March 28, 2024, 02:32:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448610 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »

I'm not sure where the best place is to put this...but it has been discussed some in other threads...like Trayvon Martin's.  Anyhow, two of the four suspects wanted for the beating of a military man have been arrested in Tampa.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/5/18/police_2_of_4_suspec.html?cmpid=facebook

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2012, 10:54:46 AM »

But the question is, will they be charged with a hate crime?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2012, 10:46:36 PM »

Not sure where to put this.  The couple is the grandparents of a friend of mine (this comes from the FB support page for the Straits):  It sounds like they need to get the word out...things aren't happening fast enough in this case.  Sounds like some support for the killer and rapist too.  Anyhow, thought that more support could come from the Monkeys.  Such a sad sad tragedy.

"Not to much to update other than the usual, government officials ignoring questions and this case, any main stream media will ignore if not quickly delete any post in refrence to the Straits case. Nothing more has been done to further progress this case and nobody still wants to answer any questions. I wish I could tell you they have all been captured and will pay but I cant. I, WE need you all to not forget and spread the word of this crime. Its terrible how many people in this world just dont care but then theres you and I...PLEASE POST ABOUT THIS ALL OVER YOUR LOCAL AREA. BOB AND NANCY DESERVE NOTHING LESS! RAPE/BRUTAL ABUSE ON OUR ELDERLY IS NOT OK!!! WHERE THE HELL IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM AND MEDIA WILLING TO SPEAK UP FOR THEM!?!? There also is bickering amongst a rally held for the Straits locally which sincerely saddens me and breaks my heart. Any proceeds had already been discussed on where it should go. Sadly they changed their mind about monies under pressure. I do not agree with it but there is nothing I can do but pray the moral just thing is done and for senseless, needless bashing of the Strait family to stop. Their tragedy is not a form of enterainment or topic of social media for you to judge or talk nasty about. Until you have walked a day in that families shoes you have absolutely NO room to talk. Also there is a fb page "Tyrone Woodfork" supporting his actions and black hatred towards whites... when will this ever end?? How could anyone see this crime as "acceptable" please friends lets fight~!"  https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForBobNancyStrait
http://www.examiner.com/article/bob-strait-victim-of-home-invasion-march-passed-away-last-friday

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »

Not sure where to put this.  The couple is the grandparents of a friend of mine (this comes from the FB support page for the Straits):  It sounds like they need to get the word out...things aren't happening fast enough in this case.  Sounds like some support for the killer and rapist too.  Why would anyone support him?  Anyhow, thought that more support for the family could come from the Monkeys.  Such a sad sad tragedy.

"Not to much to update other than the usual, government officials ignoring questions and this case, any main stream media will ignore if not quickly delete any post in refrence to the Straits case. Nothing more has been done to further progress this case and nobody still wants to answer any questions. I wish I could tell you they have all been captured and will pay but I cant. I, WE need you all to not forget and spread the word of this crime. Its terrible how many people in this world just dont care but then theres you and I...PLEASE POST ABOUT THIS ALL OVER YOUR LOCAL AREA. BOB AND NANCY DESERVE NOTHING LESS! RAPE/BRUTAL ABUSE ON OUR ELDERLY IS NOT OK!!! WHERE THE HELL IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM AND MEDIA WILLING TO SPEAK UP FOR THEM!?!? There also is bickering amongst a rally held for the Straits locally which sincerely saddens me and breaks my heart. Any proceeds had already been discussed on where it should go. Sadly they changed their mind about monies under pressure. I do not agree with it but there is nothing I can do but pray the moral just thing is done and for senseless, needless bashing of the Strait family to stop. Their tragedy is not a form of enterainment or topic of social media for you to judge or talk nasty about. Until you have walked a day in that families shoes you have absolutely NO room to talk. Also there is a fb page "Tyrone Woodfork" supporting his actions and black hatred towards whites... when will this ever end?? How could anyone see this crime as "acceptable" please friends lets fight~!"  https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForBobNancyStrait
http://www.examiner.com/article/bob-strait-victim-of-home-invasion-march-passed-away-last-friday

Self edit...How I wrote it sounded like I was asking for support for the killer and rapist. 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2012, 11:33:23 PM »

As you know I have been actively doing genealogy research on my mother's and fathers sides of their family.  This is my greatest achievement so far:

and 

This is my GGGG Grandfather and his wife is buried beside him.  Her headstone is chipped piece of rock that (probably him) scratched her name and death date on the stone.  I think she died at 1805 (was born in 1751).

