March 18, 2024, 10:27:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448275 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #720 on: January 14, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »

Thank you Green Eyes and Cadillac. I guess that is what triggered my concern. That my doctor had ordered without contrast but they decided to use it anyway. I will just tell myself it was to clear the air out of my head Smile I hope to get results in a couple days. Thanks again for taking time to respond.

Your Welcome Roxi. Miss Caddy is right about them only doing both with doctors orders. Take a deep breath and relax. They were just making sure they got the best possible picture so your doctor can rule things out.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: January 15, 2013, 07:17:19 PM »

Our weather is just plain crazy for this time of year.  We have broken an all time high temps (70 degrees) two days in a roll.  We just broke a record for the most rainfall in a 24 hour period (4 inches rain and flooding).  Now we are under a Winter Storm Warning with ice and sleet up to 1/4 - 1/2".  I can take snow o.k. but ice and sleet is another story.  Oh well, I have my new energy efficient wood burning stove that heats the entire house and I can also cook on top of it.  No doubt it will come in handy if the power goes out.  Last ice storm we were without power for a full week.  I just hope it doesn't break my trees especially the bradford pear in the front yard because it will land on our new roof!     

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: January 15, 2013, 10:14:35 PM »

There is a little known illness called Transverse Myelitis, an inflammation of the spinal cord. It can strike without any warning or it can be caused by 20 different things, including Flu shots, cat bites, MS. It has stricken all ages, children to adults, men women.

It happened to my dau March 26th 2011, she got up, made her bed was watching the news on TV, got a pain in her neck, the pain spread across her shoulder (she said it felt like a snake wrapped in the muscles) down her arms, then on down to her toes, within 1/2 hr she was paralyzed from neck down, the inflammation hit between C4 & C7.

She had the only treatments available, IV Steriods for 5 days, Iv IgG (iirc) for 3 days, then was transferred to Balto for Rehab. After 6 weeks she came home. Later this month they plan to put in a Baclofen pump.

For most, Drs never find out what caused it, as in Sherie's case, they tested her for everything and No known cause was the result. It just happened.

Many medical staff in Er's have never heard of it, as in Sherie's case, they had no idea what was wrong with her, thankfully we have a Neuro who saw her after 8 hrs, suspected TM, got on the internet, researched and  started the Steriod treatment. He remained in contact with John's Hopkins for her treatment until she was transferred

I am trying to spread awareness for this terrible condition, it is awful.

Al Unser's grandaughter Cody was stricken with it early in life. Cody has a foundation: http://www.cufsf.org/Codys_Story.aspx

FB has many photos of Victims of TM several albums.

https://www.facebook.com/TransverseMyelitis

https://www.facebook.com/TransverseMyelitis/photos_stream

For some, they regain use and for some they don't.

John's Hopkins: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/specialty_areas/transverse_myelitis/about-tm/

Thank you,

OS

I am so sorry OS.  My Mom was taken off Baclofen because a doctor told her it affected memory.  I will try to check to see if I can find this.

Sherie has been on Baclofen and Lyricia since onset. Dr's are hoping with pump it will help with the spasticity, and they will be able to reduce dosage of both. She is at max dose. I have read about good results with the pump in GA. Her legs get like steel, they did a test run few months ago and it really made her legs moveable. She goes to surgeon tomorrow, should be within a week or so. Hopefully she will be able to get into PT and OT after it's in.

OS

Please tell her I wish her well and am sending up prayers for her.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:36 PM »

Eight weeks smoke free.   

This is weird weather today----70 degrees, broke an all-time record today.  It was beautiful outside.  I had to go to the courthouse today.  I parked on the square and walked all the way to the courthouse. It was just so beautiful out I couldn't resist it.  Had to go to the 3rd floor of the courthouse so I walked up 3 flights of stairs.  I haven't been able to do that in some time without getting out of breath.   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:07 PM »

Our weather is just plain crazy for this time of year.  We have broken an all time high temps (70 degrees) two days in a roll.  We just broke a record for the most rainfall in a 24 hour period (4 inches rain and flooding).  Now we are under a Winter Storm Warning with ice and sleet up to 1/4 - 1/2".  I can take snow o.k. but ice and sleet is another story.  Oh well, I have my new energy efficient wood burning stove that heats the entire house and I can also cook on top of it.  No doubt it will come in handy if the power goes out.  Last ice storm we were without power for a full week.  I just hope it doesn't break my trees especially the bradford pear in the front yard because it will land on our new roof!     

I hope the storm goes away and leaves without any damage.

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #725 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:37 AM »

Our weather is just plain crazy for this time of year.  We have broken an all time high temps (70 degrees) two days in a roll.  We just broke a record for the most rainfall in a 24 hour period (4 inches rain and flooding).  Now we are under a Winter Storm Warning with ice and sleet up to 1/4 - 1/2".  I can take snow o.k. but ice and sleet is another story.  Oh well, I have my new energy efficient wood burning stove that heats the entire house and I can also cook on top of it.  No doubt it will come in handy if the power goes out.  Last ice storm we were without power for a full week.  I just hope it doesn't break my trees especially the bradford pear in the front yard because it will land on our new roof!    

