March 19, 2024, 12:00:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448287 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »

Right outside our front door in a nest built in a fake plant    Baby sparrow getting ready for his first flight:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:40:12 AM by klaasend » Logged
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: July 15, 2012, 09:35:54 AM »

Right outside our front door in a nest built in a fake plant    Baby sparrow getting ready for his first flight:

Thanks for sharing and reminding us of God's wonders.  Sometimes we get so wrapped up in what is wrong with the world, we forget to celebrate what is good.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:43:47 AM by klaasend » Logged

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: July 15, 2012, 10:07:45 AM »

Edited to add:  The coolest thing happened when he first took off from the nest.  He landed on the ground and could only get up in the air for a couple seconds.  So he kept trying but was headed out towards the busy street out in front of our house.  WELL, all of a sudden about 8 adult sparrows dropped down to the ground and "herded" him away from the street into some planters and trees.  IT WAS SO COOL!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #323 on: July 15, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »

Edited to add:  The coolest thing happened when he first took off from the nest.  He landed on the ground and could only get up in the air for a couple seconds.  So he kept trying but was headed out towards the busy street out in front of our house.  WELL, all of a sudden about 8 adult sparrows dropped down to the ground and "herded" him away from the street into some planters and trees.  IT WAS SO COOL!

Wow, that is cool!  It takes a village!   

Thanks for sharing!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: July 15, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »

LOL, my husband said the same thing...."It really does take a village"   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: July 15, 2012, 07:36:05 PM »

Wow!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2012, 01:50:11 AM »

Happy Birthday, Shell!!!!!!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »

That is cool Klaaaasssssssssssss!! Happy bday Shell

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2012, 03:30:26 PM »

That is so cool.    But I have to confess when I first looked at the picture I thought " Why is Klass posting a picture of a bunch of hoses and wires."  Then I read her post and looked again at the picture sure enough there was the sparrow. I guess I need to wake up fully before I turn on the computer.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »

Happy Birthday, Shell!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELL

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2012, 07:24:50 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET!

Click on the link below at 9pm ET to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:31:56 PM by klaasend » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #331 on: July 19, 2012, 10:54:41 PM »

Awwww...... That just gave me goosebumps! Love is the same no matter what critter you are!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #332 on: July 19, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »

HAPPY BERFDAY, SHELL!! 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #333 on: July 20, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

Will be without Internet until Wed., July 25th. Those of you who have my contact info can call me, those who do not---no fear, I am NOT Missing.....see you all on Wed. online.........just shoot me now, aarggggggggggggggggggg!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: July 20, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »

"SEE" ya Wednesday Nut! 
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: July 20, 2012, 08:25:14 PM »

St. Joseph statue sounds good, too. 

The Nuns would have quite a throwing arm, as well 

We never had any criminals from our class.  Sometimes, I wonder if a little fear,
instilled in children is a good thing, no beating up, just a little fear.

You would think anyone would be arrested with messing around with a false report.

My neighbors history is in the records. Your neighbor's history is in the records, too.

A baby monitor may be useful.  I remember on the news, a woman heard a intruder from a baby monitor.  When I see one on a tag sale, I think I will spring for one, myself. 

I guess you could put a Baby monitor outside?  If you want to know what is going on.
You seem to be pretty set with your security system.

Do you have a blessed candle in your house?

I say a three minute prayer with  a quick candle lighting, and it  gives such peace of mind.
I will keep you and your neighbor in mind, when I light the candle Smile

I have stopped getting angry about my neighbor because it was showing on my face.
She is Beastly , and I was begin looking Beastly  So I went with the prayer and candle thing.

I think I know a few of those nuns you mentioned.    I went to your regular run of the mill public school but in the 70's you were still afraid of getting paddled by your teacher or going to the principal's office. It's wild because by the time I was in highschool in the 80's, no fear of any teacher/principal/superintendent. What a change just in that time span. By the time my kids started kindergarten, it was shocking how kids behaved and now... you just wonder how much worse it's going to get. We homeschooled our kids... and it worked out good....where my kids would get sent to the daddy/principal's office. They didn't turn out perfect but they respect others and keep their noses clean.

The last time an officer came out he said we should call the local drug unit and tell them what we've been seeing. We left a message at the number he gave us over a week ago and got a call to come in and talk with someone. So wednesday we talked with a detective. Nice guy too. He listened to everything we told him, wrote down names, and seemed really interested in one name in particular for some reason. He told us if they give us any further trouble to call police. We told him we've already called so many times and that we've been referred to magistrate court about the problem. He just shook his head and said, "Call the police on them again if they do anything else. That's what we're here for." He said if an officer complains to us about it, (like one of them did), he said to call their supervisor about it. I'm going to wait and see what legal aid says though, just to be on the safe side. It was a good meeting with the detective. He asked a lot of questions and listened to everything we shared with him. We asked just out of curiosity what will they do and he of course wouldn't go into it much but said it can be anything from stopping on the street to check for license/insurance to knocking on the door and asking if they're selling. He made a face while he said that so... we didn't pry any further. A face like "I can't really share that much with you, you know?"

The street patrols we had requested stopped a week ago but yesterday we saw a patrol car going by slowly. We didn't request they extend it. They're on the drug unit radar.

I know a gal that simply got her facts wrong about a situation and got arrested for lying to police in our area several years ago. Too bad they don't take it seriously like that with your forked tongue neighbor.

