March 19, 2024, 01:15:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448300 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #600 on: November 29, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »

Oh, if you're not familiar with this Christmas website and you have any little ones in your family, you have got to watch this! You can make a personalized video from Santa for them! I'll share the one I made for Waylon. You enter name, age, nice, naughty and nice, or naughty, behavior being worked on, and all kinds of things. You can even enter photos. This one is the free video, but I'm thinking about the next level.... Click the link!

http://www.portablenorthpole.com/watch/gj20NSOkJQKAEmEX-W4OrGQ

CBB That is wonderful. I am going to send the website to a couple of my nieces and nephews who have little ones. Thank you for sharing. I can see Waylon enjoying it very much. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #601 on: November 30, 2012, 02:19:11 AM »

Hiya, GE!!  Glad you like it! I was excited about it too, and I've changed it up a bit for Waylon, because he wants to see it over and over every day! LOL!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: December 04, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »

TUNE IN NOW!

Click on the link below

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #603 on: December 08, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/erin.runnion/posts/560031994022242

Erin Runnion
The new National Sex Offender Website is up and I am proud that The Joyful Child Foundation in Memory of Samantha Runnion is a part of it, we are listed in the education/resources section. Check it out! and if you haven't liked our page yet- please do. Click on The Joyful link above. Thanks!

United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website
www.nsopw.gov

About NSOPW
The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) is an unprecedented public safety resource that provides the public with access to sex offender data nationwide. NSOPW is a partnership between the U.S. Department of Justice and state, territorial, and tribal governments, working together for the safety of adults and children.

First established in 2005 as the National Sex Offender Public Registry (NSOPR), NSOPW was renamed by the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 in honor of 22-year-old college student Dru Sjodin of Grand Forks, North Dakota, a young woman who was kidnapped and murdered by a sex offender who was registered in Minnesota.

NSOPW is the only U.S. government Website that links public state, territorial, and tribal sex offender registries from one national search site. Parents, employers, and other concerned residents can utilize the Website’s search tool to identify location information on sex offenders residing, working, and attending school not only in their own neighborhoods but in other nearby states and communities. In addition, the Website provides visitors with information about sexual abuse and how to protect themselves and loved ones from potential victimization.

NSOPW’s advanced search tool provides information about sex offenders through a number of search options:

Search by name nationally or with an individual Jurisdiction
Search by address (if provided by Jurisdiction)
Search by zip code
Search by county (if provided by Jurisdiction)
Search by city/town (if provided by Jurisdiction)

NSOPW presents the most up-to-date information as provided by each Jurisdiction.

Information is hosted by each Jurisdiction, not by NSOPW or the federal government. The search criteria available for searches are limited to what each individual Jurisdiction may provide. Search results should be verified by visiting the providing Jurisdiction’s Public Registry Website for further information and/or guidance. For answers to frequently asked questions about NSOPW, visit the FAQ page.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: December 09, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »

Did something change?  I cannot find my "Quit smoking" thread.

If it is gone I might start smoking again 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: December 09, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »

Did something change?  I cannot find my "Quit smoking" thread.

If it is gone I might start smoking again 

Here you go Blue Moon it's in the Monkey Lounge.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4539.260
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: December 10, 2012, 09:11:15 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PN-MjUC4f9k?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/PN-MjUC4f9k?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #607 on: December 11, 2012, 01:58:18 AM »

Oh San how adorable. Brings a smile and warms the heart for sure.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #608 on: December 11, 2012, 02:01:40 AM »

Here's a heart warming story. The mom has done a wonderful job raising her son.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boy-donates-birthday-presents-toy-drive-145747026.html

::snipping2::

Birthday parties are usually when kids rake in the loot. But Chase Branscum gave away all the gifts he received—all 500 of them. The generous-minded resident of Owasso, Okla., decided to turn his eighth-birthday celebration into a toy drive for Toys for Tots.

"I already have toys and other kids don't," Branscum told news station Fox23.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #609 on: December 11, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »

OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!! 

Looky what helps the common cough......... CHOKKY!!!!   

http://www.health-benefits-of-dark-chocolate.com/cough-remedy.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #610 on: December 11, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »

San...... LOVE that video!! I think that's a Shar pei furbaby and the kid is, well, every kid!!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: December 11, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »

OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: December 12, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/erin.runnion/posts/560031994022242

Erin Runnion
The new National Sex Offender Website is up and I am proud that The Joyful Child Foundation in Memory of Samantha Runnion is a part of it, we are listed in the education/resources section. Check it out! and if you haven't liked our page yet- please do. Click on The Joyful link above. Thanks!

United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website
www.nsopw.gov

About NSOPW
The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) is an unprecedented public safety resource that provides the public with access to sex offender data nationwide. NSOPW is a partnership between the U.S. Department of Justice and state, territorial, and tribal governments, working together for the safety of adults and children.

First established in 2005 as the National Sex Offender Public Registry (NSOPR), NSOPW was renamed by the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 in honor of 22-year-old college student Dru Sjodin of Grand Forks, North Dakota, a young woman who was kidnapped and murdered by a sex offender who was registered in Minnesota.