I would imagine that Blue Moon is prepping for snow right now! I know I am! Michael's in Oak Ridge having shoulder surgery and his wife will be driving him back this afternoon, so I'm on pins and needles about that. Waylon's teacher just called to say daycare will be letting out early, so I'll need to pick him up early, and the sump pump under Mom's house has stopped working so I'm trying to find a plumber who is willing to get under there before the wood floors warp. John's in Duffield trying to see the entire day's patients this morning before the snow comes this afternoon and I just want all my chickens to come home to roost so I know everybody's safe and sound.

WHY did I get up this morning?  

The flooding between Duffield and Kingsport is really bad. Clinch River is expected to crest 6 feet above flood stage. I worry about Clinchport every time it rains like this. You guys from the "Big Cities" would get a kick over the little towns around the clinic. In 2010, the population of Clinchport was 70, and in 1977 a flood literally swallowed it all. The clinic swells with people when there's weather like this. They need someplace to go, and we just put on more coffee and break out the checker boards!  

Clinchport, Virginia:

http://www.explorescottcountyva.org/summary.php?category=clinchport

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinchport,_Virginia
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:40:10 AM by CBB » Logged
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: January 17, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »

CBB, we were spared this time.  Our temps stayed at the border line of 32* and we had very little ice.  The flooding was just awful.  I drove over to the creek just a couple miles from us and it had filled the creek bottoms and was almost over the twin bridges.

I am just reading about the mud slide on the road (441?) going over the mountain into Cherakee, NC.  The pictures are awesome.
link:  http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/jan/17/newfound-gap-road-swept-away-more-rain-on-the/

Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are getting flooding really bad also.

I see where your area is getting it too.  I have been through Duffield and Clinchport several times.  The creeks/rivers hug those little roads.  I can see where it would flood really easy.

We have sunshine today. 

Keep your eyes out for flooding and hopefully the snow fall will not be too bad for your area.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #727 on: January 17, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »

Blue Moon glad you didn't get any of the nasty weather. The flooding looks awful.

CBB  Hope everyone made it home safe & sound. That you don't get hit to bad with the flooding and snow.

Prayers for you all.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #728 on: January 17, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »

Hi Blue Moon and GE!   

I don't think I have EVER seen it snow and ice any harder than it has in the last few hours. It has pretty much stopped now but in short order, we have 5 inches on the ground and the way it came made conditions just awful! There was a 50 car pile up on Kingsport's by-pass. The lady who works the lab at the clinic left early, around 1:00, and had a wreck. Her back is hurt, but I think she'll be OK. 2 other staff will probably spend the night at the clinic, because they both have to go over a mountain to get home and the road has been closed. I stopped by the grocery on the way to get Waylon and when I went in, it was raining. I was in there maybe 15 minutes, and couldn't believe it when I left! The parking lot was icy and the rain had changed to tiny ice pellets. That finally gave way to snow, but I think Waylon was the only one that had the right attitude......... he was loving it!   

Michael's home...... finally! The shoulder injury turned out to be really bad and a 2 hour drive turned into a 5 hour ordeal, but he's home safely and that's all that counts.

John's home safely too, even though he fell on the driveway getting out of the car. He's OK. Shew! All my chickies are home!  This Mama Hen is just going to get comfy and be grateful! 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: January 17, 2013, 08:45:14 PM »

Good!  I am so glad everyone is safely in their homes.   

50 car pileup?  That sounds like us around our area.  Let it snow, sleet, even rain and the "crazies" all come out.  They act like they have never driven in it before!

I hate that the Newfound Gap road will be closed for quite a while because of the land slide.  They said a park ranger had just driven over the area when he looked back and the road disappeared behind him.  He was very lucky.  They had a rock slide on the Alcoa highway.  I wonder how I-75 over the Cumberland mountain (at Jellico) is?  It is always a problem spot.

Be safe, stay in, maybe tomorrow will be better.  I think it is suppose to warm up for the next few days then a bitter cold front is coming in the 1st of next week-no snow just bitter cold.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: January 17, 2013, 08:49:20 PM »

CBB, another thing, I bet Waylon really did love the snow and ice.  Little boys always like being out in bad weather.  They want to "slide around" in the parking lots.  My son used to tell his daddy to go fast in a parking lot and then put on the brakes really hard to see how far we would slide.  I hated it but he loved it! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: January 17, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »

Glad everyone is safe!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: January 18, 2013, 09:04:59 AM »

CBB, we were spared this time.  Our temps stayed at the border line of 32* and we had very little ice.  The flooding was just awful.  I drove over to the creek just a couple miles from us and it had filled the creek bottoms and was almost over the twin bridges.

