to contact the police department. Her family is still offering a $5,000 reward for information.
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=11

The 82-year-old has been missing since Monday and highway road signs are now part of the search to find her.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=4

High's sisters discussed the search with volunteers set up at the command center Wednesday morning. (KTRK Photo / John Mizwa)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=6

High's family has not heard from her and are very concerned about her well-being.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=7

Volunteers from the Laura Recovery Center and Texas Equusearch are helping in the search.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.