March 19, 2024, 01:11:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448298 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #640 on: December 25, 2012, 11:16:06 PM »

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.  My family did and now we're worn out and ready for some zzzzzzzzz.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: December 27, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »

THE KENNEDY CENTER HONORS WERE ON LAST NIGHT.  LED ZEPPELIN WAS ONE OF THE HONOREES.  HEART CAME OUT AND DID STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN.  WHAT A PERFORMANCE.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JK_DOJa99oo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/JK_DOJa99oo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #642 on: December 28, 2012, 01:21:11 AM »

Wow, that was awesome!   

Thanks San!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
crazybabyborg
« Reply #643 on: December 28, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »

Oh, WOW!! San...... that was AMAZING!!!  THANK YOU for posting it! I missed it and that's not something I would have missed for anything!

OK, that's it........... where's the road to take me back to the 70's because I'm packing!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:56:15 PM by CBB » Logged
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: December 28, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »

Oh, WOW!! San...... that was AMAZING!!!  THANK YOU for posting it! I missed it and that's not something I would have missed for anything!

OK, that's it........... where's the road to take me back to the 70's because I'm packing!

What was really touching to me is when Robert Plant had tears in his eyes.  You could see how touched he was.

I don't know who that guitar player was but I thought he was really good. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: December 29, 2012, 10:13:11 AM »

What was really touching to me is when Robert Plant had tears in his eyes.  You could see how touched he was.

I haven't figured out who the guitarist is that performed the beautiful solo in "Stairway to Heaven" yet, but the drummer was Jason Bonham.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=242_1356738164&comments=1
HEART - STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN in HD - The Kennedy Center Honors LED ZEPPELIN, 2012.
 ::snipping2::
On Dec. 26 the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors was aired on national television for the first time on CBS. During the event, which took place at the Kennedy Center Opera House, Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson of Heart performed Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" with Jason Bonham on drums.

The performance of "Stairway to Heaven" began with Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart performing the song with a backing band, which included Jason Bonham on drums. He is the son of Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, who passed away in 1980. As the song progressed, back-up singers, a string section, and the Joyce Garrett Youth Choir came on stage to help perform "Stairway to Heaven".

The choir members and Jason Bonham were wearing bowler hats, which was a tribute to the band's late drummer John Bonham. Throughout the performance lead vocalist Robert Plant was noticeably moved, and towards the end of the song he had tears in his eyes.

Jason Bonham loved the fact that Led Zeppelin didn't know he'd be drumming on Stairway To Heaven at their Kennedy Center tribute night, hosted by US President Barack Obama. Bonham performed with Heart and an all-star band -- and the first Plant, Page and Jones knew of it was when they saw him walk on stage.
He said: "It was so incredible to see their faces, sat there next to the president. The guys knew who was playing -- but they didn't know I would be on drums. Their faces lit up, and the smiles and tears... It was fantastic. What a way to close the show!"

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SarahD
Scared Monkey

Never give up!

« Reply #646 on: December 29, 2012, 03:43:49 PM »

Merry Christmas every one. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of Joy and Love.  Thank you to Red for providing us with place to come and share our Joys and sorrows. To all the mods for their hard work keeping things running and To Klaas for always being here to make sure we stay in line. 

Greeneyes, I love that picture.  It's awesome.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Have a Sunshine Day!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: December 29, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »

Here is another great performance from the Kennedy Center Honors.  It's Beth Hart and Jeff Beck's tribute to Buddy Guy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xq4Kqhk4TYQ?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xq4Kqhk4TYQ?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: December 29, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »

I haven't figured out who the guitarist is that performed the beautiful solo in "Stairway to Heaven" yet, but the drummer was Jason Bonham.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=242_1356738164&comments=1
HEART - STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN in HD - The Kennedy Center Honors LED ZEPPELIN, 2012.
On Dec. 26 the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors was aired on national television for the first time on CBS. During the event, which took place at the Kennedy Center Opera House, Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson of Heart performed Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" with Jason Bonham on drums.

The performance of "Stairway to Heaven" began with Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart performing the song with a backing band, which included Jason Bonham on drums. He is the son of Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, who passed away in 1980. As the song progressed, back-up singers, a string section, and the Joyce Garrett Youth Choir came on stage to help perform "Stairway to Heaven".

The choir members and Jason Bonham were wearing bowler hats, which was a tribute to the band's late drummer John Bonham. Throughout the performance lead vocalist Robert Plant was noticeably moved, and towards the end of the song he had tears in his eyes.

