March 18, 2024, 08:46:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448256 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »

Mods - not sure where to create a thread for a man suspected of hacking apart a victim, then mailing pieces of the body to politicians, and an international manhunt now on for the person who did this, video taped it and posted it on the internet.  He (Luka Rocco Magnotta) has also dated Karla Homolka
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2012, 03:55:01 PM »

Mods - not sure where to create a thread for a man suspected of hacking apart a victim, then mailing pieces of the body to politicians, and an international manhunt now on for the person who did this, video taped it and posted it on the internet.  He (Luka Rocco Magnotta) has also dated Karla Homolka

Been reading about that Northern, Sick sick

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »

Been reading about that Northern, Sick sick

Everyday it seems to get worse as details come out.  RCMP have still not indicated they know who the victim is.  I want to know how he managed to ship body parts without the postal service noticing the blood dripping or smell of decomp.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »

I think maybe put it in News of the Day and we can always move if we think of something better.  For now I think that's the best though.  Thanks!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=24.0
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2012, 04:58:42 PM »

OMGosh!!!!  John Edwards has gotten off.  I can NOT believe it. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »

I think maybe put it in News of the Day and we can always move if we think of something better.  For now I think that's the best though.  Thanks!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=24.0

Thanks !
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »

Thank-you, Muffy. 

It is always good to see your Bee, and not that BIG Buzzard.
Yes, I am hoping too an arrest will come, sooner or later.

Muffy I could not find a phone number to post with the reward?

Do you have any contact information that we can include, please, with the 30,000 reward?  TIA

I am grateful to you, for your updated "Some Helpful Hints" A nice reference.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9830.msg1526324;boardseen#new

Thanks to the Goodness of Klaas (and Muffy) keeping the Monkeys looking good. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »

OMGosh!!!!  John Edwards has gotten off.  I can NOT believe it. 

Kitty Mom,

He needs to live with himself everyday, and sometimes, I believe that is the worse
punishment, living with your Soul.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »

Thank-you, Muffy. 

It is always good to see your Bee, and not that BIG Buzzard.
Yes, I am hoping too an arrest will come, sooner or later.

Muffy I could not find a phone number to post with the reward?

Do you have any contact information that we can include, please, with the 30,000 reward?  TIA

I am grateful to you, for your updated "Some Helpful Hints" A nice reference.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9830.msg1526324;boardseen#new

Thanks to the Goodness of Klaas (and Muffy) keeping the Monkeys looking good. Smile

BBM
My reply is posted Ayla Reynold's Case Discussion thread.   
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12524.msg1527365#msg1527365

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »

I was a little surprised at the outcome of the John Edward's trial too, but more than anything, he's guilty of being a jerk. Through the public trial, we all learned just how much of a jerk he is, and in many ways he'll serve under that sentence for life. The stuff that has come to light will follow him for the rest of his life, IMO.

Did anybody watch the "Hatfield and McCoys" 3 night mini series on The History Channel? I had to record it and catch it when I could, but Kevin Costner did a great job in it and I learned a lot! I always thought the feud was more legendary and folklore than anything else and probably blown all out of proportion, but I was wrong! Some of the basis for the feud went to the US Supreme court! The full episodes are watchable on the History Channel's website, and I'd recommend it to anybody with any interest at all. It was a great cast too and very well documented.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »

I was a little surprised at the outcome of the John Edward's trial too, but more than anything, he's guilty of being a jerk. Through the public trial, we all learned just how much of a jerk he is, and in many ways he'll serve under that sentence for life. The stuff that has come to light will follow him for the rest of his life, IMO.

Did anybody watch the "Hatfield and McCoys" 3 night mini series on The History Channel? I had to record it and catch it when I could, but Kevin Costner did a great job in it and I learned a lot! I always thought the feud was more legendary and folklore than anything else and probably blown all out of proportion, but I was wrong! Some of the basis for the feud went to the US Supreme court! The full episodes are watchable on the History Channel's website, and I'd recommend it to anybody with any interest at all. It was a great cast too and very well documented.
Thanks CBB, I'd noticed it being advertised and had planned on watching...Will be easier to watch on puter as hubby takes up occupancy in the evenings of the big screen TV and I always fall asleep if I try watching in the bedroom.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2012, 12:29:20 AM »

I watched all 3 nights.  I have to admit it was a very good mini series.  Did you know it was filmed in Romania?  I have to say those mountains are NOT the Appalachian mountains.  I thought it was filmed out west but read up on it and it was filmed out of the U.S.

I have read up a lot on the Hatfields and McCoys and the show changed some stuff:  like, Roseanna, she lived at the hatfields for a while and then her mother sent her sisters to bring her home.  She contracted measles while living in her parents home and miscarried her baby, not giving birth at her aunt's house and the baby dieing a year later.  Johnsie and her was more a sexual thing, not Romero and Juliet.  She was more than 5 years older than Johnsie (he was 18, she was 23).  He was not smitten with her except in a sexual way and she supposedly had Gonorrhea from all her "encounters" with the local boys and may explain why she became so ill and died at an early age.  So they romanticized it a lot when it came to Roseanna and Johnsie.  The pictures of them leave a lot to be desired, not very pretty or handsome in my book. But, all-in-all, it was a good mini-series and most everyone I know here in Kentucky watched it and had good comments on it.  I think Kevin Costner was really good and Bill Paxton was good also. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2012, 12:39:22 AM »

Thanks CBB, I'd noticed it being advertised and had planned on watching...Will be easier to watch on puter as hubby takes up occupancy in the evenings of the big screen TV and I always fall asleep if I try watching in the bedroom.
I watched all 3 episodes. It was very well made and I learned a lot! It also prompted me to do a little more research on the feud and the geography of the Kentucky - West Virginia border. While I wouldn't say it was another documentary on a par with Ken Burn's "Baseball", it was a great "docudrama" and perfect for The History Channel.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2012, 02:59:59 AM »

I watched all 3 episodes. It was very well made and I learned a lot! It also prompted me to do a little more research on the feud and the geography of the Kentucky - West Virginia border. While I wouldn't say it was another documentary on a par with Ken Burn's "Baseball", it was a great "docudrama" and perfect for The History Channel.

