April 30, 2024, 02:59:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Alert issued-Lillian High 82 yo, Houston, TX- Last Seen 10/3/11(Deceased  (Read 14943 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=8

High was last seen driving that black 4-door Dodge Avenger with Texas plate CD6-J492.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=9

Volunteers have been searching through fields by ATVs in south Houston.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:52:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 09:42:35 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=10

Volunteers with Texas Equusearch were also out searching near High's route to work.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/local&id=8379922&photo=3

A Silver Alert was activated Wednesday morning for Lillian High

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Pasadena-Prayer-vigil-Sunday-for-missing-82-year-old-woman-132743603.html
Pasadena: Prayer vigil Sunday for missing 82-year-old woman
October 27, 2011

Credit: Family photo
Lillian High

HOUSTON – The family of a missing 82-year-old woman is holding a prayer vigil this weekend.

Lillian High vanished more than three weeks ago. She has not been seen since October 3, when she failed to show up for her job as a part-time teller at Chase Bank.
 ::snipping2::
This Sunday, High’s family is holding a candlelight vigil in her honor at the First Christian Church of Pasadena on Preston Road. The vigil will begin at 7 p.m.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information on Lillian High’s whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to call police.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8411440
Prayer vigil tonight for missing elderly woman
October 30, 2011

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A prayer vigil will be held tonight for a woman who disappeared more than three weeks ago.
The prayer vigil will be held tonight at 7pm at The First Christian Church of Pasadena on Preston Rd. in Pasadena.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »

http://www.khou.com/home/Prayer-vigil-held-for-missing-great-grandmother-132899298.html
Prayer vigil held for missing great-grandmother
October 31, 2011

PASADENA, Texas – Almost a month after she vanished on her way to work, dozens of friends and relatives of a missing elderly woman gathered at her church Sunday to pray for answers.

Lillian High’s son last saw her on October 2. The next morning, the 82-year-old never made it to the southeast Houston Chase Bank where she worked as a part-time teller. She had been driving a rental car because hers was being repaired, but so far police have no leads as to where she ended up.

On Sunday, the woman’s son, Earl High, announced the reward for information about her case would be quadrupled – from $5,000 to $20,000.

"It gets tougher because the inevitable is coming,” he said. “But we're looking for closure now -- and we don't know where to look for it."

He said he had driven 4,000 miles over the past four weeks while searching for his mother.

High’s congregation held a prayer vigil Sunday at the First Christian Church in Pasadena.
Anyone with information on Lillian High’s whereabouts is asked to call HPD’s Missing Persons Division at 713-731-5223 or Crimestoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

When she disappeared, High was wearing her bank uniform – a blue Chase Bank collared shirt, black slacks and black shoes. She was driving a black Dodge Avenger with Texas plates CD6J492.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/state/article/Son-s-dogged-search-won-t-stop-until-mom-found-2249761.php
Son's dogged search won't stop until mom found
Woman, 82, went missing — leaving no clues behind.

November 3, 2011

HOUSTON — The news was hard for Earl High to digest: At 82, his healthy mother had vanished.

It didn’t seem to add up. Lillian High was a popular drive-through teller at a Chase Bank who was content with her life.

She was never late to work and customers liked her. She enjoyed a nap in the afternoon and watching TV before going bed. She was independent and liked talking with her children and attending church.

On the Monday she disappeared, she was supposed to play bridge with friends. But what actually happened the morning of Oct. 3 is a mystery. All her son knows for sure is that she dressed and ate breakfast. Nothing else is clear.

In the month that followed, Earl has driven nearly 5,000 miles looking for answers, clues, signs, anything that could offer an explanation.

He has reviewed footage from surveillance cameras and requested satellite imagery from Google Earth. He has spoken with store owners, friends and co-workers. He has increased a reward from $5,000 to $20,000 for information. He has found nothing.

The search for Lillian has been confusing, Earl said, leaving little for volunteers and investigators to follow other than history and intuition. Maybe she suddenly slipped into dementia and drove to her old hometown in Kansas, he thought. Or maybe she headed to a relative’s house in Arkansas.

“If she stepped back 20 years, where would she go?” Earl said.

Lillian normally drove to work in a 2003 Buick Rendezvous, but on the day she disappeared, she was driving a rental car: a black 2010 Dodge Avenger, raising Earl’s suspicions that she might have been carjacked. But no evidence of her or the rental car has turned up anywhere.

Earl has driven the four-mile stretch between his mother’s home and her bank branch more than 60 times, looking for any signs of a black Avenger. A team from Texas EquuSearch combed through a 800-square-mile area.

In cases where seniors go missing in cars, it's not uncommon for them to be found in vehicles that have plowed into wooded areas or gone into bodies of water during health emergencies, said Tim Miller, executive director of Texas EquuSearch. In this case, there were no wooded areas or substantial waterways that Lillian could have driven into along her route to work, Miller said.

