March 28, 2024, 01:11:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jhessye Shockley, 5yrs old Phoenix AZ, missing since 10/11/11 - Mother convicted/body not found  (Read 62596 times)
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2011, 04:34:06 PM »

Jhessye Shockley's cousin says missing child was abused

(video at the link also)

Posted: 10/21/2011

::snipping2::

Lisa Vance, from Glendale, says she helped raise Jhessye for four years while Jhessye's mother was in prison.

She tells ABC15 Jhessye was an intelligent girl with dreams of becoming a ballerina.

"You cannot help but love her. I miss everything about her," Vance said.

Jerice Hunter, Jhessye's mother, has a record of child abuse , and was sentenced to jail in California back in 2006. Vance says Hunter took Jhessye back last year when she was released.

"We did not give her back willingly," Vance said. "We didn't think Jerice was ready. She needed to get to know Jhessye. Jhessye was two weeks old when she left."

Vance, who does not have contact with Hunter anymore, alleges Hunter abused Jhessye.

"Absolutely," she said. "At our functions, and get-togethers, Jhessye was not herself. I've seen marks that led me to believe she was being abused in Jerice's home."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/jhessye-shockley%27s-cousin-says-missing-child-was-abused#ixzz1bQYgZns5

I'm so tired of hearing about kids that are abused and then go missing!!!  WTH is wrong with these damn women and the DFACS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:31:50 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »

I just read this and it made me sooo angry http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/127825/jhessye_shockleys_mom_made_a?next=11 " Jhessye Shockley's Mom Made a Mistake Any of Us Could Make ", do you guys leave your kids home alone to run errands? I wouldn't dream of it! And with that article and the comments it seems people do that and think it's ok. Is it just me or is it really ok to leave small and young kids home alone?

NEVER!
No it is not okay!!!!!!  I won't even let my granddaughter play outside alone.  I also sleep in the same room with her when she stays over as we have a full size bed on the bottom and a bunk on the top.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:32:07 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »

I just read this and it made me sooo angry http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/127825/jhessye_shockleys_mom_made_a?next=11 " Jhessye Shockley's Mom Made a Mistake Any of Us Could Make ", do you guys leave your kids home alone to run errands? I wouldn't dream of it! And with that article and the comments it seems people do that and think it's ok. Is it just me or is it really ok to leave small and young kids home alone?

NEVER!
No it is not okay!!!!!!  I won't even let my granddaughter play outside alone.  I also sleep in the same room with her when she stays over as we have a full size bed on the bottom and a bunk on the top.

yep...my grands either sleep in the same room as me and hubs or in the living room which is right by our bed room...air mattress goes up and they are by us..and our alarm is set every night..last time they were over I ended sleeping on the air mattress with them...not my best sleep lol...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:32:27 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2011, 09:41:56 PM »

I'm seeing some articles spelling her name "Jahessye", while others spell it "Jhessye".  Which is it?  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:32:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2011, 10:15:02 PM »

I'm seeing some articles spelling her name "Jahessye", while others spell it "Jhessye".  Which is it?  
Who knows under these circumstances.  The child was taken at birth and raised by extended family.  They probably spelled it the best they could and then last year when birth mother reclaimed her she didn't get the spelling straightened out.  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:33:06 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2011, 12:28:23 AM »

Hi Muffy,

I noticed yesterday on her photo that it should be "Jhessye". This was mentioned on her facebook page somewhere too but everyone was given the Jahessye name in the beginning and most of the pages and news articles have Jahessye, but it should be Jhessye. I don't think mommy dearest new how to spell it either  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:33:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2011, 12:29:09 AM »

Hi Muffy,

I noticed yesterday on her photo that it should be "Jhessye". This was mentioned on her facebook page somewhere too but everyone was given the Jahessye name in the beginning and most of the pages and news articles have Jahessye, but it should be Jhessye. I don't think mommy dearest new how to spell it either  
*knew not new
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:33:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »

Hi Muffy,

Thank you cartfly.  
From this post all the way back to the first, you will see an edit note in italics at the bottom of the post.  That is because I had to go into each previous post to change the subject line to correct the spelling of Jhessye's name.  I currently don't know any other way to change them, but I felt getting her name right was important.  MB
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:37:45 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »

Hi Muffy,

Thank you cartfly.  
From this post all the way back to the first, you will see an edit note in italics at the bottom of the post.  That is because I had to go into each previous post to change the subject line to correct the spelling of Jhessye's name.  I currently don't know any other way to change them, but I felt getting her name right was important.  MB

it is important Muffers cause SHE is important..
praying for you little one!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Jhessye-Shockleys-aunt-wants-police-to-look-at-everyone-including-girls-mom-132794543.html
Jhessye Shockley's aunt wants police to look at everyone, including girl's mom
October 28, 2011

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- In a reversal of what they've been saying, some members of Jhessye Shockley's family now seem to be wondering if the 5-year-old's mother could have had something to do with the little girl's disappearance.

