April 16, 2024, 12:29:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #640 6/15 - 6/16/2007  (Read 154772 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: June 16, 2007, 09:12:41 PM »

Quote from: "*******"
Sounds like TES is on a very successfull run right now..I hope that continues..

I just wish these people would be found alive
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #841 on: June 16, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I was just about to say that it is very tough work..To tell these people they found there Loved Ones but they are deceased  Crying or Very sad

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #842 on: June 16, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »

OT..You guys remember the movie Midnight Express?? It's about a American that escaped from the Turkish prison?? Well anyway he went back to turkey Shocked If it was me I am not sure I would be anywhere near that country ever again..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070616/ennew_afp/entertainmentfilm_070616193811

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #843 on: June 16, 2007, 09:29:30 PM »

BT

Can you get on IM ? TY!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #844 on: June 16, 2007, 09:56:26 PM »

Real nice piece on Tim and TES on AMW. Nice to see him getting his due!

Good Nite.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: June 16, 2007, 09:58:17 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"

Good Nite.

Was it on already?  I never knew the time.  Hopefully it will be on the website.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: June 16, 2007, 10:01:59 PM »

From the AMW website:

Tragedy Into Triumph
6/15/2007

EquuSearch has brought closure to over 600 missing person cases and has over 350 volunteers.
 View LargerWhen Tim Miller started Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team in August of 2000, he launched a service dedicated to finding and rescuing lost and missing people utilizing volunteers on horseback.  In the last seven years, the organization has grown from a small, provincial operation to what it is currently - a grassroots search and rescue team that conducts statewide and international searches with its 350-plus volunteers.  In all, Tim and his volunteers have brought to closure almost 600 missing persons cases...but not all with happy endings.  

EquuSearch was born out of a close, personal tragedy.  In 1984, Tim Miller's daughter, Laura, went missing.  Her remains were ultimately found in an area now called the Texas Killing Fields where three other womens' bodies were found between 1984 and 1991.  In the months between when his daughter went missing and when she was discovered, Tim spent hours in the saddle tirelessly searching for Laura with a team of volunteers.  It was out of this hardship that EquuSearch came to be.  

At various points throughout the history of EquuSearch, America's Most Wanted has travelled along with Tim and his dedicated group of volunteers.  The members of EquuSearch come from all walks of life and are trained in various life-saving and rescue skills.  Each time AMW has met with Tim and his crew in the midst of a crisis, we've been impressed with the determination, professionalism, and compassion that fuels the team.  

Whether it's been scouring the oceanic waters of Aruba in search of Natalee Holloway or reuniting 18-month-old Heavenly Churchwell with her family, Tim Miller and EquuSearch have been there to help families and communities in their time of greatest need.  
http://www.amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=1924

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: June 16, 2007, 10:05:08 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
silly question from a silly monkey...but here goes...hope someone can answer as i have pneumonia and limited library time.... Crying or Very sad

Regarding statements in Jorans book, from Deepak....if joran wrote this book, why would he include these kind of statements ?  Or the author included them and joran gave permission to make it a more juicy read?  Or , they are all still lying???  

TY

I cannot comprehend why the "powers that be" in Aruba ... Joran's parents ... Joran's attorney/s ... ever allowed this book to be released.  I cannot comprehend the many talk shows that Joran has spoken on.  The lies and ... the contradictions that have been exposed is sooo incriminating.  Joran's arrogancy implies that he is has been provided   assurance that he cannot be touched  ... no matter what.

Janet

I sort of doubt that Joran "allowed" his parents to read his book before publication.  Possibly not his attorney either.  Joran is so arrogant he thinks he knows better than they know.  He thinks he is smarter than all others combined.

Dutch don't like to tell others what to do.  I was reared that this is wrong by Dutch parents and grandparents.  We are all supposed to come to the best conclusion and choice of action on our own.  This can be very bad for troubled youth in dire need of strict parenting.

For me, it was difficult to issue ultimatums to my kids.  I would try my best to get them to come to that conclusion first and on their own.  Only if their own judgment totally failed would I intervene and set down my foot.  I suspect the Sloots stop short of this last action.

When very young, I would give my kids problems to solve for me wherein I would suggest I might be thinking of doing something morally wrong and let them explain to me why I should not do that.  They figure out the game by about nine or ten years of age but by then they have some foundation in morals.

(snip)

Sometimes I would not only intervene and stop mine but actually spanked them.  It's OK to let kids learn on their own but only up to a point.  If they cross over what is acceptable in civilized society, parents should intervene.
 (snip)
JMO but I am sticking to it.