The Houston Police Department has interviewed several people, but still has no idea where Lillian is or what happened to her, said John Cannon, a spokesman for the department.

In the meantime, Earl said, he has had to fight for help. A Silver Alert for his mother initially was denied since she didn’t have dementia or suffer from Alzheimer’s disease. A Crime Stoppers call for information also was delayed because the request for information wasn’t related to a specific crime, Earl said.

He has continued searching, distributing fliers, wearing buttons with his mother’s picture on it and talking with media in an attempt to keep people thinking about Lillian.

Tips about a lost elderly woman or about a suspicious Dodge Avenger have proved fruitless. He has returned to work, trying to get back into the routine of being a human resources representative.

On a business trip to New Orleans, he stopped along the way to put up fliers at stores, restaurants and street corners.

The search has led Earl to re-evaluate the range of possible scenarios. In the worst case, his mom has been killed in a carjacking and the perpetrators have fled the state or country.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 12:43:40 PM »

I don't know what to think about this case.  If she were carjacked, you'd think that the auto would eventually turn up.  Maybe she had an accident on the way into work and just hasn't been found yet?  Maybe LE should check all creeks, rivers, ponds?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 01:31:25 PM »

I don't know what to think about this case.  If she were carjacked, you'd think that the auto would eventually turn up.  Maybe she had an accident on the way into work and just hasn't been found yet?  Maybe LE should check all creeks, rivers, ponds?

Kittymom, I'm becoming more and more convinced Ms Lillian was carjacked. When I first read about what kind of car she was driving, carjack actually came to mind immediately.  Her car might not necessarily show up because it may already be in Mexico or it may have been taken to a chop shop, where stolen cars are dismantled and sold for parts.  Or it could have had the plates changed,may have been repainted, I don't know.  Texas Equusearch and Laura Recovery have both been working with searches, as well as what Lillian's son Earl has been doing.  There are photos on this thread of searches riding ATV's along Lillian's route to work and etc.  I looked up statistics on Dodge Avenger thefts:

http://**/article/20111104/AUTO01/111040355/1148/NHTSA-releases-car-theft-lists
NHTSA releases car theft lists
November 4, 2011
Chrysler had seven vehicles in the top 20 theft rates. In addition to the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300, the carmaker's offerings in the top 20 included Chrysler's Sebring, Sebring Convertible and PT Cruiser, and the Dodge Avenger and Dodge Caliber.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/state/article/Son-s-dogged-search-won-t-stop-until-mom-found-2249761.php
In the month that followed, Earl has driven nearly 5,000 miles looking for answers, clues, signs, anything that could offer an explanation.

He has reviewed footage from surveillance cameras and requested satellite imagery from Google Earth. He has spoken with store owners, friends and co-workers. He has increased a reward from $5,000 to $20,000 for information. He has found nothing.
Earl has driven the four-mile stretch between his mother’s home and her bank branch more than 60 times, looking for any signs of a black Avenger. A team from Texas EquuSearch combed through a 800-square-mile area.

In cases where seniors go missing in cars, it's not uncommon for them to be found in vehicles that have plowed into wooded areas or gone into bodies of water during health emergencies, said Tim Miller, executive director of Texas EquuSearch. In this case, there were no wooded areas or substantial waterways that Lillian could have driven into along her route to work, Miller said.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:33:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »

This is a very say mystery.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »

This is a very say mystery.

"Sad"

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:41 AM »

Muffy,
I guess I'm hoping for an accident as I hate to think that someone targeted this poor soul because of her age.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »

Muffy,
I guess I'm hoping for an accident as I hate to think that someone targeted this poor soul because of her age.

I know what you mean KittyMom. I don't like to think of someone being evil and preying on Ms. High, but I've seen a lot of muggings and abuse of elderly folks in the news lately.     I could be wrong, but I think someone bad saw the car and wanted it, saw Ms. High as an easy target and took it.  And I say this because her son and LE have been able to establish that she had done her morning routine, which included remembering to take her morning medicine, , plus it was such a short distance to her job and from Tim Miller's comments about there not being a lot of places for a car to be on her way to work (not verbatim), plus all the searching done in the area, I fear the worst.     On the other hand, I've read stories about elderly folks and those that may have memory problems getting lost and driving far away from their homes.  Some are found alive and sadly some aren't.  Or they've driven off the road into a deep culvert or a lake.  I feel so badly for Ms. High's son Earl.  The not knowing has got to be a sort of torture for him. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/20-000-offered-for-info-on-missing-82-year-old-2262434.php
$20,000 offered for info on missing 82-year-old
November 10, 2011

Lillian High was last seen at her home in the 200 block of Outlook about 7:30 p.m. Oct 2., officials said. At the time of her disappearance High was driving a 2010 black four-door Dodge Avenger, which she had recently rented. The car's license plate is CD6J492.
Crime Stoppers and private sources have increased the reward to $20,000 for information that leads to the filing of felony charges or the arrest of a suspect in the case.

