March 19, 2024, 04:43:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448342 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: April 02, 2013, 01:07:36 AM »

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday..!

House sold today....both couples made offers, but I worked with the older, more mature ones who came in....looked at the house and went to the real estate office and wrote a contract. 

The younger couple made an offer that was $40,000 lower....and their agent is so sad because "they really wanted the house".

Ah well....things move on. 

Blue Moon I have loved living here, and I will miss the beauty of the area....and the people....       

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: April 02, 2013, 12:27:16 PM »

House sold today....both couples made offers, but I worked with the older, more mature ones who came in....looked at the house and went to the real estate office and wrote a contract. 

The younger couple made an offer that was $40,000 lower....and their agent is so sad because "they really wanted the house".

Blue Moon I have loved living here, and I will miss the beauty of the area....and the people....       

Congrats MeMere! Things have a way of working out.......... an angelic monkey

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: April 02, 2013, 06:57:39 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9PM ET!

Click at the link below right before showtime:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: April 02, 2013, 06:58:16 PM »

Congratulations on the sale Mere!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #944 on: April 02, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »

Congratulations!  So happy for you Mere!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: April 03, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »

Thank you all so much for your support.

Packing boxes again today.  Will move boxes and small odds and ends first.....and then actual furniture
after the sale. 

There is so much to do....lol.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: April 03, 2013, 09:36:19 PM »

Mere, I'm happy to hear you went into contract with the older couple.  I figured they would be the ones who would buy your home.

Now the fun part starts, clearing out the stuff you don't want and packing the stuff you do want.  Good luck with that and don't overdue it.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: April 04, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »

Mere, I am so glad you got a good offer and accepted it on your house.  Sounds like the young couple need to grow up.  Offering $40,000 less is wanting something for nothing.

You have a lot of work to be done before your move.  When do you expect to be moving?

I wish you all the luck and happiness in your new home.

Be sure to come back this way for visits.  Kentucky is a great state with lots of good people (We are not all hillbillies, LOL).

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: April 05, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »

Good Morning.....I am taking a break from packing boxes....lol.  Am renting a Penske truck to move boxes and odds and ends.  I used their truck wizard...you answer questions and the wizard tells you which truck size you need....really cool.  Medium size this weekend and large after the closing.

I have heard so many horror stories about sales that didnt close....so I asked to occupy the house for
10-20 days after the sale.  I hated the thought of moving the furniture before the closing date and then having it fall through for some reason.

Blue Moon....Kentucky has been a wonderful experience.  There is nothing so beautiful as watching the sunrise or sunset off the porch or the deck....and one phone call to a friend and the young people are
going to help load the truck.  My neighbors are always checking on me, and the real estate agent will
be here when the inspector is checking out the house.  She will also come water plants. 

If anyone has moved themselves lately and has suggestions, I would love to hear....thanks folks

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: April 05, 2013, 07:51:04 AM »

oops....forgot to give you the link to the truck wizard....

http://www.pensketruckrental.com/truck-wizard.html

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: April 07, 2013, 11:56:21 AM »

Mere, you are not going to get away from here without going through the yearly severe storms.  Lookout on Thursday, they are calling for severe storms our way.  I dread that so bad.  I really hate this time of the year because of these storms.  Are you trading tornadoes for hurricanes? 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: April 10, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »

Hey, Mere, I am so glad you are about to get your house sold (have I told you lately you are sure going to miss Kentucky).  I am really glad you are getting to go back home though.

We kinda did Easter today.  They held a benefit for my g.g. niece today. It was a big event.  They had bouncy houses for the kids, Big Red (mascot of our university), the Easter Bunny, Minimouse, a princess, had 2-3 bands, easter egg hunt, a good auction, a Karate club put on a show for Landrey, and lots of great food.  It was a good day.  My little niece had a good day today but I cry every time I look at her sweet face.

We will probably eat Easter dinner with my husbands family tomorrow.  She always does a great ham with all the trimmings.

GOD is good!

You are not the only one who has tears in their eyes when they look at that sweet face.  I am happy they had a benefit for her.  Medical bills and therapy bills take a toll.  I am happy she had a good day, every day should be a good one for one so very sweet.

Praying for a miracle.  Wish I lived closer.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: April 10, 2013, 09:42:43 PM »

Thanks for the wishes everyone.  San I love this basket of Springtime.