I am wondering if a baby monitor may be able to pick up more sound though. I think I'll check out the next yard sale or thrift store I'm near and see if I can pick one up. Maybe they can pick up sound better than our cams. Thanks for the idea.

I have one candle from my husband's confirmation last year... does that count as a blessed candle?

I have an Infant of Prague and Saint Joseph statues on the way to our mailbox.

Thank you for praying, Seahorse. I appreciate that very much. Our priest situation is still on hold. One is on vacation until the end of next week and the other has his schedule full until then also. We picked a busy time to finally decide on that one. We should have requested the blessing as soon as the trouble started. It's been quiet around here for the past few days though and that's a miracle!
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »

What a good story! From a bird lover, thank you for sharing that with us! Those baby birds can make one worry! We have some baby cardinals we're watching outside our place every day lately. Poor daddy cardinal has his wings full with four babies that are learning to fly. I said something about how that poor cardinal has his hands full and my hubby said "Can you imagine having to take care of 4 toddlers that can fly???" I put out some special suet just for that bird.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: July 21, 2012, 09:39:15 AM »

St. Joseph statue sounds good, too. 

The Nuns would have quite a throwing arm, as well 

We never had any criminals from our class.  Sometimes, I wonder if a little fear,
instilled in children is a good thing, no beating up, just a little fear.

You would think anyone would be arrested with messing around with a false report.

My neighbors history is in the records. Your neighbor's history is in the records, too.

A baby monitor may be useful.  I remember on the news, a woman heard a intruder from a baby monitor.  When I see one on a tag sale, I think I will spring for one, myself. 

I guess you could put a Baby monitor outside?  If you want to know what is going on.
You seem to be pretty set with your security system.

Do you have a blessed candle in your house?

I say a three minute prayer with  a quick candle lighting, and it  gives such peace of mind.
I will keep you and your neighbor in mind, when I light the candle Smile

I have stopped getting angry about my neighbor because it was showing on my face.
She is Beastly , and I was begin looking Beastly  So I went with the prayer and candle thing.

I think I know a few of those nuns you mentioned.    I went to your regular run of the mill public school but in the 70's you were still afraid of getting paddled by your teacher or going to the principal's office. It's wild because by the time I was in highschool in the 80's, no fear of any teacher/principal/superintendent. What a change just in that time span. By the time my kids started kindergarten, it was shocking how kids behaved and now... you just wonder how much worse it's going to get. We homeschooled our kids... and it worked out good....where my kids would get sent to the daddy/principal's office. They didn't turn out perfect but they respect others and keep their noses clean.

The last time an officer came out he said we should call the local drug unit and tell them what we've been seeing. We left a message at the number he gave us over a week ago and got a call to come in and talk with someone. So wednesday we talked with a detective. Nice guy too. He listened to everything we told him, wrote down names, and seemed really interested in one name in particular for some reason. He told us if they give us any further trouble to call police. We told him we've already called so many times and that we've been referred to magistrate court about the problem. He just shook his head and said, "Call the police on them again if they do anything else. That's what we're here for." He said if an officer complains to us about it, (like one of them did), he said to call their supervisor about it. I'm going to wait and see what legal aid says though, just to be on the safe side. It was a good meeting with the detective. He asked a lot of questions and listened to everything we shared with him. We asked just out of curiosity what will they do and he of course wouldn't go into it much but said it can be anything from stopping on the street to check for license/insurance to knocking on the door and asking if they're selling. He made a face while he said that so... we didn't pry any further. A face like "I can't really share that much with you, you know?"

The street patrols we had requested stopped a week ago but yesterday we saw a patrol car going by slowly. We didn't request they extend it. They're on the drug unit radar.

I know a gal that simply got her facts wrong about a situation and got arrested for lying to police in our area several years ago. Too bad they don't take it seriously like that with your forked tongue neighbor.

I am wondering if a baby monitor may be able to pick up more sound though. I think I'll check out the next yard sale or thrift store I'm near and see if I can pick one up. Maybe they can pick up sound better than our cams. Thanks for the idea.

I have one candle from my husband's confirmation last year... does that count as a blessed candle?

I have an Infant of Prague and Saint Joseph statues on the way to our mailbox.

Thank you for praying, Seahorse. I appreciate that very much. Our priest situation is still on hold. One is on vacation until the end of next week and the other has his schedule full until then also. We picked a busy time to finally decide on that one. We should have requested the blessing as soon as the trouble started. It's been quiet around here for the past few days though and that's a miracle!

Sorry that you seem to have the neighbors from Hades.  I can't imagine how you must feel -- violated is the word that comes to mind.  I hope the new statues will help and will add you to my prayer list.   an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
crazybabyborg
« Reply #338 on: July 25, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!   

I have a computer!!!!   

A storm knocked mine out and I've been without since late Thursday! 

Actually, this one is my son's, but he gave it to me until mine is ready. It's a long story, but the bottom line is that I HAVE A PUTER AGAIN!!!   

Wow, have things changed! I had no idea that computers no longer have to have a tower! I remember walking into Circuit City a few years ago and thinking, "The world has changed!" Every TV was a flat screen! LOL! Actually, I still have a couple TV's that aren't, but this was one of those days that taught me how fast things change!

Hi Monkeys!! I've missed you!!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: July 25, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »

Welcome back CBB!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.