March 19, 2024, 03:25:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448328 times)
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »

First real band of 40+ mph storms from Isaac just came thru very quickly here in Miami.  Should intensify and be more constant over the next 20 hours - but right now it is calm.

Prayers for all in the path of Isaac. Stay safe!!!

Take care, Sharon.  Please check in with us when you can.   

Thanks Ms Bee Smile

I think the worst is over for us. Very very very wet Smile And windy. We'll have squalls for the next 6 hours or so, but hopefully less frequently and shorter durations.

Now we all turn our eyes and prayers to NOLA Sad  Isaac is strengthening to hurricane force winds and headed that way. Definitely somewhere in the gulf.

Prayers that all in Isaac's path stay safe.

Glad it is over for Sharon; hopefully Isaac will blow himself out before he does too much more damage.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »

First real band of 40+ mph storms from Isaac just came thru very quickly here in Miami.  Should intensify and be more constant over the next 20 hours - but right now it is calm.

Prayers for all in the path of Isaac. Stay safe!!!

Take care, Sharon.  Please check in with us when you can.   

Thanks Ms Bee Smile

I think the worst is over for us. Very very very wet Smile And windy. We'll have squalls for the next 6 hours or so, but hopefully less frequently and shorter durations.

Now we all turn our eyes and prayers to NOLA Sad  Isaac is strengthening to hurricane force winds and headed that way. Definitely somewhere in the gulf.

Prayers that all in Isaac's path stay safe.

Glad it is over for Sharon; hopefully Isaac will blow himself out before he does too much more damage.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2012, 10:49:23 PM »

I'm in Pensacola, and for the past two days the hurricane was said to be coming our way, but now it seems that it's going more West towards Louisiana and Mississippi.

It has been ridiculous this past two days. I went to Sam's Club yesterday and there was NO water left. Went to Walmart yesterday and today, no water. The town has run out of fuel, no gasoline anywhere.

Thank God I had filled the tank Wednesday, and have a fresh case of water in my garage, that I regularly use for making bottled tea.

People today were buying cartfuls of spoilable groceries (milk, bread, meats). Stupid, because if the power goes out the food rots in the fridge/freezer.

The only thing that worries me here are the stray animals that live in the woods behind my home. Last month it rained hard, and it flooded really bad. I saw a few carcasses of cats and raccoons float down with the water. They have made the trees and borrows in the ground their homes when the ground is dry, then when it floods they get trapped. Sad.

To those in La, Ms, Al... keep safe!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: August 26, 2012, 11:58:03 PM »

Earthquakes in California today? 
California monkeys, stay safe!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: August 27, 2012, 12:07:39 AM »

Earthquakes in California today? 
California monkeys, stay safe!

I actually felt a couple of them, barely    None of them were very big unless you were right on top of them.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #425 on: August 27, 2012, 03:57:50 AM »

Glad you're OK, Klaas! You have nerves of steel............... I'd be quivering harder than the earth!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2012, 07:07:32 AM »

She's almost 2!

Where did that time go?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »

Dedicated to anyone trying to get used to Windows 7...............................

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2012, 03:46:23 PM »

Dedicated to anyone trying to get used to Windows 7...............................

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: August 29, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: August 29, 2012, 12:05:36 PM »

The kitty reminds me of "Phantom of the Opera" mask. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: August 30, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »

Hew BlueMoon!  

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/08/30/blue-moon-rises-friday-how-to-watch-online/?intcmp=features

Blue moon on Friday: How to watch online

Published August 30, 2012

Night sky observers around the world will have the chance to see a special full moon — one that has been dubbed a "blue moon" — this Friday, Aug. 31.

But, even those who are thwarted by less-than-ideal conditions outside will be able to tune in online to see spectacular lunar views.

The web-based Slooh Space Camera, which showcases live views from various telescopes around the world, is hosting a special broadcast of the blue moon on Friday, beginning at 6 p.m. EDT (2200 GMT).

Link to other website:
http://www.space.com/17349-blue-moon-science-explained.html

::snipping2::
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: August 30, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »

Hew BlueMoon!  

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/08/30/blue-moon-rises-friday-how-to-watch-online/?intcmp=features

Night sky observers around the world will have the chance to see a special full moon — one that has been dubbed a "blue moon" — this Friday, Aug. 31.

