March 19, 2024, 12:20:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448291 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2012, 11:27:12 AM »

https://familysearch.org/1940census/

Green Eyes,

California is searchable, according to this map. I am waiting for Pennsylvania which is half completed, Smile

GOOD LUCK, digging!

P.S. For anyone who is not aware of the technique, pass you mouse over the map.

Thanks Seahorse  I will have to go look.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:47 PM »

People, I don't know about any of you but where I live it is 106 degrees and it is bloody hot hot hot.  Everything is burned.  Our tomatoes just started coming in and we are keeping them watered.  They are loaded and I don't wont to lose them. 

They have put a burn ban on and that means NO fireworks at all except the city sponsored fireworks.  Now you know kids will still go ahead and shoot off fireworks even though they have been told not to.  Now we have to really keep a close eye on these fireworks landing on our house or in our burnt up yard and catching it on fire.  Everything is a tinderbox right now.  No rain in sight.  If we can hold out til next Wed. it is suppose to be 98 degrees.   Geesh, I never thought I would consider 98 as cool!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »

My son and DIL live in Colorado.  It's been super unbearably hot and of course smokey with all the fires.  They are coming out here next week for a few days and asked what the weather should be.  I sent them this    I know, I'm rubbing it in.   Monkey Devil!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2012, 03:40:44 PM »

My son and DIL live in Colorado.  It's been super unbearably hot and of course smokey with all the fires.  They are coming out here next week for a few days and asked what the weather should be.  I sent them this    I know, I'm rubbing it in.   Monkey Devil!

you really are rubbing it in.

But you know it is really a bit scary with temps this high and everything so burned up.  I live a 9/10 of a mile from the volunteer fire department and they are running in and out every day.  They just went out not more than 10 minutes ago.  When it gets this hot every thing can ignite so fast and you have to keep your eyes open for fires.  I read in our newspaper the other day that mulch caught on fire under a porch and they had to call the fire dept. out before their house caught on fire.  Scary.

Enjoy your weather Klaas.  Just keep us in your thoughts as you are enjoying the fireworks next week!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »

People, I don't know about any of you but where I live it is 106 degrees and it is bloody hot hot hot.  Everything is burned.  Our tomatoes just started coming in and we are keeping them watered.  They are loaded and I don't wont to lose them. 

They have put a burn ban on and that means NO fireworks at all except the city sponsored fireworks.  Now you know kids will still go ahead and shoot off fireworks even though they have been told not to.  Now we have to really keep a close eye on these fireworks landing on our house or in our burnt up yard and catching it on fire.  Everything is a tinderbox right now.  No rain in sight.  If we can hold out til next Wed. it is suppose to be 98 degrees.   Geesh, I never thought I would consider 98 as cool!

Blue Moon  That's what we have had for a couple weeks now. Today it only got to 103. Then we drop to a cool 97/99. Yippee.  I don't go out unless I have to. I feel for you. That's how we were last year for the 4th. This year we have had enough rain so the kids can have their fireworks. But a couple more weeks of this heat and we will be on a burn ban once again. Try and stay cool. Hope you can keep your tomatoes going. Didn't have any luck this year. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »

Yep you are  But even the valleys haven't been overly hot out there.  Gald your son & DIL aren't in any of the fire areas. Colorado has been hit hit with them. Have friends in Colorado Springs and around the area. It's been bad.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »

Blue Moon  That's what we have had for a couple weeks now. Today it only got to 103. Then we drop to a cool 97/99. Yippee.  I don't go out unless I have to. I feel for you. That's how we were last year for the 4th. This year we have had enough rain so the kids can have their fireworks. But a couple more weeks of this heat and we will be on a burn ban once again. Try and stay cool. Hope you can keep your tomatoes going. Didn't have any luck this year. 

Thanks, green eyes.  We go to my brothers every 4th of July and their entire neighborhood does fireworks.  I haven't talked to him to see how he is taking it that they cannot do their fireworks.  Heck, they are saying the fines can reach $500.  But like I said, kids will still do it and I just know they will catch something on fire.  It is way too early for these high temps.  We usually have maybe 100 degrees in mid to late August, not January.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2012, 04:08:04 PM »

Thanks, green eyes.  We go to my brothers every 4th of July and their entire neighborhood does fireworks.  I haven't talked to him to see how he is taking it that they cannot do their fireworks.  Heck, they are saying the fines can reach $500.  But like I said, kids will still do it and I just know they will catch something on fire.  It is way too early for these high temps.  We usually have maybe 100 degrees in mid to late August, not January.

It's so hard when you enjoy the 4th and can't do the fireworks. When we lived in Calif. The whole family would get together and do the BBQ and swimming etc. Then sit for hours and do fireworks. As every body would go crazy and bring some. So much fun. And wonderful memories. Prayers no one starts a fire.  As hot as it's been here in Texas this year it's not as bad as last year. It started in May and didn't end until Sept. Tell your brother to just save everything for next year and have double the fun.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »

It's so hard when you enjoy the 4th and can't do the fireworks. When we lived in Calif. The whole family would get together and do the BBQ and swimming etc. Then sit for hours and do fireworks. As every body would go crazy and bring some. So much fun. And wonderful memories. Prayers no one starts a fire.  As hot as it's been here in Texas this year it's not as bad as last year. It started in May and didn't end until Sept. Tell your brother to just save everything for next year and have double the fun.

My Brother is as big a kid as the 15-18 year olds.  He is probably taking it really hard on the ban.

