April 25, 2024, 07:41:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Med question  (Read 7556 times)
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: June 15, 2007, 12:56:49 PM »

I am taking Wellbutrin and it is making me sweat worse then PVDS.

Does anyone know what I can take/do to counteract this side effect?  Five minutes outside and my hair is dripping wet.  Not taking it is not an option right now.
Its is embarressing to go anywhere outside and makes me not want to go anywhere.
Do I just have to deal with it?

Thanks!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 04:43:54 PM »

Wow, Marlee, I've been sweating like pig vds too and take Wellbutrin.  Shocked I thought it was just my hormones having fits.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 04:58:01 PM »

I read increased sweating is one of the side effects.

http://www.drugs.com/wellbutrin.html

Perhaps speak to your Dr... Dont know how long you have been on the meds?
 Maybe a lower dosage is needed? Or if if its new to you.. maybe needs time to work into your system.
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 05:09:50 PM »

Justins - I didnt know that the med was what was making me sweat like that either.  I mentioned it in conversation yesterday with another dr. and she said it was the Wellbutrine.  Silly me didn't think to ask her if there was anything I could do about it.

Angie - I have been on it for about 4 months.  The sweating just started with the very warm weather we are having.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 05:17:22 PM »

Quote from: "Marlee"
Justins - I didnt know that the med was what was making me sweat like that either.  I mentioned it in conversation yesterday with another dr. and she said it was the Wellbutrine.  Silly me didn't think to ask her if there was anything I could do about it.

Angie - I have been on it for about 4 months.  The sweating just started with the very warm weather we are having.

I feel for you..  Sad  IMO I would call the Dr back that prescribed it to you and see what kind of info they have to offer about that side effect you are experiencing.
  I know a male. an older male who is on it.. and it was to help him to stop smoking.. next time I see him in the store.. i will ask him for the heck of it if hes ever had this happen to him.  He dont come in real often, but wil be sure to ask next time I see him.  <he used to be married to a friend of mine.. so not afraid to ask..lol>
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 05:18:36 PM »

Oh.. and forgot to mention.. he hasnt quit smoking either and also is borderline emphysema..
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 05:38:37 PM »

Thanks Angie I appreciate that!  I am taking it for 3 things...to stop smoking, as an anti-depressant, and loosing weight..and suprisingly it is working well for all three.    See why I don't want to stop taking it?

I have an appointment next week so I can ask then.  There are just so many smart monkey's here I thought maybe someone would know.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 06:20:01 PM »

Quote from: "Marlee"
Thanks Angie I appreciate that!  I am taking it for 3 things...to stop smoking, as an anti-depressant, and loosing weight..and suprisingly it is working well for all three.    See why I don't want to stop taking it?

I have an appointment next week so I can ask then.  There are just so many smart monkey's here I thought maybe someone would know.

Im sorry I wasnt much help.. but I do know my friends ex did loose some weight.. but heck.. if you are gonna sweat.. thats bound to happen!
 Hopefully others come across this thread and are able to help you and Justins out!  best of luck to yah sweety!!   Try and make it through the next week til your appt!!  Hugs!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 08:12:20 PM »

Hi Marlee. Read your post and can tell you that is alot of sweating! That is a side effect of Wellbutrin, and it may minimize the longer you are on the medication. Let me preface this by saying your DR. is always the best source for answering your questions. My thoughts are that if the side effects
are bothersome to you the physician will possibly switch the medication(there are others that are used to treat the same, and may cause less sweating ) . If you are someone that likes to try the natural route, I have heard that sage tea can help. Good luck .

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »

i have a friend that had the same problem with Cymbalta as well...esp when she was increased from 30 to 60mg. so you might ask the dr about a lower dose of the wellbutrin. there is XL 150 and 300mg then there is buproprion sr 100mg and 150mg...not sure which dose you are on but it might help.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 11:13:43 PM »

I wish for you to get well!!

Am on Cymbalta too and do sweat more.. thought it was because I live in a tuna can and it's getting warmer.