But, even those who are thwarted by less-than-ideal conditions outside will be able to tune in online to see spectacular lunar views.

The web-based Slooh Space Camera, which showcases live views from various telescopes around the world, is hosting a special broadcast of the blue moon on Friday, beginning at 6 p.m. EDT (2200 GMT).

Link to other website:

Cool; I'm stealing/sharing.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #433 on: August 30, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »

Here is what happened in court yesterday. Now more waiting, and praying the Judge does the right thing.

http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2012/08/boyce-pleads-guilty-in-crash-that-killed-family-of-four.php

Posted at 11:10 PM Aug. 29, 2012

Boyce pleads guilty in crash that killed family of four

By Alex Bridges -- abridges@nvdaily.com

WINCHESTER -- Steven A. Boyce faces prison time for accidentally causing the DUI-related crash that killed a family of four in Frederick County last June.

Boyce, 22, of 221 Hawk Trail, Shawneeland, appeared Wednesday in Frederick County Circuit Court to stand trial on four counts of aggravated involuntary manslaughter, a first offense of driving under the influence and underage possession of alcohol related to the June 26 collision. Boyce instead entered an agreement reached between the commonwealth and his attorneys under which he pleaded guilty as charged.

Authorities accused Boyce of driving drunk and then causing the accident that killed Amanda and Mark Roe and their children, Caleb and Tyler. Boyce's pickup rear-ended the Roe's Jeep Cherokee stopped at a traffic light at the intersection of Martinsburg Pike and Interstate 81. The impact ruptured the Jeep's rear-mounted fuel tank, which then caused the SUV to burst into flames.

Retired Judge Benjamin Kendrick accepted Boyce's pleas of guilt and scheduled sentencing for Sept. 25. The judge heard evidence the prosecution planned to present had the case gone to trial. Boyce's attorneys, William A. "Beau" Bassler and David Hensley, did not put on evidence for their client though Bassler said they intend to call witnesses at the sentencing hearing.

Boyce faces a maximum of 20 years in prison on each manslaughter charge and two, 12-month jail terms for the remaining misdemeanor counts. Boyce also faces serving an addition three years in prison for violating the terms of his supervised probation ordered with a suspended sentence on an earlier offense. Causing the crash and committing the related offenses violated the terms of the probation.

While Boyce's charges carry a maximum of 85 years behind bars, the deal leaves sentencing up to a judge but does not limit punishment to the range calculated under the state guidelines.

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #434 on: August 30, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »

Thanks for the update SuzieQ!   

I'll be praying too.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: August 30, 2012, 06:04:53 PM »

Hew BlueMoon!  

Link to other website:

I saw that yesterday.  But the one I saw looked more like a green moon.  My name comes from the song "Blue Moon of Kentucky" sung by Bill Monroe, good ole bluegrass music.  It also comes from "Blue Moon" beer.   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: August 30, 2012, 07:03:23 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET tonight!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: August 30, 2012, 07:04:56 PM »

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers SuzieQ.  Please continue to keep us posted. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: August 30, 2012, 07:09:35 PM »

Hew BlueMoon!  

Link to other website:

I saw that yesterday.  But the one I saw looked more like a green moon.  My name comes from the song "Blue Moon of Kentucky" sung by Bill Monroe, good ole bluegrass music.  It also comes from "Blue Moon" beer.   

I'm definitely familiar with the music of Bill Monroe & I've seen "Blue Moon" beer, but when I see your nic "Blue Moon" on the forum, I think of Nanci Griffith and her "Once in a Very Blue Moon".

https://www.youtube.com/v/_qXIfK4iJg8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:01 PM »

How could I go about requesting a section for sex offenders (wanted/absconded) with a Facebook page...I have found a few in my spare time.  It's sick and the one that I am looking at tonight is on Zoosk (and has made many female friends it appears from his Facebook page).  Do they not check him out?  I know I do.  Anyhow, it would be nice to have...this guy is in the Orlando area...several missing from here.  It would be nice if it were kept from public view...so they don't go off of the radar.  I sent a tip in...but, who knows if it will be followed up on.  This guy is charged with sexual battery with a weapon.  Scary...he is on MY streets...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.