It is currently 110 degrees. I have never seen the radar show a pink haze all over our area.  Weird.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »

I turned everybody loose about an hour ago and told them to go home and MAKE SURE their dogs were inside!! Whew........it's HOT!

Klaas???  I see those temperatures you posted!   

The three year old LOVES the pool, but I've been trying to wait until around 5:30 to let him go. I'm scared he's going to get burnt. Just have to share a couple of pics with you guys. He's really into Toy Story, so he runs and jumps while yelling, "To Infinity and Beyond!"

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2012, 05:05:56 PM »

I turned everybody loose about an hour ago and told them to go home and MAKE SURE their dogs were inside!! Whew........it's HOT!

The three year old LOVES the pool, but I've been trying to wait until around 5:30 to let him go. I'm scared he's going to get burnt. Just have to share a couple of pics with you guys. He's really into Toy Story, so he runs and jumps while yelling, "To Infinity and Beyond!"

How cute he is!!!!  You know if it is as hot there as it is here he will burn in no time. Better keep a good eye on the skin or put lotion on.

I am washing all my bed cloths and regular wash and instead of tying up the dryer with all the sheets, pillow case etc I am hanging them outside and it is only taking about 10 minutes or less to dry all those cloths that would take at least 45 minutes per load.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2012, 05:33:36 PM »

FWIW - they outlawed personal fireworks in almost all of our cities years ago.  I used to LOVE setting off the fireworks!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »

FWIW - they outlawed personal fireworks in almost all of our cities years ago.  I used to LOVE setting off the fireworks!

Yes they have. There are only a couple places that still allow them. At least there were last year.  I enjoy watching them and watching the kids enjoy them. I figured after preparing all the food etc. It was hubs turn and I would sit back with a cool drink and watch and relax.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2012, 05:58:04 PM »

What a cutie CBB  I am sure he would live in the pool if you let him.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2012, 06:09:23 PM »

My Brother is as big a kid as the 15-18 year olds.  He is probably taking it really hard on the ban.

It is currently 110 degrees. I have never seen the radar show a pink haze all over our area.  Weird.

Yikes Blue Moon that's hot. Stay cool. Your poor brother sounds like my oldest brother. That's sweet he enjoys it so much. Are they banning the city fireworks too? They even cancelled all the city fireworks here last year. We had crazy neighbors last year that thought it would be okay to set off bottle rockets. I was very glad when they moved.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »

Yikes Blue Moon that's hot. Stay cool. Your poor brother sounds like my oldest brother. That's sweet he enjoys it so much. Are they banning the city fireworks too? They even cancelled all the city fireworks here last year. We had crazy neighbors last year that thought it would be okay to set off bottle rockets. I was very glad when they moved.

No, the city fireworks continue---it will be at the Corvette Museum and the city fire department will be there to help in case of any problems.

The Barren River lake will have their fireworks but it is down by the water's edge and they will also have local fire dept's there to help out.

So I guess if we want to have fireworks this year we have to go to one or the other location.

We used to go across the Tennessee state line and buy "real" fireworks because they were illegal here.  Boy, we could get some really good fireworks.  We used to live a few houses down from my parents and we would gather after dark with those illegal fireworks and set them off until they were all gone.  Well my father could not sleep because we were setting off fireworks so here he comes walking to our house.  My brother said, Oh, here comes Daddy, watch this!  Well he shot a bottle rocket toward my father and it hit his new pair of shorts and my father was furious.  If it had been anyone other than "his baby" (because he was the youngest in the family) he would have killed us.  That is where my brother got his passion for fireworks is from me and my hubby!!!!! He just cannot outgrown those good ole days. 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2012, 08:38:55 PM »

No, the city fireworks continue---it will be at the Corvette Museum and the city fire department will be there to help in case of any problems.

The Barren River lake will have their fireworks but it is down by the water's edge and they will also have local fire dept's there to help out.

So I guess if we want to have fireworks this year we have to go to one or the other location.

We used to go across the Tennessee state line and buy "real" fireworks because they were illegal here.  Boy, we could get some really good fireworks.  We used to live a few houses down from my parents and we would gather after dark with those illegal fireworks and set them off until they were all gone.  Well my father could not sleep because we were setting off fireworks so here he comes walking to our house.  My brother said, Oh, here comes Daddy, watch this!  Well he shot a bottle rocket toward my father and it hit his new pair of shorts and my father was furious.  If it had been anyone other than "his baby" (because he was the youngest in the family) he would have killed us.  That is where my brother got his passion for fireworks is from me and my hubby!!!!! He just cannot outgrown those good ole days. 

That's so funny. I love the fact he isn't out growing those good ole days. That's what keeps us going and young at heart. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »

Blue Moon.... They've banned personal fireworks here as well, but the City is still planning their display. I love the story you shared!! 

It's 9:43AM and it's already 80*. (Why isn't there a "degree" symbol on a keyboard?) We're supposed to get to 103* today. Yesterday, at 5:00PM it was still 102*. I keep thinking about the millions of people without power in the DC, Northern Virginia area. That's going to be brutal in this heat.

Stay cool everybody! Remember your pets!!             
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2012, 05:14:45 PM »

See, this is what I was afraid of.  It was caused from fireworks being shot off.  It appears to be out of control.

They have called out our fire dept and others in the county.  From what I understand there is another big fire in the city limits, also from fireworks.

Story is here:  http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/Large_Fire_On_Morgantown_Road_161010215.html#disqus_thread

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »

Blue Moon They are now saying it has burned down a barn. Hope they can get it under control. Prayers for everyone in the area. Please stay safe. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.