Anyone with information that leads to the filing of felony charges in this case is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713 222-TIPS.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8444644
Holidays difficult for families with missing loved ones
November 24, 2011

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two area families spent the holiday giving thanks and praying for answers as they search and hope for any clue of their missing loved ones. They mysteriously disappeared nearly two months ago, and this day just isn't the same without them.
Their grandmother mysteriously disappeared nearly 2 months ago, and this day just isn't the same without her. Lillian High, 82, hasn't been seen since October 3. She and the vehicle she was renting disappeared. Despite a big reward, there have been absolutely no substantial leads in the case. While families across the country sit down together to give thanks, this family just wants to know what happened to their mother.

Every day Earl High wears a button with his mother's picture.

He said, "God will tell us what's going on in his time."

So far it's been 52 days since 82-year-old Lillian High went missing. Every day is a struggle for her son between faith and patience.

Earl said, "The other side of me says I want the answer now, and I fight that battle."

Lillian High vanished after leaving her southeast Houston home last month. She never made it to work at a Chase bank. The rental car she was driving also disappeared. Police have been unable to figure out what happened. Her family has asked the FBI for help.

"I'm not giving up," Earl said. "We are never giving up. We will look until we find her."

On this Thanksgiving Day, Lillian's daughter Amy McClure wears a blue scarf because that was her mother's favorite color.

"We're asking people if they'll just put a blue ribbon on their car, wear a ribbon on their shirt, anything to say, 'Hey, they haven't found her yet," Amy said.

They won't and can't forget. They concede that their mother is not likely alive but still, they want to know what happened to her. For that, they would give infinite thanks.

"Not knowing where she is and what happened," Amy said. "It's just difficult."

They'd give anything not to wear these buttons one more day.

There is still a $20,000 reward offered for information leading to Lillian High.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 11:42:27 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8427073

Reward increased to $20,000 in missing woman case
Thursday, November 10, 201

I was hoping that there would be some news in this case. 

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »

So sad for the family. I too was hoping for some news on Mrs High. She reminds me so much of my Grandmother. I can not imagine anyone wanting to hurt this kind soul. Praying for answers for the family and a miracle. an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »

So sad for the family. I too was hoping for some news on Mrs High. She reminds me so much of my Grandmother. I can not imagine anyone wanting to hurt this kind soul. Praying for answers for the family and a miracle. an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »

~With great sadness, Mrs Lillian has been found deceased. Rest in peace Mrs Lillian an angelic monkey Crying or Very sad

Body found in missing 82-year-old's vehicle
Lillian High missing since Oct. 2

Published On: Feb 15 2012 11:15:14 AM CST  Updated On: Feb 15 2012 12:50:02 PM CST

HOUSTON -

A body was discovered inside a rental car that was driven by a missing 82-year-old woman. The missing vehicle was found in a southeast Houston retention pond Wednesday, officials said. The car was found in the 10500 block of Freehill near Highway 3 and Beltway 8 at 10 a.m., officials said.
nvestigators said the retention pond was searched shortly after High's disappearance, but nothing was found. A patrol captain decided to return to the area Wednesday to double-check. The dive team found the car after two hours of searching.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Body-found-in-missing-82-year-old-s-vehicle/-/1735978/8780868/-/6gdm52z/-/index.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »

~With great sadness, Mrs Lillian has been found deceased. Rest in peace Mrs Lillian an angelic monkey Crying or Very sad

Body found in missing 82-year-old's vehicle
Lillian High missing since Oct. 2

Published On: Feb 15 2012 11:15:14 AM CST  Updated On: Feb 15 2012 12:50:02 PM CST

HOUSTON -

A body was discovered inside a rental car that was driven by a missing 82-year-old woman. The missing vehicle was found in a southeast Houston retention pond Wednesday, officials said. The car was found in the 10500 block of Freehill near Highway 3 and Beltway 8 at 10 a.m., officials said.
nvestigators said the retention pond was searched shortly after High's disappearance, but nothing was found. A patrol captain decided to return to the area Wednesday to double-check. The dive team found the car after two hours of searching.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Body-found-in-missing-82-year-old-s-vehicle/-/1735978/8780868/-/6gdm52z/-/index.html

Bless the investigator that returned for another look.

RIP Ms. Lillian.  May your loving family find comfort in this closure.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »

My condolences to the family, friends and coworkers of Ms. Lillian High.   an angelic monkey

I'm so sad this didn't have a better ending, but I'm grateful she's been found and can be laid to rest.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.