March 28, 2024, 11:03:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448656 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 11:05:15 PM »

There are different ban triggers you can use when banning someone from the forum.  You can ban on user name, email address ISP, IP or all of them.  When I want to make absolutely certain someone can't sneak back in (or as certain as I can) I ban them on all including any IP addresses they may have used or tried to use.  

IP's are often shared so this can cause occasional problems.  For instance, if two people live in the same vicinity they might occasionally share the same IP.  AOL users often share IP's.  

That said, there is only one banned member of SM with a comment like that and that person is DOLCE    .  I know that Labubske isn't DOLCE so I assume at that one moment, when Labubske signed on from her phone, it was a same IP as Dolce once used.  I have now removed some of Dolce's IP triggers and Labubske shouldn't see that message again.  

Those that remember DOLCE will likely agree that the ban comment (for if she tried to log in) was probably too nice  

Thanks for letting me know what was going on...I never really thought to ask about it...I just thought that it was my phone that was the culprit.  Ha.  I am definitely not DOLCE and must have missed her time here.  Ha...now I'm curious of course.  Thanks again...I am happy to know that I can sign on with my phone...gotta have my SMs on the go Smile

Dolce lived in Florida and she was very friendly.  She informed us that she was pregnant and then told us pregnant with twins.  For nine months she lied about being pregnant with twins including posting photos of her babies.  She was a fraud.  She lied to us for 9 months for no real reason.  We don't like being taken 

She joined right around the time of the Caylee Anthony case and claimed to live near where Adji Desir went missing in Florida.  She was full of lies and only wanted attention.

She sounds like she has Borderline Personality D/O.  Very weird to lie about that and actually post pics.  Well, we live about three hours apart...I wonder why her IP address is close?  Thanks for sharing with me...I was real curious.  I'm so nosey!  Ha!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2012, 12:02:43 AM »

I think you may have both logged in at times with cell phones.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »

Yes, okay...I only got that message on my phone.  I don't know what I was thinking...of course, that makes sense.  Smile

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2012, 10:00:25 AM »

There are different ban triggers you can use when banning someone from the forum.  You can ban on user name, email address ISP, IP or all of them.  When I want to make absolutely certain someone can't sneak back in (or as certain as I can) I ban them on all including any IP addresses they may have used or tried to use.  

IP's are often shared so this can cause occasional problems.  For instance, if two people live in the same vicinity they might occasionally share the same IP.  AOL users often share IP's.  

That said, there is only one banned member of SM with a comment like that and that person is DOLCE    .  I know that Labubske isn't DOLCE so I assume at that one moment, when Labubske signed on from her phone, it was a same IP as Dolce once used.  I have now removed some of Dolce's IP triggers and Labubske shouldn't see that message again.  

Those that remember DOLCE will likely agree that the ban comment (for if she tried to log in) was probably too nice  

Thanks for letting me know what was going on...I never really thought to ask about it...I just thought that it was my phone that was the culprit.  Ha.  I am definitely not DOLCE and must have missed her time here.  Ha...now I'm curious of course.  Thanks again...I am happy to know that I can sign on with my phone...gotta have my SMs on the go Smile

Dolce lived in Florida and she was very friendly.  She informed us that she was pregnant and then told us pregnant with twins.  For nine months she lied about being pregnant with twins including posting photos of her babies.  She was a fraud.  She lied to us for 9 months for no real reason.  We don't like being taken 

She joined right around the time of the Caylee Anthony case and claimed to live near where Adji Desir went missing in Florida.  She was full of lies and only wanted attention.

She sounds like she has Borderline Personality D/O.  Very weird to lie about that and actually post pics.  Well, we live about three hours apart...I wonder why her IP address is close?  Thanks for sharing with me...I was real curious.  I'm so nosey!  Ha!
I remember and it still appalls me.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2012, 11:28:54 AM »

Anyone know why Val shut down the Hinky Meter ? It just went "poof".

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2012, 12:13:28 PM »

NO, I've asked Blink to see if she can find out from Val.  If I had to guess I'd say someone has shut it down, not a voluntary move.  I say that because of how it went down not from any inside knowledge.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »

NO, I've asked Blink to see if she can find out from Val.  If I had to guess I'd say someone has shut it down, not a voluntary move.  I say that because of how it went down not from any inside knowledge.

Scroll thru the comments.  ValHal posts her reasons why:

http://niecey456.com/2012/05/11/does-anyone-know-what-happened-to-the-hinky-meter/#comments
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »

http://niecey456.com/2012/05/11/does-anyone-know-what-happened-to-the-hinky-meter/#comments

Thanks Klaas......I knew you would find the answer.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2012, 03:51:10 PM »

Thanks Klaas. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
To all the Monkeys those who have 4 legged fur babies included.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »

Happy Mothers Day

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2012, 12:59:05 PM »

Thanks Klaas......I knew you would find the answer.

Thanks from me too!   

I always enjoyed reading at THM, and Val's perspective on things in general.

She is in my thoughts and prayers. 

I hope eventually she will be back, writing...somewhere!  I can certainly understand why she needed a break from it all.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
To all the Monkeys those who have 4 legged fur babies included.  an angelic monkey

Beautiful, Happy Mother's Day to you too Green Eyes; and to all monkey momma's!

I agree about the momma's of fur babies too, I told my daughter in law Happy Mother's Day, they don't have children yet but they do have two fur babies that she loves and takes very good care of.  She laughed and thanked me.  I just wanted her to know how much I appreciate all she does for them.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »

Happy Mothers Day

Soooo cute!

Happy Mother's Day to you too, San!   

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2012, 02:32:14 PM »

Yup------you too everyone. TY

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »

Thanks Klaas. 
Yes, there is a post from Val which explains her position.  I feel her pain and pray she finds the right person to help her work through some of the issues.  What a courageous woman she is!

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »

Klaas...I tried getting on today from my cell phone and it still says that I am banned.  Sad 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »

Klaas...I tried getting on today from my cell phone and it still says that I am banned.  Sad 

I just adjusted something.  Try again and see if you still get it.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »

I just adjusted something.  Try again and see if you still get it.

Okay, my phone died while at a chorus concert...but as soon as it's charged I will try again.  Thanks!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2012, 07:57:08 AM »

Thanks Klaas. 
Yes, there is a post from Val which explains her position.  I feel her pain and pray she finds the right person to help her work through some of the issues.  What a courageous woman she is!

Indeed she is courageous Sister!  I applaud Val for her openness and wish her Godspeed in her journey towards healing. 
One cannot pick one's parents, or change them.
Having experienced estrangement, hate, indifference and finally reconciliation and some level of acceptance with a parent was most beneficial to me.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.