NSOPW is the only U.S. government Website that links public state, territorial, and tribal sex offender registries from one national search site. Parents, employers, and other concerned residents can utilize the Website’s search tool to identify location information on sex offenders residing, working, and attending school not only in their own neighborhoods but in other nearby states and communities. In addition, the Website provides visitors with information about sexual abuse and how to protect themselves and loved ones from potential victimization.

NSOPW’s advanced search tool provides information about sex offenders through a number of search options:

Search by name nationally or with an individual Jurisdiction
Search by address (if provided by Jurisdiction)
Search by zip code
Search by county (if provided by Jurisdiction)
Search by city/town (if provided by Jurisdiction)

NSOPW presents the most up-to-date information as provided by each Jurisdiction.

Information is hosted by each Jurisdiction, not by NSOPW or the federal government. The search criteria available for searches are limited to what each individual Jurisdiction may provide. Search results should be verified by visiting the providing Jurisdiction’s Public Registry Website for further information and/or guidance. For answers to frequently asked questions about NSOPW, visit the FAQ page.

I am glad this site is available, but what took so long?  We sure treat our children as second class citizens.  Hopefully, we will catch up to the rest of the other technical data bases that have existed for things not nearly as important.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: December 12, 2012, 10:53:16 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PN-MjUC4f9k?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/PN-MjUC4f9k?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: December 12, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »

Here's a heart warming story. The mom has done a wonderful job raising her son.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boy-donates-birthday-presents-toy-drive-145747026.html

Birthday parties are usually when kids rake in the loot. But Chase Branscum gave away all the gifts he received—all 500 of them. The generous-minded resident of Owasso, Okla., decided to turn his eighth-birthday celebration into a toy drive for Toys for Tots.

"I already have toys and other kids don't," Branscum told news station Fox23.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: December 12, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »

OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!! 

Of course it does.  The national chocolate federation must have done the study, but who cares?  It helps with PMS, AMS, DMS (Pre, After, and During) and all points in-between.  It even helps lessen the angst from in-laws during the holidays--so I am told.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: December 12, 2012, 11:02:25 PM »

OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!! 

Goodness, Muffy, that's some cough you got there.  Better eat the whole bar!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: December 15, 2012, 10:46:04 PM »

OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!! 

Goodness, Muffy, that's some cough you got there.  Better eat the whole bar!

Muffy?  Muffy?

Has anyone seen the Bee?  I wonder if there is any connection between this and the chocolate shortage in Texas.  Hmmm....

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: December 16, 2012, 12:13:47 AM »

Hiya, GE!!  Glad you like it! I was excited about it too, and I've changed it up a bit for Waylon, because he wants to see it over and over every day! LOL!

I made it for my Grandson, he didn't say much about it, but his parents loved it.  Earned me enough points to see the baby several times a week.  Thanks, CBB, I owe ya!

I am keeping this avi on, it reminds me of my Grandparents home.  They had a light outside of their house similar to the lamppost you put on the avi before this one.  That and the red color here reminds me of them and I really need them this year. 

My Grandfather worked for Strawbridge's in town, in their art department as their designer, and did all their displays.  Come to think of it, maybe he was the whole department, I never saw anyone else there.  Each year, there was a group that was hired by Strawbridge's to go around and judge the houses of their employees, that were decorated for the holidays, and each year, he won a well-deserved first place.  He really went all out.  He and my uncle climbed all over the house and the roof tops decorating each surface with a different scene that was intricate and homemade.  Decorating doesn't seem the same without him. 

I remember going up to his floor at work when I met him for lunch, his department was the entire floor with a black elevator that had a gate that came across the front of the car.  It seemed like magic, people would suddenly appear through that gate during the day.  Bob Hope and Bing Crosby came to that store.  That was a different time, an age of glamor where you got dressed up then went in town and spent the day just buying a pair of gloves or stockings.  The salesperson gave you individual help and would carefully take out each item from it's box and show it to you one by one, taking their time, giving each customer his/her full attention. 

I remember my Grandfather bringing home a box of chocolates for my Grandmother.  Once a day, she would get out the chocolates and share them with me when I visited.  We never thought to eat more than one, we savored each bite.  There was other candy she kept on her coffee table for the kids, hard candy, M&Ms or Hershey's kisses.  My Grandfather would surprise her with perfume from town, too.  He was a wonderful gentleman and did everything so carefully, everything was so thoughtful, you always felt like his time with you was precious.  We savored every moment together as though life was a box of fine chocolates, meant to enjoy, each minute to be unwrapped carefully. 

Sorry to ramble, CBB, but I wanted you to know why, even though the other artwork you made for me is beautiful, this one still remains my avi.  It pulls on my heartstrings,  It's as though you looked into the special events in my life and put them into this picture.  Thank you for that, especially this year, when I lost my brother, we stayed together many times at my Grandparents' house and loved every minute.

I believe in miracles!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #619 on: December 16, 2012, 12:45:12 AM »

http://reindeercam.com/

Live camera of Santa's Reindeer carrel.  You can see Santa come feed his reindeer 3 times a day.  You can also send in your child's name to appear on Santa's Nice List that can be seen on a sign on the barn.  We've even watched Santa play with his dog.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.