Please get well everyone. Thanks for the heads up. Laughing  Laughing

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 10:02:33 AM »

hehe! Now we know who is on meds!  Twisted Evil

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 05:30:12 PM »

Wow,  I take Effexor and sweat too! Never thought of it being from that.  So sounds like anit-depressants all have similar side effect.  Ok, Justins, yes isn't everybody on some sort of anti-depressant?   Laughing  Wink

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »

yep....they do have a big plus side! i think these drugs help a lot of people get thru some tough situations. but, it is not a life sentence....i am living proof that you can wean yourself off when a person feels strong enough and is ready to give it a try!! i was on lexapro for about 3 years....big help....but i have been off of them for over a year!!!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 07:02:57 PM »

Quote from: "thecuz"
yep....they do have a big plus side! i think these drugs help a lot of people get thru some tough situations. but, it is not a life sentence....i am living proof that you can wean yourself off when a person feels strong enough and is ready to give it a try!! i was on lexapro for about 3 years....big help....but i have been off of them for over a year!!!

Amen here Cuz,.,. I was on Effexor for 2 years.. but long ago.
 Been off of those suckers for over 4 years! I went thru a tough situation..
Alot of us at 911 were on some kind of meds.. but had personal issues as well.  I had side effects.. I dont recall sweating.. but BAD nightmares.. and neevr had those. I did call my dr. that was a side effect. Id rather sweat !
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »

Love to all the monkeys who are going through or have gone through hard times!  I've had family members who have had to take antidepression medicine and I know it is helpful.  I am thankful that I have never had to take any myself.  I have had some rough times but made it through without anything.  My family members have always referred to me as "the strong one!"  I don't think it's strength; I think it's meanness and I've been determined that I wasn't gonna let certain people who have downed me win!  haha!!  Always was a stubborn child!  I wish some of the medicines that are available today had been around when my mother was going through depression many years ago!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »

justinsmom Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Hindsight... I think I had increased depression kick in about a year after my closest friend, my mom died.

Was prescribed Effexor XR for a long time. Had big time insomnia. My mind would race when trying to get to sleep so the Dr. changed from Ambiem to Ambiem CR. Looking back I think the Effexor XR was creating the symtoms I was trying to get rid of. I know the Ambiem CR was/is very wicked.

One night last Oct I came home from presiding at a meeting. Took Ambiem CR (it's to help get you to sleep and keep you asleep) Ambiem without the CR is just to get to sleep.

The next day I saw my the directory on my computer that I wrote a text format "letter" to the Police Chief (luckily I didn't put it in an email) and that I spend 5 hrs. online looking at flowers and flower seeds.

I remembered nothing. I made this observation to the Dr. and he said he'd never heard of Ambiem CR creating memory loss.

In Nov. I dediced to go off everything, including the Ultram from the muscle pain of Firbromyalgia. Then I saw a commerical on TV about Cymbalta on how it treats the mental/emotional side of depression and the physical side too (Naive me didn't know depression affected the physical side)

After teasing from the Dr. about believing commericals, I am on Cymbalta. The old "IBE" is coming back in spirts. The memory has improved in spirts and I was fairly muscle pain free until I fell last week. Even went to the local College ($20 a unit) and looked into getting Certificates in multimedia and Computer Science, like I was doing 10 yrs ago when this disability started. Am back with the 10mg Ambiem and get to sleep and don't have nightmares, aslo. Just dreams I am back to work.

Now the muscle pain is coming back... but research says Fibromyalgia may be set off from an injurgy.

People just don't understand depression yet and I am glad it is getting more media coverage and here on the Thread.

My mom said "to rise above" ie be strong.. however for the first time in life there seems to be a hurdle than I can't quite get over yet.... like those running on a track and have to jump over those hurdles.

Am posting this here ... to help others and also a selfish thing.. it helps me to put things into words.

I think that depression is like cancer was years ago... you just don't mention or talk about it and like then, it is thought you did something to "get" it.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »

Marlee an update please???? Laughing  Laughing

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 11:29:09 PM »

IBE~ You beautiful monkey spirit! There are many types of depression. I will be on an anti-depressant for the remainder of my life. My mood stays where it needs to be as long as I take one. Without it, it plunges pretty quickly.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 11:59:15 PM »

I would just like to add here that many doctors don't know, but they should, that many SSRI's have withdrawal effects. This was not originally reported in the literature with such drugs as Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac but is now recognized as SSRI Discontinuation Syndrome. So don't let the doc stop any of the SSRI's abruptly.

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/antidep/a/0207_ssridisc1.htm

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.