Jason Bonham loved the fact that Led Zeppelin didn't know he'd be drumming on Stairway To Heaven at their Kennedy Center tribute night, hosted by US President Barack Obama. Bonham performed with Heart and an all-star band -- and the first Plant, Page and Jones knew of it was when they saw him walk on stage.
He said: "It was so incredible to see their faces, sat there next to the president. The guys knew who was playing -- but they didn't know I would be on drums. Their faces lit up, and the smiles and tears... It was fantastic. What a way to close the show!"

I think the guitar player was Shane Fontayne.

http://www.shanefontayne.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Fontayne

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: December 31, 2012, 04:04:51 AM »

If you watch the Rose Parade on Tuesday keep an eye out for The Ramona entry.  Jerry, Coleen & Lori Brown are relatives of mine.  They always have beautiful costumes and their horses are exquisite.  They have been in the parade many times in the past and always are a treat to watch. 

http://blog.pe.com/san-jacinto/2012/12/28/san-jacinto-watch-parade-for-ramona-pageant-entry/

SAN JACINTO: Watch parade for Ramona Pageant entry
Posted on | December 28, 2012 | 0Comments

The Pasadena Tournament of Roses experience for some Ramona Pageant equestrians begins Saturday, Dec. 29, at the preview Equestfest at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center in Burbank.

Lori Brown Smith, on left, and her parents, Jerry Brown and Colleen Brown, representing the Ramona Pageant Spanish Riders, will lead the pageant’s entry in the Tournament of Roses parade in Pasadena on Tuesday, Jan. 1. CONTRIBUTED IMAGE

One of the more fascinating tidbits I learned from Van Arsdale is that the equestrian unit has to spend the night on the shut-down Interstate 210 freeway

it looks like the group will need headlamps to see what they’re doing in the middle of the night, friends willing to loan their motor homes for the trip and layers of warm clothes. It looks like it will be in the 40s overnight.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: December 31, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »

Very cool Babs- I'll watch for them!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #651 on: December 31, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »

If you watch the Rose Parade on Tuesday keep an eye out for The Ramona entry.  Jerry, Coleen & Lori Brown are relatives of mine.  They always have beautiful costumes and their horses are exquisite.  They have been in the parade many times in the past and always are a treat to watch. 

http://blog.pe.com/san-jacinto/2012/12/28/san-jacinto-watch-parade-for-ramona-pageant-entry/

SAN JACINTO: Watch parade for Ramona Pageant entry
Posted on | December 28, 2012 | 0Comments

The Pasadena Tournament of Roses experience for some Ramona Pageant equestrians begins Saturday, Dec. 29, at the preview Equestfest at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center in Burbank.

Lori Brown Smith, on left, and her parents, Jerry Brown and Colleen Brown, representing the Ramona Pageant Spanish Riders, will lead the pageant’s entry in the Tournament of Roses parade in Pasadena on Tuesday, Jan. 1. CONTRIBUTED IMAGE

One of the more fascinating tidbits I learned from Van Arsdale is that the equestrian unit has to spend the night on the shut-down Interstate 210 freeway

it looks like the group will need headlamps to see what they’re doing in the middle of the night, friends willing to loan their motor homes for the trip and layers of warm clothes. It looks like it will be in the 40s overnight.

How exciting, Babs!! I'll look forward to seeing them!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #652 on: December 31, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #653 on: December 31, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!   

You too CBB 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: December 31, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!   

Cute picture CBB

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL MY MONKEY FRIENDS   

I did my New Years resolution early----7 weeks smoke-free.  I still cannot believe I did it.

Hope the New Year brings Peace and Joy to all.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: December 31, 2012, 09:02:50 PM »

Wishing you and your family a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year...2012!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: December 31, 2012, 09:06:22 PM »

OOOPS ... A Happy New Year...2013!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: December 31, 2012, 10:44:56 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! We still have 4 1/2 hours to go here til midnight 
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: December 31, 2012, 11:36:59 PM »

Happy New Year...I spend much of my year here with you all and I have enjoyed it. Not the sad stories, though. Just the fact that I get to interact with so many loving and caring people that are trying to change the world for the better.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
crazybabyborg
« Reply #659 on: January 01, 2013, 02:27:05 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!   

Cute picture CBB

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL MY MONKEY FRIENDS   

I did my New Years resolution early----7 weeks smoke-free.  I still cannot believe I did it.

Hope the New Year brings Peace and Joy to all.

Congratulations, Blue Moon!!!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.