I have searched for this cemetery for over 15 years.  I almost cried today when I saw it.  It is in a "hollow" in Macon Co., TN, way back in the boonies.  I happen to look closely out into the field and there it was off in the distance.  We stopped and asked the old man who lived there if we could drive back there.  He said, Do you live around here?  No, I don't but my parents are both from this area.  Turns out he is a 3rd cousin to me.  He was so nice. We talked and talked.  Me and hubby drove back into the field (had to open an electric fence to get in there) and I just took pictures all around the cemetery.  I found my mothers half-brother there also.  Had to spray me and hubby down with "off" because of the deer ticks being so bad this year.  Also, had to watch where I walked as the copperheads are so thick in this area. My aunt would not come with me because of copperheads!!!!

I am so proud of my GGGG grandfather.  I have his military papers from that time period.  He came back home from fighting in North Carolina and the Tory's had burn his house down and his wife and kids were with neighbors hiding from the Tory's.  What a story to tell us so many years later!!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2012, 01:39:15 AM »

As you know I have been actively doing genealogy research on my mother's and fathers sides of their family.  This is my greatest achievement so far:

and 

This is my GGGG Grandfather and his wife is buried beside him.  Her headstone is chipped piece of rock that (probably him) scratched her name and death date on the stone.  I think she died at 1805 (was born in 1751).

I have searched for this cemetery for over 15 years.  I almost cried today when I saw it.  It is in a "hollow" in Macon Co., TN, way back in the boonies.  I happen to look closely out into the field and there it was off in the distance.  We stopped and asked the old man who lived there if we could drive back there.  He said, Do you live around here?  No, I don't but my parents are both from this area.  Turns out he is a 3rd cousin to me.  He was so nice. We talked and talked.  Me and hubby drove back into the field (had to open an electric fence to get in there) and I just took pictures all around the cemetery.  I found my mothers half-brother there also.  Had to spray me and hubby down with "off" because of the deer ticks being so bad this year.  Also, had to watch where I walked as the copperheads are so thick in this area. My aunt would not come with me because of copperheads!!!!

I am so proud of my GGGG grandfather.  I have his military papers from that time period.  He came back home from fighting in North Carolina and the Tory's had burn his house down and his wife and kids were with neighbors hiding from the Tory's.  What a story to tell us so many years later!!

BlueMoon  How exciting for you. That's wonderful.  I am so happy for you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »

Blue Moon!!   

How wonderful it is you've made your discovery after so much time and effort    One thing I was wondering about.  Do you have the GPS coordinates for the cemetery recorded?  That may be very useful in the future. 

You and your hubby were very determined folks to deal with deer ticks and especially the threat of copperheads.  Durned copperheads don't give any warning and they are hard to see.  I'm glad you were able to find the graves of your relatives and get back out unscathed. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2012, 10:00:39 AM »

Has anyone else heard that Robin Williams died on set in Austria early this morning?  Does anyone know a legitimate site to check?  I heard it through my local news station facebook page...but, it was not from the news it was from a person posting...there is one link that says it is true but not sure of it's reliability.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »

Has anyone else heard that Robin Williams died on set in Austria early this morning?  Does anyone know a legitimate site to check?  I heard it through my local news station facebook page...but, it was not from the news it was from a person posting...there is one link that says it is true but not sure of it's reliability.

Robin Gibbs passed yesterday (The Bee Gees). I have not seen or heard anything about Robin Williams. I will keep looking. I hope it is not true Sad

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »

Robin Gibbs passed yesterday (The Bee Gees). I have not seen or heard anything about Robin Williams. I will keep looking. I hope it is not true Sad

After more research...I believe that it is fake.  Looking at the only site that has it posted...it appears that people can type in fake news...who would do that?  Crazy!  I was concerned because I saw it on the news facebook, posted from a reader.  Now it's on Twitter and people everywhere are asking about it.  I really don't think that it is true.  Thanks for looking around though. 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 10:20:07 AM »

After more research...I believe that it is fake.  Looking at the only site that has it posted...it appears that people can type in fake news...who would do that?  Crazy!  I was concerned because I saw it on the news facebook, posted from a reader.  Now it's on Twitter and people everywhere are asking about it.  I really don't think that it is true.  Thanks for looking around though. 