Really was worth watching, have never liked Kevin Costner but have to say he did a good job on this one.   Watching it on the puter made for a long evening but it was commerical free. 
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »

It is June 1st.

To all my monkey brethren in the 'danger zone'.....prayers for us all for a boring and uneventful hurricane season  an angelic monkey

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »

It is June 1st.

To all my monkey brethren in the 'danger zone'.....prayers for us all for a boring and uneventful hurricane season  an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:18 AM »

It is June 1st.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I was just telling my ten year old on the way to school that today starts hurricane season.  I love storms!  I am also praying for safety for all in the "danger zone." 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
crazybabyborg
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2012, 01:35:41 AM »

Ohhhhh.............. I LOVED Ken Burn's "Baseball"! You didn't have to be a sport's fan to appreciate it. It was almost a reflection of America itself. Did you ever watch his Civil War series? It was unbelievably great! If they taught history in school like that, the SAT scores would skyrocket and we'd have a lot of kids turned on by school instead of turned off. JMO.

Thanks for the additional information, Blue Moon! I had briefly looked up a few things as I watched and knew that Johnsie and Roseanne weren't exactly as portrayed, but didn't know the details you provided. I agree with you, BTW. Those aren't our mountains. I kept looking for the lush green scenery and it just wasn't there. I remember when I first saw "The Last of the Mohicans", I knew immediately upon the first scenes that it had been filmed close by. Sure enough, the location was Western North Carolina and the Appalachains. I'm biased, but I think the beauty of what we have is really unique. Lots of people are surprised to learn that our climate is officially "Humid Sub Tropical". It doesn't sound like that climate should include the oldest Mountain Range in the country and winter snow, but it makes the mountains so incredibly lush green and vibrant in summer.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2012, 02:41:13 AM »

Ohhhhh.............. I LOVED Ken Burn's "Baseball"! You didn't have to be a sport's fan to appreciate it. It was almost a reflection of America itself. Did you ever watch his Civil War series? It was unbelievably great! If they taught history in school like that, the SAT scores would skyrocket and we'd have a lot of kids turned on by school instead of turned off. JMO.

Thanks for the additional information, Blue Moon! I had briefly looked up a few things as I watched and knew that Johnsie and Roseanne weren't exactly as portrayed, but didn't know the details you provided. I agree with you, BTW. Those aren't our mountains. I kept looking for the lush green scenery and it just wasn't there. I remember when I first saw "The Last of the Mohicans", I knew immediately upon the first scenes that it had been filmed close by. Sure enough, the location was Western North Carolina and the Appalachains. I'm biased, but I think the beauty of what we have is really unique. Lots of people are surprised to learn that our climate is officially "Humid Sub Tropical". It doesn't sound like that climate should include the oldest Mountain Range in the country and winter snow, but it makes the mountains so incredibly lush green and vibrant in summer.
Yes!!! -- anything by Ken Burns is fantastic!! I agree, schools would do well to re-think how history is taught. I really enjoy a good "docudrama" to be both entertaining yet educational at the same time! 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »

I watched all 3 nights.  I have to admit it was a very good mini series.  Did you know it was filmed in Romania?  I have to say those mountains are NOT the Appalachian mountains.  I thought it was filmed out west but read up on it and it was filmed out of the U.S.

I have read up a lot on the Hatfields and McCoys and the show changed some stuff:  like, Roseanna, she lived at the hatfields for a while and then her mother sent her sisters to bring her home.  She contracted measles while living in her parents home and miscarried her baby, not giving birth at her aunt's house and the baby dieing a year later.  Johnsie and her was more a sexual thing, not Romero and Juliet.  She was more than 5 years older than Johnsie (he was 18, she was 23).  He was not smitten with her except in a sexual way and she supposedly had Gonorrhea from all her "encounters" with the local boys and may explain why she became so ill and died at an early age.  So they romanticized it a lot when it came to Roseanna and Johnsie.  The pictures of them leave a lot to be desired, not very pretty or handsome in my book. But, all-in-all, it was a good mini-series and most everyone I know here in Kentucky watched it and had good comments on it.  I think Kevin Costner was really good and Bill Paxton was good also. 

CBB, I have GenealogyBank.com which has newspapers from all the U.S. that dates back to the 1700's.  I did a search on the Hatfields and the the McCoys and read some of the newspaper articles dating in the 1880-s up to 1920's when Anse Hatfield died.  These articles are all over the place.  Their accounts of what happened differ from newspapers in the North, newspapers in the South, whether the newspaper was West Virginia or whether it was Kentucky.  Devil Anse even did vadilvil act in the early 1900's before he died sometime around 1920.  The only thing they agree on in any of the accounts is how violent that period in history was for both families.  So I really don't know if anyone really knows what happened.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.