March 19, 2024, 03:53:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448331 times)
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #460 on: September 11, 2012, 09:26:12 AM »

Does anyone have Klaas's email handy...pretty please?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #461 on: September 11, 2012, 09:40:10 AM »

Thank You CBB  and God Bless America   an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #462 on: September 11, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »

This is the one I have Titch   smklaas@hotmail.com

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: September 11, 2012, 09:56:44 AM »

This is the one I have Titch   smklaas@hotmail.com

Thank you thank you thank you!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #464 on: September 11, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »

::snipping2::
Chilling 9/11 note finally reaches family
A note that Randy Scott, who perished in the collapse of the World Trade Center, made its way to his family

FoxNews.com, Standford Advocate

12:30 PM PDT, September 10, 2012

"84th Floor west office 12 people trapped."

The words were scrawled on a note by Connecticut resident Randy Scott on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, when the World Trade Center was attacked. Scott perished that fateful day, but the note withstood the collapse of the towers and was passed from hand to hand for nearly ten years before it finally reached his family, according tothe Stamford Advocate

Scott’s wife, Denise, learned about what her family refers to as “The Note” in August 2011. She had previously believed her husband died instantly after Flight 175 flew into the tower near the offices of Euro Brokers, where he worked. The scrap of paper has robbed the family of any illusion Randy Scott died a quick and merciful death.

"I spent 10 years hoping that Randy wasn't trapped in that building," Denise, 57, said to the newspaper from her Stamford home, with two of her three daughters, Rebecca, 29, and Alexandra, 22, at her side. "You don't want them to suffer. They're trapped in a burning building. It's just an unspeakable horror. And then you get this10 years later. It just changes everything.”

The Note not only has the final words written by Scott, it also has a trace amount of his blood, according to the Advocate. DNA testing confirmed a match and helped the New York City Medical Examiner’s office track down his family, the paper reported.

Randy had phoned Denise before writing the note at the school where she teaches first grade, but believing that the first crash was minor, he simply left a message with the main office letting her know that he was fine, Scott recounted to the Stamford newspaper. Denise Scott said she did not know about the attacks until later that morning, when daughter Rebecca called her from Ohio.

For the next few days, the Scotts frantically checked around at hospitals, hoping the family patriarch had dodged death. Hope slowly gave way, yet they were able to believe that because Scott's office was close to the point of impact, he had not suffered, according to the Advocate.

Just over a year ago, as the nation marked the 10th anniversary of the attacks, Denise Scott was contacted by Dr. Barbara Butcher, head of forensics investigations for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of New York, the Advocate reported. A tiny note had been determined to have been written by the hand of Randy Scott.

"She said, 'It's something written.' And that's when I just fell apart," Denise Scott recalled in the interview with the Advocate.

When Scott saw the note, she knew her husband had written it.

"The minute I saw it I didn't need to see the DNA test," she said to the paper. "I saw the handwriting. It's Randy's handwriting."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-chilling-911-note-finally-reaches-family-20120910,0,3249252.story#tugs_story_display
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: September 11, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »

Such a poignant story.  The family being torn between the emotions of sadness and joy. 

I was teaching 11th graders that day.  I cried for those lost but I also cried for those students because I knew that their lives would never be the same; that this country would never be the same.  And, it hasn't.   an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: September 21, 2012, 10:07:36 AM »

CBB, I read about the bus wreck in that area on Fox.  Is everyone o.k.?  Said some were injured when the bus rolled over.  Have to be careful on those roads down there:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/20/22-students-injured-in-tennessee-school-bus-wreck/?test=latestnews

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: September 22, 2012, 06:36:19 PM »

I hope it isn't inappropriate to post this here, I wasn't certain where it should go.  This appears to be another judge making rather than following laws.  This child is in danger.

