March 28, 2024, 09:10:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...he represents what Martin Luther King was talking about..."  (Read 1674 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 15, 2011, 10:27:16 AM »

In Bartlett, Tenn., Cain drew a number of black supporters who were excited at the prospect of a conservative African-American of his stature.

"To me he represents what Martin Luther King was talking about when he talked about his dream," Reginald Tooley, a 49-year-old physical therapist from Memphis, said. "With hard work and self-reliance you can do anything you want."

Others, seem to want the government, social safety net, and illegal masses to destroy the American dream.

"In the field right now, he's the most like me," said Jimmy Hoppers, a 60-year-old physician from Jackson, who was hoping to meet Cain so he could hand deliver a $1,000 donation to his campaign. "He's run a business and paid the bills. He's authentic."

read more here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/15/cains-impossible-dream-resonates-with-voters/

Instead of redistributing/stealing/taking/taxing the INCOME of others, it should be about creating people who can make an income and CREATE THEIR OWN WEALTH.  We don't tax wealth in this nation, we tax hard working people.

For some reason, the extremely wealthy are all for taxing income...none is donating their 'wealth' to their pet projects. 

How different would the world be if they supported their dreams of charity with THEIR OWN WEALTH instead of the INCOME of others?

Imagine a chain of abortion clinics built and supported by Pelosi instead of taxpayers and working Americans.  She could put her name on it, use her wealth to support her favorite projects - womens health.  I can imagine, the clinics would not be spending hundreds of dollars on a single pack of birth control pills.

Imagine if everyone had the option of a BASIC major medical that included an HSA.  HSA's pay for a lot of stuff not covered in the insurance plan.  Folks could use their own dollars to fund abortions.  Pregnancy is not an illness or a disease. 

"You see, this is what the folks in D.C. don't get because they don't come out here to meet with you."

The biggest negative on Cain for me?  He seems to be a creature of the Federal Reserve.  He doesn't see a problem with a super secret private bank creating money out of thin air and doling out in TRILLIONS via secret deals with foreigners, other banks, and others...

Herman Cain - 'don't look behind the black curtain'

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 02:20:28 PM »

I like Herman Cain.  He is a fine example of a self-made man.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.