April 26, 2024, 03:01:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jhessye Shockley, 5yrs old Phoenix AZ, missing since 10/11/11 - Mother convicted/body not found  (Read 62937 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/311025_215855498481508_100001711791888_510405_553670474_n.jpg

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:46:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 11:50:34 PM »

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:46:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »

Tie woman should never have been allowed to have those kids.  When is the system going to work for the sake of the children?  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:47:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2011, 01:23:29 AM »

Tie woman should never have been allowed to have those kids.  When is the system going to work for the sake of the children?  
ITA.....I am so sick and tired of seeing this over and over again. This child should have never been allowed back in that woman's care. This little angel didn't even know who the heck this woman was. Her "mother" was in prison since she was 2 weeks old. This wench just wanted a check, she had no bond with this baby. This little one should have been starting kindergarten. Why take her out of the only home that she had ever known. LE needs to pull this woman in (pregnant or not) and put real pressure on her. She knows exactly where that baby girl is. Sorry for the rant...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:47:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »

ITA.....I am so sick and tired of seeing this over and over again. This child should have never been allowed back in that woman's care. This little angel didn't even know who the heck this woman was. Her "mother" was in prison since she was 2 weeks old. This wench just wanted a check, she had no bond with this baby. This little one should have been starting kindergarten. Why take her out of the only home that she had ever known. LE needs to pull this woman in (pregnant or not) and put real pressure on her. She knows exactly where that baby girl is. Sorry for the rant...

agree with both of you!!! women like this who continue to breed children when they clearly do not want of love them is doing it strictly for the welfare check and no other reason..imo... sterilize the biotch and throw her arse in jail forever after she is found guilty of harming this child! jmo!!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:47:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2011, 05:15:35 PM »

What do y'all think of this?

Five Year Old Black Girl Disappears and No One Cares

::snipping2::
Right about now you may be wondering why you haven't heard more about Jhessye Shockley, or maybe even why you haven't heard of her at all, when Lisa Irwin's story has been plastered all over the news.

The fact of the matter is, you probably haven't heard much about Jhessye Shockley because of the one striking difference between her and Lisa Irwin...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:48:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »

Sad........such a beautiful little girl.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:48:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 08:13:24 PM »

What do y'all think of this?

Five Year Old Black Girl Disappears and No One Cares

Right about now you may be wondering why you haven't heard more about Jhessye Shockley, or maybe even why you haven't heard of her at all, when Lisa Irwin's story has been plastered all over the news.

The fact of the matter is, you probably haven't heard much about Jhessye Shockley because of the one striking difference between her and Lisa Irwin...

I find it really sad that both girls are not getting the same amount of attention..they both absolutely deserve the same amount of coverage..jmo...
I don't have a good feeling about either one of these kids being found alive..and I blame their mothers...if not directly harming them, then aiding in their disappearances... by not taking proper care of them...jmo...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:49:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »

I agree.  And it's typical of the media to focus on white children, pretty teenagers and beauty queens that go missing.  What a shame.  But in this case, in which the spotlight is on baby Lisa, I'd like to point out that she's also getting more attention because of her age.  There's something about a missing infant or baby that captures the public's imagination and elevates their emotions to a higher degree.

Regardless, I hope that they are both found safe.  Poor dears.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:49:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »

I think the fact that the parents have records of child abuse is a big reason why this story isn't hitting the major news as other cases.  Common sense tells you to look close to home given the history of this family.  

IMO, grandma needs to leave the media spotlight and go confront her daughter.  There is where she's going to find the answer to her questions.  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:49:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »

I think the fact that the parents have records of child abuse is a big reason why this story isn't hitting the major news as other cases.  Common sense tells you to look close to home given the history of this family.  

IMO, grandma needs to leave the media spotlight and go confront her daughter.  There is where she's going to find the answer to her questions.  

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:50:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:23 AM »

I couldn't of said it better.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:50:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2011, 12:55:52 AM »

I am speechless......this woman is a few french fries short of a happy meal::MonkeyNoNo::  

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/vigil-held-for-missing-5-year-old-glendale-girl#ixzz1befs15qF

Posted: 10/22/2011

By: Angie Holdsworth By: Angie Holdsworth

Missing girl's mother claims media is endangering family

GLENDALE, AZ - A vigil was held Saturday evening for 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley who has been missing now for 11 days from her Glendale apartment.