Anna I took out part of your quote Very Happy
Wow Laughing  Laughing Brings back memories of growing up! Are we sisters?? Laughing  Laughing  I was told I was the only child! We had a willow tree in the back yard and I had to pick and cut the switch that ended over the upper back legs.. The picking out was worse than the actual one or two swipes  Very Happy Embarassed

Friend of Monkeys take loads of Vit. C too!!!! and like the Monkey said.. don't skip on the meds. Take them all. If symptoms return go to the ER fast! Very Happy  From 'moma" IBE

Thanks to my Monkey Family for everything!!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #848 on: June 16, 2007, 10:07:15 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"

Good Nite.

Agreed!!!

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: June 16, 2007, 10:13:02 PM »

Sixteen-year-old is charged with Haines killings
By Staff Report
Sunday News

Published: Jun 16, 2007 5:49 PM EST

LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa - Manheim Township Police have arrested Alec Devon Kreider, 16, of 1264 Cobblestone Lane, and charged him with killing three members of the Haines family in their Blossom Hill home May 12.

Kreider, who was arraigned before District Justice David Miller just prior to a 5:30 p.m. press conference, was a student at Manheim Township High School and a friend of Kevin Haines, 16, who was stabbed to death along with his father, Thomas, and his mother Lisa.

A 20-year-old daughter, Maggie, was able to escape the home unharmed.

Police said Kreider entered the Haines residence with the intention of smothering Kevin but intentionally used a knife to kill both Kevin and his parents.

Kreider admitted the crime to his father, Timothy Scot Kreider, on Tuesday, June 14. His father subsequently contacted the police.

Kreider will be represented by attorney Jack Kenneff, a former assistant Lancaster County District Attorney. Kenneff said the preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on June 20.

Police are releasing little additional information.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: June 16, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »

Hello Monkeys, I should've said Hi first. I was just so excited that they solved that murder of the family in Lancaster Pa.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: June 16, 2007, 10:20:43 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Hello Monkeys, I should've said Hi first. I was just so excited that they solved that murder of the family in Lancaster Pa.

Yes, I saw that and thought about you and Angie.  Glad it's solved.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: June 16, 2007, 10:21:08 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
None,
Grass???  You have grass?  Mine hasn't been mowed in three weeks but guess next week will get the guy to do it, too large for me to mow.  But just to knock down the weeds that are trying to take over.

Most of the real grass is totally brown and crunchy.

Not supposed to water it either.  When water hits it when I am watering my dogs  Very Happy dust goes everywhere.  Dust blows in through the windows and the curtains have a coat of it!

I am doing laundry of curtains and ironing them to put back up but if we don't get rain, they will just be covered in dust again on the side to the windows.  Also have thought of caulking the windows but hate to do that as they are fairly good and tight windows and the dust gets in anyway.

I feel like I live in a desert now.   Sad  

Rain dance, rain dance calling 911 rain dept... Monkeys need rain.
When we get rain here I will go out in it and stand there.. oops no, all the chemicals in the air in Los Angeles will be in it.

still 20 pages behind.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: June 16, 2007, 10:25:08 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"

Yes, I saw that and thought about you and Angie.  Glad it's solved.
And when the suspect's father found out that his son was guilty of murder....he did the right thing and turned his son over to the police..unlike Paulus VDS.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: June 16, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »

IBE - when you catch up I want to know how your eye is doing  Wink
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: June 16, 2007, 10:33:20 PM »

I was just about to say that it is very tough work..To tell these people they found there Loved Ones but they are deceased  Crying or Very sad
I wholeheartedly agree. But at least they have closure.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #856 on: June 16, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »

Hey Monkeys.
What is the capital of Idaho?
Doing a crossword here .....

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: June 16, 2007, 10:40:44 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Hey Monkeys.
Is it Boise?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: June 16, 2007, 10:43:03 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Hey Monkeys.

Boise
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: June 16, 2007, 10:44:01 PM »

When I look at that picture of Tim, I see pain. He has been thru alot just in his own life. He takes these things on to help others, but it has to be taking a toll on him too.
Even tho they do not find them alive often, he gives these families hope.
I also think that Tim and the many other people who have been thru the death of their loved ones in these awful situations are an inspiration to the families. Some of my heros are , of course Tim, John Walsh, Ed Smart ( he doesn't have to do this anymore, but does ), Mark Klaas, Mark Lunsford. There are many more. Drew Kesse. etc.
These people are such strong people.
It is almost as if I have to look to people like this, rather than the alternative, else a person would go mad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.