I spent Easter with my Parents having brunch, my son stayed at my Mom's apartment after brunch with them, and I went on to my Brother and Sister-in-law's home and saw all their kids.  One is home from Germany, she stayed there for 6 months with her husband, the company he works with encourages their employees to work there for 6 months out of their career with them.  They wanted to go before they had children.  She just started a new job upon returning home with a well-advertised law firm, guess I will have to wait a little more to have a Great Niece or Nephew.  Oh well, I am very satisfied (read overjoyed) with my Grandson who lives 6 minutes from me (that is too far!).  Love being with him, he brightens my life.

(pretend that is a baby carriage)

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »

Wishing everyone a Happy and Blessed Easter!

Grace-land, I so enjoy reading all about our Pope in one area.  You really have kept us enlightened.  Thanks for all of your hard work.

an angelic monkey   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: April 10, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »

Glad to hear the house sold.  Sorry for the feelings that will make you sad, you will take everyone with you in your heart and I hope the memories sustain you while you are away.  Hope you get to visit.  True friends never leave us, they are just a phone call, Skype, or email away.

Hope you are home and have things in order quickly.  Good luck in your new home!

I believe in miracles!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: April 11, 2013, 10:29:12 PM »

Grace-land, I so enjoy reading all about our Pope in one area.  You really have kept us enlightened.  Thanks for all of your hard work.

an angelic monkey   

You're welcome, Bearly.    There are many, many articles about Pope Francis.  Hopefully, the posted articles help everyone in getting to know him.

By the way, I came across something, and it reminded me of you.  Smile  It is manufactured by a well-known German company, Herman-Spielwaren.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/455252/20130409/pope-teddy-pictures.htm
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: April 11, 2013, 11:05:09 PM »

Hey, Mere, I am so glad you are about to get your house sold (have I told you lately you are sure going to miss Kentucky).  I am really glad you are getting to go back home though.

We kinda did Easter today.  They held a benefit for my g.g. niece today. It was a big event.  They had bouncy houses for the kids, Big Red (mascot of our university), the Easter Bunny, Minimouse, a princess, had 2-3 bands, easter egg hunt, a good auction, a Karate club put on a show for Landrey, and lots of great food.  It was a good day.  My little niece had a good day today but I cry every time I look at her sweet face.

We will probably eat Easter dinner with my husbands family tomorrow.  She always does a great ham with all the trimmings.

GOD is good!

You are not the only one who has tears in their eyes when they look at that sweet face.  I am happy they had a benefit for her.  Medical bills and therapy bills take a toll.  I am happy she had a good day, every day should be a good one for one so very sweet.

Praying for a miracle.  Wish I lived closer.

Oh Bearly, you are so sweet.  I really appreciate the kind words.

Landrey had a bad time this past week.  They had to take her back to Vanderbilt to see her doctors.  Her team of doctors are learning as they go along so they are trying to find medication that will ease the symptoms she is having which is the nerve endings in her body are hurting her and flaring up.  They have sent her back to her eye doctor to see if her vision is deteriorating faster than they thought.  She constantly has to have hold of someone's hand or arm.  They are afraid she is losing her eyesight faster than thought and that is the reason she has the need to always have a hold of your arm or hand-she is afraid if she doesn't have a hand to hold that she is lost and panics.   I noticed her doing that at the fundraiser and I asked my sister about it and she said that was something that seemed to have gotten worse in the past 2-3 weeks.  It is breaking my heart to watch her go through this knowing there it nothing you can do for her.

Thanks again Bearly.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: April 12, 2013, 12:51:41 AM »

Missed a few days on Musings as I got nasty food poisoning on the trip down.  Sort of a horror story, so I will pass of the details.

Blue Moon.....the bad weather stretched from KY to the Gulf, and I was settled in the kitchen unpacking boxes.  Have little stamina but am enjoying seeing things I packed a couple of months ago.

Hugs to all of you....Mere

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: April 12, 2013, 01:05:25 AM »

Missed a few days on Musings as I got nasty food poisoning on the trip down.  Sort of a horror story, so I will pass of the details.

Blue Moon.....the bad weather stretched from KY to the Gulf, and I was settled in the kitchen unpacking boxes.  Have little stamina but am enjoying seeing things I packed a couple of months ago.

Hugs to all of you....Mere

Hugs to you too--Hope you are feeling better from the food poisoning.  That can really take the wind out of your sails for sure!

Take care.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #959 on: April 12, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »

an angelic monkey   

You're welcome, Bearly.    There are many, many articles about Pope Francis.  Hopefully, the posted articles help everyone in getting to know him.

By the way, I came across something, and it reminded me of you.  Smile  It is manufactured by a well-known German company, Herman-Spielwaren.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/455252/20130409/pope-teddy-pictures.htm

How cute the Bear is Graceland. Thank you for all your articles on Pope Francis.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.