March 19, 2024, 01:47:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448307 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2012, 05:38:17 PM »

Blue Moon They are now saying it has burned down a barn. Hope they can get it under control. Prayers for everyone in the area. Please stay safe. an angelic monkey

They have all 10 volunteer fire dept's and the city's fire department there. 

So far no one around here is setting off fireworks.  They are getting reports that people are setting off fireworks still and they call the police dept. and they say they can't do anything unless they catch them setting them off.  We have a ban and you can be fined upwards of $500
for setting them off and they won't do anything. 

They have a man on a tractor out in the field and they can't get his attention to get him out of there.  Surely he will see the smoke and flames.

Oh well, it is now 101* and we are under an excessive heat warning.  Heck, 101 is a whole lot better than 110*! 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »

Blue Moon They are now saying it has burned down a barn. Hope they can get it under control. Prayers for everyone in the area. Please stay safe. an angelic monkey

So far no one around here is setting off fireworks.  They are getting reports that people are setting off fireworks still and they call the police dept. and they say they can't do anything unless they catch them setting them off.  We have a ban and you can be fined upwards of $500

They have a man on a tractor out in the field and they can't get his attention to get him out of there.  Surely he will see the smoke and flames

Oh well, it is now 101* and we are under an excessive heat warning.  Heck, 101 is a whole lot better than 110*! 

Sometimes plowing furrows is a way to make a fire break.  I wonder if that's what he's trying to do?  He should get out of there, no telling how fast fire can travel.  From what I understand, the only safe place to be would be where it's already burned black.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »

They have a man on a tractor out in the field and they can't get his attention to get him out of there.  Surely he will see the smoke and flames.

They seemed to have got it under control and only the barn was lost. Glad no one was hurt.  an angelic monkey Hope you get some relief from the heat soon. Starting tomorrow we start going back up to the 100's. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2012, 10:47:20 AM »

They seemed to have got it under control and only the barn was lost. Glad no one was hurt.  an angelic monkey Hope you get some relief from the heat soon. Starting tomorrow we start going back up to the 100's. 

They did get it under control.  Turns out it was bales of hay that spontaneously caught fire.  We are "maybe" suppose to have 30% chance of rain for the next 3 days---hey, that's better than nothing!

Temps are suppose to be in the mid to upper 90's so that will help some.

We just have to keep our eyes out for fireworks now through Thursday.

I hope you don't have the stifling heat that we have had.  It is awful! 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »

Looky what I got over the week-end!! A new addition to the mug family!!    The original one got chipped but I wouldn't take anything for any one of them.

Klaas, it's gorgeous and the graphics are perfect!! Thank You, Thank You!!   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »

Looky what I got over the week-end!! A new addition to the mug family!!    The original one got chipped but I wouldn't take anything for any one of them.

I need to order me one.  Those look like really good mugs!!!

Klaas, great job on those.  I love them

CBB, how's the weather in your direction?  I am heading that way later on this week!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »

Hiya, Blue Moon! 

It's hot, but today we're supposed to stay out of triple digits. The high today will be in the high 90's and it stormed for hours last night so this morning there was a little break in the heaviness in the air. Honestly, I had the little one at the park yesterday morning and it took me all day to get over it. I just couldn't seem to get a full breath for the rest of the day. The humidity remains high and that's really hard on anyone with respiratory problems.

I think you'll be fine. As the week goes on, we're supposed to be closer to normal. If you're going to be walking around much, dress for heat and slip a water bottle in your purse! Plan on time to get out of the sun during the afternoon hours.

I'm glad they were able to contain the fire in your neck of the woods, Blue Moon! We needed the rain we got last night and I'm hoping the risk of fire is less today because of it!

Yep, get a mug! I love them!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2012, 01:58:45 AM »

Happy 4th of July                         
                                  Hope everyone has a great day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: July 04, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »

Happy 4th of July                         
                                  Hope everyone has a great day.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: July 04, 2012, 09:09:03 AM »

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y   A M E R I C A

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xfu0WSy6KGE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xfu0WSy6KGE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »

THIS KID IS AMAZING!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5gkkBtRK_U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/f5gkkBtRK_U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: July 04, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »

Martina McBride - God Bless America (LIVE)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJNqep77vBw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vJNqep77vBw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #272 on: July 04, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

If anyone is interested in watching Joey Chestnut wolf down hot dog's. 

Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 2012:
Top Candidates to Dethrone Joey Chestnut

By Steven Cook (Featured Columnist) on July 4, 2012

Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest remains one of the most bizarre—yet entertainingly watchable—sporting events to date, as contestants race to see how many hot dogs
(with the buns) they can choke down in just 10 minutes.

The event will be shown at noon EST on ESPN3 and again at 3 p.m. EST on ESPN.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1247092-nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-2012-top-candidates-to-dethrone-joey-chestnut

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2012, 11:43:42 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest remains one of the most bizarre—yet entertainingly watchable—sporting events to date, as contestants race to see how many hot dogs

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1247092-nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-2012-top-candidates-to-dethrone-joey-chestnut

I have to confess that I love watching this "contest."  It is always the skinny contestant that wins over the bigger ones.  So funny!   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
crazybabyborg
« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2012, 01:49:04 AM »

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, MONKEY BUDDIES!!

(Man, David Phelps is really, really good!)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWYZAnVSGKY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/EWYZAnVSGKY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:00:15 AM by CBB » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #275 on: July 05, 2012, 02:05:59 AM »

THIS KID IS AMAZING!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5gkkBtRK_U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/f5gkkBtRK_U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

WOW!!! You're right, she's amazing! Loved all you posted, San!! Happy 4th!!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2012, 04:41:21 AM »

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2012, 04:44:22 AM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #278 on: July 05, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

I have to confess that I love watching this "contest."  It is always the skinny contestant that wins over the bigger ones.  So funny!   

Skinny girl won 10,000 for winning the women's hot dog eating contest.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: July 05, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »

CBB....heads up!   Bad thunderstorm with big winds...friend has trees down and crops flattened
due to wind.  Not sure how long this will last.  The weather channel has a red warning running
at the bottom of the screen.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.