Judge Orders Little Four Year Old Eris to Scotland
http://www.bringerishome.com/home

Atlanta, GA October 17, 2011: Little Eris Chafin, just four years old, was ordered removed from her father's care in The United States where she had resided for the past eighteen months, since February, 2010. Federal District Court Judge, Inge Johnson, Clinton Appointee to the Northern District Court of Alabama, turned little Eris over to her Scottish mother, Lynne Hales Chafin. Without intervention from the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, Mr. Chafin will be forced to plea to Scottish courts for access to his daughter. Within hours of Judge Johnson's ruling, Ms. Chafin removed Eris from the United States.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #468 on: September 25, 2012, 02:11:44 PM »

http://www.winchesterstar.com/breaking_events/view/359

Breaking News: Boyce, Drunk Driver Who Killed Roe Family of 4, Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison
STAR STAFF REPORT

WINCHESTER -- Steven Boyce, the drunk driver who plowed into a vehicle and killed all four members of the Roe family in 2011, has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Steven Boyce

Frederick County Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Kendrick sentenced Boyce, 22, of the 200 block of Hawk Trail in Shawneeland, this morning during an emotional hearing. He pleaded guilty in August avoiding what was expected to be a three-day jury trial.

Boyce received concurrent 15-year sentences (they'll be served at the same time) for each of the four aggravated manslaughter charges. He was then given a 12-month sentence for driving under the influence, 12 months for under-age alcohol possession and three years for a probation revocation. Those three charges will be served consecutively.
Boyce — whose blood was drawn about two hours and 20 minutes after the crash — had a blood-alcohol content of 0.33 percent.
The legal limit for a person under the age of 21 to operate a vehicle in Virginia — Boyce was 20 at the time of the accident — is 0.02. The legal limit to operate a vehicle for a person 21 or older is 0.08 percent. ::snipping2::

This was the sentence that I was expecting. Don't like it, but expected it.
Amanda's Dad and Mark's brother are very upset.

2 4 1
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »

Breaking News: Boyce, Drunk Driver Who Killed Roe Family of 4, Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison
STAR STAFF REPORT

WINCHESTER -- Steven Boyce, the drunk driver who plowed into a vehicle and killed all four members of the Roe family in 2011, has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Steven Boyce

Frederick County Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Kendrick sentenced Boyce, 22, of the 200 block of Hawk Trail in Shawneeland, this morning during an emotional hearing. He pleaded guilty in August avoiding what was expected to be a three-day jury trial.

Boyce received concurrent 15-year sentences (they'll be served at the same time) for each of the four aggravated manslaughter charges. He was then given a 12-month sentence for driving under the influence, 12 months for under-age alcohol possession and three years for a probation revocation. Those three charges will be served consecutively.
Boyce — whose blood was drawn about two hours and 20 minutes after the crash — had a blood-alcohol content of 0.33 percent.
The legal limit for a person under the age of 21 to operate a vehicle in Virginia — Boyce was 20 at the time of the accident — is 0.02. The legal limit to operate a vehicle for a person 21 or older is 0.08 percent. ::snipping2::

Amanda's Dad and Mark's brother are very upset

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: September 25, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »

I'm sorry justice wasn't served SuzieQ.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: September 26, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:07:27 PM by klaasend » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #472 on: September 27, 2012, 03:15:59 AM »

STAR STAFF REPORT

Steven Boyce

Amanda's Dad and Mark's brother are very upset.

I'm so sorry SuzieQ.  It's NOT long enough.    

Crying or Very sad

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: September 29, 2012, 02:20:13 PM »

OMG, I didn't know if you hold down the ALT key and type a number it would add symbols to your post 

♥ = ALT + 3
♂ = ALT + 11
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: September 29, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »

OMG, I didn't know if you hold down the ALT key and type a number it would add symbols to your post 

♥ = ALT + 3
♂ = ALT + 11
Test:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #475 on: September 29, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »

♥ = ALT + 3
♂ = ALT + 11
Test:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

1       2   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: September 29, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »

Wreck - the directions are for a PC

You hold the ALT key down then using the Numbers Pad on the right (make sure your number lock is on) type the number then when you release the ALT key the symbol will show

1 thru 15 below (enlarged)

☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:25:10 PM by klaasend » Logged
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »

Wreck - the directions are for a PC

You hold the ALT key down then using the Numbers Pad on the right (make sure your number lock is on) type the number then when you release the ALT key the symbol will show

1 thru 15 below (enlarged)

☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼
I was using the numbers up top of the keyboard!!

♂☻♥♦♣♠•◘○

☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○♂♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼☺◙§▬↨↑↓→←∟↔▼ !"#$

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »

☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○ 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2012, 05:36:14 PM »

ALT + 0169 = ©

ALT + 0174 = ®

Some of these work and some don't work:

http://www.wikihow.com/Type-Symbols-Using-the-ALT-Key
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.