I am just reading about the mud slide on the road (441?) going over the mountain into Cherakee, NC.  The pictures are awesome.
link:  http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/jan/17/newfound-gap-road-swept-away-more-rain-on-the/

I see where your area is getting it too.  I have been through Duffield and Clinchport several times.  The creeks/rivers hug those little roads.  I can see where it would flood really easy.

We have sunshine today. 

Keep your eyes out for flooding and hopefully the snow fall will not be too bad for your area.

Sounds just awful!  Stay safe!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: January 18, 2013, 09:06:36 AM »

Our weather is just plain crazy for this time of year.  We have broken an all time high temps (70 degrees) two days in a roll.  We just broke a record for the most rainfall in a 24 hour period (4 inches rain and flooding).  Now we are under a Winter Storm Warning with ice and sleet up to 1/4 - 1/2".  I can take snow o.k. but ice and sleet is another story.  Oh well, I have my new energy efficient wood burning stove that heats the entire house and I can also cook on top of it.  No doubt it will come in handy if the power goes out.  Last ice storm we were without power for a full week.  I just hope it doesn't break my trees especially the bradford pear in the front yard because it will land on our new roof!    

I would imagine that Blue Moon is prepping for snow right now! I know I am! Michael's in Oak Ridge having shoulder surgery and his wife will be driving him back this afternoon, so I'm on pins and needles about that. Waylon's teacher just called to say daycare will be letting out early, so I'll need to pick him up early, and the sump pump under Mom's house has stopped working so I'm trying to find a plumber who is willing to get under there before the wood floors warp. John's in Duffield trying to see the entire day's patients this morning before the snow comes this afternoon and I just want all my chickens to come home to roost so I know everybody's safe and sound.

WHY did I get up this morning?  

The flooding between Duffield and Kingsport is really bad. Clinch River is expected to crest 6 feet above flood stage. I worry about Clinchport every time it rains like this. You guys from the "Big Cities" would get a kick over the little towns around the clinic. In 2010, the population of Clinchport was 70, and in 1977 a flood literally swallowed it all. The clinic swells with people when there's weather like this. They need someplace to go, and we just put on more coffee and break out the checker boards!  

Clinchport, Virginia:

http://www.explorescottcountyva.org/summary.php?category=clinchport

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinchport,_Virginia

The first link doesn't work for me.  The second sounds just lovely!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: January 18, 2013, 09:12:43 AM »

Hi Blue Moon and GE!   

I don't think I have EVER seen it snow and ice any harder than it has in the last few hours. It has pretty much stopped now but in short order, we have 5 inches on the ground and the way it came made conditions just awful! There was a 50 car pile up on Kingsport's by-pass. The lady who works the lab at the clinic left early, around 1:00, and had a wreck. Her back is hurt, but I think she'll be OK. 2 other staff will probably spend the night at the clinic, because they both have to go over a mountain to get home and the road has been closed. I stopped by the grocery on the way to get Waylon and when I went in, it was raining. I was in there maybe 15 minutes, and couldn't believe it when I left! The parking lot was icy and the rain had changed to tiny ice pellets. That finally gave way to snow, but I think Waylon was the only one that had the right attitude......... he was loving it!   

Michael's home...... finally! The shoulder injury turned out to be really bad and a 2 hour drive turned into a 5 hour ordeal, but he's home safely and that's all that counts.

John's home safely too, even though he fell on the driveway getting out of the car. He's OK. Shew! All my chickies are home!  This Mama Hen is just going to get comfy and be grateful! 

Ouch and Ouch!  How did Michael hurt his shoulder?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: January 18, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »

CBB, another thing, I bet Waylon really did love the snow and ice.  Little boys always like being out in bad weather.  They want to "slide around" in the parking lots.  My son used to tell his daddy to go fast in a parking lot and then put on the brakes really hard to see how far we would slide.  I hated it but he loved it! 

Oh, my 'little boy' is 19 now.  I remember those days.  Now that I am a Grammy, I get to do it all over again!  My Grandson is not the son of my 19 year old, before everyone thinks Cubby is a Daddy.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #736 on: January 19, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »

Hi Blue Moon and GE!   

CBB so glad all made it home safe.  I am sure Waylon was enjoying the snow and ice.  Prayers son is doing well after his shoulder surgery.  Hope everyone's home with family taking it easy today.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #737 on: January 19, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »

We have sunshine today. 

Blue Moon hope you are safe and they get the roads open soon.  Crazy weather for sure. After days of cold we are up to the mid 60's feels wonderful.  Congrats are staying smoke free. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #738 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55:25 PM »

Kingsport's high school (Dobyns-Bennett) band did a great job today in the inaugural parade! 

CNN'c coverage:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/le75p5LcguM?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/le75p5LcguM?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: January 22, 2013, 12:02:31 AM »

Very cool CBB!  Do you know some of them?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.