http://robin.williams.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_austria.php

Definitely FAKE!  Can't believe I fell for that...ugh...I won't do that again.

about this web site. FAKE... THIS STORY IS 100% FAKE! this is an entertainment website, and this is a totally fake article based on zero truth and is a complete work of fiction for entertainment purposes! this story was dynamically generated using a generic 'template' and is not factual. Any reference to specific individuals has been 100% fabricated by web site visitors who have created fake stories by entering a name into a blank 'non-specific' template for the purpose of entertainment. For sub-domain info, name removal requests and additional use restrictions: FakeAWish.com
Copyright © 2012 FakeAWish.com All rights reserved.

Sorry to worry anyone! Embarassed Embarassed

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 01:30:18 PM »

Blue Moon!!   

How wonderful it is you've made your discovery after so much time and effort    One thing I was wondering about.  Do you have the GPS coordinates for the cemetery recorded?  That may be very useful in the future. 

You and your hubby were very determined folks to deal with deer ticks and especially the threat of copperheads.  Durned copperheads don't give any warning and they are hard to see.  I'm glad you were able to find the graves of your relatives and get back out unscathed. 

Hi Muffy.  I do have the GPS coordinates for the cemetery and that is how I found exactly where it was.  I googled maps using the coordinates and then I zoomed in.  I could not see the cemetery because it was hidden by trees but it did show me it was out in the middle of cow pasture surrounded by an electric fence.  I knew it was sitting above a creek on a little hillside but had no idea it was back in a field.  We had to stop at the house of the owner to get permission to go back to the cemetery.  Believe me, in an isolated area back in the boonies this is sometimes not a very wise thing to do.  I felt confident enough though that my parents were probably kin to almost anyone in the area and sure enough they were.  My hubby wasn't so confident, he stood back close to his truck and only came up to the house once I yelled at him.  He opened the electric fence and I drove the truck in and it was a little ways up to the cemetery. 

With this info I may apply now for the DAR designation for our family (Daughters of the American Revolution).  I really don't know why it is a Tennessee chapter of Historical Society because he was living and died in Kentucky.  His land is right on the border of Tennessee and Kentucky and originally a chapter of the Kentucky Historical society recognized him and found the grave site.  Back in those days there were disputes on which state that area was in.  I guess even today there is still a dispute about that.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »

Blue Moon.....you are some gutsy girl....lol.....but I am thrilled for you.

Thank you for sharing with us......

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »

Way to go Blue Moon!  I'm so proud for you!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2012, 11:21:59 AM »

I ran across this when "Googling" Sierra's killer...it took me to justice quest and as I was reading it showed a contest with Cars for Good...Texas Equusearch is on it.  Go Vote!
It is today only!

https://apps.facebook.com/carsforgood/

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2012, 03:22:49 PM »

and 

Great work!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47538032/ns/today-today_tech/t/sneezing-monkey-highlights-new-species-list/
Sneezing monkey highlights new species list

Thomas Geissmann / Fauna & Flora International
A previously unknown type of snub-nosed monkey, discovered in northern Myanmar and dubbed Rhinopithecus strykeri, has a nose so upturned that the animals sneeze when it rains. To avoid inhaling water, they sit with their heads tucked between their knees on drizzly days, local hunters say. The species is shown here in a Photoshop reconstruction based on a Yunnan snub-nosed monkey and a carcass of the newly discovered species.

More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »

and 

Great work!

Bluemoon,

Beautiful.

Have you checked the newspaper archives?

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22benjamin+poe%22&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=newspapers

Did Benjamin Poe have kin folk in W.V?

http://news.google.com/newspapers (browse all newspapers)

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »

and 

Great work!

Bluemoon,

Beautiful.

Have you checked the newspaper archives?

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22benjamin+poe%22&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=newspapers

Did Benjamin Poe have kin folk in W.V?

http://news.google.com/newspapers (browse all newspapers)

No, he was born in Culpeper Co., VA and must have moved with his family to Chatham Co., NC at least by 1770.  I don't think he spent much time in Virginia.  I have GenealogyBank but haven't had much luck in finding a lot of the families in those newspaper.  It appears after his service in N.C. he moved his family to the land he is buried on and lived and died there.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2012, 05:18:17 PM »

Blue Moon,

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading about your find.  How exciting! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.