Until now, the family has insisted that Jhessye's mom, Jerice Hunter, was not involved in the disappearance of Jhessye.

Hunter served time in a California prison in 2006 on charges of child abuse. She was released last year.

Over the weekend, Jhessye's grandmother, Shirley Johnson, and aunt, Tammy Hunter appeared on CNN. Johnson was staunch in her support of her daughter.

"Are you sure in your heart of hearts that Jhessye's mother has nothing to do with her disappearance?" the anchor asked.

"I feel comfortable saying that," Johnson answered. "I just don't think she' capable of that, to do anything to her child. I just can't see that."

Earlier in the week, Hunter herself expressed anger with the media when a reporter asked her if she hurt Jhessye.

"It's very unfair for you to ask me that," she said. "Do I look like I would hurt my daughter? Do I look like I would hurt my daughter?"

In something of an about face, Josie Hunter, another of Jhessye's aunts, appeared on Headline News Thursday evening and said she could not say definitively whether Hunter was involved in whatever happened to Jhessye.

"If the police find evidence of whoever did it, including Jerice … I feel whoever did it should be held accountable," she said. "I, right now, cannot say that I know for sure that Jerice did this or anything like that. I want them [police] to look at everyone. She does have a past …."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/glendale/missing-girls-mom-gives-birth-10282011
Missing Girl's Mom Gives Birth
October 28, 2011

A family friend said Jerice Hunter gave birth on Tuesday and is now back home.

Meanwhile, the search for her daughter, Jahessye, continues.

There is an $11,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »

Another baby

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2011, 01:30:25 AM »

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/glendale/missing-girls-mom-gives-birth-10282011
October 28, 2011

^Thanks for the updates Muffy Smile

Maybe now we can get Mom in for a poly and get some answers!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2011, 08:00:39 AM »

October 28, 2011

^Thanks for the updates Muffy Smile

Maybe now we can get Mom in for a poly and get some answers!

YW cartfly.  And I was thinking the same thing as you are.  Now that Mom has given birth, a poly can be given.   

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2011, 08:35:28 PM »

Homicide now working missing girl case

Posted: Nov 01, 2011 8:31 AM CDT Updated: Nov 01, 2011 8:39 AM CDT
By Mindy Blake

http://www.kold.com/story/15922921/homicide-now-working-missing-girl-case

GLENDALE, AZ -Homicide detectives in Glendale are now working on the case of the missing five year old girl.

Police say the girl's mother is not a suspect, though they are working with the FBI to give her a polygraph test.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »

Homicide now working missing girl case

Posted: Nov 01, 2011 8:31 AM CDT Updated: Nov 01, 2011 8:39 AM CDT
By Mindy Blake

http://www.kold.com/story/15922921/homicide-now-working-missing-girl-case

GLENDALE, AZ -Homicide detectives in Glendale are now working on the case of the missing five year old girl.

Police say the girl's mother is not a suspect, though they are working with the FBI to give her a polygraph test.

they always say that...

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2011, 11:23:51 PM »

New details in Jhessye Shockley case

Posted on November 2, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Updated today at 6:21 AM

http://www.azfamily.com/news/New-details-as-search-for-missing-girl-stretches-into-third-week-133044233.html

GLENDALE, Ariz.--Three weeks after 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley was reported missing from her Glendale apartment, police still have few solid leads, but there are now new questions about when the little girl was last seen.

Glendale police say Jhessye was absent from kindergarten for a "period of time" because of "what can best be described as a communicable illness," in the days before her disappearance.

Hunter came and went from her apartment on Tuesday but did not want to speak with reporters.

She gave birth to another baby last week, but that baby was removed from her custody by Child Protective Services, according to a relative.

Hunter's other three children are also in CPS custody.
Investigators say they are still working to determine an appropriate time for a polygraph test to be administered to Hunter.

Sgt. Coombs said a seasoned criminal investigator with homicide experience is now leading this case.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2011, 12:09:07 AM »

hmm...so, LE has to determine exactly what day someone outside of the family actually saw this child.  She could've been gone for days before the initial report.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2011, 08:37:15 AM »

hmm...so, LE has to determine exactly what day someone outside of the family actually saw this child.  She could've been gone for days before the initial report.

was going to post the same thing! who knows when this child disappeared? she could have been missing for some time before mom reported her missing. Have the older children been questioned?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »

was going to post the same thing! who knows when this child disappeared? she could have been missing for some time before mom reported her missing. Have the older children been questioned?
Can you imagine how this abuser has probably threatened those kids up to the day that they were taken away.  They're probably scared to death.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.