March 28, 2024, 07:36:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #60 04/23/12- 04/22/13  (Read 448636 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2012, 07:55:23 PM »

Hi again, Monkey's,

Cookie,

I just read another idea; it is not new, but new to me, to freeze water bottles or empty drinking plastic bottles with water, in your freezer. 

I have the empty plastic bottles you an redeem for 5 cents at Wall mart. However, for the other bottles that cannot be redeemed, (or, redeemed, in another state), I may just keep those on the side too, just in case, to pop in the freezer or even freeze them now.

Your tip was good to leave about a couple inches of space, from the top of the plastic water bags, before freezing; I would like the same stands for plastic water bottles, in the freezer.

I probably have people on the net, panicky for a storm Smile

Seahorse  That sounds like a good idea. I would think the same would hold true for the bottles too. There has to be air flow in the freezer compartment.  Just heard we are in for some bad storms the next couple days. Hope you don't have any bad weather.
GE, did you notice since 2 p.m. we've been under an extreme storm alert?   Not a cloud in the sky here yet and its still over 100 degrees.............
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »

Hi again, Monkey's,

Cookie,

I just read another idea; it is not new, but new to me, to freeze water bottles or empty drinking plastic bottles with water, in your freezer. 

I have the empty plastic bottles you an redeem for 5 cents at Wall mart. However, for the other bottles that cannot be redeemed, (or, redeemed, in another state), I may just keep those on the side too, just in case, to pop in the freezer or even freeze them now.

Your tip was good to leave about a couple inches of space, from the top of the plastic water bags, before freezing; I would like the same stands for plastic water bottles, in the freezer.

Seahorse  That sounds like a good idea. I would think the same would hold true for the bottles too. There has to be air flow in the freezer compartment.  Just heard we are in for some bad storms the next couple days. Hope you don't have any bad weather.
GE, did you notice since 2 p.m. we've been under an extreme storm alert?   Not a cloud in the sky here yet and its still over 100 degrees.............

Yes I know. But nothing is suppose to happen until midnight. Last I read. We are now getting some high clouds and it's 98.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2012, 09:42:19 PM »

Hi again, Monkey's,

Cookie,

Yes I know. But nothing is suppose to happen until midnight. Last I read. We are now getting some high clouds and it's 98.
Clouds must be comin from down your way......in my back yard its nearly dark out......front yard clear and suns still shining.......only in Texas!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »

The storm got here about 9:30. Not sure which way it came from. Went to the store about 8 and when I was on the way home there was lightening  east, west, north and south.  It was really an odd feeling having it all around me driving down the highway. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2012, 03:02:14 PM »

The storm got here about 9:30. Not sure which way it came from. Went to the store about 8 and when I was on the way home there was lightening  east, west, north and south.  It was really an odd feeling having it all around me driving down the highway. 

Passing over me now in North Central Texas.  The worst is heading southeast from here saving the metroplex this time.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »

Passing over me now in North Central Texas.  The worst is heading southeast from here saving the metroplex this time.   

Wow, Green Eyes, you should be a storm rider..must have been a thrilling and beautiful ride with the Lightening-show.  Glad everyone is fine and the storm passed.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET TONIGHT!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2012, 12:25:36 AM »

Wow, Green Eyes, you should be a storm rider..must have been a thrilling and beautiful ride with the Lightening-show.  Glad everyone is fine and the storm passed.

It was awesome Seahorse. I love storms. Most of the lightning was cloud to cloud with it dancing across the sky every which way. With a few to the ground. Wish I would have had one of my grand kids with me so they could have taken pictures while we were driving.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2012, 10:05:53 AM »

It was awesome Seahorse. I love storms. Most of the lightning was cloud to cloud with it dancing across the sky every which way. With a few to the ground. Wish I would have had one of my grand kids with me so they could have taken pictures while we were driving.

Good nmorning Monkey's,

Greeneyes,

I lived in that State and you can see all God's country, while on the road. 

You must have seen miles of clouds and the lightening, while driving.

I bet those wildflowers looks pretty after the storm Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »

Seahorse  Yep you can see for miles. I love it after being in Southern Calif where you were lucky to be able to she mountains most days. Our wild flowers were really early this year and most of them are gone now.  Hope you are have a good week end.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2012, 03:18:19 PM »

Seahorse  Yep you can see for miles. I love it after being in Southern Calif where you were lucky to be able to she mountains most days. Our wild flowers were really early this year and most of them are gone now.  Hope you are have a good week end.

Thank-you, Green Eyes!  Have a good one, too. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »

Border Collie rounds up tigers in South Africa 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2012, 11:29:34 PM »

How cute is that!  What a brave doggie! 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »

Happy Father's Day to all you great Dad's........ 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »

Happy Father's Day to all you great Dad's........ 

I will second that Nutt   Happy Fathers Day to all the wonderful dads. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »

Rock stars in their 60s and beyond

http://www.clickorlando.com/entertainment/-/1636654/107622/-/1080dhez/-/index.html

Slideshow

Some of us just don't age well.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »

Hey, everyone. I hope everyone is doing great!

It's been a long time since I posted on this board. Been extra busy for a few months, and continue to be, just came to check this old hangout.

One thing that surprised me is that it's getting harder to find the website. I checked Google for Scared Monkeys, and went to the .com, which is more of a news outlet, now.  Not sure if it always was, but just noticed.

I then found the chat button, way down the page, which directed me to the .net site. Since I had erased all my bookmarks, I had to find the topic manually, and it was hard.

I noticed Scared Monkeys is now on Facebook. I hope this website is not replaced by Facebook, since this is more organized, and there is lots of archived information.

Anyway, just jotting my thoughts, no controversy intended.

I read your posts, when I can, even if I'm not posting.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2012, 02:10:41 PM »

Hi Moosee!!    It's good to see you!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2012, 07:22:14 PM »

Hey, everyone. I hope everyone is doing great!

It's been a long time since I posted on this board. Been extra busy for a few months, and continue to be, just came to check this old hangout.

One thing that surprised me is that it's getting harder to find the website. I checked Google for Scared Monkeys, and went to the .com, which is more of a news outlet, now.  Not sure if it always was, but just noticed.

I then found the chat button, way down the page, which directed me to the .net site. Since I had erased all my bookmarks, I had to find the topic manually, and it was hard.

I noticed Scared Monkeys is now on Facebook. I hope this website is not replaced by Facebook, since this is more organized, and there is lots of archived information.

Anyway, just jotting my thoughts, no controversy intended.

I read your posts, when I can, even if I'm not posting.

Hi Itaryl - good to see you!

Scared Monkeys has always been the same with the .com and .net.  Actually, the .com came long before the .net.

NO, there is no plan to shut down the forum and take discussions to Facebook.  FB is way too limiting. 
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »

Thanks ladies.

Happy longest day of 2012!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.