But moments prior to the vigil, Jhessye Shockley's mother made some angry statements that seemed to contradict their prior attempts to get more media attention to the case.

"You put all this negative media out there. I was trying to get away from my ex-husband. Now he knows exactly where to find me. I hope you're happy," Jerice Hunter lashed out as we attempted to ask her about her daughter.
[/u]
She would not clairfy or elaborate further except to say, "You have endangered my children by letting George Shockley know where we are."

The comments may seem a bit confusing considering the investigation and  the push the family has made in recent days to get the story in network news

me: This case reminds me exactly of Shaniya Davis in North Carolina......I wonder if they drug tested mommy dearest  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:50:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2011, 01:28:22 AM »

So she tries to say she's not getting enough media attention because Jahessye is black and in the same breath claims she's getting too much attention?  Can't have it both ways.

This is exactly why this case isnt' getting as much attention.  When the parents have records and act guilty people assume the child is dead.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:51:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »

Color me confused.  According to this, http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/grandmother-of-missing-glendale-girl-speaks-with-abc15 , the other kids were removed from the home.  And according to this, http://www.kpho.com/story/15691075/cbs-5-uncovers-troubled-past-of-jahessyes-mother-and-father , daddy is currently residing in a CA prison.  So, I don't think the guy's going to be  making a visit to abusive mommy's home any time soon.  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:51:31 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »

this mom is nuts. the children need to be taken away from her and she needs to be sterilized..just my opinion!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:14:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »

Sterilization.  I like that idea.

You know, it really pains me to see hoops that adoptive parents have to jump through to prove that they are fit to adopt a child.  Yet anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can just have a baby any time they feel like it regardless of their mental health status, criminal history, finances, etc.  It's rather odd that you need a license to drive a car but not to have a baby.  I'm not suggesting that people should have to apply to breed nor am I saying that breeders should be screened, but I think it should be required that all new parents take some sort of parenting classes.  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:15:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »

Sterilization.  I like that idea.

You know, it really pains me to see hoops that adoptive parents have to jump through to prove that they are fit to adopt a child.  Yet anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can just have a baby any time they feel like it regardless of their mental health status, criminal history, finances, etc.  It's rather odd that you need a license to drive a car but not to have a baby.  I'm not suggesting that people should have to apply to breed nor am I saying that breeders should be screened, but I think it should be required that all new parents take some sort of parenting classes.  

bravo...excellent post...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:15:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2011, 12:22:41 AM »

Jhessye Shockley's cousin says missing child was abused

(video at the link also)

Posted: 10/21/2011

Lisa Vance, from Glendale, says she helped raise Jhessye for four years while Jhessye's mother was in prison.

She tells ABC15 Jhessye was an intelligent girl with dreams of becoming a ballerina.

"You cannot help but love her. I miss everything about her," Vance said.

Jerice Hunter, Jhessye's mother, has a record of child abuse , and was sentenced to jail in California back in 2006. Vance says Hunter took Jhessye back last year when she was released.

"We did not give her back willingly," Vance said. "We didn't think Jerice was ready. She needed to get to know Jhessye. Jhessye was two weeks old when she left."

Vance, who does not have contact with Hunter anymore, alleges Hunter abused Jhessye.

"Absolutely," she said. "At our functions, and get-togethers, Jhessye was not herself. I've seen marks that led me to believe she was being abused in Jerice's home."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/jhessye-shockley%27s-cousin-says-missing-child-was-abused#ixzz1bQYgZns5

I am so sick of hearing about people NOT reporting obvious signs and concerns of abuse until its too late!!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:15:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2011, 04:21:13 AM »

I just read this and it made me sooo angry http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/127825/jhessye_shockleys_mom_made_a?next=11 " Jhessye Shockley's Mom Made a Mistake Any of Us Could Make ", do you guys leave your kids home alone to run errands? I wouldn't dream of it! And with that article and the comments it seems people do that and think it's ok. Is it just me or is it really ok to leave small and young kids home alone?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:16:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.